Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Spring practice report: March 18, 2014 UPDATED

Started by Ugly Uncle, March 18, 2014, 06:20:42 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

I didn't read all 4 pages of this either but I seriously want to know if there has been any clues dropped as to who the 2 or 3 stud silent recruits are that will surely soon be coming onboard as we always predict and get them annually  and also how the polling is coming along about this being the BEST STAFF EVER at Arkansas.

And there is another thread on here stating that we may be really surprised at the increase in passing this season cause we'll have an absolute stud O-line, Brandon will be healthy, we have brought in some real WRs, the plays and schemes will be simpler and we will open up the play book, you know, as we do every year with every coaching staff.  That durn playbook must be turned totally inside out by now.

Prestworthy

Quote from: Oklahawg on March 19, 2014, 12:07:54 pm
To suggest that BAllen was in a position to excel in 2013 implies that he had stellar training in 2012 from SMILE. He was left to rot on the bench in 2012, unless Tyler was readjusting his helmet in some Daffy Duck-esque exercise in the locker room.

If a 1st time starter is expected to be an elite QB in the SEC what does that tell you about the team? The rest of the team has elite talent ready-to-go. The QB is probably a sandlot scrambler, allowing UA to work on the same dozen plays ala Auburn and A&M. Hey, it worked for them, and what so many want from UA is to be Aubbie lite.

What real astute fans are wanting is the build up a system and for the players to gain experience in that system.

What is BAllen's max potential as a QB? If he is dropped on to Bama's 2013 roster as starting QB would he have led them to the Sugar Bowl? If that is a remotely reasonable "what if" then the issue isn't with BAllen.

Regarding WRs, I sat dumbfounded at SR WRs running bad routes and giving up on plays that resulted in TOs. Hatcher + Wilson + Cowan + Newbies is far better than what we had last year.
Not elite, just not the worst SEC QB.

Mulberry Squeezins

Quote from: 12247 on March 19, 2014, 10:10:18 pm
I didn't read all 4 pages of this either but I seriously want to know if there has been any clues dropped as to who the 2 or 3 stud silent recruits are that will surely soon be coming onboard as we always predict and get them annually  and also how the polling is coming along about this being the BEST STAFF EVER at Arkansas.

And there is another thread on here stating that we may be really surprised at the increase in passing this season cause we'll have an absolute stud O-line, Brandon will be healthy, we have brought in some real WRs, the plays and schemes will be simpler and we will open up the play book, you know, as we do every year with every coaching staff.  That durn playbook must be turned totally inside out by now.

That's the spirit

Theolesnort

There's Nuttin in the world worth a solitary dime cept Old dogs and children and watermelon wine.

870hogfan

Quote from: 12247 on March 19, 2014, 10:10:18 pm

Your crap is annoying all you do is gripe and always negative....

immahog

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on March 19, 2014, 06:49:33 am
Whatever. If someone beats out Brandon Allen, then Arkansas will really be in good shape. It is going to take a great performance to beat out BA.

And please, some of you need to stop pretending that you understand what you see when you watch football. You don't. You just watch, and you have emotional reactions, and you pretend that your feelings are knowledge, and they're just frustration.

hey nail ...meet Hammer  +1
No lions No tigers No bears.....ImmaHog

three hog night

Quote from: swinesation on March 19, 2014, 07:13:01 pm
OK, I haven't read through the whole thread, but am I going to be the only one to comment that I wasn't looking at Charpentier during that interview? Yowza!

That girl is hot, she is some model
Petrino left a mess and Bielema is trying to fill in the talent gaps.  Anderson finally has some talent to work with.  He needs more at select positions and that will come in the next recruiting class. 
Posters that think they are Jim Rhome are ruining message boards.

hogville38

Quote from: dazerback on March 18, 2014, 10:34:36 pm
bold statement or not....everybody should feel uneasy if he is our guy!!
^^^^ this. He has a lot to prove. I like Brandon and hope he succeeds but he needs to be night and day from last year. If he doesn't come out strong CBB is going to get a lot of pressure to make a change. I just feel like Brandon is on the hot seat imho. Once again, great kid and I hope he does well.

Steef

Quote from: three hog night on March 20, 2014, 07:27:34 am
That girl is hot, she is some model

It was kinda funny that he wouldn't look at her.

three hog night

Quote from: steefhog on March 20, 2014, 07:55:13 am
It was kinda funny that he wouldn't look at her.

She is really sharp and intelligent too   ;D
Petrino left a mess and Bielema is trying to fill in the talent gaps.  Anderson finally has some talent to work with.  He needs more at select positions and that will come in the next recruiting class. 

razorbackkid

I hope BA plays great and serves crow at the end of the year.

We need him to do so. 

Go Hogs!

:razorback:
I would rather live as if there is a God and find out there isn't, than to live as if there isn't and find out there is.

lumphog

DoctorSusscrofa

If we're uneasy about using a QB that looks good in practice, what's our other option. "Hey, let's play the guy that doesn't look as good in practice instead!"  That's supposed to make us feel confident?  BA wasn't too good last year, but he's a year older and a year wiser.  I'm ready to let him see what he can do with it.  And even if Austin isn't getting as many reps, he is also a year older and a year wiser.  Like it or not, in 2014 those two are our most likely top two - at least until they prove otherwise.  We might as well be optimistic and believe they'll show improvement.  If ANY of the other guys is really good enough to be the next sophomore or freshman to win the Heisman it won't really take many reps to start showing it.  And if BA or AA is going to be the starter, then I don't feel too bad about getting them plenty of reps now.
Fan of Razorback Football, Baseball, Track, Gymnastics, Softball - M Barton

Hawg_Thai'd

Quote from: razorbackid on March 20, 2014, 08:55:30 am
I hope BA plays great and serves crow at the end of the year.

We need him to do so. 

Go Hogs!

:razorback:

This X10! I'm not talking Heisman, but I hope BA has a breakout season and redeems himself.
I'm a helluva guy. One of the best, in fact.

three hog night

BA stats that show some of you are just wrong

ULL
Arkansas   C/ATT   YDS   AVG   TD   INT
Allen           15/22   230   10.5   3   0

Samford  (We ran for 333 yards)
Arkansas   C/ATT   YDS   AVG   TD   INT
Allen            9/17   125   7.4     2   0

So Miss
Injured in first quarter

Did he play bad against ULL and Samford?  The stats don't say so.

Did he improve over the season?  Yes and it paralleled the healing of his shoulder.

After he returned from a game off against Rutgers, he had the following completion percentages:
47%
41%
33%
28%
45%

Then he started getting better after the open dates to finish with the following completion percentages:
Ole Miss   56%
Misstake   59%
LSU          65%

Do you see a trend here?   

PonderinHog