Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

PFT says McFadden will re-sign with the Raiders

Started by Biggus Piggus, March 11, 2014, 03:58:23 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

urkillnmesmalls

I hope he has a good season, makes as much as he can, and get out without any major injuries. 

There is always going to be a question about whether or not the Raiders "Earl Campbell'd" him into the ground.  He took a lot of big blind hits on swing passes from the backfield, and it didn't help that he played on a horrible team. 

But...I'll be completely honest and say that I wasn't expecting him to light up the NFL.  He doesn't have a prototypical NFL build, and while I had hoped he could defy the odds, he didn't.  It's ironic that Mendenhall retired this season, because when they both came out I predicted Mendenhall would have the better NFL career, simply because of his build.  I was wrong about that, and he actually suffered worse injuries along the way. 

There's no rhyme or reason to why some succeed and some don't.  But...it does make you realize that Barry Sanders was incredible, and played on teams that were as bad or worse than the Raiders, and the guy was still unstoppable.  Scary..really. 
I've never wanted a Hog coach to be successful more than I do for Pittman.  He's one of the good guys.

TheRazorbackGuy

Quote from: cubsfan5150 on March 17, 2014, 07:00:37 am
The article makes it out to be like he won't get the full $1.25M salary, which is highly unlikely.  If he makes the team, he earns it.  He'll make the team. 

Supposedly he was offered only the vet min by any other teams, so this was his best offer.

It's the same reason Mendenhall retired.

The Raiders and the Cubs are the biggest joke in professional sports

cubsfan5150

Quote from: TheRazorbackGuy on March 19, 2014, 12:09:20 pm

Wow man, great addition to this thread.  If there was a follow button on this site, you'd be my first.
QuoteWest Side Rooter wrote:

Always best to talk [expletive] about a team when you don't have to face them again.

I'd do the same. LaRussa's a nutjob and would probably throw at his head.
ETA: A bottle of wine, not a baseball.
ETA: Empty bottle, obviously.

Hogwild

Raiders signed MJD today. A  MJD-DMAC backfield.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: TheRazorbackGuy on March 19, 2014, 12:09:20 pm

Not a bigger one than the Sixers right now...............................
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: Hogwild on March 28, 2014, 05:29:35 pm

They needed to find someone that could probably play the year in case Dmac takes a break again during the year. 
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

alohawg

It's still possible that Oakland trades DMAC so MJD may be the starter on opening day.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

Hogwild

Quote from: alohawg on March 29, 2014, 01:22:46 am
It's still possible that Oakland trades DMAC so MJD may be the starter on opening day.

Who would trade for DMAC?  3 weeks ago he was a free agent anybody could have had him  without having to give up anything.

Tony Sloprano

Quote from: alohawg on March 29, 2014, 01:22:46 am
Trade DMAC ????

He was a free agent dude. No one is going to give up picks for someone they could have had for free. Do you not know how the game works ?

Tony Sloprano

Quote from: Hogwild on March 28, 2014, 05:29:35 pm
They may get 8 games total out of both of them combined...........................if they are lucky.

2 injury prone RB's that get hurt every year. Winner winner.

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: Tony Sloprano on March 29, 2014, 01:52:33 pm
They may get 8 games total out of both of them combined...........................if they are lucky.

2 injury prone RB's that get hurt every year. Winner winner.

http://www.nfl.com/player/mauricejones-drew/2495831/careerstats

I would say he has had a better time staying healthy over his career.  Missed half of 1 season and missed a total of 4 games in his other 7 seasons.
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

thegreatone