Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

April 23, 2024, 10:14:50 am

The most GARBAGE Excuse

Started by TheRazorbackGuy, March 13, 2014, 07:23:49 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

TheRazorbackGuy

March 13, 2014, 07:23:49 pm Last Edit: March 13, 2014, 10:28:19 pm by TheRazorbackGuy
Saying we are a young team when we get beat by teams younger than the Hogs. Seven upper classmen including 5 seniors in 13 schlorships. Saying we are losing because we are young is the weakest excuse fans calling radio shows and posting on message boards. This team choked because they could deal with pressure.

Danny J

I said before the game we would have a hard time dealing with the pressure and would likely come out and play tight. We haven't dealt well with pressure situations in 5 years. The only pressure game we won this year was at Vandy and maybe MSU.

OLDHOG

We are mental midgets, no question about it, none.

TheRazorbackGuy

Quote from: Danny J (headhawg7) on March 13, 2014, 07:25:27 pm
I said before the game we would have a hard time dealing with the pressure and would likely come out and play tight. We haven't dealt well with pressure situations in 5 years. The only pressure game we won this year was at Vandy and maybe MSU.

But the fans calling in radio shows saying we are young are blabbering off a lot of nonsense

Danny J

Quote from: TheRazorbackGuy on March 13, 2014, 07:43:17 pm
But the fans calling in radio shows saying we are young are blabbering off a lot of nonsense
It is because they are ignorant as to what the real problems are. I will also note that there has been no leadership passed down to these players on this team. Nobody on this team has known what it was like to win pressure packed games. The two most pressure packed games of the season and we played really bad kind of like we used to early in the season during true road games. They constantly felt the pressure of getting that monkey off their back. They then accomplished that and NOBODY picked them to win at UK and all the pressure was on the UK freshman. We played loose.

All that changed going on the road to Bama. Then getting one more chance they blew it again. I assure you guys we will be in the final four in NY IF we get a 1 seed in the NIT. If they feel the pressure they will likely lose again. May not be any pressure at the NIT so they may win it all.

TheRazorbackGuy

Quote from: Danny J (headhawg7) on March 13, 2014, 07:49:43 pm
It is because they are ignorant as to what the real problems are. I will also note that there has been no leadership passed down to these players on this team. Nobody on this team has known what it was like to win pressure packed games. The two most pressure packed games of the season and we played really bad kind of like we used to early in the season during true road games. They constantly felt the pressure of getting that monkey off their back. They then accomplished that and NOBODY picked them to win at UK and all the pressure was on the UK freshman. We played loose.

All that changed going on the road to Bama. Then getting one more chance they blew it again. I assure you guys we will be in the final four in NY IF we get a 1 seed in the NIT. If they feel the pressure they will likely lose again. May not be any pressure at the NIT so they may win it all.

What is our neutral site record 1-3? I don't trust this team in the big spotlights of Madison Square Garden

Danny J

Quote from: TheRazorbackGuy on March 13, 2014, 07:54:11 pm
What is our neutral site record 1-3? I don't trust this team in the big spotlights of Madison Square Garden
Yes....1-3. The only reason I give them a chance is it is not a pressure packed situation. The amount of fans on the radio and on message boards will die down until next season. The buzz around this team will subside quite a bit after their last two games. The pressure will ease off.

TheRazorbackGuy

Quote from: Danny J (headhawg7) on March 13, 2014, 07:58:35 pm
Yes....1-3. The only reason I give them a chance is it is not a pressure packed situation. The amount of fans on the radio and on message boards will die down until next season. The buzz around this team will subside quite a bit after their last two games. The pressure will ease off.

Because we are filled with heartbreak, my guess is they get to the NIT championship game..... and lose

bkjbearcat

I wonder how Gregg Marshall would do coaching this team?
B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S BEARCATS, BEARCATS GOOOOOOO BEARCATS!!!!!!!<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Football: 1998, 1999, 2009, 2013, 2015, 2016<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Mens Basketball: 2017, 2019, No.1 team in 2020,2021, 2022

pigroots

We're not that good. If we can't out talent teams we won't win. Adjustments aren't going to happen. We are a one style ,one way to play team with mediocre talent. We have a big home court advantage that plays well with our style of play. The opposite is true on the road. Until our talent gets better(guards) this is our destiny

HogAlum99

Quote from: TheRazorbackGuy on March 13, 2014, 07:54:11 pm

We will only get that deep in the NIT if we get home court advantage all the way to NY.

TheRazorbackGuy

Quote from: pigroots on March 13, 2014, 08:06:24 pm
We're not that good. If we can't out talent teams we won't win. Adjustments aren't going to happen. We are a one style ,one way to play team with mediocre talent. We have a big home court advantage that plays well with our style of play. The opposite is true on the road. Until our talent gets better(guards) this is our destiny
terrible

[attachment deleted by admin]

reddogjcss

ThreeWayInn

Just as much garbage is saying the players are dumb, have no heart, can't handle pressure.

That is not the reason we lost.

We lost because SC was more fundamentally sound rebounding and playing defense.  Therefore...SC gave us one shot, got the a bunch of easy shots, and shot a bunch of free throws.

That is a recipe for losing.  Amazed the game was even close. 

TheRazorbackGuy

Quote from: ThreeWayInn on March 13, 2014, 08:24:32 pm
Just as much garbage is saying the players are dumb, have no heart, can't handle pressure.

That is not the reason we lost.

We lost because SC was more fundamentally sound rebounding and playing defense.  Therefore...SC gave us one shot, got the a bunch of easy shots, and shot a bunch of free throws.

That is a recipe for losing.  Amazed the game was even close. 
ThreeWay, wrong answer. This team let South Carolina scrubs get offensive boards and dudnt box out back up players. Who is no 35 with the blonde hair? No one knows but he showed up against our choking team

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

TheRazorbackGuy

hobhog

Hoggish1

Quote from: TheRazorbackGuy on March 13, 2014, 08:26:50 pm
This team let South Carolina scrubs get offensive boards and dudnt box out back up players.

Show me one game we boxed out?  It's just not the way we play...

Kevin

Quote from: Hoggish1 on March 13, 2014, 08:51:48 pm

Rebounding is about want to, not technique, according to our coach
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

TheRazorbackGuy

Backup players were having career games. Blondie should have always been blocked out. Pathetic to the fans and the state. They should be ashamed of the representation that brought to our state the last two weekends

bobetty

getting outrebounded - again - 40-25.....welcome to the Mike Anderson Era...

TheRazorbackGuy

Quote from: bobetty on March 13, 2014, 08:56:29 pm
getting outrebounded - again - 40-25.....welcome to the Mike Anderson Era...

Getting outrebounded by less athletic and less quality players.

The Misery Continues....

code red

Quote from: bkjbearcat on March 13, 2014, 08:04:18 pm
I would almost guarantee he would have beaten Bama and SC.  Esp under the circumstances.  Sometimes you gotta scrap style for wins.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

code red

Quote from: Kevin on March 13, 2014, 08:52:47 pm
Hmmmmm....I'd submit, he may want to revisit that philosophy...seeing how he has a lot of time on his hands now.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

TheRazorbackGuy

Quote from: code red on March 13, 2014, 09:19:12 pm
Hmmmmm....I'd submit, he may want to revisit that philosophy...seeing how he has a lot of time on his hands now.

But we are too young everyone would say.... in march at that

Kevin

he doesn't have his players, is the one that gets me
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

TheRazorbackGuy

Quote from: Kevin on March 13, 2014, 09:29:36 pm
he doesn't have his players, is the one that gets me

Let him get his players, this team is too young, we will turn it around next year, just give the team time, mike anderson hater,pel lover, go kick rocks.... same excuses but those posters are hidden tonight

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: TheRazorbackGuy on March 13, 2014, 07:23:49 pm
Saying we are a young team when we get beat by teams younger than the Hogs. Seven upper classmen including 5 seniors in 13 schlorships. Saying we are losing because we are young is the weakest excuse fans calling radio shows and posting on message boards. This team choked because they could deal with pressure.

I really appreciate these seniors... But I'm anxious to see what babb and beard do for the pt of Scott wade and kikko.  And giving more minutes to bell.  Also, I think treys going to be more effective than most think.  I think we'll see some more Kingsley next year.

TheRazorbackGuy

Quote from: rzrbackramsfan on March 14, 2014, 12:27:13 am
I really appreciate these seniors... But I'm anxious to see what babb and beard do for the pt of Scott wade and kikko.  And giving more minutes to bell.  Also, I think treys going to be more effective than most think.  I think we'll see some more Kingsley next year.

Babb and Beard are still going to play like freshmen. These guys are both three stars so they are not blue chippers but system guys that need to develop. As far as Thompson goes I would have to get an opinion by FCJ because he watches the guy in Forrest City.

Sivad

"Cut him slack because Arkansas is his dream job."  :puke:
So much so, that he wouldnt even come here till his agent Jimmy Sexton extorted TopTen Money.

TheRazorbackGuy

:puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke:

[attachment deleted by admin]

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: TheRazorbackGuy on March 13, 2014, 08:45:19 pm
Disrespectful to the whole state

College sports teams winning or losing doesn't have ANYTHING to do with a state getting respect or not.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Sivad on March 14, 2014, 01:12:48 am
"Cut him slack because Arkansas is his dream job."  :puke:
So much so, that he wouldnt even come here till his agent Jimmy Sexton extorted TopTen Money.

Wow! I didn't know you were a part of the negotiations between him, Jimmy and the school. Who are you, his siamese twin?....................
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

FineAsSwine

Quote from: Kevin on March 13, 2014, 08:52:47 pm

Charles Barkley and Dennis Rodman agree.

hawg IQ

The problem is not that MA is a bad x's and o's coach, he allows his team to not be mentaly tough enough. several questions come to mind here.
Rebounding is wanting the ball and the win- why do we not want either?
also why do players come in and start jacking up shots...shooting is a confidence thing and not a scatter gun thing?
        This team lets the refs shake them instead of using the refs as an advantage as in using the way they call to get to free throw line too.

Also I believe in big games, MA should know who the best 8-9 players are go with them.
the one beef I have with MA is we need better defense and we need better shooters. we get killed on teams that have 2-3  outside shooters. WE overplay on defense and teams either dive and get the foul or pass to open shooter and he has uncontested shot.
go hogs go !

Letsroll1200

In his third year at Wichita State he was losing in the First Round of the NIT.

Letsroll1200

Quote from: code red on March 13, 2014, 09:15:55 pm
I would almost guarantee he would have beaten Bama and SC.  Esp under the circumstances.  Sometimes you gotta scrap style for wins.

HE didn't win his home NIT game in his third year at Wichita State. Nevada came into WS and left with a victory. I know yall love Greg Marshall but the guy didn't get WS to the tournament until his fifth year as head coach. FACTS over imagination. 

-Blu

I think when people refer to us as "young" they mean a lot of our key players are young.  You look at Portis, Kingsley, Qualls, and Bell, those are what 4 of our top 7 players as far as production that are freshmen and sophomores.  And you look at what we bring back next year, we return 5 of our top 6 scorers and bring back 75% of our offense, and I think as a whole, this team will be "younger" in age next year but a more veteran team.

LZH

I brought this up (quite strongly I might add) a couple of weeks ago and was told I didn't know what I was talking about and I didn't know anything about basketball.

WhatsitHOGabout

We do not box out.  We expect to make the shot and get back on defense.  Do you people not even watch our team play?

WhatsitHOGabout

Quote from: -Blu on March 14, 2014, 09:30:41 am
I think when people refer to us as "young" they mean a lot of our key players are young.  You look at Portis, Kingsley, Qualls, and Bell, those are what 4 of our top 7 players as far as production that are freshmen and sophomores.  And you look at what we bring back next year, we return 5 of our top 6 scorers and bring back 75% of our offense, and I think as a whole, this team will be "younger" in age next year but a more veteran team.

It is sad that you have to explain this to people.

MrPeanut41

Saying we have 5 seniors is a little misleading.  3 of our 5 seniors (Scott, Wade and Haydar) would not sniff playing time on most quality teams in the country   Trust me, that pains me to say, becuase I LOVE Kikko's effort.  But, he is not a legit player on a Mike Anderson type team.  Fred Gulley would not start on most quality teams.  Really we have one senior of the caliber that we need at Arkansas.  The "we are young" excuse, while it seems to be just an excuse, IMO is pretty valid.  The most talented players on our team are Freshmen and Sophomores.  When we needed to win that game, we went to our Freshman.  And he simmply didn't deliver. Freshmen are like that sometimes...

Having said that, this is the last year that I believe this excuse (or the "They're not Mike's players" excuse) will fly.  Next year the only question in March should be how high our seed is. If not, I think Mike's seat has to start to warm...

pigture perfect

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on March 14, 2014, 09:25:12 am
HE didn't win his home NIT game in his third year at Wichita State. Nevada came into WS and left with a victory. I know yall love Greg Marshall but the guy didn't get WS to the tournament until his fifth year as head coach. FACTS over imagination. 
but WS is not a top 20 lifetime basketball school. We expect more.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

Smithian

I wonder how Tom Izzo would do coaching this team?

TheRazorbackGuy

Quote from: MrPeanut41 on March 14, 2014, 10:11:02 am
Saying we have 5 seniors is a little misleading.  3 of our 5 seniors (Scott, Wade and Haydar) would not sniff playing time on most quality teams in the country   Trust me, that pains me to say, becuase I LOVE Kikko's effort.  But, he is not a legit player on a Mike Anderson type team.  Fred Gulley would not start on most quality teams.  Really we have one senior of the caliber that we need at Arkansas.  The "we are young" excuse, while it seems to be just an excuse, IMO is pretty valid.  The most talented players on our team are Freshmen and Sophomores.  When we needed to win that game, we went to our Freshman.  And he simmply didn't deliver. Freshmen are like that sometimes...

Having said that, this is the last year that I believe this excuse (or the "They're not Mike's players" excuse) will fly.  Next year the only question in March should be how high our seed is. If not, I think Mike's seat has to start to warm...
MrPeaNutt,
Wrong answer. There are 13 schlorship players. Madden, Harris and even the transfer Miles are juniors. Clarke, Wade, Haydar, Gulley and Scott are seniors. So out of 13 schlorships that's 8 upper classmen. The young excuse is a bad one. The young excuse on March 14th is even more sad

FineAsSwine

Quote from: Smithian on March 14, 2014, 11:16:47 am
I wonder how Tom Izzo would do coaching this team?

Why stop there, what about Naismith?

MrPeanut41

RazorbackGuy,

A) Not sure why people whose sole purpose in their life seems to be to whine about the Hogs choose "TheRazorbackGuy" as thier name.  I'd think "MrWhiny" or "GetaLife" might be more appropriate.

B) I was not arguing that we have 8 upperclassmen on scholarship.  I was simply stating of the "5 seniors" you were whining about, only one of them was truly a high caliber contributor, and 3 of the other 4 were mostly worthless.  Gulley being the excpetion.  Yes, we have 3 juniors (1 of whom didn't play, so not sure how he factors in in your head).  So, I still maintain that the best players on this team, with the exception of Madden, are freshmen and sophomores.

C) You're seemingly apparent obsession with Houston Nutt is old and tired.  He's been gone.  There are coaches who have done much more harm to the football program since Nutt left.  Get over it.

TheRazorbackGuy

Quote from: MrPeanut41 on March 14, 2014, 12:29:34 pm
RazorbackGuy,

A) Not sure why people whose sole purpose in their life seems to be to whine about the Hogs choose "TheRazorbackGuy" as thier name.  I'd think "MrWhiny" or "GetaLife" might be more appropriate.

B) I was not arguing that we have 8 upperclassmen on scholarship.  I was simply stating of the "5 seniors" you were whining about, only one of them was truly a high caliber contributor, and 3 of the other 4 were mostly worthless.  Gulley being the excpetion.  Yes, we have 3 juniors (1 of whom didn't play, so not sure how he factors in in your head).  So, I still maintain that the best players on this team, with the exception of Madden, are freshmen and sophomores.

C) You're seemingly apparent obsession with Houston Nutt is old and tired.  He's been gone.  There are coaches who have done much more harm to the football program since Nutt left.  Get over it.

Houston Nutt? Tell me since 2007 when I had a post on Houston Nutt. You cant find it

FineAsSwine

Quote from: MrPeanut41 on March 14, 2014, 12:29:34 pm
RazorbackGuy,

You are more likely to have high discourse with a box of rocks than with this supposed Razorbackguy. Making sense out of his mental eruptions is hopeless.

Cue twilight zone intro:
Ladies and Gentlemen, you're entering the wondrous dimension of imagination. . . Next stop The Twilight Zone."