Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Basketball Recruiting article

Started by The_Bionic_Pig, March 14, 2014, 04:38:13 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Bionic_Pig

█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

The_Iceman

What I don't understand about Dudley is he lists Babb at 6'5", but the scout link for him lists his at 6'4". For Beard, he lists 6'1" but the scout link says 6'0". Thompson he says 6'10", link says 6'9". Not that the 1 inch matters, just funny how he inflates it.

ricepig

Quote from: The_Iceman on March 14, 2014, 04:50:30 pm
What I don't understand about Dudley is he lists Babb at 6'5", but the scout link for him lists his at 6'4". For Beard, he lists 6'1" but the scout link says 6'0". Thompson he says 6'10", link says 6'9". Not that the 1 inch matters, just funny how he inflates it.

When you're 5'9" like he is, you try to make everyone an inch taller.

OnTheHillHogFan

Thompson measured at 6'10 this past summer according to Dudley and it wouldn't surprise me if Babb was 6'5 now because he looked like he was a couple inches taller than bell back in the fall at a game.
Quote from: JaketheSnake on November 07, 2012, 10:28:17 am
Shoot the Obama deer... the ones that come for the free corn.
Quote from: ReddieHawg on November 06, 2013, 09:38:24 am
Do you happen to have any rapping skills? I think we could set you up with DJ Khaled and you could make a song entitled, "All I Do Is Bitch"

YouCrawl_IQuall

Thompson is taller then Portis.

Hogimus Prime

Quote from: YouCrawl_IQuall on March 14, 2014, 06:31:32 pm
Thompson is taller then Portis.

If thats the case then Thompson might be close to 6'11" in shoes cause Portis measured 6'9 1/2" without shoes at a camp last year.

Hawg Red

Taller than Portis?? I don't know about that.

YouCrawl_IQuall

Quote from: Hawg Red on March 14, 2014, 06:57:31 pm
Taller than Portis?? I don't know about that.

That's what people who have seen them together have said

TheRazorbackGuy

Quote from: YouCrawl_IQuall on March 14, 2014, 07:07:52 pm

He is not as talented as Portis

bobcat ball

WOO PIG

Hawg Red

Quote from: YouCrawl_IQuall on March 14, 2014, 07:07:52 pm

I guess we shall see.

azhog10

Quote from: TheRazorbackGuy on March 14, 2014, 08:05:45 pm
Really? I would have guessed the other way since Thompson was so good that he didn't get invited to the McD AA game.

Hawg Red

Quote from: azhog10 on March 14, 2014, 08:35:37 pm
Really? I would have guessed the other way since Thompson was so good that he didn't get invited to the McD AA game.

Hearing he's a shoe-in for the Rally's All-American game, though.

onebadrubi

Quote from: Hawg Red on March 14, 2014, 08:57:11 pm
Hearing he's a shoe-in for the Rally's All-American game, though.

I think he turned it down for the Carl's JR/harde's best half of ball. 

Why even make the dumb comments ina decent thread? 

Rawker

Ya'll just better be happy to have Trey - if nothing else he's the best big man in the state this year.  He may be a bit of a project, but UA needs to have the last word on any kid from AR that can dominate the way he and Beard have this year, and despite the fact that their not back on top yet, making sure they always have dibs on the best in the state will get them there, and I think MA and staff are doing pretty well with that.  Chances are half-way decent they get Allen and Monk too, and in that case I think the Hogs will be competing for conference championships by then.

tophawg19

i'd like to see TREY come in and fill the old Roosevelt  Wallace role as a banger . When he fouled you , you felt it for days . he got his monies worth. he was good for some minutes and good rebounds .
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: tophawg19 on March 14, 2014, 10:55:59 pm
i'd like to see TREY come in and fill the old Roosevelt  Wallace role as a banger . When he fouled you , you felt it for days . he got his monies worth. he was good for some minutes and good rebounds .

+1
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

razorbackfanatic

Jordan was 6'4" 1/2 bare foot but was always listed at 6'6" which is his height with shoes on. Charles Barkley is the exact same height. Bobby was 6'9"1/2 bare foot so he'll probably be listed at 6'11" in the NBA. The NBA rosters, playing cards etc go with the shoes on height.

Dirty

COCHISE

I wouldn't care if he averaged 2 pts per game if he can just rebound the ball and be a defensive presence around the rim.

YouCrawl_IQuall

He's a better passer and has more post moves then Portis

Marshfieldhog

Portis needs to learn a few post moves IMO.

oldhawgs

3kgthog

Quote from: YouCrawl_IQuall on March 15, 2014, 08:57:36 am
He's a better passer and has more post moves then Portis

While playing much lesser competition.

mhuff

Temprees

Quote from: tophawg19 on March 14, 2014, 10:55:59 pm
One of Roosevelt's more memorable fouls was when he double tomahawked an offensive player on a fast break.  He body checked him at the same time.  I think it was a Missouri player.  Wallace wiped that player out before he could think about jumping. 

gmarv

if thompson can just come get some minutes, we may be able to see if portis and kingsley will work togather on the floor at the same time.

mhuff

Quote from: gmarv on March 31, 2014, 08:09:51 am
if thompson can just come get some minutes, we may be able to see if portis and kingsley will work togather on the floor at the same time.

I have thought that Thompson has a lot of potential. If he is willing to work, his future is ahead of him. Kingsley impresses me. I am a huge fan because I think he has the work ethic and mentality for the game. He impresses me as the type of player who knows that anything from life is going to have to be earned. Nothing will be given to you. Please excuse me too ,but I believe he knows that God has given him abilities that he does not want to abuse nor neglect. I am a huge fan.