Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Trey Thompson

Started by arkansasrazorback, March 06, 2014, 07:43:21 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Nipsey Mussle

Trey Thompson and Forrest City beat a solid, 2 time defending champion, Jacksonville team to claim the 5a title. Crazy to me to think how easily Alma could've beaten them several games ago. Alma had the ball with the game tied and only about 30 seconds left in OT but turned it over.

Anyone know Thompson's stats in the title game?

forrest city joe

Quote from: Hog are ya on March 07, 2014, 02:22:19 am
thanks guys for the info.  I love to hear how our new recruits are doing. 

Side note....  Has Forrest City Joe given his summation of Thompson?  You would figure he would be checking him out......?
Trey is a hell of a player. i have watched him since the 9th grad. and he has all the skills to be a very good college player.is he Coriss, NO. but he is a Damn good player who will help the Hogs next year. and he just led my Mustangs to the 5A basketball championship. Woo------------HOO. so pround of my Forrest city Mustangs. first state championship in Basketball. GO MUSTANGS and GO HOGS. Trey was the MVP. so glad he is a Hog.

OnTheHillHogFan

Quote from: BBsTheMan on March 14, 2014, 11:43:44 pm
Trey Thompson and Forrest City beat a solid, 2 time defending champion, Jacksonville team to claim the 5a title. Crazy to me to think how easily Alma could've beaten them several games ago. Alma had the ball with the game tied and only about 30 seconds left in OT but turned it over.

Anyone know Thompson's stats in the title game?
12 and 10 I think but he banged his head on the court in the semi final and dealt with some hamstring problems throughout the tournament.
Quote from: JaketheSnake on November 07, 2012, 10:28:17 am
Shoot the Obama deer... the ones that come for the free corn.
Quote from: ReddieHawg on November 06, 2013, 09:38:24 am
Do you happen to have any rapping skills? I think we could set you up with DJ Khaled and you could make a song entitled, "All I Do Is Bitch"

The_Iceman

Quote from: 3kgthog on March 15, 2014, 08:46:33 am
I certainly hope he was slightly injured. My friend went to the game yesterday and said Thompson was moving pretty slowly and basically stood around a lot. If anything, that tells me he'll fit our offense perfectly.

Leave this crap in Jump Ball.

Nipsey Mussle

Quote from: GreenbrierHogFan on March 15, 2014, 05:49:05 am
12 and 10 I think but he banged his head on the court in the semi final and dealt with some hamstring problems throughout the tournament.
That was indeed a rough spill in the semi-finals.

three hog night

I certainly hope he was slightly injured. My friend went to the game yesterday and said Thompson was moving pretty slowly and basically stood around a lot. If anything, that tells me he'll fit our offense perfectly.

We should not be attacking recruits and signees.  It has been established that he has been injured.  He may have motivation issues but we should not have anymore insults thrown at the kid.
Petrino left a mess and Bielema is trying to fill in the talent gaps.  Anderson finally has some talent to work with.  He needs more at select positions and that will come in the next recruiting class. 
Posters that think they are Jim Rhome are ruining message boards.

Hawg Red

Quote from: three hog night on March 15, 2014, 11:38:53 am
We should not be attacking recruits and signees.  It has been established that he has been injured.  He may have motivation issues but we should not have anymore insults thrown at the kid.

Maybe that last line about fitting in with the Hogs can be taken as an insult, but is saying you watched a kid play and he stood around a lot really an insult? If that's what he saw, that's what he saw. Chill out.

Razorpigg

You are, without a doubt, one of the worst posters in the history of Hogville...

jry04

Did your friend also tell you that he was being doubled every trip down the court, and sometimes tripled when he got the ball? If not, you definitely did not get the whole story. Jacksonville's entire game plan was to take Thompson out of the game and make other players beat them. FC was able to hit quite a few shots over the course of the game. He certainly didn't have a lot point total because he was just being lazy. He is dealing with injuries and had at least two guy on him every trip.

It is hilarious how people get on here talking bad about recruits without ever seeing them play. Remember in the state title game last year when Portis was being doubled all game long and had a bad line and everyone said he was overrated? I guess he turned out to be alright...

Hogberry Snortcake

Quote from: jry04 on March 15, 2014, 12:52:56 pm
Did your friend also tell you that he was being doubled every trip down the court, and sometimes tripled when he got the ball? If not, you definitely did not get the whole story. Jacksonville's entire game plan was to take Thompson out of the game and make other players beat them. FC was able to hit quite a few shots over the course of the game. He certainly didn't have a lot point total because he was just being lazy. He is dealing with injuries and had at least two guy on him every trip.

It is hilarious how people get on here talking bad about recruits without ever seeing them play. Remember in the state title game last year when Portis was being doubled all game long and had a bad line and everyone said he was overrated? I guess he turned out to be alright...

Apropos of nothing, I remember when we (Bentonville) played Corliss and our coach had us quadruple team Corliss.  Like a really tight 4 + 1 zone.  I think we held him to 20 something so I guess it worked out minus the humiliating dunks.  Ha. 

micali

Quote from: Hogberry Snortcake on March 15, 2014, 03:30:05 pm
Apropos of nothing, I remember when we (Bentonville) played Corliss and our coach had us quadruple team Corliss.  Like a really tight 4 + 1 zone.  I think we held him to 20 something so I guess it worked out minus the humiliating dunks.  Ha. 
I went to b'ville as well and watched as Corliss dunked on us at will.  We even started cheering for him when he did it.  That kid was awesome.

Danny J

Quote from: micali on March 17, 2014, 10:48:34 pm
I went to b'ville as well and watched as Corliss dunked on us at will.  We even started cheering for him when he did it.  That kid was awesome.
Yes he was. We actually beat him here at Southside my Sophmore season when he was a senior.

Nipsey Mussle

Quote from: Danny J (headhawg7) on March 17, 2014, 11:15:11 pm
Yes he was. We actually beat him here at Southside my Sophmore season when he was a senior.
I was at that game. I'm sure you remember the alley oop he threw down?

That was a good southside basketball team including Barry Lunney Jr. Shs is an embarrassment in basketball these days.

jry04

Quote from: micali on March 17, 2014, 10:48:34 pm
#1 player in the nation coming out of high school. He was alright.