Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The End of the 10 Second Debate is Near

Started by EulessHog, March 03, 2014, 08:42:07 am

Previous topic - Next topic

TomasPistola

Gus "the People's choice"???

Laughable.

I don't want Gus anywhere near our program.
Quote from: Hog Momster on January 06, 2011, 09:45:30 pm
You were right.
Quote from: Breems on April 28, 2011, 05:58:14 pm
You did a great job.
Quote from: Verge on June 22, 2011, 08:44:20 am
If you have some form of mental retardation i will stop making fun of you, just want to clarify this first.

secneahog

Quote from: Wants2Win on March 03, 2014, 11:15:56 am
Knocking a bowl win..ANY bowl win with our bowl record is just asinine.

What bowl did we win in CBP first year?..
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

jkstock04

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on March 03, 2014, 10:52:59 am
Fans showing displeasure with our record last season is to be expected. Fans not realizing it may take more than one year to turn this ship around and getting bent out of shape and dogging a coach (when they know nothing about being a D1 or any level coach coach for that matter) that just got here is another.
The "positive" outlooks on here seem to be in constant evolution. I have no problem with any one persons opinion but the lack of objectivity has grown to an all time high over the past couple of years. Grasping straws would be an understatement.

Winning would solve everything. I hope Bielema can get it done for the sake of everyone and the program.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

three hog night

Petrino left a mess and Bielema is trying to fill in the talent gaps.  Anderson finally has some talent to work with.  He needs more at select positions and that will come in the next recruiting class. 
Posters that think they are Jim Rhome are ruining message boards.

OKC

Why should he shut-up? Most of the time his quotes are taken from questions he is asked. I appreciate his candor and willingness to stand behind what he says. Yeah I question the sincerity or if there is a hidden agenda, but I am a skeptic most of the time. As far as referencing the player who died....yes it is sad that he died, but did anyone think that maybe that AD was taking an opportunity to cry foul to gain popularity points in a world that loves to jump on the bandwagon? Most people probably didn't take the time to listen to exactly what CBB actually said.

three hog night

Quote from: OKC on March 03, 2014, 01:06:34 pm
Why should he shut-up? Most of the time his quotes are taken from questions he is asked. I appreciate his candor and willingness to stand behind what he says. Yeah I question the sincerity or if there is a hidden agenda, but I am a skeptic most of the time. As far as referencing the player who died....yes it is sad that he died, but did anyone think that maybe that AD was taking an opportunity to cry foul to gain popularity points in a world that loves to jump on the bandwagon? Most people probably didn't take the time to listen to exactly what CBB actually said.

The Cal AD went drama queen and nobody took the time to scratch the surface to determine why...they run the HUNH and Cal would be liable if it appeared their offense created a liability or risk to players.  This is not that Bret said anything terrible in the attempt to protect players...it is pure politics.
Petrino left a mess and Bielema is trying to fill in the talent gaps.  Anderson finally has some talent to work with.  He needs more at select positions and that will come in the next recruiting class. 

I believe cwhite4455 referenced the Bama beat down with that 52-0 comment.  He did say JOIN the 52-0 whatever. I took it to mean that Malzahn might take it personal and try to go 52-0 on us this next game.  Would not surprise me.

BB knew the only way to get some relief from the pace game was to declare it a safety issue as that is the only issues not automatically tabled during this year.  Sadly, there are at least 20 things you could do for football to make it safer for all but this pace thing seems to be the hot item right now for a few folks.  I can understand why Saban wants it stopped cause he hasn't figured a way to stop it on the field yet.  But BB really only has the fact he likes to run power football and take his time and his current defense stinks.  A team like Arkansas is one of those that could benefit from a pace offense because it gives a team without dozens of bluechips a possible chance to beat a team full of 4 and 5 stars. 

Danny J

Quote from: 12247 on March 03, 2014, 01:43:58 pm
I believe cwhite4455 referenced the Bama beat down with that 52-0 comment.  He did say JOIN the 52-0 whatever. I took it to mean that Malzahn might take it personal and try to go 52-0 on us this next game.  Would not surprise me.

BB knew the only way to get some relief from the pace game was to declare it a safety issue as that is the only issues not automatically tabled during this year.  Sadly, there are at least 20 things you could do for football to make it safer for all but this pace thing seems to be the hot item right now for a few folks.  I can understand why Saban wants it stopped cause he hasn't figured a way to stop it on the field yet.  But BB really only has the fact he likes to run power football and take his time and his current defense stinks.  A team like Arkansas is one of those that could benefit from a pace offense because it gives a team without dozens of bluechips a possible chance to beat a team full of 4 and 5 stars.
I agree and have said for some time now it would benefit us to run a HUNH at times but run the play clock down. Fight fire with fire. However.....BB used the player safety issue as a reason to not run such a offense so it would seem he was disingenuous or a hypocrite were he to adopt it. He put himself in a box.

EulessHog

March 03, 2014, 02:11:28 pm #58 Last Edit: March 03, 2014, 02:21:59 pm by cwhite4455

Yea.  I think many on this board are weary of the "just give him time" (JGHT) side.  With that logic, the clown would still be around and the fault would lie with everyone that wasn't quick enough to smile after every loss.

Arkansas is a great school with a lot of tradition.  The basketball side is starting to see that.  CBB has to step up his game starting this season.  That means a five win 2014 season.  Anything less deserves increased scrutiny from the fans and the money that hired him. 

I'm not here to bring up the fake field goals, the 52 point losses or having a first season that was even worse season than the clown's first season.  However, I will should BB earn another another blow-out loss or another eight or nine loss season.
Go Hogs Go!

LR54

CBB didn't propose the rule or vote for the rule.

How exactly would it affect pace when no HUNH team was regularly snapping the ball in less than 10 seconds?

HUNH fans and coaches, along with the media, have tried to deflect attention away from the real issue. The equal opportunity to substitute is the REAL issue, not pace of play.

If you're capable of fielding a top tier O-line, it's not advantageous to run a HUNH offense. CBB's balanced system was very competitive against teams with much higher recruiting rankings in the B1G. He was regularly winning conference championships against some of the most well financed teams in college football, when he didn't even have a practice field. You can't be much more of an underdog than that.

LR54

Quote from: cwhite4455 on March 03, 2014, 02:11:28 pm
Yea.  I think many on this board are weary of the "just give him time" (JGHT) side.  With that logic, the clown would still be around and the fault would lie with everyone that wasn't quick enough to smile after every loss.

Arkansas is a great school with a lot of tradition.  The basketball side is starting to see that.  CBB has to step up his game starting this season.  That means a five win 2014 season.  Anything less deserves increased scrutiny from the fans and the money that hired him. 

I'm not here to bring up the fake field goals, the 52 point losses or having a first season that was even worse season than the clown's first season.  However, I will should BB earn another another blow-out loss or another eight or nine loss season.

JLS was handed an 11 win team full of experienced future NFL players, and dropped to 4 wins.

CBB was handed a 4 win team with NO returning key offensive contributors, and dropped to 3 wins.

Do you see a difference?

BorderPatrol

WHAT THE [CENSORED] HELL ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?

He has coached ONE damn season. ONE FREAKING SEASON.

Give me a freaking break.

bp

DukeOfPork

Quote from: BorderPatrol on March 03, 2014, 02:49:45 pm

bp

Asking for five wins this season is not unrealistic.

LZH

Quote from: DukeOfPork on March 03, 2014, 03:00:57 pm
Asking for five wins this season is not unrealistic.

Nor was asking for five wins last season.

redeye

???

Some of you guys try to read too much into everything.  Bielema could scratch his head and you'd say he was confused, when he actually just had a dry itch.

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: DukeOfPork on March 03, 2014, 09:26:32 am
We gave up 52 in back-to-back SEC games.  He is talking about Auburn possibly joining the "52 Club".  He didn't phrase it well, obviously.

I have defended Long and Bielema dozens of times on this board.  But it is true: it is time for CBB to just shut up and coach.

No...actually, he edited it.  He's a troll...and didn't do any homework.  It's quoted in a few posts how he originally phrased it as ANOTHER 52-0 loss to Auburn. 
I've never wanted a Hog coach to be successful more than I do for Pittman.  He's one of the good guys.

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: jkstock04 on March 03, 2014, 12:32:12 pm
The "positive" outlooks on here seem to be in constant evolution. I have no problem with any one persons opinion but the lack of objectivity has grown to an all time high over the past couple of years. Grasping straws would be an understatement.

Winning would solve everything. I hope Bielema can get it done for the sake of everyone and the program.

Your campaign to whine about how you're in the minority by being called out as having nothing but negative things to say about the program is hilarious in my mind.  It actually bothers you when people stand up for the team doesn't it? 

Then after you get your blasts in, you post your token "I hope BB can get it done."  Your posts don't reflect that AT ALL. 

Don't sit there and tell me I'm grasping at straws for believing that we saw some good things at the end of last season, recruiting is improving steadily, and there's nothing to hope for when the FACT IS BP didn't fare much better at all in his first season as the HC here.  Did that indicate imminent failure? 

It's OK if you see imminent failure, but rest assured that if you're going to spew that tripe, then there are those that are going to point to the obvious history and refute what you have to say.  Why?  Because objectivity goes BOTH WAYS.  It doesn't reside strictly on the negative side that you occupy, and then insinuating that everyone else that doesn't see it as gloom and doom isn't objective.  One can be objective, and still be positive...even though you seem incapable of understanding that. 
I've never wanted a Hog coach to be successful more than I do for Pittman.  He's one of the good guys.

Vantage 8 dude

Well when referring to anyone as a "clown" you're certainly very well qualified to speak on that particular subject. Undeniable world expert source in that respect.

EulessHog

Quote from: BorderPatrol on March 03, 2014, 02:49:45 pm

bp

Looks like you might be a member of the JGHT crowd.  You guys are unreasonable and quick to anger- IMHO- Smile.
Go Hogs Go!

urkillnmesmalls

The issue with that is, EVERYONE knew where the coaches stood on the issue prior to this year's game.  It's a BIG reason why people think GM had Swain go down like his right leg was engulfed by a pool of lava when nothing but air touched him. 

I know the Auburn fans have been saying that GM ran their base "spring scrimmage" offense on us, but it was the same offense they ran on everyone all year.  He wasn't holding back to save anyone's feelings.  He'll give us his best shot this season too, and I'm sure the rule will be the same. 

I do expect further discussion about it with regard to strategy and the impact on the game long term.  But...I truly hope CBB isn't involved with that discussion. 

EulessHog

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on March 03, 2014, 03:49:36 pm
Well when referring to anyone as a "clown" you're certainly very well qualified to speak on that particular subject. Undeniable world expert source in that respect.
Another member of the JGHT crowd.  Wow.

The only thing I demand is quality coaching.  That is something we did not get last year.
Go Hogs Go!

LZH

LZH

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: cwhite4455 on March 03, 2014, 03:50:45 pm
Looks like you might be a member of the JGHT crowd.  You guys are unreasonable and quick to anger- IMHO- Smile.

Yeah, pretty unreasonable to give a HC who embraces an entirely different system that requires a different type of player, three years to get things in place before passing judgement.
Go Hogs Go!

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: cwhite4455 on March 03, 2014, 03:51:34 pm

The only thing I demand is quality coaching.  That is something we did not get last year.

Do you stomp around your living room demanding better coaching to your wife, kids, friend?   :P    Or.....do you go up to JL's office and stomp around demanding better coaching there?  If you do that, PLEASE video it and put it up on Youtube.  That's something I would like to see.   ;)

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: cwhite4455 on March 03, 2014, 09:51:10 am
Just following in the footsteps our beloved "foot in mouth" coach.  Or, maybe it's cold and icy outside and we all have nothing else to do.  Hmmmm.

Seriously, I wish we would have gotten someone other than BB.  Now that we have him though, he needs to perform.  That doesn't mean we all have to be remain silent while he is constantly doing the media fumble.
Actually I'm totally shocked that your refer to "it's cold and icy outside"...I mean with all your hot air it should definitely feel like Key West around your house  year round!!

LR54

It was better than Auburn's or the Aggies' against LSU. Steady improvement in the last few games of the season, with the best performance of the year coming in the last game against top competition, should be encouraging to most reasonable fans.

Fan1958

On a torrid Saturday afternoon in the South in late August or anytime in the month of September when a 300 pound d-lineman collapses and dies after being on the field for 7-8 straight plays against a no huddle offense with the coach of the defensive team having no opportunity to sub him out this issue will, unfortunately, take care of itself.  After this happens, the usual suspect talking heads and those with a bend against football in the first place will scream from the mountain tops.

Those who favor the no huddle offense should graciously accept the generous offer of BB and NS while they have the opportunity.  After the inevitable tragedy occurs, there will be a mandatory 20 seconds between plays and we will see how Gus and those of his ilk look then.   
Conservatives have always proudly proclaimed themselves to be conservative.  Liberals are now "Progressives"?  Must be terrible to have to hide what you really are.

I like smites.  That's how I know I'm really pissing off the "Progressives".

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on March 03, 2014, 12:19:21 pm
BB will just tell his players to fake injuries like the almighty Gus does.
Nah, ole CBB doesn't have the powers of miraculous healing that Gus does...how many other HCs (besides Saban) do you know can walk on water?!

EulessHog

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on March 03, 2014, 04:02:22 pm
Yeah, pretty unreasonable to give a HC who embraces an entirely different system that requires a different type of player, three years to get things in place before passing judgement.

No it is not.  Perfectly reasonable to give him time.  There are, however, certain standards- even in bad years.  Being winless in the conference and suffering a couple of humiliating losses aren't among them.

Mainly though, I'm just saying he needs to keep his mouth shut and coach.  That and the JGHT crowd not be so overbearingly abrasive.  This is a board for discussion, not puppets.
Go Hogs Go!

three hog night

I hope that teams start faking injury to combat the timing of the HUNH...it IS a capable approach... and who's the ref to say who is injured?   THEN we will see Gussiah raise all kinds of heck about that!

EulessHog

Quote from: LR54 on March 03, 2014, 04:07:23 pm
It was better than Auburn's or the Aggies' against LSU. Steady improvement in the last few games of the season, with the best performance of the year coming in the last game against top competition, should be encouraging to most reasonable fans.

There was improvement and I was glad to see the Hogs play LSU tough.  I agree and hope the trend continues.
Go Hogs Go!

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: cwhite4455 on March 03, 2014, 04:11:17 pm
No it is not.  Perfectly reasonable to give him time.  There are, however, certain standards- even in bad years.  Being winless in the conference and suffering a couple of humiliating losses aren't among them are not among them. 

Mainly though, I'm just saying he needs to keep his mouth shut and coach.  That and the JGHT crowd not be so overbearingly abrasive.  This is a board for discussion, not puppets.

And yet you said this, without any real basis for what you said...

How would you know what level of quality coaching was being done? The win-loss record?

As I said before...

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on March 03, 2014, 04:02:22 pm
Go Hogs Go!

three hog night

No it is not.  Perfectly reasonable to give him time.  There are, however, certain standards- even in bad years.  Being winless in the conference and suffering a couple of humiliating losses aren't among them.

This is a board for discussion...ok.   It doesn't matter how much you repeat your stupidity Cwhite it does not make your unrealistic views right.   I am sorry that you are so unhappy about something that should be 5th or 6th on your list; because I can't imagine how you must act about the real important stuff in life...jeez

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: Fan1958 on March 03, 2014, 04:08:26 pm
On a torrid Saturday afternoon in the South in late August or anytime in the month of September when a 300 pound d-lineman collapses and dies after being on the field for 7-8 straight plays against a no huddle offense with the coach of the defensive team having no opportunity to sub him out this issue will, unfortunately, take care of itself.  After this happens, the usual suspect talking heads and those with a bend against football in the first place will scream from the mountain tops.

Those who favor the no huddle offense should graciously accept the generous offer of BB and NS while they have the opportunity.  After the inevitable tragedy occurs, there will be a mandatory 20 seconds between plays and we will see how Gus and those of his ilk look then.   

Ahhh...I'm not convinced that will change people's minds about it, but it would probably function to change the rule.  But...you'll still have those who will say that people die from cardiac arrest during marathons at a clip of about 3-4 per year, and you're going to have some deaths from any stressful aerobic exercise.  It won't prevent people from suggesting that it was poor conditioning, or that it could/would have happened regardless of the HUNH. 

But...if it relieves the NCAA or member schools from any risk of future liability, then it could be enough to change the rule from that perspective.  The seed has been planted...that's for sure. 

Southpointhog

The great expert has SPOKEN!!!!

Quote from: cwhite4455 on March 03, 2014, 08:42:07 am
http://www.latimes.com/sports/college/football/la-sp-college-football-wait-20140303,0,313880.story#axzz2uuULEGXE

According to ESPN, it looks like the 10 second proposal has the support of perhaps 25 of 128 coaches polled.  It may not even make it to a vote as this is an off year for rule changes and only changes that affect player safety will be heard.  If this is true, then the comeback trail looks to be even more overgrown than many had thought for our beleaguered CBB. 

Gus Malzahn, the peoples choice for coach of the year, has an axe to grind.  Should his defense improve and Auburn join the "52-0 CLUB," then this will do nothing to firm up support from an already shaken fan base.  CBB will also have to contend with another Achilles' heel when the Hogs play Texas Tech two weeks later.  From there, the schedule only gets tougher. 

Seriously, I hope CBB makes it.  Arkansas will have a long, dry spell if he doesn't. He is our best shot at winning.  He needs to shut and coach though. 

DukeOfPork

Quote from: Fan1958 on March 03, 2014, 04:08:26 pm
After the inevitable tragedy occurs, there will be a mandatory 20 seconds between plays and we will see how Gus and those of his ilk look then.   

Uh oh, someone played the "Ilk Card."

LR54

Quote from: cwhite4455 on March 03, 2014, 04:13:47 pm
There was improvement and I was glad to see the Hogs play LSU tough.  I agree and hope the trend continues.

That's exactly what makes the relentless negativity and CBB bashing from a few, so hard to understand. Of course, I did include the "reasonable" fan qualifier.   ;)

urkillnmesmalls

This theme just popped up over the past few days.  In general, the detractors believe that one year is enough, and that evaluating now is perfectly fair and no circumstances should change anything other than W's and L's.     

Those who believe that there are some extenuating circumstances, and that one year is not enough to evaluate, are puppets.  Isn't that about how you would sum that up? 

EulessHog

Quote from: urkillnmesmalls on March 03, 2014, 04:30:46 pm
This theme just popped up over the past few days.  In general, the detractors believe that one year is enough, and that evaluating now is perfectly fair and no circumstances should change anything other than W's and L's.     

Those who believe that there are some extenuating circumstances, and that one year is not enough to evaluate, are puppets.  Isn't that about how you would sum that up?

No sir.  That is what you said. 
Go Hogs Go!

Fan1958

Quote from: urkillnmesmalls on March 03, 2014, 04:20:05 pm
Ahhh...I'm not convinced that will change people's minds about it, but it would probably function to change the rule.  But...you'll still have those who will say that people die from cardiac arrest during marathons at a clip of about 3-4 per year, and you're going to have some deaths from any stressful aerobic exercise.  It won't prevent people from suggesting that it was poor conditioning, or that it could/would have happened regardless of the HUNH. 

But...if it relieves the NCAA or member schools from any risk of future liability, then it could be enough to change the rule from that perspective.  The seed has been planted...that's for sure.

You are correct and my point was/is we will witness the reactionary nature of all bureaucracies and that will be some sort of extreme overreaction.  Instead of a prophylactic approach, the NCAA will do nothing until a death or serious event occurs and then the organization will take all kinds of wild steps to temper the pace. 

Those poking fun at BB, and basically ignoring the fact NS is touting the same thing, will then  tout Saban's as clairvoyant and "remember" how they so agreed with ol' Nick when he first proposed the 10 second rule and will have amnesia to the fact BB was the driving force behind all of this.
Conservatives have always proudly proclaimed themselves to be conservative.  Liberals are now "Progressives"?  Must be terrible to have to hide what you really are.

I like smites.  That's how I know I'm really pissing off the "Progressives".

grayhawg

Quote from: cwhite4455 on March 03, 2014, 03:50:45 pm
The JGHT crowd are smart enough to know they might as well give him some time cause even if he don't win a game in the SEC this year he is not going to be fired, now if he does go winless this year, if you pony up the 12 million dollar buyout the PTB might consider making a change.

Choctaw Hog

Quote from: cwhite4455 on March 03, 2014, 08:42:07 am
http://www.latimes.com/sports/college/football/la-sp-college-football-wait-20140303,0,313880.story#axzz2uuULEGXE

According to ESPN, it looks like the 10 second proposal has the support of perhaps 25 of 128 coaches polled.  It may not even make it to a vote as this is an off year for rule changes and only changes that affect player safety will be heard.  If this is true, then the comeback trail looks to be even more overgrown than many had thought for our beleaguered CBB. 

Gus Malzahn, the peoples choice for coach of the year, has an axe to grind.  Should his defense improve and Auburn join the "52-0 CLUB," then this will do nothing to firm up support from an already shaken fan base.  CBB will also have to contend with another Achilles' heel when the Hogs play Texas Tech two weeks later.  From there, the schedule only gets tougher. 

Seriously, I hope CBB makes it.  Arkansas will have a long, dry spell if he doesn't. He is our best shot at winning.  He needs to shut and coach though. 

Seriously, I hope you don't make it.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: cwhite4455 on March 03, 2014, 04:41:46 pm
No sir.  That is what you said. 

And what you have more than indicated, see my post above.
Go Hogs Go!

secneahog

Your man crush with CBP is ridiculous.  You know he got blown out his first year also. You know he barely beat ULM. He didn't take us to a bowl game his first year. We had a losing season. 

CBP would cuss out coaches and belittle our players on the sidelines.
We had more freshman all Americans in CBB offense then CBP ever did.

Why you hate CBB is your own fault.  Our players love our coach and 90% of our fans love him also. 
Our recruiting is with out question from top to bottom light years ahead of ANY class CBP pulled in.

You say CBB needs to shut up and just coach.....well he was APPOINTED a position on a committee that looks into player safety. So when he is ASKED the man will tell you what he thinks.

I hope and pray CBB gets us to a bowl game this year. I hope we go to a better one the next year and so on...do I think he will?..yes. I watched a young team get better as the season went on. They will be much better this year and still have the toughest schedule in the Sec, just like last year.

If you want to sit back and critic everything the man does, that's fine. But it's not going to get you ANYWHERE. CBB is going to be HERE for along time.

Get behind the players and coaches and support them.

Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: Fan1958 on March 03, 2014, 04:42:05 pm
You are correct and my point was/is we will witness the reactionary nature of all bureaucracies and that will be some sort of extreme overreaction.  Instead of a prophylactic approach, the NCAA will do nothing until a death or serious event occurs and then the organization will take all kinds of wild steps to temper the pace. 

Those poking fun at BB, and basically ignoring the fact NS is touting the same thing, will then  tout Saban's as clairvoyant and "remember" how they so agreed with ol' Nick when he first proposed the 10 second rule and will have amnesia to the fact BB was the driving force behind all of this.

I said early on that I didn't anticipate a rule change, but that the minute there's an in game on-field event all bets are off.  Then the more I read and learned about all of the circumstances, the more I simply don't see what all the fuss is about with the rule change.  It won't slow the game down, and even if the rule passed you wouldn't see teams up there standing at the line just waiting until 10.01 seconds to pass to snap the ball.

But thread about thread, you see people saying our coach should shut up and coach.  He's been advocating this for a few years now, and his recommendation was completely different than what the rules committee has adopted as their suggestion.  His suggestion was allowing substitutions following first downs so fatigued players could come off the field.  NOT that it could be done following every play based on the down and distance.     

It's all about the pre-snap advantage gained by the HUNH that RR and GM are going to great lengths to protect.  Yet...people are suggesting that the whining is coming from the side that wants at least SOME sort of rule instigated.  To me...the whining is coming the loudest from the people who are opposed to the change, because it impacts them directly and THEY are the ones who don't want to have to adjust.   

EulessHog

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on March 03, 2014, 04:53:28 pm
And what you have more than indicated, see my post above.

I did and I still say CBB is our best chance at winning quickly and a whole bunch of other things that seem to be left out.  I just prefer to remain open minded.   
Go Hogs Go!

EulessHog

Quote from: secneahog on March 03, 2014, 04:57:13 pm

Your man crush with CBP is ridiculous.  You know he got blown out his first year also. You know he barely beat ULM. He didn't take us to a bowl game his first year. We had a losing season. 

CBP would cuss out coaches and belittle our players on the sidelines.
We had more freshman all Americans in CBB offense then CBP ever did.

Why you hate CBB is your own fault.  Our players love our coach and 90% of our fans love him also. 
Our recruiting is with out question from top to bottom light years ahead of ANY class CBP pulled in.

You say CBB needs to shut up and just coach.....well he was APPOINTED a position on a committee that looks into player safety. So when he is ASKED the man will tell you what he thinks.

I hope and pray CBB gets us to a bowl game this year. I hope we go to a better one the next year and so on...do I think he will?..yes. I watched a young team get better as the season went on. They will be much better this year and still have the toughest schedule in the Sec, just like last year.

If you want to sit back and critic everything the man does, that's fine. But it's not going to get you ANYWHERE. CBB is going to be HERE for along time.

Get behind the players and coaches and support them.

I could care less about CBP.  He does have a great offensive mind though.
Go Hogs Go!

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: cwhite4455 on March 03, 2014, 04:58:37 pm
I did and I still say CBB is our best chance at winning quickly and a whole bunch of other things that seem to be left out.  I just prefer to remain open minded.   

No, you are all over the place with your posts and opinions. If you get caught in the middle of one opinion for which you have no rational response, you deny and shift, get caught in the middle of another one, you deny and shift again. You are like the proverbial moving target that changes what you say as others contend with you. You have a future in Congress, not that this is a compliment.
Go Hogs Go!