EAST

South Carolina
Missouri
Georgia
Florida
Tennessee
Kentucky
Vanderbilt
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

JansterZ71

Call me crazy but I think Miss state might win the west.  Alabama loses a lot off their defense and their offense won't be great with a bad QB.  Auburn, miss state and LSU for the west.  Yes that's going out on a limb and contrary to popular belief, but it's football and crazy things happen every year.
I believe that this is a practical world and that I can count only on what I earn. Therefore, I believe in work, hard work.
I believe in education, which gives me the knowledge to work wisely and trains my mind and my hands to work skillfully. I believe in honesty and truthfulness, without which I cannot win the respect and confidence of my fellow men. I believe in a sound mind, in a sound body and a spirit that is not afraid, and in clean sports that develop these qualities. I believe in obedience to law because it protects the rights of all. I believe in the human touch, which cultivates sympathy with my fellow men and mutual helpfulness and brings happiness for all. I believe in my Country, because it is a land of freedom and because it is my own home, and that I can best serve that country by "doing justly, loving mercy, and walking humbly with my God."

Jamie Jones

WEST

LSU
Arkansas
Alabama
Ole Miss
Auburn
aTm
MSU

EAST

Tennessee
Florida
USC
Georgia
Kentucky
Missouri
Vandy

I'm a Hog fan. I never chant S-E-C! I hate all the other members.

DallasHogFan

Why does everyone think Aggie is going to be so bad? I know they lose JM and Evans, but they have put together back to back stellar recruiting classes (and the early number 1 rank for 2015). They are stacked with talent, have a great coach, I hate it but they are going to be good for a long long time.
Let me tell you what Melba Toast is packin' right here, all right. We got 4:11 Positrac outback, 750 double pumper, Edelbrock intake, bored over 30, 11 to 1 pop-up pistons, turbo-jet 390 horsepower. We're talkin' some "Hogville Censored" muscle. -Wooderson

GlassofSwine

Quote from: JansterZ71 on March 16, 2014, 02:49:33 pm
Call me crazy but I think Miss state might win the west.  Alabama loses a lot off their defense and their offense won't be great with a bad QB.  Auburn, miss state and LSU for the west.  Yes that's going out on a limb and contrary to popular belief, but it's football and crazy things happen every year.

I think Ole Miss will be very solid next year as well. For the west I think LSU will fall to 4th. They lost too much on offense and defense to be considered near the Top IMO but I also think the west could be a bloodbath next year with the winner having 2 SEC losses.

Letsroll1200

Quote from: jhawg2009 on March 16, 2014, 03:02:15 pm
WEST

LSU
Arkansas
Alabama
Ole Miss
Auburn
aTm
MSU

EAST

Tennessee
Florida
USC
Georgia
Kentucky
Missouri
Vandy

Why do you have Arkansas finishing second. Our QB play is unproven and this program will not win until it improves. I'm a huge hog fan but if QB play is not upgraded we will not win a game in the SEC. Travis Swanson was huge for this team and we will struggle early without him. I'm hoping for the best but my expectations are low. Our offensive line and running a ms will have to have a monster year. I'm excited about the defense because I think we have some experience and talent in place. Can the QB make a play at critical times in the game? Will he make mistakes that cause the razorbacks to miss out on a bowl game.

Jamie Jones

Quote from: DallasHogFan on March 16, 2014, 03:05:38 pm
Why does everyone think Aggie is going to be so bad? I know they lose JM and Evans, but they have put together back to back stellar recruiting classes (and the early number 1 rank for 2015). They are stacked with talent, have a great coach, I hate it but they are going to be good for a long long time.
A&M losing JM and Evans will be huge for them. Think about how many close games they played last season, including against us, and it took these two to escape. I realize that they have recruited very well, but the drop off from them to those recruits will be enough that those close games wont go their way, IMO. The West will be a dog eat dog world, and I think that our line play, along with our backs and a more aggressive defense will see us rebound into the top two or three. LSU is loaded BTW.

ChitownHawg

West-
Alabama
Auburn
LSU
Ole Miss
Arkansas
TAMU
Miss State

East:
UGA
Scar
Florida
Tena
Mizzou
Vandy
Kentucky
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

go hogues

OLE MISS
AUBURN
BAMA
STATE
LSU
A&M
ARKANSAS

East? Don't care.

If Ole Miss is ever going to make a run at the west, this is their year. If not this year, then not any time soon, imo. They return the best QB in the league and LSU and BAMA will be a (bit) more mortal next year. Bama has Kiffin too, which is a major liability, imo.
We'll be better but I'm not sure our record will say so. Still no bowl game. 3-9 or 4-8 is my guess.
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

ChitownHawg

WEST

LSU
Arkansas
Alabama
Ole Miss
Auburn
aTm
MSU

EAST

Tennessee
Florida
USC
Georgia
Kentucky
Missouri
Vandy

I hope you are right!  ;D
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Jamie Jones

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on March 16, 2014, 03:22:02 pm
Why do you have Arkansas finishing second. Our QB play is unproven and this program will not win until it improves. I'm a huge hog fan but if QB play is not upgraded we will not win a game in the SEC. Travis Swanson was huge for this team and we will struggle early without him. I'm hoping for the best but my expectations are low. Our offensive line and running a ms will have to have a monster year. I'm excited about the defense because I think we have some experience and talent in place. Can the QB make a play at critical times in the game? Will he make mistakes that cause the razorbacks to miss out on a bowl game.
BA struggled last season after injuring himself. But he has the most experience returning this season in the SECw. Swanson was special, but I tend to believe  that Pittman will field the best O-line in the conference. With our backs controlling the clock and our defense playing more aggressive, I think we can come out of a season, where it could literally be a toss up, on the upper portion of the standings.  And then there's Duwop, AA, or Peavy who could change the pace at qb.

3kgthog

Auburn, Bama, LSU, aTm, OM, Hogs, MSU

SC, UGA, UT, UF, Mizzou, Vandy, UK

oldhawgs

WEST

LSU
Arkansas
Alabama
Ole Miss
Auburn
aTm
MSU

EAST

Tennessee
Florida
USC
Georgia
Kentucky
Missouri
Vandy
This would be great!

weresoclose

Quote from: jhawg2009 on March 16, 2014, 03:26:15 pm
A&M losing JM and Evans will be huge for them. Think about how many close games they played last season, including against us, and it took these two to escape. I realize that they have recruited very well, but the drop off from them to those recruits will be enough that those close games wont go their way, IMO. The West will be a dog eat dog world, and I think that our line play, along with our backs and a more aggressive defense will see us rebound into the top two or three. LSU is loaded BTW.
Don't they have the #1 QB recruit in the nation coming in? Yes. 

I agree LSU will be Beast. But Auburn is returning nearly everyone unreplaceable.

GlassofSwine

Quote from: weresoclose on March 16, 2014, 03:56:12 pm

I agree LSU will be Beast. But Auburn is returning nearly everyone unreplaceable.

I'm curious about the LSU love, they lost almost all of their offensive Production, will have a 1st year starter at QB and they also lost their 2 best Dlineman. What is going to make them great this year?

weresoclose

Quote from: GlassofSwine on March 16, 2014, 04:57:01 pm
I'm curious about the LSU love, they lost almost all of their offensive Production, will have a 1st year starter at QB and they also lost their 2 best Dlineman. What is going to make them great this year?

LSU has DL 5stars to step up up at any given notice, basically.  And their QB was nothing special.

yraciv

Quote from: JansterZ71 on March 16, 2014, 02:49:33 pm

You think Bama will have bad QB play?  I remember people thinking that as well after McElroy left.  Yes Bama lost a lot, but the replacement are going to be 5 star guys and they have the deepest stable of RB I've ever seen.

jlhogfan

WEST

Auburn
Texas A&M
Arkansas
LSU
Ole Miss
Mississippi State
Alabama (Screw Bama)

EAST

South Carolina
Missouri
Georgia
Florida
Tennessee
Kentucky
Vanderbilt

GlassofSwine

Quote from: weresoclose on March 16, 2014, 04:58:37 pm
LSU has DL 5stars to step up up at any given notice, basically.  And their QB was nothing special.

Mettenberger was very good for them last year, but they also lost Landry, Beckham and Hill. Best RB and Best 2 WR's. I just don't see them replacing that production or talent easily.

GlassofSwine

Quote from: yraciv on March 16, 2014, 05:01:19 pm
You think Bama will have bad QB play?  I remember people thinking that as well after McElroy left.  Yes Bama lost a lot, but the replacement are going to be 5 star guys and they have the deepest stable of RB I've ever seen.

People knew that MCcarron was going to be a good QB before he started. I am less impressed by Sims. I think they will be far more one dimensional next year.

bphi11ips

No clear favorite in the West this year.  Just about everyone is at least good.  Alabama may have the toughest schedule.  They lose two games this year.  LSU may have easiest schedule.  Leonard Fournette may be best true freshman SEC RB since Darren McFadden.

LSU
Alabama
Auburn
Arkansas
Mississippi State
Ole Miss
A&M
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

Iwastherein1969

East  1)  Florida
        2)  UGA
        3)  UT
        4)  USC-e
        5)  Vandy
        6)  Mizzou
        7)  Kentucky

West  1) Alabama
         2) LSU
         3) Ole Miss
         4) AU
         5) Miss St.
         6) Texas A&M
         7) Arkansas
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

weresoclose

Anyone not putting AU on top is a Gus hater. Why would you expect a decline?  One reason, please.

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: weresoclose on March 16, 2014, 05:43:04 pm
Anyone not putting AU on top is a Gus hater. Why would you expect a decline?  One reason, please.
gimmick offense...teams will be prepared for his offense much better this season..they won their last two conference games last season on total fluke plays and they are losing their top RB....any other questions ?
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

bphi11ips

They lost a back who rushed for 1800 yards.
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

ldfergu

Preseason West:                                               Postseason West:
ALA                                                                Alabama
AUB                                                                LSU
LSU                                                                AUB
TAMU                                                             ARK  ;)
OLE MISS                                                        OM
MISS ST                                                         TAMU
ARK                                                                MISS ST

Preseason East:                                               Postseason East:
UGA                                                               MIZ                                                             
SCAR                                                             SCAR
MIZ                                                               TENN
UF                                                                 UGA
TENN                                                             UF
UK                                                                 UK
VANDY                                                            VANDY

ChitownHawg

Quote from: StoneTemplePiglets on March 16, 2014, 05:56:48 pm
Preseason West:                                               Postseason West:
ALA                                                                Alabama
AUB                                                                LSU
LSU                                                                AUB
TAMU                                                             ARK  ;)
OLE MISS                                                        OM
MISS ST                                                         TAMU
ARK                                                                MISS ST

Preseason East:                                               Postseason East:
UGA                                                               MIZ                                                             
SCAR                                                             SCAR
MIZ                                                               TENN
UF                                                                 UGA
TENN                                                             UF
UK                                                                 UK
VANDY                                                            VANDY

There is always one student in every class who makes the rest of us students look lazy. Dude, he asked for preseason - quit making me look bad with the post season!  ;)

GlassofSwine

Focusing on the West I think something like this. I also expect it to be a log jam with a bunch of teams 6-2 or 5-3 in the SEC. I think LSU is a 4-4 SEC team next year. I think/hope Arkansas is a 2-6 SEC team next year.
   Why do I like the Miss schools? Both return experienced starting QB's and the part of the schedule that matters the most in the SEC WEST  is who you play in the SEC EAST, they play Vanderbilt/Kentucky and Vanderbilt/Tenn respectively between them. That means 4-2 or 3-3 vs the West opponents puts you Top 3 or 4 in the West.

Auburn
Ole Miss/Miss State/Alabama
LSU
TAMU
Arkansas

hogfan14

West:
Auburn
Alabama
LSU
Ole Miss
Mississippi State
Texas A&M
Arkansas

East:
Missouri
South Carolina
Georgia
Tennessee
Florida
Vanderbilt

popcornhog

West

Bama
LSU
AU
Ole Miss
A&M
Arkansas
State

East

UGA
SC
Tennessee
UF
Mizzou
Vanderbilt
Kentucky

***Note that I believe UT or UF could be the surprise teams to overachieve their predictions a bit.
WPS

popcornhog

Quote from: hogfan14 on March 16, 2014, 07:04:02 pm
West:
Auburn
Alabama
LSU
Ole Miss
Mississippi State
Texas A&M
Arkansas

East:
Missouri
South Carolina
Georgia
Tennessee
Florida
Vanderbilt

Do you predict that Kentucky leaves the SEC?
WPS

popcornhog

They could win it. The West is open this year.

They lost a pretty dynamic playmaker at running back who was a game changer last year.
WPS

hogcard1964

West
Bama
LSU
Auburn
Arkansas
Ole Miss
Texas A&M
Miss St.

East
UGA
South Carolina
Tennessee
Florida
Kentucky
Missouri
Vanderbilt

HiggiePiggy

Because they walked away with a lucky win over Alabama.  I don't see them getting that lucky next year.  I'm not a "Gus hater" I just think there was a lot of luck for them that year. 
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

HogWildBison2011

Quote from: bphi11ips on March 16, 2014, 05:36:30 pm
No clear favorite in the West this year.  Just about everyone is at least good.  Alabama may have the toughest schedule.  They lose two games this year.  LSU may have easiest schedule.  Leonard Fournette may be best true freshman SEC RB since Darren McFadden.

LSU
Alabama
Auburn
Arkansas
Mississippi State
Ole Miss
A&M
To shed some light on the strength of schedule...
http://www.philsteele.com/Blogs/2014/MAR14/DBMar15.html

ldfergu

Quote from: hogcard1964 on March 16, 2014, 07:10:26 pm
West
Bama
LSU
Auburn
Arkansas
Ole Miss
Texas A&M
Miss St.

East
UGA
South Carolina
Tennessee
Florida
Kentucky
Missouri
Vanderbilt

Not trying to argue but how do you see Ark getting ranked 4th in the West?

JansterZ71

Quote from: yraciv on March 16, 2014, 05:01:19 pm

They're starting QB is not even on campus and was third string at FSU in 2012.  2nd string at FSU due to trickett (sp?) transferring.  And who cares about their RB depth?  There is only one ball.  Arkansas will have better production from RB's than Bama. To top it off Bama's OL & DL will not be up to the past few years standards and oh yea Lane Kiffin is their OC.  Need I say more?  They'll be top 5 preseason due to the respect of Saban but let's not kid ourselves. 
I believe that this is a practical world and that I can count only on what I earn. Therefore, I believe in work, hard work.
I believe in education, which gives me the knowledge to work wisely and trains my mind and my hands to work skillfully. I believe in honesty and truthfulness, without which I cannot win the respect and confidence of my fellow men. I believe in a sound mind, in a sound body and a spirit that is not afraid, and in clean sports that develop these qualities. I believe in obedience to law because it protects the rights of all. I believe in the human touch, which cultivates sympathy with my fellow men and mutual helpfulness and brings happiness for all. I believe in my Country, because it is a land of freedom and because it is my own home, and that I can best serve that country by "doing justly, loving mercy, and walking humbly with my God."

Jamie Jones

Quote from: weresoclose on March 16, 2014, 03:56:12 pm

Auburn was a fluke last year and they will flop this season. They also lost their top running back. The defenses will catch up with their gimmick. Tennessee will be the top story this year. But, anyone doubting CBB will get a reality check this season. Gus is a good football mind, but I don't think his system is sustainable over time, with the type of talent he has to go against.

JansterZ71

Quote from: jhawg2009 on March 16, 2014, 08:47:38 pm
Auburn was a fluke last year and they will flop this season. They also lost their top running back. The defenses will catch up with their gimmick. Tennessee will be the top story this year. But, anyone doubting CBB will get a reality check this season. Gus is a good football mind, but I don't think his system is sustainable over time, with the type of talent he has to go against.
At the end of the day it's about players blocking/getting off blocks and tackling/breaking tackles.
Auburn has as much talent if not more than most teams they go against.  I wouldn't call anything they did last season a fluke besides the Hail Mary tipped pass.  That was a fluke play for sure. 

Hogarusa

West:
1 Auburn
2 Ole miss
3 LSU
4 Bama
5 A&M
6 Miss St
7 Arkansas

Those that continue to say that Auburn runs a gimmick offense are lost:  Gus is now in season 9 of NCAA football.  Nobody has figured out how to stop the gimmick yet.
I'll ride the wave where it takes me

popcornhog

Quote from: lowberh on March 16, 2014, 10:40:50 pm
West:
1 Auburn
2 Ole miss
3 LSU
4 Bama
5 A&M
6 Miss St
7 Arkansas

Those that continue to say that Auburn runs a gimmick offense are lost:  Gus is now in season 9 of NCAA football.  Nobody has figured out how to stop the gimmick yet.

Gus has proven that he's a very good coach. The problem on here is that everyone has a bias in favor of or against him so it's hard to take anyone's statements seriously.

Why do you have Alabama finishing so low? I agree that Ole Miss could be the dark horse in the west.
WPS

redswarmrising

since you're complaining of people not putting AU on top,does that mean you're a Gus lover?you the one driving the bus i take it?

Murr

West[/u]
Auburn--Not enough time or recruiting to overmatch them this year; they can only beat themselves
Alabama--Too much talent, but Saban needs to find an answer to the HUNH or they'll continue to struggle
Texas A&M—Tons of Texas Talent, but when will Sumlin start improving that horrid defense?
LSU—Talented, but the Two-and-Doners are hurting the win column
Ole Miss—They are the good Mississippi school this year, right?
Arkansas—more recruiting and rebuilding for CBB to repair CBP's mess
Miss State—more cowbell, more losses

East[/u]
Georgia—Richt will win enough games again, but can he win the SEC?
Mizzou—Lost some good players, but lots of very good talent to replace them; Fear Mauty
USC—'ol ball coach.  That is all.
Florida—Muschamp will muschamp and probably be gone after this year.
Tennessee—Could finish higher depending on how far USC's and UF's quality drops.
Kentucky—The never ending rebuild continues
Vandy—It was fun while it lasted.

VBMark

If you are picking the Hogs last in the SEC-West, please go find another team to support. Thinking we can't beat any of the SEC teams means you're a homer for somebody else.

VB out.
John L. Smith is so bad that he will laugh himself off the field

Hoggiedawg

Awbarn
Bammers
Tiggers
aTm
Ole missus
Hawgs
State

LZH

superior_wang

Quote from: Sweet Feet on March 16, 2014, 02:25:16 pm
Mine:
West-
Alabama
Auburn
LSU
Arkansas
TAMU
Ole Miss
Miss State

East:
UGA
Scar
Tenn
Florida
Mizzou
Vandy
Kentucky

not sure how you can put Ol Miss below the hogs.