Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

When will Bielema win his first SEC game?

Started by VT HOG, March 17, 2014, 03:31:09 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

code red

Quote from: BBsTheMan on March 17, 2014, 03:47:16 pm
How many times, would you guess, someone has said "bank on it" on here and turned out wrong?
I know.  We aren't beating Auburn.  It just will not happen.  Gus will crank the crap outta that offense and in the heat of a Saturday night our defense will wilt.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

lumphog

Quote from: locusbug on March 18, 2014, 07:41:20 am
Led while they have recruited some good athletes I am not ready to crown them king - yet. Their defense was terrible last year and their offense was the only thing helping them win. Their athletes are just like ours - until they prove it on the field I am giving them nothing. Can their new guys step up - can ours? Only Bama and LSU have proven they can consistently stay at the top.

Playing in Dallas, our bad record last year, and their good record last year could prime them for being knocked off.

It is Spring 2014 where every fan has hope. Well maybe not for some of you realists. But according to some, not you, I am a mouth breather who knows nothing.  :D
HAIL  to the mouthbreathers!!!! WPS!!! That is all

SPAL

Quote from: BBsTheMan on March 17, 2014, 03:47:16 pm
How many times, would you guess, someone has said "bank on it" on here and turned out wrong?

10-12 I would guess.

SPAL

Would be epic if Arkansas started the Auburn game on defense and the second team defense took the field and after the first play, The entire defense goes down with an injury and the 1st team defense comes on.

chitwnhog

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on March 18, 2014, 12:10:39 pm
10-12 I would guess.

10-12....becoming a classic Like "I Steven Hill" and "I scare"

jabohog

Quote from: steefhog on March 18, 2014, 07:48:44 am
TAMU's recruiting is through the roof.  'Led' is correct. The paradigm has shifted.

Indeed, with the exception of Vandy, every SEC team is progressing. And most of them have a head start.

No more gimmees.
Except for Vandy? WTH? Vandy has had top recuriting classes under Franklin and last year won more games than ever in the history of their program, plus went to a bowl and won that.
As for A&M, I don't know about through the roof, but they have had great recruiting way before they came to the SEC. A&Ms difference is leadership and coaching. Luke Joeckle was recruited by Petrino and will probably be the starter for the aggies, and from what I saw did well in Manziels absence.

acey33

code red

Quote from: The_Iceman on March 17, 2014, 04:14:46 pm
Nobody thinks a&m?

No Manziel....No Evans....
Nope...that defense will improve and I wouldn't be surprised if that offense may not be better under a new Q.  I would expect more discipline and execution.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

Tequilin' Time

aTm,  hoping for Aub, but feel strongly about  aTm.

Its a gut feeling,  don't question it.   

jacobp

Quote from: VT HOG on March 18, 2014, 12:52:00 pm
Why does me calling him Bert upset you so much? That's what the national media calls him. The name fits.
Because it is petty, classless, and makes you look like a douchebag??

Dropkick

I predict he will win his first SEC game before Mike A wins an SEC tourney game.

chitwnhog

Quote from: jacobp on March 18, 2014, 01:23:28 pm

Well said...well said.

ChitownHawg

Quote from: jacobp on March 18, 2014, 01:23:28 pm

I would also like to see the examples of the national media calling him this as I have not heard them. I googled it Bert and nothing came up except a person on Twitter.

Just another troll spreading crap without proof to back it up.
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

ChitownHawg

Quote from: VT HOG on March 18, 2014, 04:30:33 pm
I know it was in a story written by a bcs writer a month ago, there's even a hash tag #Bert.  Use google better

Your snide little remarks about use google better just make you look pathetic. Now death certificates is not proof the national media calls him Bert. One reporter calling, which you provide no proof of, does not warrant the use of a broad term like "national media". When you use national media you need to have multiple uses by different national media.

Use logic better.  ;D
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

chitwnhog

Quote from: locusbug on March 18, 2014, 04:35:25 pm
Your snide little remarks about use google better just make you look pathetic. Now death certificates is not proof the national media calls him Bert. One reporter calling, which you provide no proof of, does not warrant the use of a broad term like "national media". When you use national media you need to have multiple uses by different national media.

Use logic better.  ;D

Use logic better? Not possible...you will get 3-9, 0-9, Bert This n Bert that.

ChitownHawg

Quote from: chitwnhog on March 18, 2014, 04:47:04 pm
Use logic better? Not possible...you will get 3-9, 0-9, Bert This n Bert that.

He does seem to enjoy spitting into the wind.  ;D

DoctorSusscrofa

If there's a #hashtag for it, then it must be perfectly legit. You don't wanna be on the wrong side of something that has a #hashtag because the international hashtag monitoring and legitimization society is a well respected and highly o-fficial organization.
Fan of Razorback Football, Baseball, Track, Gymnastics, Softball - M Barton

opineonswine

Quote from: locusbug on March 18, 2014, 04:03:47 pm
I would also like to see the examples of the national media calling him this as I have not heard them. I googled it Bert and nothing came up except a person on Twitter.

Just another troll spreading crap without proof to back it up.

VD Hog's real identity is Justin Bieber.  That should explain a lot.

ChitownHawg

OTTER

Quote from: opineonswine on March 18, 2014, 06:34:55 pm
VD Hog's real identity is Justin Bieber.  That should explain a lot.
Naw, he's got much less class than the Bieber!
BE AFRAID!!  Be very, very afraid!  The Hogs are hungry and you look a lot like lunch!

kkbrody

So for everyone bashing VT hog right now, where were you when previous evil posters referred to our previous head coaches by other than their real name?

And what has CBB done to earn this respect from you all? And before you say the cupboard was bare, can anyone really say that coaching did not cost us some games? Will you still defend him as fiercely if we go 0 for the conference again?

As for the topic, I would hope we win a couple. But realistically, I could see another 0 for the conference. If that happens, Bert it is.

ChitownHawg

Quote from: kkbrody on March 18, 2014, 08:55:57 pm
So for everyone bashing VT hog right now, where were you when previous evil posters referred to our previous head coaches by other than their real name?

And what has CBB done to earn this respect from you all? And before you say the cupboard was bare, can anyone really say that coaching did not cost us some games? Will you still defend him as fiercely if we go 0 for the conference again?

As for the topic, I would hope we win a couple. But realistically, I could see another 0 for the conference. If that happens, Bert it is.

Not sure where you have been, but people have been complaining about the use of Bert for a while. Also many of the so called haters have been told to cool it. Which if a hater cannot hate then they move on.  Notice how football is actually being discussed? And look closely as there are disagreements - just discussing in a more respectful manner.

For your question about what has CBB done to earn our respect? I would reverse that and say what has he done to earn disrespect? Having a losing first season is reason not to be happy with him, but being disrespectful - I don't think so.

VT HOG

OldCoot

Interesting that Bert was dining with the head coach of Indiana State last night.  Bruce Pearl he's not.  What a way to give some pep to the basketball team.

TNRazorbacker

Still no QB, Still no defense, no reason to think we'll win any more this year than last.

However, being the homer I am, I say we pull off one. No idea who.

DoctorSusscrofa

Quote from: kkbrody on March 18, 2014, 08:55:57 pm

Someone with less than 70 posts wants to know where we were when people called previous coaches by other names? Interesting...

ChitownHawg

Quote from: Dude on March 18, 2014, 10:00:16 pm
Interesting that Bert was dining with the head coach of Indiana State last night.  Bruce Pearl he's not.  What a way to give some pep to the basketball team.

Heaven forbid a guy has dinner with a long time friend. Some of you guys hate for CBB is so petty it makes me wonder if you have any friends as I sure couldn't stomach your constant moaning.  :puke:

RNHog

Idiot. Friends can't be friends?

LZH

three hog night

Are you serious?   I hope that your just joking.   Did you know they are friends from when they were at Iowa together?
Petrino left a mess and Bielema is trying to fill in the talent gaps.  Anderson finally has some talent to work with.  He needs more at select positions and that will come in the next recruiting class. 
Posters that think they are Jim Rhome are ruining message boards.

kkbrody

Quote from: DoctorSusscrofa on March 19, 2014, 12:53:47 am
Someone with less than 70 posts wants to know where we were when people called previous coaches by other names? Interesting...

And when did you register for hogville? Interesting.......

kkbrody

Quote from: locusbug on March 18, 2014, 09:07:02 pm
Not sure where you have been, but people have been complaining about the use of Bert for a while. Also many of the so called haters have been told to cool it. Which if a hater cannot hate then they move on.  Notice how football is actually being discussed? And look closely as there are disagreements - just discussing in a more respectful manner.

For your question about what has CBB done to earn our respect? I would reverse that and say what has he done to earn disrespect? Having a losing first season is reason not to be happy with him, but being disrespectful - I don't think so.

I have no problem discussing. Right now, I don't see anything he has done to earn respect. Suspect play calling, questionable personnel decisions, poor choice of words when trying to back an already unpopular rule change, are among the things he has done to not earn any respect to this point. I really plan on forming my opinion on him during this season. I just want a reason to have some hope, last reason was pretty close to hopeless.

The_Bionic_Pig

Too many Gussies offering opinion in this thread...
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

DLUXHOG

Your arses will come apart if he wins ALL SEC games........
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: DLUXHOG on March 19, 2014, 06:32:18 pm

Everyone would be happy, but I am not going to get my hopes up on that.
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

razorbackkid

I would rather live as if there is a God and find out there isn't, than to live as if there isn't and find out there is.

Silver Hog

Quote from: DLUXHOG on March 19, 2014, 06:32:18 pm
That'll never happen. Never has, never will. Not in this league.

DoctorSusscrofa

Quote from: kkbrody on March 19, 2014, 06:22:47 pm
I have no problem discussing. Right now, I don't see anything he has done to earn respect. Suspect play calling, questionable personnel decisions, poor choice of words when trying to back an already unpopular rule change, are among the things he has done to not earn any respect to this point. I really plan on forming my opinion on him during this season. I just want a reason to have some hope, last reason was pretty close to hopeless.

You "plan" on forming your opinion after you've trashed him? That makes a lot of sense.  Why can't people just be honest and say they've already decided to condemn him and aren't interested in giving him a chance?  I can respect but disagree with someone mature enough to say, "I hate him and I'm out to trash him every chance I get."  But these people who trash him while saying, "I'm going to make up my mind about him soon," are just laughable. 

Hogfan1660

We will beat A&M in Arlington thus year! 90% of their offense is gone now and we will be a lot more balanced and physical this year! I think that we will give Auburn a tight game but not sure if we will pull off the upset.

LZH

Quote from: Hogfan1660 on March 20, 2014, 08:29:57 pm
We will beat A&M in Arlington thus year! 90% of their offense is gone now and we will be a lot more balanced and physical this year! I think that we will give Auburn a tight game but not sure if we will pull off the upset.

Don't forget your homework and to brush your teeth, sweetie...............

Hogman2

kkbrody

Quote from: DoctorSusscrofa on March 20, 2014, 08:27:04 pm
You "plan" on forming your opinion after you've trashed him? That makes a lot of sense.  Why can't people just be honest and say they've already decided to condemn him and aren't interested in giving him a chance?  I can respect but disagree with someone mature enough to say, "I hate him and I'm out to trash him every chance I get."  But these people who trash him while saying, "I'm going to make up my mind about him soon," are just laughable. 

Laughable like people who do not agree with your opinion being immature. Would you mind showing me where I "trashed"CBB? I also find it laughable that I have tried to have a mature chat with you and yet we have this. Why don't you respond to my earlier question and explain what CBB has done to earn your respect.

1highhog

Quote from: VT HOG on March 17, 2014, 03:31:09 pm
When will he end his losing steak of eight in a row and get his first SEC win?

@Auburn
Texas A&M -- in Dallas
Alabama
Georgia
@Mississippi State
LSU
Ole Miss
@Missouri

Or will he have to wait until 2015 or later?

I'm thinking Ole Miss at home or wait until next year.

Auburn, book it!

TxArky

I don't see it being this coming season.  BB has to quit whining first.  When the coach whines and makes excuses, his team ends up being soft and quitting in games.  If I had to pick a game this coming season, it would be Mississippi State.  This will probably be Mullen's last year there.  If the game was on the Hill instead of there, I would pencil that in as Bielema's first SEC win. 

870hogfan

Quote from: TxArky on March 21, 2014, 05:05:52 pm
I don't see it being this coming season.  BB has to quit whining first.  When the coach whines and makes excuses, his team ends up being soft and quitting in games.  If I had to pick a game this coming season, it would be Mississippi State.  This will probably be Mullen's last year there.  If the game was on the Hill instead of there, I would pencil that in as Bielema's first SEC win.

You are wrong.

Justagp

Quote from: LedZepHog on March 18, 2014, 07:51:23 am

As for the mouth-breather thingy......get in as poor physical condition as I've let myself get in, and you'll be mouth-breathing in no time.  ;)

Hope you're okay LedZep, don't make me worry about you.

hogcard1964

Quote from: Hogfan1660 on March 20, 2014, 08:29:57 pm

Didn't Auburn lose a lot of talent?

Hogfan1660

I believe they do. My only concern is that they have had a lot better recruiting classes the past several years than we have and it's a road game. This will be the first true game for our "New" coaching staff to call together so who knows what to expect out of that? Maybe we will be pleasantly surprised???

DLUXHOG

Quote from: Silver Hog on March 20, 2014, 01:54:41 pm
That'll never happen. Never has, never will. Not in this league.

Guess you're agreeing with me if it happens....   Always Remember..... Anything is possible....
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)