Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

La'Michael Pettway update

Started by The Recruiting Guy, March 19, 2014, 12:41:25 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

sickboy

Ā 

Seebs

He used the word 'we' when referencing the Arkansas facilities. Might have been a slip up but I like it never the less.

""I want to go into this locker room we just built," he said. "I want to go into the weight room and checkout the nutrition.""
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: Richard Davenport on March 19, 2014, 12:41:25 pm
http://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2014/mar/19/pettway-visiting-hogs-birthday/
It'd certainly be nice to think that by his visiting on his "Bday" that eventually it could end up being a great gift for both La'Michael AND the Hogs.  ;D

Steef

Peppa Pig

Quote from: Seebs on March 19, 2014, 01:44:51 pm
He used the word 'we' when referencing the Arkansas facilities. Might have been a slip up but I like it never the less.

""I want to go into this locker room we just built," he said. "I want to go into the weight room and checkout the nutrition.""

That same thing jumped out at me.  "We" is a great sign.

He should make these visits, see the country, tour some campuses...and then come on home.

hawgmasta

Reminds me a bit of Greg Childs; not break away speed or shiftiness, but big and strong and once gets going is hard to stop.

His offer list reminds me of Dan Skipper. Not the highest rated guy but looking at his offer list you realize he's wanted by the best programs in the country.

Virgil

Can't be a bad thing for sure.  I think it's a good thing.
It's not what you push but what pushes you!!

PorkerOinker

Would be a huge get for the HOGS.
"America promises equal opportunity, not equal outcomes"-Paul Ryan

redeye

That sounds like an Arkansas fan to me.  Doesn't mean he'll sign with Arkansas, but I don't know how you could take that any other way.

Also find it interesting that he won't be going to Alabama's spring game, even though all the gooroo's have him picking Alabama.

Hawg_Thai'd

I LOL when I saw that he moved to Arkansas in the 3rd grade. There were some that were talking like him and his family just moved to Arkansas and made it sound like he couldn't wait to get back to Alabama. I would say that his childhood connections are in Arkansas. Great Job again, RD. Those quotes put things in perspective. I feel we have a good shot at him.
I'm a helluva guy. One of the best, in fact.

SemperFi

Quote from: Hawg_Thaid on March 19, 2014, 08:26:47 pm
I LOL when I saw that he moved to Arkansas in the 3rd grade. There were some that were talking like him and his family just moved to Arkansas and made it sound like he couldn't wait to get back to Alabama. I would say that his childhood connections are in Arkansas. Great Job again, RD. Those quotes put things in perspective. I feel we have a good shot at him.

I remember reading much the same in previous posts about Pettway. It made me think that he had just recently moved here too. I believe that he's Arkansas' to loose after reading RD's article.
Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem. - Ronald Reagan

Hawg_Thai'd

Quote from: FlyFisher on March 19, 2014, 08:51:28 pm
I remember reading much the same in previous posts about Pettway. It made me think that he had just recently moved here too. I believe that he's Arkansas' to loose after reading RD's article.

I would say that if he has some close family back there in Bama that might factor in, but if his parents live here in Arkansas and have no plans to move back to Alabama, he may just want to be a part of this great '15 class we are about to get.

Ā 

LRrazorback

I don't think he has an offer from us.  Does he get one on this visit?

Hawg_Thai'd

Quote from: LRrazorback on March 20, 2014, 09:07:34 am

Might be a good Birthday present. Hmmm.

Virgil

Quote from: LRrazorback on March 20, 2014, 09:07:34 am

I'd be very surprised if he doesn't get one.

pigture perfect

If he came from Alabama, he might be an Auburn lock. Sure like having the South Arkansas boys going to the hill though.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

PorkRinds

Quote from: pigture perfect on March 20, 2014, 09:31:11 am
If he came from Alabama, he might be an Auburn lock. Sure like having the South Arkansas boys going to the hill though.

Since he referred to Arkansas as "we" I would say Auburn lock would be a bit of a stretch.

MGB1229

Quote from: Hawg_Thaid on March 19, 2014, 08:26:47 pm

It's amazing the number of people that will just say things as fact and then backtrack when they get called out. 

Polecat

Not sure if it's been pointed out, but the background photo on his Twitter account is a building from the U of Alabama campus
Arkansas born and raised. 1999 UA alum

ricepig

Well, he got his offer, guess it's another wait and see.......

Virgil

Quote from: Polecat on March 20, 2014, 11:01:22 am
Not sure if it's been pointed out, but the background photo on his Twitter account is a building from the U of Alabama campus

His background says "Prime Time".  Maybe he just changed it.

Polecat

Quote from: Virgil on March 20, 2014, 03:04:55 pm
His background says "Prime Time".  Maybe he just changed it.

Yes he changed it later this morning
Arkansas born and raised. 1999 UA alum

Wahls

Quote from: hawgmasta on March 19, 2014, 03:22:26 pm
Reminds me a bit of Greg Childs; not break away speed or shiftiness, but big and strong and once gets going is hard to stop.

He is not anywhere near as strong as Greg Childs and isn't as good against press as Childs was at the same points in their careers. Childs in high school was a physical guy who out muscled you to the ball. He is not that sort of receiver right now. We will see what his senior year holds.
Quote from: A.Ziffle on April 20, 2012, 10:39:01 pm
You have two kinds of tough guys... those that do it from behind a keyboard, and those that juggle soap in prison just to show they're a fearless bastard.

Ā 

redeye

Quote from: Polecat on March 20, 2014, 05:56:46 pm
Yes he changed it later this morning

I'm gonna take that as another positive sign.  I noticed the Alabama building a while back, too, but then he told RD that he was going to attend Auburn's spring game over Alabama's (they're the same day), so I see that as 2 strikes against Alabama.

Hawg_Thai'd

Quote from: redeye on March 21, 2014, 03:13:34 am
I'm gonna take that as another positive sign.  I noticed the Alabama building a while back, too, but then he told RD that he was going to attend Auburn's spring game over Alabama's (they're the same day), so I see that as 2 strikes against Alabama.

I think a good season with a healthy QB meshing well with his receivers, we should stand a good chance with Pettway, among others.

Hogberry Snortcake

Quote from: Hawg_Thaid on March 21, 2014, 04:17:15 am
I think a good season with a healthy QB meshing well with his receivers, we should stand a good chance with Pettway, among others.

Have to say it again, the in-state talent the next couple of years is fricking impressive.  That is all. 

MP24

January 01, 2019, 08:53:32 am Ā»
I love me some Chelsea Dungee.

hoghiker

He sounds like the Hogs have a great chance of landing his services.

onebadrubi

I'm thinking the timing of his offer was planned all along!  Arkansas knew they were going to offer and in the grand scheme it isn't a late offer, but it stands out more because of the quality of the way it was offered.  Just a thought. 

Also he's been quoted as saying if he plays two sports he's definitely going to Arkansas. 

ml2200

Quote from: onebadrubi on March 21, 2014, 11:01:17 am
I'm thinking the timing of his offer was planned all along!  Arkansas knew they were going to offer and in the grand scheme it isn't a late offer, but it stands out more because of the quality of the way it was offered.  Just a thought. 

Also he's been quoted as saying if he plays two sports he's definitely going to Arkansas. 

Two sports?  May be thinking of KJ Hill there.

pillowhog

Quote from: onebadrubi on March 21, 2014, 11:01:17 am

Two sports?  What else? 

Razorhawg09

Gragg, Stewart, Hill and Pettway all may ink elsewhere.

MP24

Gragg, Stewart, Hill and Pettway all may ink to Arkansas.
January 01, 2019, 08:53:32 am Ā»
I love me some Chelsea Dungee.

Razorhawg09

Quote from: MP24 on March 21, 2014, 01:05:06 pm
Odds are we don't get all of them.

ricepig

Quote from: Razorhawg09 on March 21, 2014, 01:08:13 pm

Odds are you don't know, but, no one does.

Huckleberry Pig

Odds are you would secretly enjoy that

pillowhog

Odds are Duke would beat Mercer

sickboy

You just like pissing people off or what? I'm trying to understand the satisfaction someone gets by getting other people worked up?

PorkRinds

Guys, I'm not a huge RH09 fan, but he's right.  Odds are we won't get all of them.  Hopefully we DO, but I wouldn't hold my breath.  That would be an insane in state haul, and a great class in general.  One way above what the odds currently reflect. 

OneTuskOverTheLineā„¢

Noticed that too... +1
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

Razorhawg09

Quote from: sickboy1138.2 on March 21, 2014, 01:47:58 pm
You just like pissing people off or what? I'm trying to understand the satisfaction someone gets by getting other people worked up?
If you get agitated by what someone posts on a message board, odds are your life is in the toilet.

Razorhawg09

Quote from: PorkRinds on March 21, 2014, 01:53:30 pm
Guys, I'm not a huge RH09 fan, but he's right.  Odds are we won't get all of them.  Hopefully we DO, but I wouldn't hold my breath.  That would be an insane in state haul, and a great class in general.  One way above what the odds currently reflect.
When was the last time we swept the state? It's never happening again. Ever.

PorkRinds

Quote from: Razorhawg09 on March 21, 2014, 02:01:29 pm
When was the last time we swept the state? It's never happening again. Ever.

Well, I took up for you once, but I can't this time.  Never say never.  Lightning does strike twice sometimes.  I wouldn't say never.  Ever.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: Razorhawg09 on March 21, 2014, 02:00:38 pm
If you get agitated by what someone posts on a message board, odds are your life is in the toilet.
If you consistently post some of the crap you do odds are you're a troll.

lumphog

He's a "MASTER BAITER"

Scott7703

Quote from: Razorhawg09 on March 21, 2014, 01:02:02 pm
Gragg, Stewart, Hill and Pettway all may ink elsewhere.

I'm thinking we get 3/4 minimum.

sickboy

Quote from: Razorhawg09 on March 21, 2014, 02:00:38 pm

While I agree, that doesn't really explain why you work so hard to agitate folks. I'm just curious how someone gets satisfaction out of pissing people off. Especially people who are easy targets... as internet posters tend to be. I mean, you have to want a smite to applaud ratio that lopsided.

You don't agitate me in the least... I actually agree with the philosophy of what you're saying many times... I just don't understand the tone you take.

redeye

Quote from: MP24 on March 21, 2014, 01:05:06 pm

RH09 seems to have missed a keyword here.

I believe that's called sadism.

onebadrubi

Quote from: ml2200 on March 21, 2014, 11:55:52 am
Two sports?  May be thinking of KJ Hill there.

Yup!  Mixed them up, I apologize