Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Avery Johnson update

Started by The Recruiting Guy, March 04, 2014, 09:15:03 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Vantage 8 dude

Richard, As always thanks for the reports. Thanks too for the introduction of "Hognese" to the recruiting jargon. Nice!!!!! ;D

Seebs

Nice hops. Hope he develops into what Smith wants.
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

hogwild210

Quote from: Steef on May 26, 2017, 12:28:23 pm
Still, one can never go wrong with excrement at a time like this.

Mo_Better_Hogs

Quote from: hogwild210 on March 04, 2014, 09:28:38 am
Wow, look at those ups!

No kidding. 6-1, 200+, and can put his elbow on the rim. That's an athlete we could use. And I like the safety/outside LB idea.

ldfergu

Oklahawg

Quote from: StoneTemplePiglets on March 04, 2014, 10:27:26 am
white man CAN jump!

Singular - he is the only one!!

I saw the picture and suddenly had no concerns about him getting an offer. That is skill that can't be taught.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

OLDHOG

Arthur pigby sellers.

They play on 7 foot high goals in that level.  So not as impressive ;)

AF74Razorback

Quote from: Oklahawg on March 04, 2014, 11:58:42 am

I saw the picture and suddenly had no concerns about him getting an offer. That is skill that can't be taught.

I had two cousins who could dunk.   Joe Simcoe of Waverly, NY,  1000+ pt scorer and Joel Stephens who was a football/baseball all-American at Elmira Notre Dame.   Also Greg Skulman of the Hogs.   I know you are kidding but Joe was 6'7 and Joel  6'2.
Love the Razorbacks and disdain fair weather fans.

ThisTeetsTaken

Leaping like that comes from explosive leg muscles which translates into hitting/tackling power.  He could be a SS or "husky" position guy.  I hope he gets an offer.
***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

Hawgvillain

Quote from: AF74Razorback on March 04, 2014, 09:25:59 pm
I had two cousins who could dunk.   Joe Simcoe of Waverly, NY,  1000+ pt scorer and Joel Stephens who was a football/baseball all-American at Elmira Notre Dame.   Also Greg Skulman of the Hogs.   I know you are kidding but Joe was 6'7 and Joel  6'2.
Greg Skulman is now my wife's dentist -- first time I have seen his name mentioned on Hv.

JackJohnson

While yes that is impressive and does show explosion, it should just be one of MANY factors to be considered.  Price Holmes is 2 inches taller, almost 20 lbs heavier and has a very impressive 35.5 inch verticle -higher than projected first round Safety's Clinton-Dix and Calvin Pryor who are smaller.   Would you offer him if he was coming out of HS?

If Johnson gets offered I hope it is bc he shows he has actual football abilities and his "explosiveness" helps him excel at being a football player rather than just dunking a basketball

moses_007

Mike Anderson could use him inside too.  Some real beef under the basket.

(notOM)Rebel123

"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

ckhawgu

LB is probably not a bad move for this kid to make! Looks tough and seems to have that mentality from watching his tape... hope he can make an impression at camp and translate that into an offer!

The Iron Hog

He is 6'1 205lbs and ran a 4.54 laser timer 40 yard dash. I would be shocked if he did not receive an offer. He could easily grow into a 6'1 240# linebacker and stay in the 4.6s 40 yard dash range. He could also add about 5-10# and increase the straight line speed he has now. Could be anything from a solid special teams playmaker to a starting linebacker. He is definitely a solid prospect.

ricepig

He didn't look like he weighed 205lb in the picture of him in the locker room. I'm sure he will put on some weight this year.

HogDaddy

Quote from: ricepig on March 08, 2014, 10:55:17 am
He didn't look like he weighed 205lb in the picture of him in the locker room. I'm sure he will put on some weight this year.
I believe you're talking about Deon Stewart, the WR from Highland that has an offer. He's in the 165ish range. Avery currently doesn't have an offer but hopefully can earn one this summer.

ricepig

Quote from: HogDaddy on March 08, 2014, 12:16:09 pm
I believe you're talking about Deon Stewart, the WR from Highland that has an offer. He's in the 165ish range. Avery currently doesn't have an offer but hopefully can earn one this summer.

Nope, I'm talking about Johnson, RD or D West had tweeted a picture of him in a uniform in the dressing room, he looked about 190lb at most to me.

HometownHawg

Quote from: ricepig on March 08, 2014, 01:49:52 pm
Nope, I'm talking about Johnson, RD or D West had tweeted a picture of him in a uniform in the dressing room, he looked about 190lb at most to me.
Dre Greenlaw looked 205 but Johnson has a good frame to put more weight on

ckhawgu

Just curious and doing some additional digging and see where he was listed over 200lbs at both the Dallas & Memphis Nike SPARQ camps.

Seems like he did well in both as a Soph:

#21 @ http://www.studentsports.com/blog/2013/04/11/dallas-nfsc-testing-results/

Look at how many AR guys finished in the Top 25 in Dallas compared to the TX boys! ;-)

#6 @ http://www.studentsports.com/blog/2013/04/18/memphis-nike-football-training-camp-testing-results/

Beat out Josh Liddell's SPARQ ratings both times... IMO, this guy needs to evidently just focus on football and forget the other sports!

HogDaddy

Quote from: ricepig on March 08, 2014, 01:49:52 pm
Oh I didn't see the picture of Avery in the dressing room but did see one of Deon wearing the #3 jersey along with Ty Storey, Gragg, OGrady, Hill and about 3 linemen. Danny West tweeted the pic along with the tagline that all have offers and 4 had accepted. Avery may have dropped weight during basketball but he played at 205 at least during football.
Nevermind......I see the picture of Avery now