Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

"The Recruit" starring Michael Smith coming soon!

Started by Ugly Uncle, March 19, 2014, 01:57:32 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Ugly Uncle

Josh Irwin and Michael Smith to make faith based film with actor Kevin Sorbo

Josh Irwin (Mike's son) and Michael Smith are working to produce a faith based film with a sports theme to tackle some of the issues in modern college athletics. It's called "The Recruit", and you can check out all the info on the project here:

http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/the-recruit-a-christian-themed-feature-film/x/6597719

By the way, I have a small cameo in the movie.  :)
Retired Radio Host

Joshua Michael Irwin

Thanks for posting Ched!

This will be a locally made film that will benefit our economy, with the profits going to benefit local non profit organizations.

It will also make an important commentary on the state of College athletics in our society. I would encourage everyone to visit our site in the link above and help us find a way to make this film a reality.

Fatmanhog

to nutt or not to nutt, thats not even a question any more.

POST 1475 OF I JUST STEVEN HILL...
Quote from: alohawg on October 26, 2009, 03:44:04 PM
I think his comes naturally, hermaphrodite??? A new nickname maybe, 'the mighty hermaphrodity'

The Hermaphronutt

Ugly Uncle

This is an important project with local talent involved.  I know there will be extra's needed as well...so please, everyone get involved.
Retired Radio Host

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Jack The BN

I am going to be the Key Grip for the project? Right?  8)
I am fully cooperating with this investigation and looking forward to clearing my name

gmarv

in these days we can,t have to many christian based movies.
good to see .

Jackrabbit Hog

Ched, please memorize your line and don't screw it up.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

pigture perfect

The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

urkillnmesmalls

I've never wanted a Hog coach to be successful more than I do for Pittman.  He's one of the good guys.

FaytownHog

Quote from: pigture perfect on March 19, 2014, 06:08:34 pm
Ched's best stuff is improv.
Ched's best work is just photobombing anything he possibly can. lol

Ugly Uncle

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on March 19, 2014, 05:47:59 pm
Ched, please memorize your line and don't screw it up.
Quote from: pigture perfect on March 19, 2014, 06:08:34 pm
Ched's best stuff is improv.
Quote from: urkillnmesmalls on March 24, 2014, 07:32:39 pm
You mean there are parts that aren't?   :P ;)

I don't want to give anything away, but I think I might be taking a punch from Michael in the movie...No need to rehearse that.  LOL. 
Retired Radio Host

grim_sleeper

faith based?   I hope it isn't going to suggest any garbage like god helping players to succeed or helping teams to win.  There are far too many logical fallacies in that to begin to post here.  Let's just say that players, like Tim Tebow, who thank god when they win need to have their helmets shoved up their butts.

Dr. Starcs

^^^^

You don't have to worry. It's probably not about 'g'od.

FaytownHog

Quote from: grim_sleeper on March 26, 2014, 07:05:10 pm
faith based?   I hope it isn't going to suggest any garbage like god helping players to succeed or helping teams to win.  There are far too many logical fallacies in that to begin to post here.  Let's just say that players, like Tim Tebow, who thank god when they win need to have their helmets shoved up their butts.
Nope. Click the link and you can watch a teaser trailer that will show you what it's about.

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: Ched "UglyUncle" Carpenter on March 25, 2014, 09:44:38 pm
I don't want to give anything away, but I think I might be taking a punch from Michael in the movie...No need to rehearse that.  LOL.

Point of clarification.  "Taking" a punch implies that you're going to have the wherewithall to get up and do something about it. 

"Getting punched" would leave the result vague.   

I don't know how good your jaw is Ched, but I for one wouldn't want to get punched by MS, and I wouldn't want to find out if I could take it or not.   :) 
I've never wanted a Hog coach to be successful more than I do for Pittman.  He's one of the good guys.

Joshua Michael Irwin

It has nothing to do with anything like that. It's more about learning how to make better off the field choices.

RoyInSpringdale/MizzouFan

I am a little surprised at some of the comments. I remember in my youth, Fellowship of Christian Athletes, was a very positive organization. Besides the charity work, it was a good out reach program to connect players with fans. It also was a way to keep some players living in a rough environment from having idle time to run the streets at night and get into trouble.

BPsTheMan

you mean a fallacy like some microscopic pre-big-bang clump of something-or-other all the sudden pops into existence out of nothing, and then it blows up, and here we are?

Jack The BN

Quote from: earshot on April 03, 2014, 02:11:34 pm

That's the beauty of America. If you don't like the subject. You're free not to watch the film. I won't hold it against you. If you like what we are doing, just follow the link and see if there is a way you can help us out. Thanks for the comments everyone.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/the-recruit-a-christian-themed-feature-film
I am fully cooperating with this investigation and looking forward to clearing my name

dandd TD