Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

D.Evans...

Started by secneahog, March 15, 2014, 07:33:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

secneahog

I talked to him and he's in the best shape of his life.
He said the redshirt year really helped him in developing. 
He also said he's weighing 220 right now, which is awesome. 

I know jwill & AC will get their touches, but Denzell Evans will get some  touches also. Just a Lil info on the guy.
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

ldfergu

Good to know. Sometimes it's easy to forget there's anyone outside of AC, JW, and KM. Gonna be tough to steal carries out of that mix but hopefully he continues to work hard and find a spot on the field

TMc

I always liked Denzell and the way that he ran on his videos.  Of course, that was just a snipet of his plays.  I have always been excited about him.., and I'm hoping he will help us some within the next year or 2.

swinesation

Has anybody heard the coaches say anything about him?

Biggus Piggus

Maybe he should play linebacker. More opportunity.
[CENSORED]!

ifghog

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on March 18, 2014, 09:00:19 am
Maybe he should play linebacker. More opportunity.
Here we go! LOL.

sportster365

thanks, I was really looking forward to watching him play last year. I had watched some of his HS game tape and the kid rolls like a bowling ball down hill.  He reminded me of one of CBB big bulky wisconsin running backs.

With Arinze, Kody Walker, Korliss Marshall, J. Will and Alex Collins running behind a line that only gave up 8 sacks all year and roughly produced 2 1000 yard backs.... our running game should be second to none. but maybe Bama's

bennyl08

Quote from: sportster365 on March 18, 2014, 04:22:27 pm
thanks, I was really looking forward to watching him play last year. I had watched some of his HS game tape and the kid rolls like a bowling ball down hill.  He reminded me of one of CBB big bulky wisconsin running backs.

With Arinze, Kody Walker, Korliss Marshall, J. Will and Alex Collins running behind a line that only gave up 8 sacks all year and roughly produced 2 1000 yard backs.... our running game should be second to none. but maybe Bama's

Did lose 2 starters off of that line. Though, I think one of those positions will be upgraded, the other, maybe not so much.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

SquidBilly

Quote from: bennyl08 on March 18, 2014, 06:08:43 pm
Did lose 2 starters off of that line. Though, I think one of those positions will be upgraded, the other, maybe not so much.

Center will be fine.  Who ever wins the battle between Boyd and Charpentier will have earned the right to start.  That will be a strong competition.

bennyl08

Quote from: ATLpiggie on March 18, 2014, 07:23:59 pm
Center will be fine.  Who ever wins the battle between Boyd and Charpentier will have earned the right to start.  That will be a strong competition.

There was a true freshman coming in the coaches were excited about at center as well. Given that center will often call the blocking assignments, I doubt that he will start early, or at least as early as skipper and Kirkland, but it wouldn't shock me to see a situation similar to Ellis where he starts late. That said, way to early to discount Charpentier or Boyd. They have been playing behind Swanson of all people. Boyd I think has had some chances at guard, but still.
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

Hooch

I just Denzell Evans!

secneahog

Charp and Boyd will be a good competition. 
I think Boyd will pull it out.

Projection is
Lt. Skipper
Lg. Cook.
C. Boyd.
Rg. Kirkland.
Lt. Wallace.

But yes I watched some of Evans video from practice last year and he hits the whole very fast. Runs very low. Ready to see more of him.
At 220 ...my gosh...
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

Hoggish1

Quote from: sportster365 on March 18, 2014, 04:22:27 pm

;)

Uncommon

Quote from: secneahog on March 18, 2014, 07:42:35 pm
Charp and Boyd will be a good competition. 
I think Boyd will pull it out.

Projection is
Lt. Skipper
Lg. Cook.
C. Boyd.
Rg. Kirkland.
Lt. Wallace.

But yes I watched some of Evans video from practice last year and he hits the whole very fast. Runs very low. Ready to see more of him.
At 220 ...my gosh...
Valid source, and I mean valid, (look back at my post history when I broke the news that DeFonta Lowe would be transferring before it went public) told me that currently, the starting offensive line is as follows:
LT Dan Skipper
LG Grady Ollison
C Luke Charpentier
RG Denver Kirkland
RT Brey Cook

bennyl08

Quote from: BeastBack 50 on March 19, 2014, 01:01:32 am
Valid source, and I mean valid, (look back at my post history when I broke the news that DeFonta Lowe would be transferring before it went public) told me that currently, the starting offensive line is as follows:
LT Dan Skipper
LG Grady Ollison
C Luke Charpentier
RG Denver Kirkland
RT Brey Cook

The only real surprise their is Ollison at guard in general and over Smothers.

OnTheHillHogFan

LT Dan Skipper
LG Grady Ollison
C Luke Charpentier
RG Denver Kirkland
RT Brey Cook
This isn't breaking news, the coaches and players said this in their interviews today.
Quote from: JaketheSnake on November 07, 2012, 10:28:17 am
Shoot the Obama deer... the ones that come for the free corn.
Quote from: ReddieHawg on November 06, 2013, 09:38:24 am
Do you happen to have any rapping skills? I think we could set you up with DJ Khaled and you could make a song entitled, "All I Do Is Bitch"

secneahog

LT Dan Skipper
LG Grady Ollison
C Luke Charpentier
RG Denver Kirkland
RT Brey Cook

I like that line up. Thanks.

Dominicanhog

LT Dan Skipper
LG Grady Ollison
C Luke Charpentier
RG Denver Kirkland
RT Brey Cook

Yeah, that's seems about right... look for Wallace, Tretola, Ragnow, Boyd and Koehler to be the backup's.... not sure about Pruitt at this point.

OnTheHillHogFan

Quote from: Dominicanhog on March 19, 2014, 08:16:02 am
Yeah, that's seems about right... look for Wallace, Tretola, Ragnow, Boyd and Koehler to be the backup's.... not sure about Pruitt at this point.
Only problem with those 5 is that only Walllace is a OT and Pruitt will redshirt if he makes it.
Do you happen to have any rapping skills? I think we could set you up with DJ Khaled and you could make a song entitled, "All I Do Is Bitch"

Razorhawg09

Quote from: GreenbrierHogFan on March 19, 2014, 11:04:28 am
Only problem with those 5 is that only Walllace is a OT and Pruitt will redshirt if he makes it.
Tretola might could handle OT. I think it's time I write Smothers off as a bust.

mevskithog

I just wish we didn't have 2 midgets starting at the tackle positions.

ferrellhog

cuz 6'10  320 is obviusly to small

PorkRinds

Quote from: ferrellhog on March 19, 2014, 01:14:39 pm
cuz 6'10  320 is obviusly to small

Someone's sarcasm detector is malfunctioning...

Mike_e

Quote from: PorkRinds on March 19, 2014, 01:15:41 pm
Someone's sarcasm detector is malfunctioning...

Nah, just running with the punch.  ;)
The best "one thing" for a happy life?
Just be the best person that you can manage.  Right Now!

PorkSoda

so Cook is finally going to play tackle? 
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

Hogfan46

I can't remember ever having a better 2-deep OL line that what we will put on the field this year. OL play will allow us to run the balance Off CBB wants to run.  The running game should definitely open up a great play action passing attack.

OnTheHillHogFan

Quote from: PorkSoda on March 19, 2014, 02:21:59 pm
so Cook is finally going to play tackle?
He started at RT most of last year.