Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

5 Questions as the Hogs open Spring Practices

Started by WizardofhOgZ, March 17, 2014, 08:45:23 am

Previous topic - Next topic

WizardofhOgZ

http:// [[[Stop spamming your site, Eric.]]] .com/sports/five-questions-arkansas-kicks-spring-practice

DeltaBoy

All valid points we will have to wait and see.   Opening with the Cow School will tell us a lot.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

three hog night

My 5 Questions
1)  Safety
2)  Linebacker
3)  WR
4)  Oline
5)  QB

You have to have the WR and Oline to be able to judge the QB.
Petrino left a mess and Bielema is trying to fill in the talent gaps.  Anderson finally has some talent to work with.  He needs more at select positions and that will come in the next recruiting class. 
Posters that think they are Jim Rhome are ruining message boards.

Arkfan

Longest losing streak ever.

Ive got a lot more than 5 things Im wondering about.

LZH

"What are you going to do different to change the math?" Bielema said. "What are you going to do in your personal life? What are you going to do away from the game? Because if we do the same thing all over again, we'll have the same results."

When he stays on topic (ie, his team and not twitter morons or HUNH offenses and sickle cell anemia), I like what he has to say.

Stick to what you do best man, coach and teach............

870hogfan

Quote from: LedZepHog on March 18, 2014, 06:42:49 am
"What are you going to do different to change the math?" Bielema said. "What are you going to do in your personal life? What are you going to do away from the game? Because if we do the same thing all over again, we'll have the same results."

When he stays on topic (ie, his team and not twitter morons or HUNH offenses and sickle cell anemia), I like what he has to say.

Stick to what you do best man, coach and teach............

Dude he doesn't even get on Twitter anymore other than to tell the fans about upcoming events..

LZH

Quote from: 870hogfan on March 18, 2014, 07:49:39 am

Dude he doesn't even get on Twitter anymore other than to tell the fans about upcoming events..

Then that's an improvement, isn't it?

870hogfan

LZH

Quote from: 870hogfan on March 18, 2014, 08:11:29 am

Haha yep.  :)

I am sooo getting along with the pro-BB crowd this morning!................guess it's about time to stir some * up!   :P

bigbadhog

Quote from: LedZepHog on March 18, 2014, 08:37:22 am
I am sooo getting along with the pro-BB crowd this morning!................guess it's about time to stir some * up!   :P

traitor :)
Thanks for the WINS Coach Petrino!

ChitownHawg

Quote from: Arkfan on March 18, 2014, 06:15:10 am
Longest losing streak ever.

Ive got a lot more than 5 things Im wondering about.

We're talking football, so get you mind out of the gutter!  ;)
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

ChitownHawg

Quote from: LedZepHog on March 18, 2014, 08:37:22 am

I told you hanging the Rick Springfield poster on your wall would corrupt your thinking!  ;)
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: LedZepHog on March 18, 2014, 06:42:49 am

He has been quoted similarly several times, and everybody lets it slide. HI had this quote:

"We played good football against Auburn and we let those last two slip away," Bielema said. "I was upset to lose those games as everyone. But, it might have been a blessing. I think it helped our players realize that to change the math, they had to change. They had to do better with their grades, better in late-night choices and better in their workouts. That's how you change the math."

What does he mean, math? I suppose he means the probability of success. Or he might be referring to compounded returns. Examples: If you keep up with your studies, you build knowledge faster, and each additional hour of study time is easier/more valuable. If you're in an offseason workout program, eating right, resting right, and staying away from drugs/alcohol = you improve your body faster, having less bad stuff to overcome + building on a better base.

It's really hard for kids to understand where they will end up, if they continue bad habits into adulthood. They can't even see the near future very well. I like the idea that our football coaches are teaching players how much they lose when they aren't committed to being the best. It's daunting, though, to think of how much things slipped while SMILE was asleep at the wheel.
[CENSORED]!

Theolesnort

By math he was talking about being on the wrong side of a say 35 - 33 score or better yet as a motivation 56 - 0. Or a 9 game losing streak.
There's Nuttin in the world worth a solitary dime cept Old dogs and children and watermelon wine.

Theolesnort

Biggus the most encouraging thing I take from last season was the feed back from the LSU staff. They told some of our coaches they were shocked by the physicality of the Ark team. Something they did not expect from a team on a 8 game losing streak. Well at least it is a place to start.
There's Nuttin in the world worth a solitary dime cept Old dogs and children and watermelon wine.