Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

A win for life

Started by Mike_e, March 10, 2014, 08:29:10 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike_e

Not what some might want to hear but life is bigger than football.  I say this because for some football has lost it's reason.

I decided not to hold a press conference because I didn't want to have to say things that were cliché. I've done enough of that since I've been playing football. I actually didn't really plan on saying anything about my retirement at all. I just kind of wanted to disappear. The fact that I was done playing would've been clear once some time had passed, and I hadn't signed back with the Cardinals or any other team. Maybe people would've thought I couldn't get another job. Either way, I was okay with the idea of fading to black, and my legacy becoming "What ever happened to that dude Rashard Mendenhall? He was pretty good for a few years, then he just vanished."

have a read..

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/rashard-mendenhall/rashard-mendenhall-retirement-_b_4931316.html
Y'all don't straighten up and raise some hell OTR and Rev are goin to put a saddle on Darrel Royal's floating fulminatin head and ride you down!

HognotinMemphis

I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

Dillar Dog

PorkRinds

I liked what he said.  Sounded way more grounded than most pro athletes.

superior_wang

Quote from: PorkRinds on March 10, 2014, 09:32:37 am
I liked what he said.  Sounded way more grounded than most pro athletes.

^^^^ this. 

PorkSoda

I'm suprised more athletes don't do that.  rack up some mils then take the money and run while you are still healthy enough to enjoy it.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: PorkSoda on March 11, 2014, 04:08:27 pm
I'm suprised more athletes don't do that.  rack up some mils then take the money and run while you are still healthy enough to enjoy it.

Because a lot of them spend it before they grow up and realize they should save a lot of it. 
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?