Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hearing we may be shocked by increased passing this year

Started by three hog night, March 19, 2014, 07:51:50 am

Previous topic - Next topic

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

Quote from: PorkRinds on March 20, 2014, 10:37:28 pm
I've not attacked or bashed anyone in this thread. Nor have I called anyone "not a real fan" or "a troll" that I can remember. I'd love to see examples of all this bashing I've been doing. I don't really care how long someone has been here, and how many times I post in a day shouldn't worry you at all. You dark sliders sure do seemingly have a persecution complex.

Yes, you have.  I don't have to quote it, just go back and read it.  From name-calling to dog piling and inciting posters who have been here a lot longer than you.  And yes, that does matter.  The Nutt era was very painful for a lot of our fans and you use that as ammunition.  We call that flaming here, and it's against the rules.
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

TheRazorbackGuy

Quote from: PorkRinds on March 20, 2014, 02:54:45 pm
Do many not credit this very board for helping oust HDN?

Hogville had a big part to do with the anger towards HDN who was from Arkansas. We took it out on our own guy porkhinds

PorkRinds

Quote from: Notshavin on March 20, 2014, 11:14:58 pm
Yes, you have.  I don't have to quote it, just go back and read it.  From name-calling to dog piling and inciting posters who have been here a lot longer than you.  And yes, that does matter.  The Nutt era was very painful for a lot of our fans and you use that as ammunition.  We call that flaming here, and it's against the rules.

Not a single chance I've broken any rules.  You've done as much inciting as I have, and flaming as well.  I can't help if some of you were traumatized by Houston Nutt.  And last I checked, talking about Nutt and that era isn't against the rules.  I've actually been pretty much respectful.  Some of you seriously can't take what you dish out. 

kingofdequeen

Quote from: Notshavin on March 20, 2014, 11:14:58 pm

quite possibly the most nob post of the year.

twistitup

How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

urkillnmesmalls

WHOA, WHOA, WHOA.  I think you COMPLETELY whiffed on what I was trying to get at with the post that you're saying I ignored facts about.  Please re-read this...   

What I was trying to say is, in a nutshell, that JFB was a unique situation, and in today's world, the return of HDN is not going to happen IN TERMS of a coach's tenure.  The idea that he may run the ball primarily, and Hogville is calling that HDN II, is another story entirely.  We JUST WITNESSED Auburn do just that and come a whisker from a NC, but I seriously doubt it will be labeled here as HDN II.

One year is just not enough man.  You and a few others are here defending your position as allowing everyone to be heard.  I'm fine with that, but here's a simple example. 

Extreme:  This guy is a joke.  He had to win anything with other teams on probation, and he ran it on weak Big 10 teams.  That won't work here, and in about 2 years everyone who is on this board pumping CBB sunshine will be back on here hating on Jeff Long for terminating the only good coach we'll ever have. 

Rational reply:  It's only been one year, and if you really look at the stats, when CBB had a QB that was reliable and could make plays, he opened it up more than some think.  In fact, he was fairly balanced in yardage from Run vs. Pass.  Yes, if he has incredible RB's and line that can blow people off the ball, he'll probably run more, but let's give him a chance.  It's only been one year, and doesn't he at least deserve that? 

Then Extreme guy will respond with something about how dumb that guy is, and he has his hand in the sand, and this will never work. 

SO TO MAKE APPLES TO APPLES, this is what an EXTREME sunshine pumper would say, since you and others are trying to label those who are SIMPLY asking for more time for CBB. 

You don't know what you're talking about.  CBB will one day make people forget the invention of sliced bread.  He's going to show how a Pig Farmer from Minnesota can roll up his sleeves and do work here in Arkansas, and we're going to win multiple National Championships.  We may go undefeated as early as 2016 in fact, and I'd bet my own pig farm on it!  There's no reason to believe otherwise, because how many times has it been said on this board that we should have won the NC under Nutt in the year we had DMAC, Jones, and Hillis?  All we need is that level of talent, which is on the way, and a better coach. 

THAT is extreme sunshine pumping.  Asking for more time, and asking our fans to at least respect our coach to a point of not making insults by calling him Bert and poking fun at his wife for being a fan, is not really asking too much is it?  Is that really EXTREME?  No...it's not, and I just showed that above. 

So...this hiding behind, "There's nothing wrong with being critical of the coach" is one thing, but suggesting and I and a few others are somehow representing the "extreme" viewpoint is simply not true.  I haven't seen a SINGLE person suggest that CBB may fail, and there are some warning signs already.  But...just like we gave Nolan time, MA time, and others who were, or are starting to be successful, CBB deserves the same respect.     

Quote from: urkillnmesmalls on March 20, 2014, 12:43:09 pm
IMO, it stems from the HDN days.  Many people who were supporters of the program, at some point failed to see the body of work, and to believe some of the outlandish stories about how he had treated Malzahn and the Springdale kids.  The respect for JFB and all he had done for the program over the years simply led many to believe that in essence, he would never do anything to hurt the program.  As we saw in his now famous "potenshul" speech, at some point he lost touch on some level, and while he would never intentionally do anything to hurt the program, he was doing it almost involuntarily. 

So...it set up a dichotomy where some felt HDN could turn it around, and some who were more informed about everything as a whole, felt it was well beyond the point of no return, and his off field behavior was the last straw. 

That created what I view as an irrational fear that there's some inherent requirement to see failure from a distance that is not even possible.  No one knows that CBB is going to fail here.  No one knows he's going to succeed here.

What I do feel confident about is, JL or whoever the AD is moving forward, will NOT tolerate years of mediocrity or failure.  We're all here as fans hoping for the best, and seeing it play out. 

As for these people who are perpetually negative, I seriously wonder how they would feel if someone came to their house and ALL they said were negative things one after the other.  I hate my job, I hate my car, I can't stand this, that, and the other thing....and never anything positive.  I refuse to believe that ANYONE would want to voluntarily associate themselves with people like that, but they come to the board...and that's exactly their persona here.   
Quote from: Notshavin on March 20, 2014, 05:39:55 pm
The OP starts a thread about the passing game with the perspective on other threads that "trolls are ruining MMQB", and then proceeds to bash and personally attack posters who disagree with him.  Porkrinds(who has been here all of 4 months and averages 20 posts per day...interesting) also throughout the thread bashes/attacks posters, and then Urkillinme(whom I like overall and seems to be a pretty intelligent poster) to top it all off says that anyone who believed that HDN purposefully sabotaged some of our talent for his own personal gain(something that is a FACT and supported by FACTS), is believing lies and may be disillusioned/concerned, shouldn't voice their opinion bc it's disrespectful to the coach...

You 3 have spent a lot of time on this board calling posters "Trolls" and "not Real fans" - posters who have been here a long time, were here before CBB and will be here after he is gone. 

THAT makes no sense - you are barking up the wrong tree.

It's all about perspective.
I've never wanted a Hog coach to be successful more than I do for Pittman.  He's one of the good guys.

twistitup

kingofdequeen

urkillnmesmalls

Good Lord...what happened to my post up there ^^^??  I think some stuff got re-quoted or something. 

I was trying to make this point...

Notshavin..you said the following: 

"and then Urkillinme(whom I like overall and seems to be a pretty intelligent poster) to top it all off says that anyone who believed that HDN purposefully sabotaged some of our talent for his own personal gain(something that is a FACT and supported by FACTS), is believing lies and may be disillusioned/concerned, shouldn't voice their opinion bc it's disrespectful to the coach..."

I NEVER said any such thing.  Back on page 6 my post was intended to say EXACTLY the opposite.  People were loyal to JFB to a fault, UNTIL the nasty stories about how HDN treated the Springdale 5 and Malzahn came to light.  It's quoted two posts above as well, and I just wanted to at least clarify that one point. 

HDN II "style" of football could return here.  I don't think it will...but it's certainly possible.  What WILL NOT return here, is CBB performing poorly and remaining as the head coach as HDN did. 

Misunderstanding on that part.  What I do still disagree with is the term "extreme" and how it's being thrown around.  Extreme are those who hate Jeff Long, love BP, hate BB and show their disrespect outwardly, along with an attitude that there is no way he's going to succeed ever, and we're "approaching a decade of fail in football" as was posted earlier. 

Extreme on the other side would be suggesting we're going to win the NC next year or the year after, and that BB will one day be revered as better than BP, and we'll in fact win multiple NC's under him. 

What's NOT EXTREME, is asking our fan base to stay rational, DO NOT go HDN on this, and to suggest that one year is not enough to know what's going to happen under BB.  It's even possible to criticize within reason, like suggesting that we missed on the biggest need...LB...in recruiting, and why is that?   

I wanted to clarify my position on that as well.   ;) :razorback:
I've never wanted a Hog coach to be successful more than I do for Pittman.  He's one of the good guys.

kingofdequeen

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: kingofdequeen on March 21, 2014, 11:22:03 am
that post is 21" long.

2 feet of post.

Total accident.  I was experimenting with how to quote more than one post instead of cutting and pasting parts.  It was never meant to make it to press.   :D   It was already in the trash can, so I figured it was a good place to try it.  Fail. 

Plus...if you put something out there long enough, people just give up their argument because they don't want to read it.   :P

urkillnmesmalls

PonderinHog

Quote from: urkillnmesmalls on March 21, 2014, 11:25:09 am
Total accident.  I was experimenting with how to quote more than one post instead of cutting and pasting parts.  It was never meant to make it to press.   :D   It was already in the trash can, so I figured it was a good place to try it.  Fail. 

Plus...if you put something out there long enough, people just give up their argument because they don't want to read it.   :P
It woked.

twistitup

March 21, 2014, 12:36:45 pm #364 Last Edit: March 21, 2014, 01:32:24 pm by Notshavin
Quote from: urkillnmesmalls on March 21, 2014, 11:22:33 am

I NEVER said any such thing. 

You are correct, you did not say that.  I suffered from reading comprehension problems on that one.

My bad.  Thanks for clarifying.

published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

urkillnmesmalls

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: Notshavin on March 21, 2014, 12:36:45 pm
You are correct, you did not say that.  I suffered from reading comprehension on that one.

My bad.  Thanks for clarifying.

No worries bro.  It explains a few of the posts in there that I didn't understand, and I'm glad this found file 13.  I'm not an extremist, but admittedly my first instincts are typically to defend the program.  Part of that may come from years of travel, and living out of state...not sure.  I'm giving CBB some rope, but LONG AGO I'm on record here as saying that if things aren't clearly going in the right direction by year 3, then I'm fine with JL and CBB being given their papers as a two for one.  But...people can be as negative as they want to with their opinions or whatever else...I won't agree that last year's results are enough to pass judgement.  I've seen too many things end up being far from how they appear in my lifetime.   

Quote from: urkillnmesmalls on March 21, 2014, 01:37:53 pm
No worries bro.  It explains a few of the posts in there that I didn't understand, and I'm glad this found file 13.  I'm not an extremist, but admittedly my first instincts are typically to defend the program.  Part of that may come from years of travel, and living out of state...not sure.  I'm giving CBB some rope, but LONG AGO I'm on record here as saying that if things aren't clearly going in the right direction by year 3, then I'm fine with JL and CBB being given their papers as a two for one.  But...people can be as negative as they want to with their opinions or whatever else...I won't agree that last year's results are enough to pass judgement.  I've seen too many things end up being far from how they appear in my lifetime.   

Yeah, that was pretty bad because you actually were saying the opposite.  You were saying they "failed to believe the outlandish stories" and I read it as "and believed outlandish stories".

What a HUGE difference, LOL and I ran with it.

sportster365

Whoa Nelly urkil, why does Long have to go too? Firing Long anywhere in the near future would be a huge mistake.

The guy has made nothing but good hiring decisions since he's been here. Including the JLSmile experiment. We all, well most of us intially thought bringing in Smiles to not shake the boat so to speak and to reassure team chemistry sounded like a stroke of genius by Long.

First major move hiring CBP. Who literally came in and breathed new life into our program. Took us from being a league after thought to a nationally recognized program.

His ability to some how convince, at the time one of the hottest basketball coaches in country who was running a top 25 major division program to come back to the same place that close the doors in his face roughly 15 years ago was no small feat.

Next he brings in one of the most winningest active coaches in college football. A coach who had 3 rose bowl appearances in 7 years...  to come to a 4-8 team to take over....

What Long has done so far has been nothing under remarkable

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: sportster365 on March 21, 2014, 02:19:52 pm
Whoa Nelly urkil, why does Long have to go too? Firing Long anywhere in the near future would be a huge mistake.

The guy has made nothing but good hiring decisions since he's been here. Including the JLSmile experiment. We all, well most of us intially thought bringing in Smiles to not shake the boat so to speak and to reassure team chemistry sounded like a stroke of genius by Long.

First major move hiring CBP. Who literally came in and breathed new life into our program. Took us from being a league after thought to a nationally recognized program.

His ability to some how convince, at the time one of the hottest basketball coaches in country who was running a top 25 major division program to come back to the same place that close the doors in his face roughly 15 years ago was no small feat.

Next he brings in one of the most winningest active coaches in college football. A coach who had 3 rose bowl appearances in 7 years...  to come to a 4-8 team to take over....

What Long has done so far has been nothing under remarkable

If I start addressing your points, this is going to turn into a monster.  I don't really want to do that.  I agree with you on a lot of what you laid out, and depending on how things play out, I could change my mind. 

I hope that's a fair answer, because I don't want to open this can of worms.  I have my reasons for doubt, and I sincerely hope they are all laid to rest by success in the coming years. 

Wildhog

Quote from: Wildhog on March 20, 2014, 02:48:03 pm
Ready for a Matlock marathon so this thread will die.

Just a heads up.  There's a Matlock marathon on the Hallmark Channel.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

PonderinHog

Quote from: Wildhog on March 29, 2014, 09:21:20 am

Just a heads up.  There's a Matlock marathon on the Hallmark Channel.
I'll pass...

The_Hog_Father

Quote from: three hog night on March 20, 2014, 07:17:36 am
I actually think that it would settle down if the BP fans quit attacking BB and our program.  the fans like me that love the program more than any coach are trying to stand up for the program and offer an alternative opine for the recruits and their parents that may read the board.  I don't want our players to read the venom we are subjected to from the haters.

I could not agree with this more and cannot understand how The Perpetually Negative Fans don't get this?  Their constant negativity brings nothing to the table and feeds the negative recruiting against our program.

And yes, I am Fan of our Program first and felt that Coach Petrino needed time to implement his Brand of football. I feel the same about Coach B but feel that for the first time in a long time that we are getting a Recruiting and Walk on Program that is going to build a much stronger Program.

No negativity here... I want to support The U of A and all of Sports but I fell in love with the Hogs when I was 4 back '73 and my first words were actually making hog snorting noises and squealing woooo pig thanks to my crazy older brothers.

I am greatly looking forward to winning and seeing a fanbase that is no longer divided... Because when we ARE winning and these same fools pop off, I hope to hell they get purged.

I just want to be a Hog Fan and not fight other fans over ignorance and agendas.

And Yes I have a agenda... It's winning. And it's enjoying that with my fellow fans.  :razorback:

The_Hog_Father

Quote from: Notshavin on March 20, 2014, 09:58:38 am
And your agenda isn't personal?

You keep doing the VERY THING you want those you accuse to stop doing.  Those of you on this side of the fence will not get anywhere until you stop making accusations and getting personal also.

Both sides need to take a step back.

His is Agenda is like MOST fans here on Hogville: Winning.

And spewing vitriol helps no one.

I like you, Not Shavin, but don't understand that you seem to not get this very basic fact.

Quote from: The_Hog_Father on March 29, 2014, 04:55:14 pm
His is Agenda is like MOST fans here on Hogville: Winning.

And spewing vitriol helps no one.

I like you, Not Shavin, but don't understand that you seem to not get this very basic fact.

The basic fact that attacking one another helps no one?  I understand that and agree. 

The_Hog_Father

Quote from: Notshavin on March 29, 2014, 05:26:02 pm
The basic fact that attacking one another helps no one?  I understand that and agree.

Copy that... and I hope you are having a great Weekend. I miss Arkansas.

Cheers.  :razorback:

Quote from: The_Hog_Father on March 29, 2014, 05:47:20 pm
Copy that... and I hope you are having a great Weekend. I miss Arkansas.

Cheers.  :razorback:

You too bro

Richard_white

After reading this thread Michael Moore is right about one thing, facts are subjective.