Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Jabril Durham to Arkansas

Started by muddhogger, March 13, 2014, 09:58:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Danny J

Quote from: The_Iceman on March 14, 2014, 03:20:46 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXpyhNcVaEo&feature=youtube_gdata_player

#4 for the red/orange.
He doesn't look 6'1" to me. Maybe a couple inches shorter or maybe its the distortion of the video.

HawgAdvocate

Quote from: ricepig on March 14, 2014, 04:11:05 pm
It says the ball was shared by more, thus more points this season.

Not sure what "it" is supposed to be, but the point remains that B.J. created quite bit in his final season and he did pass far more than many give him credit for; he certainly created far more than anyone else did, especially over the past few seasons.

There are a number of different factors as to why this team scored more points. That's an entirely different discussion. My work is done here.
"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

-Blu

The_Iceman

Quote from: Danny J (headhawg7) on March 14, 2014, 04:11:28 pm
He doesn't look 6'1" to me. Maybe a couple inches shorter or maybe its the distortion of the video.

I think 6'0" or 6'1" is about right.

ricepig

Quote from: HawgAdvocate on March 14, 2014, 04:15:21 pm
Not sure what "it" is supposed to be, but the point remains that B.J. created quite bit in his final season and he did pass far more than many give him credit for; he certainly created far more than anyone else did, especially over the past few seasons.

There are a number of different factors as to why this team scored more points. That's an entirely different discussion. My work is done here.

He had the ball in his hands, thus the ability to create more. Now, most of the time, he had to because of the lack of offense. My point in the beginning was I wanted a BJ that passed more, I don't care how many assists he had.

sickboy

Quote from: MissippHog on March 14, 2014, 03:46:22 pm
Same can be said for the majority of all recruits out there. No one knows how any of them are going to pan out.

This is true. I just think there is more pressure put on JUCOs to perform immediately because they aren't coming from High School. They have a shorter rope with fans, but in reality -- it's the same odds they'll pan out. 50/50.

The_Iceman

Quote from: -Blu on March 14, 2014, 04:17:32 pm
Here's another Durham video, full game.

http://www.ihigh.com/jets/broadcast_333574.html?silverlight=1

Stat line for that game:
24 points (5-17 shooting), 13-14 FTs, 1-6 three. Not his best night shooting.

SamBuckhart

Good FT %. How was he for the season? Welcome Mr Durham> Glad you are a HOG. :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:
BE TRUE TO YOUR SCHOOL. THE UNIVERSITY OF ARKANSAS!!!  WOOO PIG!!!

SamBuckhart

Welcome Mr Durham. Thanks for being a HOG!
BE TRUE TO YOUR SCHOOL. THE UNIVERSITY OF ARKANSAS!!!  WOOO PIG!!!

azhog10

Doesn't CMA have a pretty good track record with JUCO's? I can think of a few that he has signed that have panned out pretty good for him. Before CMA we always seemed to be hit or miss and more miss than hit.

Nipsey Mussle

Breems

Quote from: HawgAdvocate on March 14, 2014, 04:15:21 pm

HA debating the meaning of "it."

Anyone want to guess who his favorite president is?
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

Hooch

Quote from: Kevin on March 14, 2014, 02:02:37 pm
juco's in general are a crap shoot. you never know what how they are going to pan out

Nobody better question Kevin he has coached for national championships and is beyond question. 

Danny J

Quote from: Breems on March 14, 2014, 09:17:53 pm

Hugo Chavez?

Rawker

Watched both games of him.  Looks like a strong leader and is definitely a bold quarterback on the floor.  I felt like he was always looking for the open man, yet he still made a boatload of points.  Made some killer, needle-threading passes.

tophawg19

Quote from: The_Iceman on March 14, 2014, 08:19:53 am
If a plan C PG scores 21 ppg, shoots 44% from 3, along with 7 asts and 5 rebs per game....then I'll take it.

Just wondering, have you even seen him play?
When you think about most players are plan c . you don't often get the big name player that everyone wants so you move down the list till you get the one you want. all teams do it . if you miss on micheal Jordan and Lebron James but get Durrant that wouldn't be a bad plan c would it ?
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

Danny J

Quote from: tophawg19 on March 14, 2014, 10:34:08 pm
When you think about most players are plan c . you don't often get the big name player that everyone wants so you move down the list till you get the one you want. all teams do it . if you miss on micheal Jordan and Lebron James but get Durrant that wouldn't be a bad plan c would it ?
So basically what I took from your post is that Durham is as good as Durant. That is awesome. We need a Durant type player on this team.

tophawg19

i'm saying that most players are going to fall into the plan C category which isn't a big deal. As long as the kid can shoot and pass the ball , he helps . he rebounds well to . he is just an all around balanced guy . we needed him. I liked Miller a bit better but his height might have been a problem on defense

Smithian

Benjamin Harrison?

Danny J

Quote from: tophawg19 on March 14, 2014, 10:42:56 pm
i'm saying that most players are going to fall into the plan C category which isn't a big deal. As long as the kid can shoot and pass the ball , he helps . he rebounds well to . he is just an all around balanced guy . we needed him. I liked Miller a bit better but his height might have been a problem on defense
I was being facetious  ;D

I understood you

Nipsey Mussle

Quote from: Danny J (headhawg7) on March 14, 2014, 10:37:48 pm
So basically what I took from your post is that Durham is as good as Durant. That is awesome. We need a Durant type player on this team.
Their names are similar, that's a good start!

Danny J

Quote from: BBsTheMan on March 14, 2014, 11:36:59 pm
Their names are similar, that's a good start!
Hell if thats the case I wonder if we can borrow Korliss from the football team?

-Blu

Here's another video of Jabril Durham, non-basketball related, him sitting and reading a scripture.  Very well spoken and good christian kid, hope he does well here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wWk9CiWoY0

HawgAdvocate

Dennis Martinez?
"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: BBsTheMan on March 13, 2014, 11:08:40 pm
Wait, what? How can you think that and also know it's more likely not to happen? If you know it's not likely, then you can't think that, right?

It's the old; "See, I told you I was right"; pre-post...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

MGB1229

Quote from: Rawker on March 14, 2014, 10:26:37 pm
Watched both games of him.  Looks like a strong leader and is definitely a bold quarterback on the floor.  I felt like he was always looking for the open man, yet he still made a boatload of points.  Made some killer, needle-threading passes.

Yeah,  I watched them too and he is what we need.  He seems to do a lot of things really well.  Will be great having him and Beard next year.

The real Hogules

Quote from: tophawg19 on March 14, 2014, 10:42:56 pm

Yes,  but all plan "C's" are NOT created =!
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

10thPlanet

Seen Durham play this year against Carl Albert. He's a true PG. 6'0-6-1 is accurate. He had a lot of boards, and always looked up court for the outlet. He can break the press on his own with his handles if needed. He has basketball smarts. Pass first, shoot second. Played solid man D. Stood out among more than one future D1 player on both teams.

Razorod

Quote from: dkwvike on March 16, 2014, 07:28:59 pm
Seen Durham play this year against Carl Albert. He's a true PG. 6'0-6-1 is accurate. He had a lot of boards, and always looked up court for the outlet. He can break the press on his own with his handles if needed. He has basketball smarts. Pass first, shoot second. Played solid man D. Stood out among more than one future D1 player on both teams.
thanks for your assessment. sounds like a solid player. Hopefully he and Beard will be able to help us finish games better next season.
Hoping the Hogs basketball fortunes change for the better this season.

The_Iceman

In watching his game film, I noticed the pass-first mentality as well. I like that fit on our team next year.

Boston RedHogs

Not trying to be argumentative here, but I remember the same kind of comments were posted on here about Dee Wagner coming out of HS in Louisiana. 

The comments on Wagner were that he was a solid PG, who involved his teammates, and played good D.  He was a winner and a leader on the floor who "outplayed" other high major D1 signees.  We were likely getting a late steal.  That hasn't exactly materialized.

I will say that Durham's offer list makes me feel a little better about him than I did about Wagner.

The Hogfather

Quote from: Boston RedHogs on March 17, 2014, 12:30:44 pm

Not trying to be argumentative here, but I remember the same kind of comments were posted on here about Dee Wagner coming out of HS in Louisiana. 

The comments on Wagner were that he was a solid PG, who involved his teammates, and played good D.  He was a winner and a leader on the floor who "outplayed" other high major D1 signees.  We were likely getting a late steal.  That hasn't exactly materialized.

I will say that Durham's offer list makes me feel a little better about him than I did about Wagner.

It was just one guy, from Wagner's hometown, if I remember correctly.  I remember trying to reason with him, but he wouldn't have any of it.

The Hogfather

Can you search on here anymore?

10thPlanet

Quote from: Boston RedHogs on March 17, 2014, 12:30:44 pm

That's just how recruiting goes. Things happen. School load, women, injuries, team chemistry, burnout. Seminole JC coach is a screamer, and imo a demeaning coach. There was a couple of times I thought he was losing the kids. I could be wrong they may love him to death, it's just not how I see things.  I hope that isn't something he needs, because that's not coach Anderson. They also have another kid on their team that can play, but he's a 2-3 and not a big need for us.

The_Iceman

Quote from: dkwvike on March 17, 2014, 12:44:08 pm
They also have another kid on their team that can play, but he's a 2-3 and not a big need for us.

The lefty?

Deuce Pigelow

so does Durham have 2 or 3 years left to play?

-Blu

rzrbackramsfan

I just saw him!!! I asked him if I could measure his height.  Great kid, let me do it. 6'3" barefoot!!!!

immahog

Quote from: rzrbackramsfan on March 28, 2014, 12:48:09 am
I just saw him!!! I asked him if I could measure his height.  Great kid, let me do it. 6'3" barefoot!!!!

link or it did not happen
No lions No tigers No bears.....ImmaHog

-Blu

Gotta give us more to this story.... Is he visiting?  Or are you in Dallas?  Also, you just randomly carry a tape measure around in case you how to measure someone's height?  But, anyways appreciate the information, that's really good news to hear he's taller than expected.  With him being a JUCO guy and playing in the NAIA, it is completely possible he's went the last couple of years without his height being measured since he left high school.

mhuff

Quote from: -Blu on March 28, 2014, 08:18:18 am
Gotta give us more to this story.... Is he visiting?  Or are you in Dallas?  Also, you just randomly carry a tape measure around in case you how to measure someone's height?  But, anyways appreciate the information, that's really good news to hear he's taller than expected.  With him being a JUCO guy and playing in the NAIA, it is completely possible he's went the last couple of years without his height being measured since he left high school.

That's going the extra mile..... er inch. +1

The_Iceman

Quote from: -Blu on March 28, 2014, 08:18:18 am

#15 is listed at 6'6" and #44 is listed at 6'7".

acey33

Quote from: -Blu on March 13, 2014, 10:53:49 pm
I completely agree, I think a true PG was the difference between us being on the wrong and right side of the bubble.  Really looking forward to next year with us having 2 true PG, and Ky Madden being free to be the two guard and just focus on scoring.

I Agree...I think Madden was really tired at the end of the season IMO. When we got on our roll and won 8 out of 9 games Madden with others were playing better than they had all year and towards the end of the year I think they're legs were gone from the style of play we were playing. Madden's shooting touch suffered along with some others.
Glad were getting some help in the guard position...WPS

Smithian

The_Iceman

-Blu

Quote from: The_Iceman on March 28, 2014, 10:14:31 am
Don't remember the last time I did this, but +1 to you!

I'd like a little more clarity myself.  This would be a weird story for someone to randomly make-up, so that's why I'm trying to leaning more towards maybe believing it.  And I know they said Jabril was suppose to be visiting soon.  But, I need some more clarity on this, like how do you see someone and be like "Hey, can I measure your height, I got a tape measure right here, also do you mind taking your shoes off... Thanks!"

I'm thinking maybe the real story is he seen Jabril and he looked taller than 6'1 and he asked him how tall her was, and that was that.

Scott7703

Quote from: The_Iceman on March 28, 2014, 08:49:32 am

#15 is listed at 6'6" and #44 is listed at 6'7".

Does that make #25 7'7?

By all accounts Durham is a quality player. I'm happy to have him. I personally like his game more than Dickerson minus the part that Willie Atwood might have been apart of dickersons game.

mhuff

Quote from: The Hogfather on March 17, 2014, 12:42:08 pm
Can you search on here anymore?

I believe they took that feature off. I suggested to Lanny that they take off karma and put back the search feature. It would be much more productive.

tophawg19

Quote from: The_Iceman on March 14, 2014, 04:21:13 pm
I think 6'0" or 6'1" is about right.

[/qu      big enough to get it done . hopefully he can rebound too

rzrbackramsfan

Yea not only was he 6'3" but he also said he's getting recruited because he's bringing a book of set plays.  Unfortunately I asked him to see the plays and it was just a bunch of chicken scratch on a nytimes crossword puzzle.  I'm truly sorry for the crowd that wants more set plays.