Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

McTelvin Agim

Started by arkansasrazorback, March 08, 2014, 01:15:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

arkansasrazorback

Danny West ‏@DannyWest1  6m
2016 DE McTelvin @So_Splash Agim of Hope has a chance to be the highest-rated recruit to come out of Arkansas in a long time.

I know he is still very young, but does anyone know if this guy is high on Arkansas? 

pillowhog

Talked to him a couple days ago at track meet, total freak.  Seemed like he liked the hogs to me

CDBHawg

Define long time. We've had a few 5 stars in the past decade.

ImHogginIt

Saw where RD thinks he has a chance to be a top 5-10 overall player in the nation in the 16 class. 

Huds_HawgTide

"you can get a good look at a t-bone by sticking your head up a bulls ass, but id rather just take the butchers word for it" tom callahan
tommy boy

"Don't leave and be FROM Arkansas, stay and BE Arkansas" --coach jimmy dykes

"Going to mcd's for a salad is like going to a brothel for a hug"

redeye

Quote from: CDBHawg on March 08, 2014, 04:45:07 pm
Define long time. We've had a few 5 stars in the past decade.

Darius Winston, Darren McFadden, Mitch Mustain, Shawn Andrews, who else?  There haven't been all that many of them.

Hogeration

Quote from: arkansasrazorback on March 08, 2014, 01:15:18 pm
Danny West ‏@DannyWest1  6m
2016 DE McTelvin @So_Splash Agim of Hope has a chance to be the highest-rated recruit to come out of Arkansas in a long time.

I know he is still very young, but does anyone know if this guy is high on Arkansas? 

I'm not Danny West but I've been saying that ever since I watched his highlight video.  The kid has talent equal to if not beyond Clowney.  I'm not sure if he will equal his 40 speed but his first step is just as explosive.  We need Mr. Agim.  He is a game changer. 

Hey Super

Quote from: redeye on March 08, 2014, 06:37:00 pm
Darius Winston, Darren McFadden, Mitch Mustain, Shawn Andrews, who else?  There haven't been all that many of them.

Ryan Mallet, Michael Dyer
As the ancient Tibetan philosophy states...... "Don't start none ... won't be none"<br /><br />
Quote from: Seebs on July 23, 2011, 02:33:26 pm<br />Please do not allow facts to get in the way of a good freak out<br />

redeye

Quote from: LongHog on March 08, 2014, 08:01:09 pm
Ryan Mallet, Michael Dyer

Thanks!

Forgot about Dyer.  Mallett officially came out of Texas, which is why I didn't mention him.

HogFoo

Lots of great talent coming out of the state in all sports over the next few years.  Which is great!  I think with the upswing in basketball (even tho todays loss) I think we are sitting good with basketball recruits.   Football wise, I think we will have a good season (7-8 wins) and I think that that will lend towards the recruits wanting to stay in state.

I believe we will get most of these recruits.  Just my feeling. 
Basketball is back, baseball always, football was a dumpster fire once again..... but as the phoenix rose from the ashes, BMF Petrino has risen again!!! Lots to look forward to.  <br /><br />As the rain falls, I realize, that some where out there, some one, is wearing a mask while they shower............

pigture perfect

Really hope we get this kid.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

CDBHawg

Dyer, Cook, Frazier, Burns.

That's eight. I said a few.

redeye

Quote from: CDBHawg on March 08, 2014, 10:50:15 pm
Dyer, Cook, Frazier, Burns.

That's eight. I said a few.

That's almost 1 a year and I admit that I'm somewhat surprised.  Very impressive!

However, the hit/miss ratio is rather shocking.

PygmalionEffect

Cook, Frazier, and Burns were 4 star players.

Top 10:
  Mitch Mustain (Gatorade Player of the Year)  It's possible he wasn't in Rivals top 10 since they usually rank Arkansas players lower.  McFadden was in the 30's.

Before I followed recruiting:
   Shawn Andrews?
   Madre Hill ?
Pygmalion Effect - The phenomenon in which the greater the expectation placed upon people, the better they perform.

Cobbler

Rivals 5 stars from Arkansas since 2002:

Darren McFadden - 2005 (23rd)
Mitch Mustain - 2006 (10th)
Darius Winston - 2009 (24th)
Michael Dyer - 2010 (11th)

Arkansas put out four top 100 Rivals players in 2001 (Houston, Howard, Andrews, Huckeba), which is incredible, but none were five stars.

http://ohiostate.247sports.com/Board/120/Rivals-top-100-from-2000-and-2001-19824866/1 

redeye

Quote from: PygmalionEffect on March 09, 2014, 11:40:42 am
Cook, Frazier, and Burns were 4 star players.

Top 10:
  Mitch Mustain (Gatorade Player of the Year)  It's possible he wasn't in Rivals top 10 since they usually rank Arkansas players lower.  McFadden was in the 30's.

Before I followed recruiting:
   Shawn Andrews?
   Madre Hill ?

Shawn Andrews was rated very high, although I can't recall if he was given 4 or 5 stars.  I'll guess that he was at least a high 4 star, because I remember him being a big time recruit worthy of 5 stars.

Madre Hill came before the advent of recruiting services and I'm not sure that he was appreciated much outside the state, anyway.

redeye

Quote from: Cobbler on March 09, 2014, 12:31:50 pm
Rivals 5 stars from Arkansas since 2002:

Darren McFadden - 2005 (23rd)
Mitch Mustain - 2006 (10th)
Darius Winston - 2009 (24th)
Michael Dyer - 2010 (11th)

Arkansas put out four top 100 Rivals players in 2001 (Houston, Howard, Andrews, Huckeba), which is incredible, but none were five stars.

http://ohiostate.247sports.com/Board/120/Rivals-top-100-from-2000-and-2001-19824866/1

If we cheat a little:

Ryan Mallett - 2007 (4th)

He was actually the #1 player in Texas, though.

Huds_HawgTide

There are several services if only one service lists a kid a five star everyone considers em a five star
"you can get a good look at a t-bone by sticking your head up a bulls ass, but id rather just take the butchers word for it" tom callahan
tommy boy

CDBHawg

Quote from: tophawgwatcher on March 09, 2014, 03:36:15 pm
There are several services if only one service lists a kid a five star everyone considers em a five star

Because they are.

Steef

Wasn't Alex a 5 on 247?

Sure does feel like I'm watching a 5 when he carries the ball.

For that matter, JWill was projected during his junior year, to be a 5 by the time he graduated. I believe he got injured and it set back his rating. I THINK I'm remembering that correctly.

Brey Cook was flirting with a 5 briefly during his senior year.

Huds_HawgTide

Breybwas a five by scout or one of em at least he may of fell out on last rerankings but he was a five star mosy the yr
tommy boy

COCHISE

Anybody know if he happens to be a Hog fan?

redswarmrising

wasn't Tenpenny a 5 star also?

redeye

Quote from: redswarmrising on March 09, 2014, 10:36:49 pm
wasn't Tenpenny a 5 star also?

Nope.  Just looked and he was a 4 star on all the major services.

Tim Harris

Quote from: tophawgwatcher on March 09, 2014, 03:36:15 pm

It is common knowledge that you always go with the highest rated service.

gmarv

how about gary brashears was he not one of the top qbs
his senior year.not sure he helps people who swear by the
ratings tho.

lightsout

He would be a great piece. We need to start getting at least 5-6 guys of this caliber in EVERY class.

Adam Stokes

Quote from: HogWildBison2011 on March 09, 2014, 04:07:32 pm

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/o/2628324/highlights/116035375

The play at 3:02 is one of my all-time favorites.  Just grabs the guy by the sleeve as he runs past him, pulls him out of the pile and just rag doll's him to the ground.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: gmarv on March 10, 2014, 10:40:23 am
how about gary brashears was he not one of the top qbs
his senior year.not sure he helps people who swear by the
ratings tho.
yeah. Hugely overrated. Who stick was papa brashears slobberin on?
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli