Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

More on Ryan Newsome

Started by The Recruiting Guy, March 11, 2014, 01:07:47 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ARtillahog

We need him and Ronald Jones along with KJ and Gragg.  All of them are offensive threats/playmakers.

mevskithog

good looking vid.. :razorback:

Hey Super

Pleaseeeee coaching staff use your voodoo and land these two kids! These guys are the next Percy Harvin and McFadden type players.
As the ancient Tibetan philosophy states...... "Don't start none ... won't be none"<br /><br />
Quote from: Seebs on July 23, 2011, 02:33:26 pm<br />Please do not allow facts to get in the way of a good freak out<br />

TexasRazorback

I grew up 20 minutes from Aledo and now currently live near there now. This kid is a special player. Fast agile quick and elusive. His receiving numbers don't stand out because Aledo runs the ball more than 70% of the time. They play smashmouth football and produce some great players. I would love to snag this kid if we can.

ifghog

We have def started hitting Texas harder. If we can land a few it could pay major dividends!

TX HOG

I hope he makes it this week. Is it spring break?

Huckleberry Pig

Quote from: TX HOG on March 11, 2014, 03:13:16 pm
I hope he makes it this week. Is it spring break?

I know Dallas schools are on spring break right now, I'm guessing since he wants to visit tomorrow or Thursday that Aledo is on SB as well.

Great to see that we got in contact with him and within a week we have him coming up to take a visit. 

Mike_e

Quote from: Huckleberry Pig on March 11, 2014, 03:35:09 pm
I know Dallas schools are on spring break right now, I'm guessing since he wants to visit tomorrow or Thursday that Aledo is on SB as well.

Great to see that we got in contact with him and within a week we have him coming up to take a visit.

Great to see that Mr. Jones thought enough of us to recommend his friend.
The best "one thing" for a happy life?
Just be the best person that you can manage.  Right Now!

Huckleberry Pig

Quote from: Mike_e on March 11, 2014, 03:40:16 pm

agreed!  didn't even think about that

redeye

Hawgzinbowlz

...a 10.54 electronic time in the 100 meters last year...

He would help fill our need for speed.

" GO HOGS "

jgphillips3

True that.  That is a good sign that we are legitimately one of his top 3.  In fact, that's just dang positive all around!

bphi11ips

Looks like a taller version of Trindon Holliday.  That guy will be a game changer in college for someone. 
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

Raiderman

This will be an interesting recruiting battle most likely between Arkansas, Baylor, Texas, and Texas Tech. In Tech's favor is that Newsome has been vocal about wanting to play at the next level with Tech's 2015 QB commit, Jarrett Stidham. The two are best friends and Stidham plans to accompany Newsome and his family on an unofficial visit to Tech this weekend.  Stidham also threw to Newsome during the Rivals Camp Series (RCS) event last weekend in Dallas. Of course, most often it seems that recruits who say they want to commit to the same school end up going their separate ways because they can't agree on the one school to attend. 

Baylor is pretty hot in the minds of many recruits right now so don't underestimate BU's chances. And Texas...is Texas although the Horns new coaching staff has gotten off to a slow start recruiting instate.

Tech is also pretty high on DE James Lockhart who holds an Arkansas offer. Stidham spoke to Lockhart about coming to Tech during the RCS Dallas event but who knows where he stands.

Huckleberry Pig

Quote from: Raiderman on March 12, 2014, 10:43:00 am
This will be an interesting recruiting battle most likely between Arkansas, Baylor, Texas, and Texas Tech. In Tech's favor is that Newsome has been vocal about wanting to play at the next level with Tech's 2015 QB commit, Jarrett Stidham. The two are best friends and Stidham plans to accompany Newsome and his family on an unofficial visit to Tech this weekend.  Stidham also threw to Newsome during the Rivals Camp Series (RCS) event last weekend in Dallas. Of course, most often it seems that recruits who say they want to commit to the same school end up going their separate ways because they can't agree on the one school to attend. 

Baylor is pretty hot in the minds of many recruits right now so don't underestimate BU's chances. And Texas...is Texas although the Horns new coaching staff has gotten off to a slow start recruiting instate.

Tech is also pretty high on DE James Lockhart who holds an Arkansas offer. Stidham spoke to Lockhart about coming to Tech during the RCS Dallas event but who knows where he stands.

really beginning to dislike ya'lls Stidham kid haha, +1 for the info

need Storey to get on Newsome quick

Peppa Pig

This is part of the story that jumped out to me also.  That's a VERY good sign.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: Raiderman on March 12, 2014, 10:43:00 am

One major difference that has to stand out, however: Guess which one of those teams plays in the SEC and NOT the Big whatever? Not saying this will be a (or THE) deciding factor in the end, however, for a LOT of kids it can and does make a huge difference. Will be an interesting process for both Ryan as well as several other kids.

Birminghog

Bring him in & let him do the Aledo Shuffle.

Raiderman

Quote from: Huckleberry Pig on March 12, 2014, 11:08:45 am
really beginning to dislike ya'lls Stidham kid haha, +1 for the info

need Storey to get on Newsome quick

You're welcome. Here's another tidbit: PJ Mbanasor, a 4-star CB, just decommitted from TCU.  Seems he was close to Coach Clay Jennings and your hiring him away from TCU caused Mbanasor to reevaluate his commitment. Obviously, Arkansas should have a good shot at landing him.

Raiderman

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on March 12, 2014, 11:39:57 am
One major difference that has to stand out, however: Guess which one of those teams plays in the SEC and NOT the Big whatever? Not saying this will be a (or THE) deciding factor in the end, however, for a LOT of kids it can and does make a huge difference. Will be an interesting process for both Ryan as well as several other kids.

That could make a difference but, make no mistake, Texas is still a Big 12 state. The only SEC talk in Texas concerns Texas A&M. And it's well known that Texas kids like to play in front of their folks and against/with the kids they grew up with. So whatever draw the SEC has over Texas-based recruits is probably muted by our state's Big 12 focus and instate scheduling. In fact, I read a blog the other day that showed A&M's move to the SEC has had no effect on the number of Texas recruits signing with SEC teams excluding A&M. Now a lot of Texans hold SEC degrees so there will be kids familiar with SEC football and teams, and perhaps they find playing in the SEC more desirable. Newsome could be one of those but I don't know for sure.

TexasRazorback

PJ Mbanasor: I really like his size if we offer him 6'2 and can battle those big sec wr's

http://247sports.com/Player/PJ-Mbanasor-38844

OLDHOG

As Paul would say, OH MY! Please get this young man, I mean sell out now. Unbelievable.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: Raiderman on March 12, 2014, 11:57:47 am
That could make a difference but, make no mistake, Texas is still a Big 12 state. The only SEC talk in Texas concerns Texas A&M. And it's well known that Texas kids like to play in front of their folks and against/with the kids they grew up with. So whatever draw the SEC has over Texas-based recruits is probably muted by our state's Big 12 focus and instate scheduling. In fact, I read a blog the other day that showed A&M's move to the SEC has had no effect on the number of Texas recruits signing with SEC teams excluding A&M. Now a lot of Texans hold SEC degrees so there will be kids familiar with SEC football and teams, and perhaps they find playing in the SEC more desirable. Newsome could be one of those but I don't know for sure.
Perhaps. Then again we hear it all the time when kids talk about playing in the SEC-the closest thing in college to "the league". Kinda like the song New York, New York says: "If I can make it there...I can make it anywhere".

Melorock089

We must get this kid and Hill.

HawgnCorona

Like I stated during this last recruiting class play makers are what we need...Players like Newsome and Jones are what gets us to the next level. Along with what we have on our current roster and current verbal commits.

Kiss 0-8 in conference play good-bye. Say hello to competing for a Championship with athletes like this. Im hopeful we can get these two gentleman's LOI come signing day, next year.  :razorback:
Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all your getting, get understanding." --   Proverbs 4:7

"Live justly, love mercy and to walk humbly with the Most High."-- Micah 6:8

redeye

Quote from: Raiderman on March 12, 2014, 11:57:47 am

That may be true now, but it will change.  I agree that Texas will remain a Big-XII state, but as Texas kids grow up watching more SEC games, we'll see more interest from them.  The numbers may say nothing's changed now, but I think you can already see things changing.

And let's not forget that most SEC schools don't really recruit Texas that hard, anyway, because they don't need to.  Texas isn't going to make much difference to Alabama, Florida, Georgia and Auburn.  While it'll help A&M, LSU and Missouri, they were already getting good Texas players.  The schools it'll help most are Arkansas and the schools in Mississippi and Tennessee.

Yea, I know many will disagree with me, but I firmly believe this.

Soonerman12

Don't know where the Red Raider gets his info, but Newsome is visiting OU for the 2nd, on his own dime, in two weeks tomorrow. So, you might want to include OU in his "consideration" list.

HogFoo

Quote from: Soonerman12 on March 12, 2014, 09:42:45 pm
Don't know where the Red Raider gets his info, but Newsome is visiting OU for the 2nd, on his own dime, in two weeks tomorrow. So, you might want to include OU in his "consideration" list.
has it been a year yet? 
Basketball is back, baseball always, football was a dumpster fire once again..... but as the phoenix rose from the ashes, BMF Petrino has risen again!!! Lots to look forward to.  <br /><br />As the rain falls, I realize, that some where out there, some one, is wearing a mask while they shower............

Hogtimes

Quote from: Soonerman12 on March 12, 2014, 09:42:45 pm

Yeah I saw that.   Strange that he would visit OU two weekends in a row.   Spring practice?

lightsout

We MUST get both of these kids, or two of equal or greater talent. It is essential.

Soonerman12

Quote from: Stan on March 14, 2014, 01:08:35 pm
Yeah I saw that.   Strange that he would visit OU two weekends in a row.   Spring practice?
Junior day on March 1st. Last Thursday was a practice. He is coming back for OU's spring game, too..

moto625

Per Rivals Ducks have been a childhood favorite for Newsome

fortsmithokie

Quote from: moto625 on March 15, 2014, 06:11:29 pm
Per Rivals Ducks have been a childhood favorite for Newsome

I read something before he go the Oregon offer, where he said he was waiting for one from them.

Tony Sloprano

Quote from: lightsout on March 14, 2014, 09:16:52 pm
We MUST get both of these kids, or two of equal or greater talent. It is essential.
That will not happen.

HogFoo

Quote from: Soonerman12 on March 15, 2014, 02:21:12 pm
Junior day on March 1st. Last Thursday was a practice. He is coming back for OU's spring game, too..
has it been a year yet?
Basketball is back, baseball always, football was a dumpster fire once again..... but as the phoenix rose from the ashes, BMF Petrino has risen again!!! Lots to look forward to.  <br /><br />As the rain falls, I realize, that some where out there, some one, is wearing a mask while they shower............

Dominicanhog

Quote from: Soonerman12 on March 15, 2014, 02:21:12 pm

that's how you like it, lots of visits... hopefully one day we can have the same relationship with him, we're just getting started.... we have a connection... we'll see in feb...

Steef

Quote from: Dominicanhog on March 16, 2014, 07:53:28 am
that's how you like it, lots of visits... hopefully one day we can have the same relationship with him, we're just getting started.... we have a connection... we'll see in feb...

+1 for a civil but optimistic attitude.

Soonerman12

Quote from: steefhog on March 16, 2014, 07:55:42 am
+1 for a civil but optimistic attitude.

What he said isn't optimistic. He's right. Arkansas has a HUGE connection with mom being from there and her sister still living there.

Dominicanhog

Quote from: Soonerman12 on March 16, 2014, 09:04:32 am
What he said isn't optimistic. He's right. Arkansas has a HUGE connection with mom being from there and her sister still living there.

in addition to Jennings from TCU... not sure the strength of that connection, but every little bit helps...

HogsOfAnarchy

Sounds to me like jones is trying to recruit for arkansas. That can only mean one thing. Wps

Raiderman

Quote from: Soonerman12 on March 16, 2014, 09:04:32 am

Newsome's girlfriend is going to Texas Tech. How's that for a connection? ;)  He visits Oregon soon and the Ducks definitely interest him.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: Raiderman on March 16, 2014, 01:48:26 pm
Newsome's girlfriend is going to Texas Tech. How's that for a connection? ;)  He visits Oregon soon and the Ducks definitely interest him.
Well we all have our own burdens to bear.......her's is going to Lubbock.

HogsOfAnarchy

not enough of one if you ask Solomon thomas

Soonerman12

Didn't you leave off OU as a school he's interested in, yet he's visited OU twice in less than two weeks. On his own dime, I might add.

Arkansas has just as much of a shot as any school. I'd say their connections give them a better shot than most, IMO. I'm not predicting him to be a hog, but OU and Arkansas are in it, no doubt.

Tony Sloprano

Quote from: mbcarnett on March 16, 2014, 03:25:30 pm
not enough of one if you ask Solomon thomas
Soloman Thomas' girlfriend goes to Arkansas ?

ARtillahog

Quote from: Tony Sloprano on March 16, 2014, 05:42:43 pm
Soloman Thomas' girlfriend goes to Arkansas ?

She will be this fall...

Tony Sloprano

Quote from: ARtillahog on March 17, 2014, 01:53:19 pm
She will be this fall...
So i guess they are breking up
Quote from: ARtillahog on March 17, 2014, 01:53:19 pm
She will be this fall...
So his sister AND his girlfriend are going to school here but we still couldn't get him. That sucks.

JackJohnson

Quote from: Tony Sloprano on March 17, 2014, 03:05:54 pm
So i guess they are breking upSo his sister AND his girlfriend are going to school here but we still couldn't get him. That sucks.

Let's hope we parlay any sort of "connection" or "in" we have with recruits a little better this year than last as we went 0 for 8 with some really big time players

5* DE Soloman Thomas- sister attends here
4* RB Kevin Shorter- cousin is DJ Dean who is "like a brother"  to shorter
3* CB Raymond Wingo- brother of Ronnie
4* S Payton Hendrix- cousin Keaton Miles is on basketball team
4* DE Demetriuos Jackson- cousin to Kirkland
4* TE Deandre Goolsby- WR coach Michael Smith has literally known him since birth and used to babysit him
5* WR Malachi Dupree- his would be position coach Michael Smith his is 2nd cousin
4* DT Josh Frazier lives 15 minutes from campus and his mom is a long time poster on this board and huge fan

lightsout

Quote from: Tony Sloprano on March 15, 2014, 10:52:36 pm
That will not happen.

Maybe not these particular guys. But if we don't CONSISTENTLY get several guys EVERY year at this or greater level at skill positions, recruiting is a complete failure.  Without it, it will prove extremely difficult to win SEC and national championships, as should be expected and required of the coaching staff.