Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Stan Heath just got fired

Started by Hawg Red, March 14, 2014, 01:46:00 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawg Red

yraciv

Ouch! Saw it coming though. Best of luck to Heath, and hope he lands on his feet soon.  The guy can coach some, and is a great guy.  He is just really bad at landing big time players.  If his son wants to pull a Gulley and transfer in, and come play point for us in 2 years I'd be happy to take him.

WilsonHog

ImHogginIt

Quote from: yraciv on March 14, 2014, 01:47:50 pm
Ouch! Saw it coming though. Best of luck to Heath, and hope he lands on his feet soon.  The guy can coach some, and is a great guy.  He is just really bad at landing big time players.  If his son wants to pull a Gulley and transfer in, and come play point for us in 2 years I'd be happy to take him.

Lands on his feet ?  ;D

He's made some really good $$$ the past 12 years. Doubt he's off his feet at all

yraciv

Quote from: ImHogginIt on March 14, 2014, 02:03:09 pm
Lands on his feet ?  ;D

He's made some really good $$$ the past 12 years. Doubt he's off his feet at all

Yeah I think he'll do okay regardless, but I do think he enjoys this coaching thing and won't just hang it up.

TheRazorbackGuy

Quote from: Hawg Red on March 14, 2014, 01:46:00 pm
Twitter.

LoL.... South Florida never went to the tournament until he got there. Good luck at his next landing spot

songofthesword

stan heath how do you feel about being fired from south florida?

moses_007

I doubt Stan's a very happy camper right now.

hvsupastar

Let's reach out to him as an assistant
"Do not believe everything you read on the internet just because it has quotations next to the image of someone prominent" - Abraham Lincoln

Hawg Red

TheRazorbackGuy

Quote from: songofthesword on March 14, 2014, 02:40:18 pm

That's funny but goung 6-30 the last years in conference play will likely get you fired

poloprince

I hate it for the guy....good fella
$PoLoPrInCe$

jabberjawls

Is Stan Mike's 2nd cousin or anything?

TheRazorbackGuy

Quote from: poloprince on March 14, 2014, 03:05:05 pm
I hate it for the guy....good fella

He is a nice guy. When I was waiting tables at smokey bones about a decade ago he would come in and was a nice classy guy

PorkRinds

He had multiple 21 win seasons at USF, with an NCAAT bid and an NIT bid.  Do they think they are Kentucky or what?

TheRazorbackGuy

Quote from: PorkRinds on March 14, 2014, 03:10:33 pm
He had multiple 21 win seasons at USF, with an NCAAT bid and an NIT bid.  Do they think they are Kentucky or what?

PorkHinds, I think South Glorida never played post season basketball till Heath got there

WilsonHog

TheRazorbackGuy

Temprees

Had not seen this picture in a while.  When I saw it, the first thing that crossed my mind was the work of DEVICE HIGH.

Porkem

I became pretty good friends with Carl Baker and Charles Tatum. Tatum didn't have a lot of good things to say about his coaching ability. Said the players described him as a "laptop wussy" or more specifically, the dirty word that rhymes with wussy.
"Due to current economic conditions, Porkem has decided to file for moral bankruptcy."

Hawg Red

Quote from: PorkRinds on March 14, 2014, 03:10:33 pm

Pretty much what I'm thinking. I understand the last two seasons have been bad, but we're talking about a school with 3 total NCAA appearance with Heath being responsible for the most recent. And he even won their only NCAA tournament games. Figured he'd have more slack than that.

TheRazorbackGuy

Quote from: Temprees on March 08, 2014, 09:12:20 am
Rightly so.  If they have the right to bash Anderson, as they did, and we're proven to be both wrong, AND foolish, then don't get upset when others point out how wrong AND foolish they were.

Nice you come out of hiding Temprees.

hoginator

Quote from: TheRazorbackGuy on March 14, 2014, 02:56:17 pm
That's funny but goung 6-30 the last years in conference play will likely get you fired
He was just trying to keep fresh legs...
Someone who doesn't stand for something will fall for anything...

SPAL

Quote from: Porkem on March 14, 2014, 03:19:57 pm
I became pretty good friends with Carl Baker and Charles Tatum. Tatum didn't have a lot of good things to say about his coaching ability. Said the players described him as a "laptop wussy" or more specifically, the dirty word that rhymes with wussy.

That's unfortunate. But since it's coming from one of the best razorbacks ever to suit up, I'll believe it.

PonderinHog

Well that wasn't very PC of them to say that, Porkem.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Birminghog

What does that mean?  And yes, I did try to Google it, unsuccessfully.

PonderinHog

Quote from: Birminghog on March 14, 2014, 09:18:08 pm
Nerd?

Ramtough

Only 2 kinds of coaches, The ones that got fired and the ones that are going to get fired.

Steelhawg

"All things good or bad will come to an end. Except time."Roger Waters

Mick Hogger

Quote from: Birminghog on March 14, 2014, 09:18:08 pm

Mulva?
Quote from: forrest city joe on Today at 10:06:10 am
ok i get you. but do you have to post it over and over and over and over? and for the 100th time. Mike is going to be coach here no matter if you like it or not.

TomasPistola

Quote from: Hog Momster on January 06, 2011, 09:45:30 pm
You were right.
Quote from: Breems on April 28, 2011, 05:58:14 pm
You did a great job.
Quote from: Verge on June 22, 2011, 08:44:20 am
If you have some form of mental retardation i will stop making fun of you, just want to clarify this first.

Smithian

I always hate when former players rip on coaches.

Stan Heath would probably say Tatum wasn't exactly John Wall himself.

PonderinHog

MikePiazza

Heath got a raw deal here. He should've been given one more year.

That being said, he should've never been hired in the first place.
Identity theft is not a joke, Jim. Millions of families suffer every year.

TomasPistola

Quote from: MikePiazza on March 14, 2014, 11:22:05 pm

Pretty well stated. He was boring as hell though.
Quote from: Hog Momster on January 06, 2011, 09:45:30 pm
You were right.
Quote from: Breems on April 28, 2011, 05:58:14 pm
You did a great job.
Quote from: Verge on June 22, 2011, 08:44:20 am
If you have some form of mental retardation i will stop making fun of you, just want to clarify this first.

weresoclose

LET ME SEE YOUR WAR FACE!!!!!!!!

MikePiazza

Quote from: TomasPistola on March 14, 2014, 11:22:54 pm
Pretty well stated. He was boring as hell though.

Indeed, but if you go watch those 2007 Alabama highlights, that wasn't boring basketball at all.

I think because his tenure didn't go as well as people would've liked, revisionist history says he was boring and fans didn't care.

Although I don't remember being bored when the Hogs beat the No. 10 team twice in 2006 or went on their SECT run in '07.

Quote from: hvsupastar on March 14, 2014, 02:44:41 pm
Let's reach out to him as an assistant

NONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONO

READ THIS VERY SLOWLY TILL IT SINKS IN. HE IS THE OPPOSITE OF MA

weresoclose

Quote from: MikePiazza on March 14, 2014, 11:29:56 pm
Indeed, but if you go watch those 2007 Alabama highlights, that wasn't boring basketball at all.

I think because his tenure didn't go as well as people would've liked, revisionist history says he was boring and fans didn't care.

Although I don't remember being bored when the Hogs beat the No. 10 team twice in 2006 or went on their SECT run in '07.

I do.  Attendance figures agree.

MikePiazza

Quote from: weresoclose on March 14, 2014, 11:33:05 pm
I do.  Attendance figures agree.

Haha want me to dig those out again? That's revisionist history too.

Quote from: MikePiazza on March 14, 2014, 11:22:05 pm

he actually got a very sweet deal with a miniscule resume.
he destroyed our apr. the program was in shambles so much so dana altman took
one whiff and went back home.

MikePiazza

Quote from: avatar on March 14, 2014, 11:35:21 pm
he actually got a very sweet deal with a miniscule resume.
he destroyed our apr. the program was in shambles so much so dana altman took
one whiff and went back home.

It was a very poor academic environment, I'll give you that.

But he had to take chances on guys who could return the program to respectability, and they did that.

yraciv

Quote from: avatar on March 14, 2014, 11:31:52 pm
NONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONO

READ THIS VERY SLOWLY TILL IT SINKS IN. HE IS THE OPPOSITE OF MA

Well he does teach guys how to rebound. If that is all he brings it would be worth it.

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on March 14, 2014, 03:34:34 pm
That's unfortunate. But since it's coming from one of the best razorbacks ever to suit up, I'll believe it.

Who is this "one of the best Razorbacks ever to suit up" you speak of?

joeyself

A shame.  Whenever I saw USF was on TV, I'd watch the Fighting Stanleys a few minutes.  I wished him well while he was here, and still do.

JcS
"Real failure always starts with someone doing something stupid."  Anna Conroy in SLINGS AND ARROWS

Dirty

Maybe the Mike haters would want him back.

3kgthog

It might not be a horrible idea if he were an assistant here. He did recruit the heck out of and sign two McD's AAs in Famutimi and Jefferson. We never had a shot of Al not going pro, but at least Stan got the signature.

rude1

That's and impossible job, I am surprised he had the moderate level of  success he did have there and lasted as long as he did. That is a job you go to make a paycheck for a few years and get fired ultimately.