Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Anyone think B. Allen doesn't start?

Started by Prestworthy, March 16, 2014, 12:34:43 am

Previous topic - Next topic

VBMark

BA was throwing about 57% completions prior to the injury. How were receivers in the right places in the cupcake games, but not in the right place against the tougher opponents? Receivers scared of getting hit???

Certainly, some of the drop off was due to the injury, but if you are telling me that none of the other QBs on campus can complete 50% of their passes in this offense, then one of two things is certain: a) the offense is too complicated for the QBs on campus or b) the QBs on campus were way too overrated coming out of high school. You pick.
John L. Smith is so bad that he will laugh himself off the field

three hog night

Quote from: VBMark on March 17, 2014, 07:05:18 am
BA was throwing about 57% completions prior to the injury. How were receivers in the right places in the cupcake games, but not in the right place against the tougher opponents? Receivers scared of getting hit???

Certainly, some of the drop off was due to the injury, but if you are telling me that none of the other QBs on campus can complete 50% of their passes in this offense, then one of two things is certain: a) the offense is too complicated for the QBs on campus or b) the QBs on campus were way too overrated coming out of high school. You pick.

I think it is a function of our receivers not having the speed to threaten a defense enough to require safety help....so the safeties could help in run support AND take a TE and RB passing options.   BA had fragile confidence after the beating he took in 2012, then the Oline had problems in protection that furhter affected his confidence.   He didn't appear to feel comfortable in the pocket, only trusted one WR and one TE and seemed too rushed to go through his progressions.   He wanted to get rid of the ball ASAP.
Petrino left a mess and Bielema is trying to fill in the talent gaps.  Anderson finally has some talent to work with.  He needs more at select positions and that will come in the next recruiting class. 
Posters that think they are Jim Rhome are ruining message boards.

Melorock089

I'm sorry but BA inspires no confidence. Out of everyone, no wants to prove me wrong worse than me. I hope BA truly is a different player this year.

He's got to be mean and fearless. Not reckless, but fearless.

Mike_e

Just a guess but if a receiver gets jammed at the line and can't get past the defender in time then even if he completes the rout he's out of position when he's supposed to be there.    Or anywhere on the rout for that matter. 

You've never had your wingman get distracted and miss on the timing so that the good looking babe's harpy girlfriend was still in the way when it was time for the crucial question?

Without the proper timing you wind up just standing there looking around too long and the harpy bats down the pass.

Or worse, intercepts it.   ;)

Y'all don't straighten up and raise some hell OTR and Rev are goin to put a saddle on Darrel Royal's floating fulminatin head and ride you down!

Pork Twain

Quote from: Notshavin on March 16, 2014, 07:10:34 pm
I see your point - but I think analyzing last year for entertainment purposes is valid, especially with this new regime.

I can't stress enough how much we were told in the Spring that they would focus on tackling, fundamentals, winning the game in the trenches, proper technique, etc., and yet that did not translate.

Now if I start whining about our former coach no longer being here, THEN put me in time-out and on ignore.

However, I understand the frustration with things that were out of the staff's control and not wanting to re-visit that.  It's a tricky balance.
You can practice it all you want but if you lack SEC level talent and depth, it will not matter in the end.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

Pork Twain

Everyone looks better versus cupcakes than they do against SEC talent.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

Dominicanhog

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine on March 16, 2014, 10:45:47 am
  I've seen a bunch of football. History is on BA's side. History of the game, not his struggles from last season. Tyler Bray is the last one to come to mind among many, many others who got dramatically better from Soph to Jr seasons. I guess we'll see.
  I too would like to see a true freshman come in and be all sec his 1st year and win the Heisman his last 3 years at Arkansas, but that has ONLY happened in EA sports fantasy world. Not once, ever, in the history of the game has it ever, ever ,ever happened. EVER....

neither had a rs freshman, but look at the last 2 years... agree it's not going to happen though.

DeltaBoy

Quote from: Mike Irwin on March 16, 2014, 09:49:17 am
Stoerner also said that the number one offensive issue this spring is not at quarterback but at wide receiver. No quarterback on this team is going to be successful until they develop some guys who can run disciplined routes, get open and catch the ball. When they are facing tight coverage they have to fight for the ball instead of standing in place and letting the QB get picked off.

Yes our WR last year Stank and like Roberto Duran had hands of STONE . 
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: Prestworthy on March 16, 2014, 12:34:43 am
?

Who is #1?
Well whether he ultimately does or doesn't at least this season it won't be because we don't have a very legitimate alternative at the position. At least this year he'll not only have to earn it but keep doing so week after week.

Deep Shoat

Quote from: bennyl08 on March 16, 2014, 03:31:52 pm
You have to understand what went wrong last year in order to fix it this spring and next season. Why did we go 3-9? Did we make tactical mistakes, or were we simply outgunned? Did we improve the calibre of our team, and did other teams lose firepower? If we made tactical mistakes, how can we correct them? Are they correctable, or do we just need a new gun?
We can't correct a damn thing.  And TBQH, I don't want the armchair coaches on Hogville trying to correct anything.  We don't know a damn thing compared to the coaching staff.

All Gas, No Brakes!

Pork Twain

Quote from: bennyl08 on March 16, 2014, 03:31:52 pm
You have to understand what went wrong last year in order to fix it this spring and next season. Why did we go 3-9? Did we make tactical mistakes, or were we simply outgunned? Did we improve the calibre of our team, and did other teams lose firepower? If we made tactical mistakes, how can we correct them? Are they correctable, or do we just need a new gun?
If Hogville starts fixing our problems on the field, we are in serious trouble.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: BeoPig™ on March 17, 2014, 11:06:45 am
If Hogville starts fixing our problems on the field, we are in serious trouble.
Ain't that the truth!!!!!!!!

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

Quote from: Deep Shoat on March 17, 2014, 11:02:18 am
We can't correct a damn thing.  And TBQH, I don't want the armchair coaches on Hogville trying to correct anything.  We don't know a damn thing compared to the coaching staff.

Maybe not individually, but corporately we might have some good ideas.

We were right about Nutt.

I'm not saying we should all join hands and sing "Kum Ba Yah"  or anything, but fans aren't always 100% wrong as coaches aren't always 100% right.
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

cypert2

If BA is healthy he will start every game this year.
Swinging on the two and the four.

three hog night

Quote from: Mike_e on March 17, 2014, 09:25:07 am
Just a guess but if a receiver gets jammed at the line and can't get past the defender in time then even if he completes the rout he's out of position when he's supposed to be there.    Or anywhere on the rout for that matter. 

You've never had your wingman get distracted and miss on the timing so that the good looking babe's harpy girlfriend was still in the way when it was time for the crucial question?

Without the proper timing you wind up just standing there looking around too long and the harpy bats down the pass.

Or worse, intercepts it.   ;)

The weak WR's could not get off the line and it killed us last year. 
Petrino left a mess and Bielema is trying to fill in the talent gaps.  Anderson finally has some talent to work with.  He needs more at select positions and that will come in the next recruiting class. 

Hogpkins

Quote from: Notshavin on March 17, 2014, 11:38:59 am
Maybe not individually, but corporately we might have some good ideas.

We were right about Nutt.

I'm not saying we should all join hands and sing "Kum Ba Yah"  or anything, but fans aren't always 100% wrong as coaches aren't always 100% right.

The fans being right about Nutt was the worst thing that could've happened to the future stability of our program. Everyone is glad Nutt is gone, and if it took some excessive fan commotion to get the Good Ole Boy out of here, then it's a means to an end.

But now a lot of fans genuinely believe that they are ahead of the game and can't wait to be the first to say "I told you so." Can't even give a coach one season without being ready to kick him out the door -- WE WERE RIGHT ABOUT NUTT AFTER ALL!!! Now every coaching hire is judged from the perspective that the administration probably got it wrong and needs to be told so as loudly and as soon as possible.

Nutt caused so many problems, and this is one problem that apparently will linger for a long time into the future.

ldfergu

Is this BA's normal throwing motion? Serious question

[attachment deleted by admin]

three hog night

Quote from: Shoatysmalls on March 17, 2014, 02:03:57 pm
The fans being right about Nutt was the worst thing that could've happened to the future stability of our program. Everyone is glad Nutt is gone, and if it took some excessive fan commotion to get the Good Ole Boy out of here, then it's a means to an end.

But now a lot of fans genuinely believe that they are ahead of the game and can't wait to be the first to say "I told you so." Can't even give a coach one season without being ready to kick him out the door -- WE WERE RIGHT ABOUT NUTT AFTER ALL!!! Now every coaching hire is judged from the perspective that the administration probably got it wrong and needs to be told so as loudly and as soon as possible.

Nutt caused so many problems, and this is one problem that apparently will linger for a long time into the future.
You brought a good perspective that needs to be considered as an influence.

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

I have to agree that is a good point.  Something to think about.

I don't think I could ever compare another head coach here to HDN, but maybe some of us have been kind of looking over our shoulder.
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

chitwnhog

This times 1000

Steef

There's some truth to that.

But I don't blame Nutt for being Nutt. I blame Frank for letting it fester for a decade.

sportster365

Totally, blaming it on the receivers is a poor sell to me. What was the excuse in those games he played in during the 2012 season when he had Hamilton and Graggs on the field?  He went 6-20 for 85 yds and an INT. The very next game he went 6-18 for 60yds and 2 INTs. Different core of receivers (NFL receivers) and producing the same numbers as he was last year.

Sure they dropped some passes but no more than any other core group of receivers would drop. Their drops were just magnified due to the number of times our offense was placed in a must complete scenario brought on by all those previously poorly thrown pass attempts.

Look I want our Arkansas QB and players to succeed just as much as their own parents want them tos succeed, but lets be honest and stop looking for excuses.  We're all concerned, there's no way we have a red-shirt Junior which means he's been on the team 4 years returning as the starting QB should we be having discussions about who's the starter going to be. The fact that this is even a conversation lets me know most think we have some major issues to address at this position.

Steef

Quote from: sportster365 on March 17, 2014, 04:12:42 pm
Totally, blaming it on the receivers is a poor sell to me. What was the excuse in those games he played in during the 2012 season when he had Hamilton and Graggs on the field?  He went 6-20 for 85 yds and an INT. The very next game he went 6-18 for 60yds and 2 INTs. Different core of receivers (NFL receivers) and producing the same numbers as he was last year.

Sure they dropped some passes but no more than any other core group of receivers would drop. Their drops were just magnified due to the number of times our offense was placed in a must complete scenario brought on by all those previously poorly thrown pass attempts.

Look I want our Arkansas QB and players to succeed just as much as their own parents want them tos succeed, but lets be honest and stop looking for excuses.  We're all concerned, there's no way we have a red-shirt Junior which means he's been on the team 4 years returning as the starting QB should we be having discussions about who's the starter going to be. The fact that this is even a conversation lets me know most think we have some major issues to address at this position.

In the pouring rain. With no running game to speak of. Against the number one team in the nation (at the time) and a porous offensive line. In his very first college game.

And yes, there were a LOT of dropped passes that day.

And PPs play calling telegraphing everything.

I'm on the fence with BA. But I'm not holding THAT game against him.

sportster365

excuses, excuses, excuses.... He played ULM and had a 21-7 lead at half with Knile Davis and Dennis Johnson in the backfield.

And I don't care because you played Alabama, so did 11 other teams that year and 3 of which had much lesser talent on the field than we did and managed not to get beat 52-0. From a scoring stand point that was Alabama's best game of the year.

PonderinHog

Quote from: sportster365 on March 17, 2014, 04:32:45 pm
excuses, excuses, excuses.... He played ULM and had a 21-7 lead at half with Knile Davis and Dennis Johnson in the backfield.

And I don't care because you played Alabama, so did 11 other teams that year and 3 of which had much lesser talent on the field than we did and managed not to get beat 52-0. From a scoring stand point that was Alabama's best game of the year.
So BA called all those passes against ULM?  Sure he did.

ChitownHawg

That game was a total failure on our coaches. TW was a celebrated QB of ours and he was rocked as well.
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

Steef

Wow. That's a lot of hate. I'm guessing you never played.

So BA is to blame for Bama scoring 52 against us? He's to blame for other teams doing better against us?

You're just determined to hate the kid.

Mike Irwin

Quote from: sportster365 on March 17, 2014, 04:12:42 pm
Totally, blaming it on the receivers is a poor sell to me. What was the excuse in those games he played in during the 2012 season when he had Hamilton and Graggs on the field?  He went 6-20 for 85 yds and an INT.
Did you see that game or are you just quoting stats? Allen lead them on an 80 yard drive on the first possession of the 3rd quarter increasing the Hogs' lead to 28-7. At that point those receivers started dropping passing and Allen clearly lost some confidence. Most QBs would in their first appearance when a game was on the line.

If Paul Petrino had had a lick of sense he would have taken pressure off Allen by using his running backs. He didn't.

As for last year you can believe whatever your want. I saw every game and Arkansas' receivers let Brandon Allen down from his injury until the Ole Miss game when they finally started to get open & catch the ball. After the Alabama game Bielema threatened to start benching receivers. What a shock that they finally started to come around after that.

Not surprisingly Allen had his best three games against Ole Miss, Mississippi State and LSU.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: Mike Irwin on March 17, 2014, 05:38:24 pm
Did you see that game or are you just quoting stats? Allen lead them on an 80 yard drive on the first possession of the 3rd quarter increasing the Hogs' lead to 28-7. At that point those receivers started dropping passing and Allen clearly lost some confidence. Most QBs would in their first appearance when a game was on the line.

If Paul Petrino had had a lick of sense he would have taken pressure off Allen by using his running backs. He didn't.

As for last year you can believe whatever your want. I saw every game and Arkansas' receivers let Brandon Allen down from his injury until the Ole Miss game when they finally started to get open & catch the ball. After the Alabama game Bielema threatened to start benching receivers. What a shock that they finally started to come around after that.

Not surprisingly Allen had his best three games against Ole Miss, Mississippi State and LSU.
Mike, I've always found that when it comes to breakdowns in execution it's often not just one player always responsible for the poor play. IMO there's a pretty good case for BA not being totally ready to come back when he did after his injury (however we really didn't really have a ton of options either). On the other hand, in many games is seemed the WRs in particular acted as if they'd never seen a football. The lack of being able to consistently hold on to the passes that were gotten to them was definitely a glaring problem.

Hawgzinbowlz

Quote from: Mike Irwin on March 17, 2014, 05:38:24 pm
...If Paul Petrino had had a lick of sense he would have taken pressure off Allen by using his running backs. He didn't...

Please don't put PP name near "a lick of sense".

" GO HOGS "

rude1

BA is the starter, nobody other than Derby has a single college live game snap under their belts. I don't see anyone that is gifted enough to over come their lack of experience to unseat him at this point.

sportster365

TW's an NFL practice squad QB at best right now.

I don't hate the kid, would like to see him succeed just as much as anybody else would.

During the 2nd half of regulation of the ULM game Ark ran the ball 10 to 14 passes.

Yes I watched the games. And if you take away that 80 yd TD drive he only throws for 25 yds in 6 Arkansas possessions. Any hoot Mike, so after this 28-7 lead NFL guys like Kobe and Chris just spontaneously start to drop passes. Similar to what the guys on last year squad were doing right?? No offense but whatever... , the inexperience, the shoulder, the receivers, the playcalling... it's all excuses imo.

Piggfoot

Quote from: StoneTemplePiglets on March 17, 2014, 02:14:44 pm
Are you implying he has poor form?
Hog fan since 1960. So thankful for Sam Pittman.

Dugann

Nope either Austin or the new dude.... hot rod what ever his name is.
By Gosh He Didn't Come Back To PAINT!!!!

ldfergu

Quote from: qdoc on March 17, 2014, 06:29:37 pm
Are you implying he has poor form?

No, I'm just asking a question which no one apparently knows the answer to.  What do I know about coaching QB's??? Zilch! Although, it does appear to be an odd throwing motion to have your arm parallel to the ground like he does in the photo.

So, I will ask again. Is this BA's normal throwing motion?

DoctorSusscrofa

I figure BA is the starter until somebody actually takes it away from him on the field.  I think the games BA played without any injury affecting him were decent performances.  Not great, but decent.  In a second full year, I bet he improves at least a little.  If that happens and our receivers improve just a touch, BA will probably look even better.  I don't think we win more than 6 or 7 this year even with significant improvement in play on offense.  We're going to have to improve on defense before we start winning 8 or more.  My March 17 prediction is that we win 5 or 6 this fall or 7 IF we're really lucky.  But I do think we'll improve on offense and a little on defense.  And I think 2015 will see another improvement - winning 7 or 8 or maybe even 9.  I think it will take until 2016 for us to win 10 or more.  But when we do, I think we'll be on a roll after that. 
Fan of Razorback Football, Baseball, Track, Gymnastics, Softball - M Barton

Mike Irwin

Quote from: sportster365 on March 17, 2014, 06:06:25 pm
it's all excuses imo.
You're entitled to your opinion but I saw a different Brandon Allen in each of the last three games. His confidence seemed to grow every game. He had LSU's fans scared to death. I was on the field and I could hear the comments. Stuff like, "I thought this kid was supposed to suck. He's about to beat our ass."

He would have done it too if the Hogs had a secondary that could function.

Steef

Quote from: Mike Irwin on March 17, 2014, 07:13:39 pm
You're entitled to your opinion but I saw a different Brandon Allen in each of the last three games. His confidence seemed to grow every game. He had LSU's fans scared to death. I was on the field and I could hear the comments. Stuff like, "I thought this kid was supposed to suck. He's about to beat our ass."

He would have done it too if the Hogs had a secondary that could function.

In fairness, Mike. Our defense did break down in the fourth quarter...but so did the offense. We (not JUST Brandon) had several opportunities to put the game out of reach, and didn't.

That includes the playcalling, which went braindead in the fourth.

That was a team failure.

jwpattyson

Well with the new soft serve in the box, the play calling should be on point this season.
Give me Razorback sports or give me death.

HogInFlorida

How were receivers in the right places in the cupcake games, but not in the right place against the tougher opponents? Receivers scared of getting hit??

I'd imagine it's easier to shake the 2 Star from ULL than it is the 5 Star from Bama/LSU/UF
Quote from: Mike Irwin on June 12, 2013, 09:18:52 pm
I'd rather be hit over the head with a brick than have to revisit the memories of those seven awful months with coach "Smile" in charge.

Mike Irwin

Quote from: steefhog on March 17, 2014, 07:32:55 pm
In fairness, Mike. Our defense did break down in the fourth quarter...but so did the offense. We (not JUST Brandon) had several opportunities to put the game out of reach, and didn't.

That includes the playcalling, which went braindead in the fourth.

That was a team failure.
Are you serious? You're going to rag on Arkansas because they didn't put the game out of reach in the 4th quarter? They were lucky to be in the game.

Have you ever been to a game in Tiger Stadium? It's hell on wheels and the defense you're facing is not exactly noted for getting it's butt kicked in the 4th quarter at home.

That same defense put a whuppin' on Johnny Football. Remember?

That same defense also also put a whuppin on  Gus Malzahn's HUNH. Remember that?

Three times Brandon Allen lead a 3-8 football team down the field to take the lead from an opponent that almost never loses at home.  I promise you I wasn't standing there thinking, Boy Arkansas is blowing it and the play calling is brain dead. I was thinking, How are these guys even on the field with LSU?

But I shouldn't be surprised at your comments. I have a good friend who blamed the loss on Allen because he didn't lead Arkansas to a game winning touchdown in the 50 seconds that were left after that last LSU touchdown.

Sometimes I have to just shake my head.

Wants2Win

Quote from: Mike Irwin on March 17, 2014, 09:21:10 pm
Are you serious? You're going to rag on Arkansas because they didn't put the game out of reach in the 4th quarter? They were lucky to be in the game.

Have you ever been to a game in Tiger Stadium? It's hell on wheels and the defense you're facing is not exactly noted for getting it's butt kicked in the 4th quarter at home.

That same defense also also put a whuppin on  Gus Malzahn's HUNH. Remember that?

Three times Brandon Allen lead a 3-8 football team down the field to take the lead from an opponent that almost never loses at home.  I promise you I wasn't standing there thinking, Boy Arkansas is blowing it and the play calling is brain dead. I was thinking, How are these guys even on the field with LSU?

But I shouldn't be surprised at your comments. I have a good friend who blamed the loss on Allen because he didn't lead Arkansas to a game winning touchdown in the 50 seconds that were left after that last LSU touchdown.

You don't think LSU may have been sleepwalking a bit against 3-8 cellar dweller Arkansas?

Ramtough

I've said it ever since BA was made the starter that he will be the starter as long as he is at Arkansas or until he gets hurt. Is he a great QB? To this point he is not even average. In the end I think it may be the lack of defense that is much more the issue than lack of talent at the QB position. Defense may be Bielema's undoing at Arkansas!

Mike Irwin

Quote from: Wants2Win on March 17, 2014, 09:58:20 pm
You don't think LSU may have been sleepwalking a bit against 3-8 cellar dweller Arkansas?
Yeah, okay I give up. Allen sucks. LSU wasn't playing worth a crap and that's the only reason why he was 19 of 29 against them for 178 yards and two TDs.

Hell anybody could have done that. Rafe Peavy could have ridden a bicycle in from his high school game Friday night and beaten those guys when his eyes shut.

If Allen starts Arkansas won't win a game next year.

Danny J

Quote from: Mike Irwin on March 17, 2014, 11:27:25 pm
Yeah, okay I give up. Allen sucks. LSU wasn't playing worth a crap and that's the only reason why he was 19 of 29 against them for 178 yards and two TDs.

Hell anybody could have done that. Rafe Peavy could have ridden a bicycle in from his high school game Friday night and beaten those guys when his eyes shut.

If Allen starts Arkansas won't win a game next year.
LOL.....

I miss you not being on radio and TV. You are one of the best sports story tellers of all time. A bit like Gary Blair in that once you are wound up you are like the energizer bunny of a conversation. I wish you were back on the radio and yes...I am selfish.

Mike Irwin

Quote from: StoneTemplePiglets on March 17, 2014, 02:14:44 pm
Serious answer.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Jek Tono Porkins

Allen's receivers helped him immensely in the LSU game, but Hunter Henry was also able to get open. Against Louisiana Lafayette, Hunter Henry was the leading receiver. I imagine coaches saw that film and thought, "We need to shut him down if we want to win" and he had a bit of trouble getting open the rest of the year except for A&M and LSU.

I remember that on one of the first plays of the LSU game, Keon Hatcher had a reception for like 70 yards, probably the biggest reception of the season. That had to help Allen's confidence immensely.

I have known the troubles I was born to know
I have wanted things a poor man's born to want
And in all my dreams and memories I go running
Through the fields of Arkansas from which I sprung

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Ramtough on March 17, 2014, 10:15:28 pm
I've said it ever since BA was made the starter that he will be the starter as long as he is at Arkansas or until he gets hurt. Is he a great QB? To this point he is not even average. In the end I think it may be the lack of defense that is much more the issue than lack of talent at the QB position. Defense may be Bielema's undoing at Arkansas!

We will see. I think this spring may be the most important set of practices that BA has ever faced since he has been at Arkansas. He should be totally healed by this time and he basically has everything on his side, time in the program, SEC level experience, knowing the system.

If he doesn't separate himself by a wide margin from everyone else competing at QB, we will know that he will probably never be the level of QB that we need. Of course if that happens, we may also know that we may be in trouble at that spot this year and may not be able to find the balance that we need in the fall. Lots of questions to be answered.

I wish that SEC rules allowed for various programs to schedule each other for what is essentially, 7 on 7 matches, during the spring. Maybe 2 or 3 each spring. Reason? I'd like to see our QB's/Receiver's get to practice against top LB's and Secondaries in the passing game. And, our LB's and Secondaries would benefit as well.
Go Hogs Go!

Steef

Quote from: Mike Irwin on March 17, 2014, 09:21:10 pm

Easy, soldier. We're generally on the same side here. I'm not interested in bashing BA or anyone else.

But if you're gonna give him single handed props for the LSU game (and you were) then you're skipping over a lot of truth.

BA had three good quarters in that game. The defense had 3 1/2. Chaney had three.

And yes, I know that's a tough venue. And yes, I thought our Hogs were magnificent (overall) that day.

But what I took from that game was the very real fact that as a team and staff, we were no longer playing defeated. At the end of a heartbreaking season, our kids were not heartbroken.

They were Hogs.

But they did run out of gas...or ideas...or whatever...middle of the fourth quarter. First the offense, then finally a tired defense.

Difficult venue or not, if you want to beat teams like LSU, its gonna take four full quarters. Valuable lesson learned for them.

weresoclose

Quote from: Mike Irwin on March 17, 2014, 11:32:10 pm
Serious answer.

Mallett looks so much better with his shoulders lined up.  Was that your point?