Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

April 26, 2024, 06:53:17 pm

The most GARBAGE Excuse

Started by TheRazorbackGuy, March 13, 2014, 07:23:49 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

MrPeanut41

Quote from: TheRazorbackGuy on March 14, 2014, 12:31:38 pm
Houston Nutt? Tell me since 2007 when I had a post on Houston Nutt. You cant find it

I was refering to your *misspelling* of my name.  Perhaps it wasn't intentional.  Purely Freudian??

Letsroll1200

Quote from: pigture perfect on March 14, 2014, 11:12:09 am
but WS is not a top 20 lifetime basketball school. We expect more.

Maybe true but they have been more relevant in basketball than the razorbacks have been in the last 10 years.

Wichita State in the last 10 years

4 NIT berths - NIT Championship

3 NCAA berths - 1 Final Four and 1 Sweet 16.

Greg Marshall came to Wichita State after Mark Turgeon. Mark Turgeon was two years removed from taking his team to the sweet 16.

Arkansas in the last 10 years

3 NCAA berths - 2 First Round exits and 1 Tournament win.

Mike Anderson came to Arkansas after John Pelphrey. John Pelphrey is a assistant coach for the Florida Gators.

Do you understand that the program at Arkansas was in a worse condition than Wichita State in Kansas? Regardless of our tradition and ancient history its going to take time to build this basketball program.

TheRazorbackGuy

Quote from: MrPeanut41 on March 14, 2014, 12:43:19 pm
I was refering to your *misspelling* of my name.  Perhaps it wasn't intentional.  Purely Freudian??

It was just an honest mistake. But to say our team is Young is Garbage

Dickson

March 14, 2014, 04:04:22 pm #53 Last Edit: March 14, 2014, 06:34:30 pm by Dickson
I'm gunna say this:  THIS TEAM HELD A RATTLE SNAKE AND PUT IT TO THEIR OWN NECK! If our own coaching staff even knew what these kids were doing until 3:30 a.m Saturday morning before the outrageously, terrible loss to Alabama! THEY DON"T KNOW THOUGH!! THEY THINK THE TEAM'S GOT A GUY IN THE HOTEL GIVING HAIRCUTS?!?! Nolan would NEVER allow the type of things that Mike does with his teams. If they ever got out of line they would have to wrestle a bear. This guy lets them walk all over him. You don't think these kids partied their butts off after the Sr. night win at Bud? They binged out! They kept partying all the way to Tuscaloosa and found a way to keep the party going. LOOK at the 1st half of Bama.. these kids are dribbling the ball with closed fists, passing out of bounds, missing EVERYTHING they possibly could. So much GARBAGE! No real dedication! I LOVE CMA, but he let them get away with it! It's too bad they couldn't keep focused. They initiated and held the snake to bite them. They don't deserve to play another game. Maybe our current AD will send another message to the NIT committee like last time we were "Not Invited" as "not the standard of our program". They don't deserve another game.

Letsroll1200

Quote from: Dickson on March 14, 2014, 04:04:22 pm
I'm gunna say this:  THIS TEAM HELD A RATTLE SNAKE AND PUT IT TO THEIR OWN NECK! If our own coaching staff even knew what these kids were doing untill 3:30 a.m Saturday morning before the outrageously, terrible loss to Alabama! THEY DON"T KNOW THOUGH!! THEY THINK THE TEAM'S GOT A GUY IN THE HOTEL GIVING HAIRCUTS?!?! Nolan would NEVER allow the type of things that Mike does with his teams. If they ever got out of line they would have to wrestle a bear. This guy lets them walk all over him. You don't think these kids partied their butts off after the Sr. night win at Bud? They binged out! They kept partying all the way to Tuscaloosa and found a way to keep the party going. LOOK at the 1st half of Bama.. these kids are dribbling the ball with closed fists, passing out of bounds, missing EVERYTHING they possibly could. So much GARBAGE! No real dedication! I LOVE CMA, but he let them get away with it! It's too bad they couldn't keep focused. They initiated and held the snake to bite them. They don't deserve to play another game. Maybe our current AD will send another message to the NIT committee like last time we were "Not Invited" as "not the standard of our program". They don't deserve another game. Go AWAY!

LOL!!!!  What was you doing?

TheRazorbackGuy

I'm gunna say this:  THIS TEAM HELD A RATTLE SNAKE AND PUT IT TO THEIR OWN NECK! If our own coaching staff even knew what these kids were doing untill 3:30 a.m Saturday morning before the outrageously, terrible loss to Alabama! THEY DON"T KNOW THOUGH!! THEY THINK THE TEAM'S GOT A GUY IN THE HOTEL GIVING HAIRCUTS?!?! Nolan would NEVER allow the type of things that Mike does with his teams. If they ever got out of line they would have to wrestle a bear. This guy lets them walk all over him. You don't think these kids partied their butts off after the Sr. night win at Bud? They binged out! They kept partying all the way to Tuscaloosa and found a way to keep the party going. LOOK at the 1st half of Bama.. these kids are dribbling the ball with closed fists, passing out of bounds, missing EVERYTHING they possibly could. So much GARBAGE! No real dedication! I LOVE CMA, but he let them get away with it! It's too bad they couldn't keep focused. They initiated and held the snake to bite them. They don't deserve to play another game. Maybe our current AD will send another message to the NIT committee like last time we were "Not Invited" as "not the standard of our program". They don't deserve another game. Go AWAY!

Why are the players messing with snakes?

TheRazorbackGuy

Quote from: FineAsSwine on March 14, 2014, 12:38:39 pm
You are more likely to have high discourse with a box of rocks than with this supposed Razorbackguy. Making sense out of his mental eruptions is hopeless.

Cue twilight zone intro:
Ladies and Gentlemen, you're entering the wondrous dimension of imagination. . . Next stop The Twilight Zone."

FineAs$wine, your grade of a B is worthy of you kicking rocks and then picking up the larger rocks and smashing them upside your head. This was sad and your sweet sixteen prediction was even sadder

Dickson

You are more likely to have high discourse with a box of rocks than with this supposed Razorbackguy. Making sense out of his mental eruptions is hopeless.

Cue twilight zone intro:
Ladies and Gentlemen, you're entering the wondrous dimension of imagination. . . Next stop The Twilight Zone."

I've been to the show, we just gotta let it go. GO.. go.. away..

Cue out twilight zone music.

azhog10

Quote from: TheRazorbackGuy on March 13, 2014, 07:43:17 pm
But the fans calling in radio shows saying we are young are blabbering off a lot of nonsense
You should probably stay away from the radio shows for a while. Have you checked with a doctor about a possible bipolar disorder though?

Dickson

TheRazorbackGuy

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: FineAsSwine on March 14, 2014, 11:42:20 am
Why stop there, what about Naismith?

Practice would be too slow to learn anything because they have to get the ladder out to get the ball out of the peach basket.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

deserthog

TMc

Quote from: Danny J (headhawg7) on March 13, 2014, 07:25:27 pm
I said before the game we would have a hard time dealing with the pressure and would likely come out and play tight. We haven't dealt well with pressure situations in 5 years. The only pressure game we won this year was at Vandy and maybe MSU.

At Kentucky also

Danny J

Quote from: TMc on March 16, 2014, 12:07:47 am
At Kentucky also
Well I don't think anybody was picking them to win that game and most people were happy, including myself going into that game, if we could just keep it reasonably close. So I don't think there was a ton of pressure on them to win that game. Who really knows the answers? I know I don't but just my gut feeling is the team had a huge monkey off their back winning at Vandy and MSU then played Mizzou to 1pt at the end and won a some more at home. Maybe they just got hot down the stretch then became complacent. Just don't know.

TheRazorbackGuy

The most garbage of all excuses now we making the mickey mouse tournament

TheRazorbackGuy

Cue twilight zone intro:

From the most garbage oster

Snouty

TheRazorbackGuy

I'm gunna say this:  THIS TEAM HELD A RATTLE SNAKE AND PUT IT TO THEIR OWN NECK! If our own coaching staff even knew what these kids were doing until 3:30 a.m Saturday morning before the outrageously, terrible loss to Alabama! THEY DON"T KNOW THOUGH!! THEY THINK THE TEAM'S GOT A GUY IN THE HOTEL GIVING HAIRCUTS?!?! Nolan would NEVER allow the type of things that Mike does with his teams. If they ever got out of line they would have to wrestle a bear. This guy lets them walk all over him. You don't think these kids partied their butts off after the Sr. night win at Bud? They binged out! They kept partying all the way to Tuscaloosa and found a way to keep the party going. LOOK at the 1st half of Bama.. these kids are dribbling the ball with closed fists, passing out of bounds, missing EVERYTHING they possibly could. So much GARBAGE! No real dedication! I LOVE CMA, but he let them get away with it! It's too bad they couldn't keep focused. They initiated and held the snake to bite them. They don't deserve to play another game. Maybe our current AD will send another message to the NIT committee like last time we were "Not Invited" as "not the standard of our program". They don't deserve another game.

What did they do at Berkley?

PorkSoda

Quote from: TheRazorbackGuy on March 13, 2014, 07:23:49 pm
Saying we are a young team when we get beat by teams younger than the Hogs. Seven upper classmen including 5 seniors in 13 schlorships. Saying we are losing because we are young is the weakest excuse fans calling radio shows and posting on message boards. This team choked because they could deal with pressure.
there is a difference from saying that we're losing because we are young and that we have a some good young talent that when mature should produce a solid team.

anyway, honestly the team performed over my expectations for the year.  I picked them to go to the NIT this  year from the beginning.  Beating Kentucky twice was something I didn't expect.  as players mature in the system and a culture of success is established we will continue to improve as a program.  switching coaches every 4-5 years is no way to accomplish that.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

TheRazorbackGuy

Quote from: PorkSoda on March 27, 2014, 01:03:04 pm
there is a difference from saying that we're losing because we are young and that we have a some good young talent that when mature should produce a solid team.

anyway, honestly the team performed over my expectations for the year.  I picked them to go to the NIT this  year from the beginning.  Beating Kentucky twice was something I didn't expect.  as players mature in the system and a culture of success is established we will continue to improve as a program.  switching coaches every 4-5 years is no way to accomplish that.

Excuses won't be acceptable next season. Especially Garbage ones.