Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

No player/coach interviews from today?

Started by HogInFlorida, March 17, 2014, 07:34:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HogInFlorida

Wasn't the media allowed access after practice was over today?
Quote from: Mike Irwin on June 12, 2013, 09:18:52 pm
I'd rather be hit over the head with a brick than have to revisit the memories of those seven awful months with coach "Smile" in charge.

Soooie21

Not for the first 2 workouts, I believe..

Danny J

Potosihog

If we start winning this will be a minor issue.  If we don't, very soon,  it will add fuel to the fire.  Bobby lost his job because he didn't have enough protection built up by playing nice with the powers that be.  If CBB  doesn't start giving the local media more access he will not have anyone to buffer the criticism.  I think he will turn this program around and I am willing to be patient for a few years to see it happen.  But I am really shocked after all the neg pub he has gotten lately that he is not trying to score all the points he can with the media.  Of course he may be following the advice from hogville that said "shut up until you win".

Wants2Win

Quote from: Potosihog on March 17, 2014, 10:09:26 pm
If we start winning this will be a minor issue.  If we don't, very soon,  it will add fuel to the fire.  Bobby lost his job because he didn't have enough protection built up by playing nice with the powers that be.  If CBB  doesn't start giving the local media more access he will not have anyone to buffer the criticism.  I think he will turn this program around and I am willing to be patient for a few years to see it happen.  But I am really shocked after all the neg pub he has gotten lately that he is not trying to score all the points he can with the media.  Of course he may be following the advice from hogville that said "shut up until you win".
I see this as a good thing. don't want to be exactly like Nutt.

Danny J

If we start winning this will be a minor issue.  If we don't, very soon,  it will add fuel to the fire.
I think you are right.

870hogfan

Fans already gripping?  My gosh let the man coach...

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: 870hogfan on March 18, 2014, 01:07:19 am

He won exactly 0 SEC games last year. Fans are going to gripe. Fans who drop 500+ of hard earned money every week to watch the hogs have a right to gripe when a team wins exactly 0 SEC games. And it wont change until Bret starts winning.

To me if you dont have concerns than perhaps weekends would be better spent going to tee ball games or flag football games where there is no score kept and maybe seeing if you can get a juice box and a granola bar at the end of the "game"

PRJ

Ugly Uncle

Unless I'm mistaken Tuesday is the first time that media will be allowed in.  I'll be right on top of it and reporting it here as quickly as possible.
Retired Radio Host

hogville38

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on March 18, 2014, 01:20:48 am
He won exactly 0 SEC games last year. Fans are going to gripe. Fans who drop 500+ of hard earned money every week to watch the hogs have a right to gripe when a team wins exactly 0 SEC games. And it wont change until Bret starts winning.

To me if you dont have concerns than perhaps weekends would be better spent going to tee ball games or flag football games where there is no score kept and maybe seeing if you can get a juice box and a granola bar at the end of the "game"

PRJ
Guess you're one of those fans. :)

SquidBilly

It is just the first two practices that are completely closed.  So what?  I hope they are using the first two practices to set a very intense tone for the rest of spring ball.

870hogfan

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on March 18, 2014, 01:20:48 am

PRJ

You're being an tool about it and it's just the first 2 practices that are closed....

Steef

Until the ship is righted, complainers are gonna complain. About something.

It's kind of funny. There are people who find fault with almost every word Coach utters. Then find fault when he doesn't utter.

He's coaching. Hogs are on the field, learning. This is a good thing.

Besides, what's he gonna say? "Player x did great today! Player y needs work. Player z was suspended for missing class."

There literally is nothing new right now, for him to say.

code red

It will alternate 2 closed 2 open throughout the spring.  I don't think closing practices is anything out of the ordinary....and Bobby was his own worst enemy.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: 870hogfan on March 18, 2014, 01:07:19 am

Exactly! In the immortal words of Iverson: "We talking bout practice!"
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: steefhog on March 18, 2014, 07:52:44 am
It's kind of funny. There are people who find fault with almost every word Coach utters. Then find fault when he doesn't utter.

Not only funny but ironic as hell.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

ricepig

They're in freaking shorts, doesn't matter.........

ricepig

And besides, every year, someone in our media says, "the defense will be improved this season," let's wait until August to hear this.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: ricepig on March 20, 2014, 11:31:57 am
And besides, every year, someone in our media says, "the defense will be a lot improved this season," let's wait until August to hear this.

Let's wait till halfway through the season this fall to see if it's true! At this point we can only hope.

PorkRinds

Quote from: ricepig on March 20, 2014, 11:31:57 am
And besides, every year, someone in our media says, "the defense will be improved this season," let's wait until August to hear this.
God help us if the defense isn't improved this season.  How could we be worse?

rude1

Quote from: steefhog on March 18, 2014, 07:52:44 am
Until the ship is righted, complainers are gonna complain. About something.

He's coaching. Hogs are on the field, learning. This is a good thing.

Besides, what's he gonna say? "Player x did great today! Player y needs work. Player z was suspended for missing class."

There literally is nothing new right now, for him to say.
Absolutely right, those closed practices last year really had our guys dialled in and prepared for a tough season.

All these closed practices from every program are nothing more than paranoid coaches who are afraid they might lose an advantage if they don't do as everyone else is doing.

Clearly there is no evidence that shows this to be any more effective in preparing a team than the days of open practices. The teams with the most talent are doing the most winning now as they were then.