Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ranking All 128 College Football Coaching Jobs for 2014

Started by shrevehog, March 12, 2014, 11:38:42 am

Previous topic - Next topic

LZH

Quote from: redeye on March 12, 2014, 11:01:20 pm
Does it even matter in the context of the discussion?

Not sure we're dealing with Arkansas fans here.

It's like guys that watch pro wrestling.  They know damn well it's fake, but still pile up at each other's houses to drink and flop around the living room when there's a steel cage match on SpikeTV.

These anti-JL guys know the truth, but still wanna flop around the living room crying AFFAIR! AFFAIR! AFFAIR!

LZH

Wants2Win

Quote from: redeye on March 12, 2014, 10:40:27 pm
This weeks Kohl's ad says they're having their best sale ever.  Funny thing is that they say that every week.

According to some members of the media, Long offered to let Petrino stay, but he refused to accept the conditions.
That's not what JL said in his press conference. It's online....easy to view.

Wants2Win

LZH

Quote from: Wants2Win on March 12, 2014, 11:13:22 pm
That's exactly what I mean.

Well, then you know what happened.  If you think that JL wouldn't do everything in his power to keep his cash cow - the coach whose success was linked to his very own job security - then I don't know what to tell ya.

Fatty McGee

Bandit: Hey wait a minute, wait a minute. Why do you want that beer so bad?
Little Enos: Cause he's thirsty, dummy!

redeye

Quote from: Wants2Win on March 12, 2014, 11:12:26 pm
That's not what JL said in his press conference. It's online....easy to view.

So is this week's Kohl's ad.  Do you believe everything you hear?

Even assuming that Long was being honest, it's not hard to understand why Petrino was fired.  I wanted him to stay and even lobbied for it around here, but Petrino was asking for it and I don't think anyone outside of Arkansas doesn't believe that.

Wants2Win

Quote from: LedZepHog on March 12, 2014, 11:19:21 pm
Well, then you know what happened.  If you think that JL wouldn't do everything in his power to keep his cash cow - the coach whose success was linked to his very own job security - then I don't know what to tell ya.
All I know is what happened and what was said publicly...the same as you.

LZH

Quote from: Wants2Win on March 12, 2014, 11:37:27 pm
All I know is what happened and what was said publicly...the same as you.

I also know what I've been told by people who were right in the middle of the whole thing.  Besides, you're not that naive.  Can you imagine what would have happened if JL had admitted publicly that he called Petrino's bluff?  You'd still be in jail for reckless endangerment.

Hogwild

Quote from: BOAR_N2BWILD on March 12, 2014, 09:55:52 pm
Arkansas is a better job than South Carolina for anyone but Spurrier.

Curious what Lou Holtz would say about that.

Arkansas Fan

Quote from: Hogwild on March 13, 2014, 08:33:38 am
Curious what Lou Holtz would say about that.

Considering Arkansas has stronger history and tradition, better facilities, more money, I'd say if he had to choose a job, he'd take Arkansas over South Carolina.

Hog Fan...DOH!

Quote from: Fatty McGee on March 12, 2014, 11:23:04 pm
Not based on recruiting base:

http://www.footballstudyhall.com/2013/9/11/4718442/college-football-state-texas-california-florida

Divide that by Clemson and you can see why Arkansas is a better job than South Carolina.

The deal is, Spurrier is a GREAT coach and he's been at that program a long time now.  Wouldn't it be nice to keep a great coach at Arkansas for a long time?  Or are we genetically predisposed to crap the bed every time something remotely successful happens with this state?

trashcan maN

Quote from: Hog Fan...DOH! on March 13, 2014, 11:07:55 am
Divide that by Clemson and you can see why Arkansas is a better job than South Carolina.

The deal is, Spurrier is a GREAT coach and he's been at that program a long time now.  Wouldn't it be nice to keep a great coach at Arkansas for a long time?  Or are we genetically predisposed to crap the bed every time something remotely successful happens with this state?
Considering we hired a guy coming off his 3rd consecutive Rose Bowl appearance and half our fanbase was wallowing in agony within the hour, I'd say it's genetics.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on March 12, 2014, 12:18:00 pm
If Bama is 3rd I don't see how Auburn isn't 4th.  What's the difference?

If you have to ask you'll never understand.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Wants2Win

Quote from: kj0N on March 13, 2014, 11:27:58 am
Considering we hired a guy coming off his 3rd consecutive Rose Bowl appearance and half our fanbase was wallowing in agony within the hour, I'd say it's genetics.
How many of those rose bowls did he win? He's only won 2 bowls and one was against Nutt.

Hoggish1

When Miami is place at No. 20 something is terribly wrong...  Another piece of BcS from ESPiN.

HogInFlorida

Not trying to be a homer but South Carolina shouldn't be in front of us. All they have that we don't is a real rivalry
Quote from: Mike Irwin on June 12, 2013, 09:18:52 pm
I'd rather be hit over the head with a brick than have to revisit the memories of those seven awful months with coach "Smile" in charge.

Fatty McGee

Quote from: kj0N on March 13, 2014, 11:27:58 am

True.
Bandit: Hey wait a minute, wait a minute. Why do you want that beer so bad?
Little Enos: Cause he's thirsty, dummy!

Southern Hogspitality

Quote from: Mr. Porkleone on March 12, 2014, 04:46:52 pm
I didn't realize we only have had 1 back to back winning season in SEC
Because it isn't true!

1998,1999,2001,2002,2003,2006,2007,2009,2010,2011 all had wining records.  And 2000 had a regular season winning record of 6-5 until we lost our bowl game and we ended 6-6.

superior_wang

Quote from: Rah! Rah! on March 18, 2014, 10:14:23 am
Because it isn't true!

1998,1999,2001,2002,2003,2006,2007,2009,2010,2011 all had wining records.  And 2000 had a regular season winning record of 6-5 until we lost our bowl game and we ended 6-6.

just the sec games, cuz.

LZH

Hogwild

Quote from: Rah! Rah! on March 18, 2014, 10:14:23 am
Because it isn't true!

He was talking about winning records in conference play.

Southern Hogspitality

superior_wang

Quote from: Rah! Rah! on March 18, 2014, 10:31:04 am
  Just read the article, thanks for the heads up.

np. nice Lab.

oh, the state shocked me as well, i thought we were better than that!