Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

This Week's Column: Home-Grown Talent Can Make Razorbacks Roll Again

Started by Jim Harris, March 14, 2014, 01:33:48 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim Harris

"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

Mick Hogger

Quote from: forrest city joe on Today at 10:06:10 am
ok i get you. but do you have to post it over and over and over and over? and for the 100th time. Mike is going to be coach here no matter if you like it or not.

forrest city joe

If they would all come together and commit to help building another NC kind of program for their home state team.it's in their hands if they want to do this. or if they want to run out of state and help someone else.

Chic-Hog-Oh

What a great article, full of thorough research, new info, balanced perspective, and a personal touch that made me feel I was there in Barton Coliseum, 40 years ago.

You really know your readers, Jim, and how to write with clarity, style and ethos.

Big kudos.

Dr. Starcs

Good article 

But I did hear the same thing from Wally Hall 4 years ago.

BadHog

Interesting read. Hope Malik lives up to the hype and stays in NWA. What's the status of the other young stud Kevaughn Allen? Would like both to be Hogs.
"Rumors are started by haters, spread by the fools and accepted by idiots."

TMc

Jim Harris

"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

bkjbearcat

Gregg Marshall I bet would recruit better in state then MA.
B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S BEARCATS, BEARCATS GOOOOOOO BEARCATS!!!!!!!<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Football: 1998, 1999, 2009, 2013, 2015, 2016<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Mens Basketball: 2017, 2019, No.1 team in 2020,2021, 2022

Hawg Red

Quote from: BadHog on March 15, 2014, 02:48:20 pm
Interesting read. Hope Malik lives up to the hype and stays in NWA. What's the status of the other young stud Kevaughn Allen? Would like both to be Hogs.

KeVaughn has committed to play for Florida.

EDIT: Just saw your inquiry was from two months ago. So I'm sure you know by now.

Rzbakfromwaybak

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on March 15, 2014, 01:29:54 pm

Good article 

But I did hear the same thing from Wally Hall 4 years ago.

Who's Wally Hall..?
Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.

BadHog

Quote from: Hawg Red on May 15, 2014, 12:17:16 am
KeVaughn has committed to play for Florida.

EDIT: Just saw your inquiry was from two months ago. So I'm sure you know by now.

Yes and there is an interesting story there....
"Rumors are started by haters, spread by the fools and accepted by idiots."

SemperFi

Quote from: BadHog on May 17, 2014, 09:46:29 pm
Yes and there is an interesting story there....

Interested to here the story....so, please share.

Nice article Jim, really enjoyed it. I would have read it much sooner, but just found it when it was resurrected by BadHog.

I believe that Arkansas has the HS talent in basketball year in and year out to get us back on top. I just don't understand why these kids are so hell bent on leaving Arkansas when they have the same if not even more of an opportunity to succeed right here. Maybe K. Allen will see the light and change his mind learning from what he's seen from other kids that believed that they were "stars" and better than the UA. If it's true about history repeating itself then we're due.
Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem. - Ronald Reagan

Smithian

Final Four Florida picks up 5* out Arkansas = CHEATERS

NIT Arkansas maybe picks up Whitt out of Missouri = Awesome recruiters, great connections, hard work.

TomBigBeeHog

I spent most of my life drankin', gamblin', and chasing women, the rest I just wasted.

hoglady

Quote from: TomBigBeeHog on May 19, 2014, 07:29:35 pm
Probably why KeVaughn moved on. Not enough room for him at the point with Beard and Durham coming in.

That's what Ron Crawford said the other day on Drivetime. More room at the point going to Florida.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

Hawg Red

Durham would have been gone by his sophomore year and Madden would be gone by the time he got to campus. Not buying that one, though I did hear well before he committed to Florida that signing Beard hurt our chances but I took that has maybe he doesn't like playing will Beard in particular. Who knows if that's true or not, but Florida's going to have as many guys competing for PT as there would be at Arkansas.

rusvegashog

I would assume and this is going out on a limb that he is going to Florida because well they're Florida.

hoglady

Quote from: rusvegashog on May 20, 2014, 01:03:41 pm
I would assume and this is going out on a limb that he is going to Florida because well there Florida.

Yep you're probably right.
But in state talking heads don't want to come out say he's not going to Arkansas because they've been pitiful for a decade.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

TomBigBeeHog

There are many reasons why kids go out of state. Some have never been outside of the state for any extended time period. I hope he finds what he is looking for there but once he signs with another team my interest in him drops to almost zero.
I spent most of my life drankin', gamblin', and chasing women, the rest I just wasted.

rusvegashog

Allen's super talented from what I've seen I really wanted him and especially King, but even if Arkansas had been better than they have been Ill never hold it against a kid for leaving to go to a premeir program, and that's what Florida is. It's a brave new world and playing for your home school doesn't hold the same appeal as it once did, especially if your home school is not an elite  program. Having said all that I'm on record several times as being a Mike Anderson guy, but more and more I think there might be something to this whole deal w him or the style of play(minutes played etc.) that is not susceptible to getting top recruits.idk. If I was an incoming freshmen and USC/Duke/Stanford/Hawaii any of these great places to live wanted me and the Hogs wanted me(and I'm all Hog for 30 plus years now) I'm not sure I would choose to spend the next 2 to 4 years in Fayetville.

Ray Piggers

I'm basically Darkwing Duck