Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Razorback Hockey to start Championship Tourney play today

Started by JHicks3636, March 11, 2014, 11:53:29 am

Previous topic - Next topic

JHicks3636

The team will began pool play at 6 CST tonight. First opponent is 2-time defending champion Adrian University. I will try to update the score throughout the game as well as for the next two pool play games as well. Hopefully we will make it through pool play and into the next round. It may be club play but these guys play hard to represent Arkansas.

razorback44

"No force and no man can abolish memory"  FDR

bphi11ips

My family will be interested in this.  Thanks for the heads up.  For those of you who want to know more about Razorbacks hockey and the tournament, here's a link I just found:

http://arkansas.sechchockey.com/?page_id=684
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

JHicks3636

Adrian wins 4-3 to upset the top seeded Hogs in Pool D play. Hogs play tomorrow at noon. Sorry I could not post updates but no one twittered or facebook posted the game.

pigture perfect

The Hockey Team dedicated a game to my sons memory 2 years ago. I've been a fan every since. Thanks for the thread.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

PORKULATOR

Saw an Arkansas Hockey sticker on a car the other day. JEALOUS
I am... I want one. Come on Hogs
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

PORKULATOR

Quote from: pigture perfect on March 11, 2014, 08:46:35 pm
The Hockey Team dedicated a game to my sons memory 2 years ago. I've been a fan every since. Thanks for the thread.
+1
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

RazorPiggie

I need someone to explain this whole hockey thing out for me please.

I know we have a team and I'm guessing it is students from the UofA? But what are people talking about when they say its a club team?

Thanks I'll hang up and read.

ghg1

Quote from: RazorPiggie            (Matt D) on March 12, 2014, 07:37:43 am
I need someone to explain this whole hockey thing out for me please.

I know we have a team and I'm guessing it is students from the UofA? But what are people talking about when they say its a club team?

Thanks I'll hang up and read.

http://urec.uark.edu/11796.htm

Wayne Watson

Today's game is noon and will be streamed at fasthockey.com.

:razorback: :razorback:  WPS   :razorback: :razorback:
Take a look at http://gridironhistory.com/
IF YOU DON'T TAILGATE WITH HOGVILLE...YOU HAVEN'T BEEN TO A TAILGATE!
Check out www.fearlessfriday.com
We don't rent pigs

FaytownHog

Man, heart breaker last night! Gotta win the next two to maybe get out of pool play. Hope we can bounce back! Go Ice Hogs!

jacobp

lol, I paid to watch the game yesterday. Not doing it again, but we almost pulled off the comeback.

JHicks3636

Arkansas bounced back today to beat Neumann 14-6. They play Central Florida tomorrow at 2:30 and will need a win to advance from pool play.

John Futrall

FaytownHog

Quote from: RazorPiggie            (Matt D) on March 12, 2014, 09:50:20 am
So what do they need to do to be apart of the NCAA?
Not have title 9? Not live in the south where the big 3 get all the schollys? I'm sure there are more reasons but if you're a male and don't play football or basketball or baseball in the south, you aren't getting a scholly, and in baseball you probably aren't getting a full one.

RNHog

Quote from: JHicks3636 on March 11, 2014, 11:53:29 am
The team will began pool play at 6 CST tonight. First opponent is 2-time defending champion Adrian University. I will try to update the score throughout the game as well as for the next two pool play games as well. Hopefully we will make it through pool play and into the next round. It may be club play but these guys play hard to represent Arkansas.

Ok.

PonderinHog

popcornhog

Quote from: FaytownHog on March 12, 2014, 03:40:00 pm
Not have title 9? Not live in the south where the big 3 get all the schollys? I'm sure there are more reasons but if you're a male and don't play football or basketball or baseball in the south, you aren't getting a scholly, and in baseball you probably aren't getting a full one.

I'm pretty sure the track team gives out scholarships. I'm not so sure about other sports.

Either way, I don't see how that would prohibit them from being an NCAA sport.
WPS

pignparadise

Quote from: RazorPiggie            (Matt D) on March 12, 2014, 09:50:20 am
So what do they need to do to be apart of the NCAA?
They are a long ways from NCAA. The Hockey team I think competes in Division II Club. There are a lot of Division I Club teams who are a lot lot better.
If the U of A wanted to have NCAA hockey they would have to compete in NCAA Division I hockey. We might as well play the Detroit Red Wings that's how far we are from NCAA Division I hockey.
"The race is long.. and in the end it's only with yourself.....", Baz Luhrman "Sunscreen"

JHicks3636

Arkansas did what it had to do and beat Central Florida 6-2. The final score was very important as it appears the tie-breakers will come into effect in our Pool. If Adrian loses tonight, Arkansas will advance as a result of this win over UCF. If Adrian wins tonight, 3 teams will have 1 loss so the first tie-breaker will be fewest goals allowed. At this point Arkansas would advance over UCF since we had 12 goals scored against us and UCF had 13 scored on them. Adrian has had 8 scored on them so we need Neumann to score at least 4 goals against Adrian if Adrian wins the game. The 14-6 win yesterday may come back to bite us due to giving up so many goals. All I can say is go Neumann.

JHicks3636

Bad news at the moment as Adrian leads 3-0 with only 6 minutes to go in the 2nd period. Neumann needs 4 goals and has none

FaytownHog

Quote from: JHicks3636 on March 13, 2014, 06:59:39 pm
Bad news at the moment as Adrian leads 3-0 with only 6 minutes to go in the 2nd period. Neumann needs 4 goals and has none
yikes

JHicks3636

Adrian wins 5-2 and will advance from Pool D thus eliminating the Hogs due to the tie-breaker. A great season for the team comes to an end.

PORKULATOR

Dag nabit... I want them to do well so more folks will take interest.

nationwish

I know it's the rule you play by, but I dislike tiebreakers based on goals against. It should be goal differential first, then goals against. Otherwise you only take one side of the game instead of both, and it penalizes teams that get into games that are higher-scoring. Still, it was a decent performance at Nationals, and I believe they will have most of the team back next year.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Q. Who is eligible to participate in Club Sports?

A. Club Sport participation is open to any student currently enrolled in classes through the University of Arkansas (flagship institution only) as well as any faculty, staff, and spouses who have a current UREC membership. Individual clubs may have more specific eligibility due to their structure and may hold tryouts for teams.

Can we get these guys on staff in admin positions..?

Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.