Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

front page 247 article on MONK

Started by immahog, March 15, 2014, 06:08:11 am

Previous topic - Next topic

immahog

No lions No tigers No bears.....ImmaHog

3kgthog

Great article. I don't get the feeling he'll be a Hog, though. Sometimes kids want to get away after so many people help shape them and push them. They want to do things their own way at a certain point. His ties to Razorback sports may ultimately hurt us in this regard. I hope I'm wrong.

immahog

yea so do I one would think as many ties as he has to the program he would call the hogs but you never know....
No lions No tigers No bears.....ImmaHog

PygmalionEffect

He's already talking about being a one and done as a 16 yr old so college is not important to him no matter which one he attends.

Can't blame him for wanting to make millions of dollars a year as soon as he can, I'm the same way.  (still waiting)

Because of that, I think unless something changes drastically over the next two years, he'll certainly be a Razorback for one year.  College doesn't mean much and it's not going to make much/any difference in his draft status to be there one year no matter where he goes, so I think he'll use that year to make the people around him that are supporting him happy by going to UofA.  Those supporters claim to be Switzerland on the topic but we know that's not true, they just are careful not to try to influence him one way or the other.

If I was only playing one year, the last place I would go would be a team like Kentucky with 8 or 9 players on the team that are just as heralded because you don't have as much opportunity to get the gaudy stats that help become a high pick, plus I don't think Cal is a good coach, just a good recruiter.
Pygmalion Effect - The phenomenon in which the greater the expectation placed upon people, the better they perform.

razorsharp94

NBA looking into the two year rule. Hope it happens before he gets to college. Hope he's a Hog.

oldhawgs

Arkansas WR

Great read. I watched him in person, and he is something else. I hope and pray he is a hog when its over.