Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Austin Cantrell is a HOG

Started by HogWildBison2011, March 16, 2014, 07:18:47 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

RazorPiggie

My brother in law is his position coach at Roland.

nwahogfan1

Quote from: RazorPiggie            (Matt D) on March 16, 2014, 09:47:51 pm
My brother in law is his position coach at Roland.

Does he want to make sure and talk it over with the family?  Or   Is he waiting for a OU offer?   

OnTheHillHogFan

Maybe we told him to wait since we do have offers out to several other TE's and DE's already.
Quote from: JaketheSnake on November 07, 2012, 10:28:17 am
Shoot the Obama deer... the ones that come for the free corn.
Quote from: ReddieHawg on November 06, 2013, 09:38:24 am
Do you happen to have any rapping skills? I think we could set you up with DJ Khaled and you could make a song entitled, "All I Do Is Bitch"

RazorPiggie

I have no idea. I really didn't get a chance to talk to him about it. He got a text that said the Hogs offered Cantrell and then he was chasing his 2 year old around trying to get out the door. I'll find more out as the spring progresses.

Seebs

Not sure what is in the milk these days but he looks 30 in his Rivals Pic. Looks like we are early on this one - good deal.
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

jjdlc

I have family who teaches there, said the kid is the real deal.  Said the kid is also talking to OU and OSU, among others, and is expecting offers from both.  Described Cantrell as a down to earth country boy with a good head on his shoulders.

Also said he felt like the kid would probably lean towards OSU if they offer. 

Soonerman12

Quote from: jjdlc on March 17, 2014, 08:20:57 am
I have family who teaches there, said the kid is the real deal.  Said the kid is also talking to OU and OSU, among others, and is expecting offers from both.  Described Cantrell as a down to earth country boy with a good head on his shoulders.

Also said he felt like the kid would probably lean towards OSU if they offer.

This is what I hear, as well. Arkansas and OSU are his favorites. He's not keen on OU because of the large metro area. Would be a great get for the hogs. Kid has massive upside. Kudos to BB, and company, for getting on him so early.

Prestworthy

Quote from: Soonerman12 on March 17, 2014, 09:42:57 am
This is what I hear, as well. Arkansas and OSU are his favorites. He's not keen on OU because of the large metro area. Would be a great get for the hogs. Kid has massive upside. Kudos to BB, and company, for getting on him so early.
For those that don't know, Roland is a 10 minute drive to the Arkansas border.  I live in Fort Smith and know a lot of Arkansas fans that live just over the state line in Oklahoma, so I wouldn't be surprised if he grew up following the hogs.

Also, it looks like CBB may be looking for his next JJ Watt.

RazorPiggie

Quote from: Prestworthy on March 17, 2014, 09:52:45 am
For those that don't know, Roland is a 10 minute drive to the Arkansas border.  I live in Fort Smith and know a lot of Arkansas fans that live just over the state line in Oklahoma, so I wouldn't be surprised if he grew up following the hogs.

Also, it looks like CBB may be looking for his next JJ Watt.

I think we are recruiting him as a TE.

Hogtimes

Credit BB and the staff for finding this guy.   He is not rated in the Oklahoma top 30.  Could be a real good sleeper

Prestworthy

ricepig

Quote from: Prestworthy on March 17, 2014, 10:36:35 am
How many TEs will fit on a team??
We only have 3 healthy scholarship TE's for spring practice.

Pork Twain

"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: ricepig on March 17, 2014, 10:40:10 am
We only have 3 healthy scholarship TE's for spring practice.
And a 4th I believe currently recovering from ACL (?) surgery.

jjdlc

Quote from: Prestworthy on March 17, 2014, 10:36:35 am
How many TEs will fit on a team??

Depending on the situation, in the system CBB likes to run, I would not be surprised to see more than 2 on the field at the same time, although not necessarily at the TE position.

whippersnapper

I love that they hand the ball off to him and let him run a little bit. That's a good sign for his athletic abilties

WayneHawg

Any other great news from the first day or spring practice ?

HogWildBison2011

Quote from: lewisfoxtrot on March 17, 2014, 02:22:20 pm
Any other great news from the first day or spring practice ?
I did hear that Jeremy Sprinkle has had the most productive winter training and offseason. And also that CBB is extremely excited to see what J Will does this year. Said he transformed his body and added about 10-15 more pounds. I'll see if I can post the link on here to that video.

The link provided is on the top of the MMQB Board.
**LINK**
http://www.nwahomepage.com/fulltextsports/d/story/hogs-spring-football-begins-behind-closed-doors/38501/gnFmUxqwdEWkZwZvpDitYQ

Hawg_Thai'd

I just read RD's article about him and saw where he ran a 4.58 40 time. I will admit that I don't know what TE's are expected to run, but to me that sounds pretty fast for a kid that is 6-3 1/2, 249. Is it considered fast or would that be average?
I'm a helluva guy. One of the best, in fact.

fortsmithokie

Quote from: Hawg_Thaid on March 19, 2014, 09:41:24 am
I just read RD's article about him and saw where he ran a 4.58 40 time. I will admit that I don't know what TE's are expected to run, but to me that sounds pretty fast for a kid that is 6-3 1/2, 249. Is it considered fast or would that be average?

Only one TE and one DE ran faster at the NFL combine. Not sure how accurate that time is.

Hawg_Thai'd

Quote from: fortsmithokie on March 19, 2014, 10:10:57 am
Only one TE and one DE ran faster at the NFL combine. Not sure how accurate that time is.

Ok, then, my suspicions were correct in that it did sound like blazing speed for a TE. By no means am I doubting that the time is accurate, but if he can block also....WOW! Sounds like a great player, but with him playing 3A in Oklahoma, what kind of competition is he facing?
I'm a helluva guy. One of the best, in fact.

OnTheHillHogFan

Quote from: fortsmithokie on March 19, 2014, 10:10:57 am
Its a handheld time so it would be around a 4.7 laser. Still a good time for a guy his size
Quote from: JaketheSnake on November 07, 2012, 10:28:17 am
Shoot the Obama deer... the ones that come for the free corn.
Quote from: ReddieHawg on November 06, 2013, 09:38:24 am
Do you happen to have any rapping skills? I think we could set you up with DJ Khaled and you could make a song entitled, "All I Do Is Bitch"

HogWildBison2011

March 20, 2014, 07:32:13 pm #23 Last Edit: March 23, 2014, 06:14:59 pm by HogWildBison2011
Posts combined, commitment post moved to the front. :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

Melorock089

WPS!!! Welcome!

That's two TE's for this class right?

Now the elephant in the room....what about Will Gragg?

Hawgzinbowlz

Welcome to The Hogs and Arkansas Mr. Austin Cantrell.

Good combination of size and speed.

Our coach's opinions are professional.

" GO HOGS "

poloprince

This could possibly mean no Gragg.
$PoLoPrInCe$

Blutoblutarsky

Have either OU or OSU offered yet?  Did he grow up a fan of either? 

redeye

Good to hear!

I wonder if he'll cause us to drop, at least temporarily, from our 10th spot perch in 247's team rankings?  I don't really care, because if he was offered this early, then he's probably on our A-list.  Richard also said the coaches really wanted him.  It's only about fun with rankings to me.

opineonswine

Quote from: poloprince on March 20, 2014, 07:40:39 pm

Or possibly mean nothing re: Gragg.

ricepig

No correlation, we will take a minimum of 3, possibly 4.

Big Daddy

redeye

I really doubt that.  Probably more like no Hale Hentges.  I am curious if they'll continue recruiting other TE's besides Gragg, though.

NLRHog92

Quote from: Big Daddy on March 20, 2014, 07:45:13 pm
I like him on defense myself.

Agreed. Think he could be effective as a converted TE to DE, a la JJ Watt.

ThisTeetsTaken

Scout lists him as a DE commit.
***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

scooby21322

It's hard to tell what exactly we're getting here.  Not much out there on him.

I'd have to say they'll take Gragg no matter how many other TE's have committed.  I'm curious to see how this affects O'Grady though. 

RxRazorback

They must really like him to take him right now. Probably just allows us to focus on O'Grady and Gragg to finish the TE spot.
W88 Pig S88ie!

HogWildBison2011

Quote from: ThisTeetsTaken on March 20, 2014, 07:49:18 pm
Scout lists him as a DE commit.
I believe from either Danny West or Richard Davenport stated he is being recruited as a TE

ricepig

Quote from: scooby21322 on March 20, 2014, 07:50:36 pm
It's hard to tell what exactly we're getting here.  Not much out there on him.

I'd have to say they'll take Gragg no matter how many other TE's have committed.  I'm curious to see how this affects O'Grady though. 

It won't effect him, we won't pull an offer to an in-state legacy.

870hogfan

Quote from: redeye on March 20, 2014, 07:45:24 pm
I really doubt that.  Probably more like no Hale Hentges.  I am curious if they'll continue recruiting other TE's besides Gragg, though.

Recruit O'Grady too.

870hogfan

redeye

Quote from: 870hogfan on March 20, 2014, 07:53:29 pm

Recruit O'Grady too.

Most definitely!

Quote from: RxRazorback on March 20, 2014, 07:52:33 pm
They must really like him to take him right now. Probably just allows us to focus on O'Grady and Gragg to finish the TE spot.

I agree.

Answering my question here and it won't affect our 247 rating at all, for the time being, anyway.

MH04

In my in no way expert opinion, I think that Cantrell is kind of a wait and see guy. His film doesn't show his catching ability, but it did highlight his blocking from the TE spot. I personally hope he is a DE based on his film. Also did anybody see the big red hog logo on his home field???

HOGINTENNESSEE

crabeyes

We really need 3 TEs this class. Hunter will be a junior and sprinkle a senior next season. Seems like no other TEs on scholarship next yr???

Dominicanhog

maybe they are not going to wait around on Arkansas kids who might bail to another school at the last minute when there are others they feel are just as good or better, according to their assessment.

If you want to be a Hog, get on board, if not they may move on with out you... Gragg has had an offer for 2 years and O' Grady for months.

The real Hogules

Quote from: crabeyes on March 20, 2014, 08:32:22 pm
We really need 3 TEs this class. Hunter will be a junior and sprinkle a senior next season. Seems like no other TEs on scholarship next yr???

I'm pretty sure that Hunter Henry will be a Soph. This Fall.
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

HogWildBison2011

Quote from: The real Hogules on March 20, 2014, 08:39:51 pm
Sprinkle was a part of the 2012 class and redshirted, Henry will be a soph.

MH04

Quote from: The real Hogules on March 20, 2014, 08:39:51 pm

I think he means that Hunter will be a junior when the 2015 class begins their freshman year.

Razorhawg09

OT could be a possibility. That's where Kraus will end up.