Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

UALR vs. ASU fixing to start OT #4 if anyone is interested in watching

Started by hoglady, March 14, 2014, 09:02:15 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hoglady

Thought some of you basketball junkies might be interested in seeing this.
Crazy. Score is 105-105. 4th OT starting now. UALR is down to 6 players - 4 have fouled out.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

PonderinHog

hoglady

Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."

PonderinHog

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

razorhog52

PonderinHog

hoglady

Hope UALR makes this last shot - don't think they'll make through an OT #5.

hoglady

Well darn - I guess I should have rooted for ASU then maybe UALR would have won.
Heartbreaking loss for the Trojans.

EternalSunshine

Quote from: razorhog52 on March 14, 2014, 09:08:27 pm
Well crap, I have uverse. Espn3 is blacked out.

There is a log in on the watchespn app for uverse tv customers. Granted the game is probably over now.

EternalSunshine

elksnort

hoglady

Quote from: elksnort on March 14, 2014, 10:04:27 pm
Great game.  Ed Tounsel got it done.

That was a good game.
I was pulling for UALR - but both teams gave everything they had and left it on the floor. Can't ask for anything more.

elksnort

hoglady

Quote from: elksnort on March 14, 2014, 10:22:17 pm
I like Razorbacks first.
ASU second. 

I'm Hogs.
Then UALR.
Then ASU.
I don't dislike any of the state schools. I will now root for ASU the rest of the way in the Sunbelt. It'll be tough for them tomorrow. They have to play again tomorrow at 2. Those kids have to be drained emotionally and physically.

Danny J

Quote from: hoglady on March 14, 2014, 10:26:32 pm
I'm Hogs.
Then UALR.
Then ASU.
I don't dislike any of the state schools. I will now root for ASU the rest of the way in the Sunbelt. It'll be tough for them tomorrow. They have to play again tomorrow at 2. Those kids have to be drained emotionally and physically.
I am with you. Anybody remember Paul Springer for UALR? He was good.

Pigsear

OptimusHog

widespreadsooie

Wild Bill Hog

hoglady

Quote from: Danny J (headhawg7) on March 14, 2014, 10:36:33 pm
I am with you. Anybody remember Paul Springer for UALR? He was good.

I do.
Years ago I hardly ever missed a game. I started going to games when they were in the old TAAC conference. UALR has had some nice players over the years. Of all the venues they've played at I liked Barton the best. Don't know why - I guess I've just seen some really great games played there.

three hog night

Karl Benson makes me sick.  He yanked the tournament out of Hot Spring's hands and gave it to New Orleans.  It is funny that the arena is empty for most games except for ULL.  The Tournament should have stayed in HS or moved to Little Rock so it could be closer to more schools.
Petrino left a mess and Bielema is trying to fill in the talent gaps.  Anderson finally has some talent to work with.  He needs more at select positions and that will come in the next recruiting class. 
Posters that think they are Jim Rhome are ruining message boards.

hoglady

Quote from: three hog night on March 15, 2014, 08:11:29 am
Karl Benson makes me sick.  He yanked the tournament out of Hot Spring's hands and gave it to New Orleans.  It is funny that the arena is empty for most games except for ULL.  The Tournament should have stayed in HS or moved to Little Rock so it could be closer to more schools.

Hot Springs did a nice job with the tournament. Looks like they've decided NO will have it every year from here on out. The locals will only go to see ULL. I'm gonna try to track down attendance figures after it's over and see if they do any better in New Orleans.

pigture perfect

Quote from: Pigsear on March 14, 2014, 10:37:08 pm
I'm A Hog fan all the way, to hell with the rest of them.
Then why enter a thread that clearly says that it's about UALR and ASU and make a comment like this? I don't know if the Hogs can afford to have a fan as brilliant as you.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

Rawker

I've never gotten into the refs excuses before the last couple of days, but if the refs in the Hogs-SC had let them play like they did in the LR-ASU game, Hogs would have won by 10.  Somehow a guy with the ball swinging his elbows around between two guys with their hands straight up now becomes a foul on the guys standing there.  Happened 4-5 times when the Hogs had the ball handler completely befuddled, resulting in 10 FTs.  The ASU-LR refs were letting the players be the entertainment, but SEC refs seem to fancy themselves rock stars.

Sweet Feet

Quote from: pigture perfect on March 15, 2014, 12:27:26 pm
Then why enter a thread that clearly says that it's about UALR and ASU and make a comment like this? I don't know if the Hogs can afford to have a fan as brilliant as you.
+1
Sounds like self esteem issues for that guy

Jborohog09

Quote from: three hog night on March 15, 2014, 08:11:29 am

Benson has made it pretty clear that he only loves U-La-La and will kiss up to them any chance he gets.  He pretty much had the rule changed that the New Orleans Bowl doesn't have to take the conference champion, now he's moved the basketball tournament to their backyard.

hoglady

Quote from: Rawker on March 15, 2014, 12:34:32 pm
I've never gotten into the refs excuses before the last couple of days, but if the refs in the Hogs-SC had let them play like they did in the LR-ASU game, Hogs would have won by 10.  Somehow a guy with the ball swinging his elbows around between two guys with their hands straight up now becomes a foul on the guys standing there.  Happened 4-5 times when the Hogs had the ball handler completely befuddled, resulting in 10 FTs.  The ASU-LR refs were letting the players be the entertainment, but SEC refs seem to fancy themselves rock stars.

If the sunbelt refs had called as tight a game as the SEC refs did - by the 4th OT it might have been a 3 on 2 basketball game. I assume you can play with fewer than 5 if you don't have any players left.