PFT says McFadden will re-sign with the Raiders

Started by Biggus Piggus, March 11, 2014, 03:58:23 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Biggus Piggus

[CENSORED]!

Biggus Piggus

[CENSORED]!

Ragnar Hogbrok

Surely someone else would be willing to sign him to a comparable or better one-year deal.  He's got to get out of Oakland, in my opinion.  This may be his last chance.
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." ― H.L. Mencken

Hogville prediction formula:

1.  Insert bad news prediction. A loss, a recruit going elsewhere, a coach leaving, etc.
2.  Tag "hope I'm wrong," on the end.
3a.  Enjoy a correct prediction.
3b.  Act like you're relieved you're wrong and celebrate with everyone else.

bennyl08

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Also my reaction when Lucas added no to this scene.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

Biggus Piggus

Raiders entered the day with $64 MILLION of room under the salary cap. They can outbid anybody.
[CENSORED]!

Biggus Piggus

They already have lost OT Jared Veldheer and DE Lamarr Houston too. More cap space!
[CENSORED]!

Biggus Piggus

OMG the Raiders let Veldheer go away for five years/$35 million/$17 million guaranteed, and signed Rodger Saffold for five years/$42.5 million/$21 million guaranteed. Idiot franchise.
[CENSORED]!

hawgmasta

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on March 11, 2014, 04:09:45 pm
OMG the Raiders let Veldheer go away for five years/$35 million/$17 million guaranteed, and signed Rodger Saffold for five years/$42.5 million/$21 million guaranteed. Idiot franchise.

I really don't understand how the Raiders have been making terrible choices for almost fifteen years now.

cosmodrum

Go away, batin'

Biggus Piggus

Raiders beat writers say McFadden was offered only league minimum by other teams, $2.5-3 million by the Raiders.
[CENSORED]!

Danny J

cosmodrum

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on March 11, 2014, 04:21:53 pm
Raiders beat writers say McFadden was offered only league minimum by other teams, $2.5-3 million by the Raiders.

Makes it a pretty easy choice for him.
Go away, batin'

Biggus Piggus

[CENSORED]!

Dirty

cosmodrum

Go away, batin'

Biggus Piggus

Rashad Jennings had 4.5 yards per carry, six touchdowns in eight starts for the Raiders last season. He is gone to the Giants. Raiders bring back McFadden, who started seven games, averaged 3.3 yards per carry, scored five touchdowns.
[CENSORED]!

Biggus Piggus

[CENSORED]!

hoglady

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on March 11, 2014, 04:21:53 pm

To me that's when you decide whether you want to roll the dice for a decent career or just take the immediate money.
If DMac could have gone to a decent club and put up some good numbers, stayed healthy, then the money would have followed.
He will never stay healthy or have much of a career in Oakland.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

cosmodrum

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on March 11, 2014, 04:51:18 pm
Oh lord, that's wonderful for him.

Just saw it on the ESPN crawler, too. Great for him.
Go away, batin'

Danny J

Quote from: hoglady on March 11, 2014, 04:54:13 pm
To me that's when you decide whether you want to roll the dice for a decent career or just take the immediate money.
If DMac could have gone to a decent club and put up some good numbers, stayed healthy, then the money would have followed.

weresoclose

If he plays 4 full games before getting hurt, that's pretty good for him.

I think his injury history all stems from when he just about kicked his big toe off his foot when he was trying to punt that dude's melon while dude was lying in the street in Little Rock.  He missed and kicked the curb and almost became a 9-toed DMC.

superior_wang

guess the Raiders didnt want to lose that whopping 379 yards  of rushing DMAC cranked out last year.

Dats bringin da wood?

Hogarusa

Not sure you can blame DMACs injury woes on Oakland.  They are bad, but they don't work magic.  Going to a good team wouldn't change his injuries.  He wasn't going to get anywhere near 4 million a year going to a different team. 
I'll ride the wave where it takes me

hoglady

Quote from: lowberh on March 11, 2014, 05:55:15 pm
Not sure you can blame DMACs injury woes on Oakland.  They are bad, but they don't work magic.  Going to a good team wouldn't change his injuries.  He wasn't going to get anywhere near 4 million a year going to a different team. 

Not this year.
But if he was surrounded with decent players, had a good year and stayed healthy the money would come. He doesn't stand a prayer of having a decent career at Oakland.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

Pigdiana Jones

No, but a decent line could help him not take as much punishment.
"In the East, college football is a cultural exercise.

On the West Coast, it is a tourist attraction.

In the Midwest, it is cannibalism.

But in the South, college football is a religion, and every Saturday is a holy day."

popcornhog

At this point it's probably the best deal to take the $4million and just stay in Oakland.

Woulda been nice to get out earlier though.
WPS

Biggus Piggus

McFadden's deal is maximum value of $4 million. He has $100,000 guaranteed. Base is $1.75 million. Incentives would max out at $4MM. Best he could do?
[CENSORED]!

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: hoglady on March 11, 2014, 06:08:02 pm
Not this year.
But if he was surrounded with decent players, had a good year and stayed healthy the money would come. He doesn't stand a prayer of having a decent career at Oakland.

No. McFadden has made the best money he ever will make. This is his seventh season. Even if he busts out a great year, no way anybody pays much for his eighth season.
[CENSORED]!

Rocket23

They are knashing their teeth in Oakland over resigning him.  Dang, hurts to hear folks bashing him like that, but I would probably agree if he wasn't a Hog.

LZH

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on March 11, 2014, 06:17:39 pm
No. McFadden has made the best money he ever will make. This is his seventh season. Even if he busts out a great year, no way anybody pays much for his eighth season.

After $40M for six years, I'd imagine he doesn't need the money.

The Boar War

Quote from: weresoclose on March 11, 2014, 05:06:42 pm

I think his injury history all stems from when he just about kicked his big toe off his foot when he was trying to punt that dude's melon while dude was lying in the street in Little Rock.  He missed and kicked the curb and almost became a 9-toed DMC.

Are you saying his recent injuries all stem from the fight back in 2006?

k.c.hawg

Quote from: LedZepHog on March 11, 2014, 10:58:57 pm
After $40M for six years, I'd imagine he doesn't need the money.

You missed it by $20m. It was 6 for $60m yet we had people on here a few weeks back saying he should have stayed for his senior year!! Oakland payed him $10.5m in salary last year....could have cut him and not paid a penny and had a very small cap hit. Hell I'd be loyal to them after that. Looks like $2+m of this $4m deal is almost unattainable.
Just sitting on the deck with a cold beer and a hot tequila watching the razorbacks roam.

LZH

Quote from: k.c.hawg on March 12, 2014, 12:09:26 am
You missed it by $20m. It was 6 for $60m yet we had people on here a few weeks back saying he should have stayed for his senior year!! Oakland payed him $10.5m in salary last year....could have cut him and not paid a penny and had a very small cap hit. Hell I'd be loyal to them after that. Looks like $2+m of this $4m deal is almost unattainable.

Ya know, I thought that $60M sounded right.  I got $42M from something I read the other day, and it made me think then that I had the figure wrong all this time.

bennyl08

Quote from: LedZepHog on March 12, 2014, 12:12:43 am
Ya know, I thought that $60M sounded right.  I got $42M from something I read the other day, and it made me think then that I had the figure wrong all this time.

That might have been the guaranteed part.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

urkillnmesmalls

He's well past the "life expectancy" of tenure in the NFL at RB, and at this point an assault on the record books is out of the question.  He should probably take that $4M, hopefully avoid major injury, and enjoy life as one of the all time best CFB RB's in history...which ain't too bad! 
I've never wanted a Hog coach to be successful more than I do for Pittman.  He's one of the good guys.

arkansaspanic

He will be 27 during next football season.  At 30, running backs pretty much fall off the Earth.  With his history, no one will give him more than a 1 or 2 year contract at this point.  With his injury history, most won't pay above league minimum.  By the time he "proved himself" with another team, it'd be time for him to retire. 

Hogwild

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on March 11, 2014, 06:15:36 pm
McFadden's deal is maximum value of $4 million. He has $100,000 guaranteed. Base is $1.75 million. Incentives would max out at $4MM. Best he could do?

That's better than what I thought he would get, he finished 3rd on the team in rushing.  Pretty much every runningback on their team had more yards per carry than DMAC.

atekido

Sadly one of the Biggest Busts in the NFL in years.  so much potential but ran trying to hit people instead of trying to get more yards a lot of times which kept injuring himself.   people need to realize he isnt even close to being one of the fastest players anymore.  and at his age and years played  no team will give him anything.  he is lucky the Raiders gave him what they did.  he would have been cut from any team that made the playoffs last year.

Murr

Runningbacks in the NFL have very short careers and are being picked up in very late rounds for next to nothing.  $4M for one year is tremendous.  Take that because the next contract is not guaranteed.

fortsmithokie

Quote from: Murr on March 17, 2014, 01:46:58 am
Runningbacks in the NFL have very short careers and are being picked up in very late rounds for next to nothing.  $4M for one year is tremendous.  Take that because the next contract is not guaranteed.

It would be tremendous f he were likely to actually earn $4 million.

http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/415010-mcfadden-guaranteed-only-100k

immahog

really hoped he would get the heck away from oakland an get a fresh start.....
No lions No tigers No bears.....ImmaHog

cubsfan5150

Quote from: fortsmithokie on March 17, 2014, 02:01:54 am

It would be tremendous f he were likely to actually earn $4 million.

http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/415010-mcfadden-guaranteed-only-100k

The article makes it out to be like he won't get the full $1.25M salary, which is highly unlikely.  If he makes the team, he earns it.  He'll make the team. 

Supposedly he was offered only the vet min by any other teams, so this was his best offer.

It's the same reason Mendenhall retired.
QuoteWest Side Rooter wrote:

Always best to talk [expletive] about a team when you don't have to face them again.

I'd do the same. LaRussa's a nutjob and would probably throw at his head.
ETA: A bottle of wine, not a baseball.
ETA: Empty bottle, obviously.

Arthur pigby sellers.

Man I would have loved to see Dmac running for my Broncos.  Perhaps his career would have been the same , but I bet he would have been much more successful.

fortsmithokie

Quote from: cubsfan5150 on March 17, 2014, 07:00:37 am
The article makes it out to be like he won't get the full $1.25M salary, which is highly unlikely.  If he makes the team, he earns it.  He'll make the team. 

Supposedly he was offered only the vet min by any other teams, so this was his best offer.

It's the same reason Mendenhall retired.

His agent claimed at least one team offered more, but he wanted to stay with the Raiders. Mendenhall told Arizona he was retiring before free agency ever started.

I didn't think it made like he wouldn't get the base salary and roster bonus, but that he's unlikely to get anywhere near $4 million.

Quote from: immahog on March 17, 2014, 06:20:20 am
really hoped he would get the heck away from oakland an get a fresh start.....

I did too. Hoped he'd go somewhere he had a chance to at least sniff the playoffs and another good back to split reps with.

Tony Sloprano

Quote from: salebow on March 11, 2014, 06:09:09 pm
That line was decent enough to allow a hack like Rashard Jennings average 4.5 ypc so your attempt to blame the line for his injuries is laughable.

Time to quit blaming the line or the franchise for DMac's failures. It is all on him. He can't stay healthy and even when he is healthy, he runs upright and doesn't break tackles well.

Tony Sloprano

Quote from: fortsmithokie on March 17, 2014, 09:50:49 am
His agent claimed at least one team offered more, but he wanted to stay with the Raiders.

Oh, well if an agent said it, it must be true ..................

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

upperdeck_hawg

Quote from: salebow on March 11, 2014, 06:09:09 pm

Love DMac but he just doesnt make that first guy miss. In college, he just outran most everyone. In the NFL, you gotta have a few moves.
I don't hate the guy.  He's a great Hog, and a needed contributor.  I despise that he does not understand his role as a complimentary player puts an absolute ceiling on this team.

-ErieHog on Devo Davis

DeltaBoy

It is the best deal he could get.  I hope he stays healthy and has a Monster year.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.