Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The End of the 10 Second Debate is Near

Started by EulessHog, March 03, 2014, 08:42:07 am

Previous topic - Next topic

EulessHog

March 03, 2014, 08:42:07 am Last Edit: March 03, 2014, 10:32:48 am by cwhite4455
http://www.latimes.com/sports/college/football/la-sp-college-football-wait-20140303,0,313880.story#axzz2uuULEGXE

According to ESPN, it looks like the 10 second proposal has the support of perhaps 25 of 128 coaches polled.  It may not even make it to a vote as this is an off year for rule changes and only changes that affect player safety will be heard.  If this is true, then the comeback trail looks to be even more overgrown than many had thought for our beleaguered CBB. 

Gus Malzahn, the peoples choice for coach of the year, has an axe to grind.  Should his defense improve and Auburn join the "52-0 CLUB," then this will do nothing to firm up support from an already shaken fan base.  CBB will also have to contend with another Achilles' heel when the Hogs play Texas Tech two weeks later.  From there, the schedule only gets tougher. 

Seriously, I hope CBB makes it.  Arkansas will have a long, dry spell if he doesn't. He is our best shot at winning.  He needs to shut and coach though. 
Go Hogs Go!

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: cwhite4455 on March 03, 2014, 08:42:07 am
http://www.latimes.com/sports/college/football/la-sp-college-football-wait-20140303,0,313880.story#axzz2uuULEGXE

According to ESPN, it looks like the 10 second proposal has the support of perhaps 25 of the 128 voters.  It may not even make it to a vote.  If this is true, then the comeback trail looks to be even more overgrown than many had thought for our beleaguered CBB. 

Gus Malzahn, the peoples choice for coach of the year, has an axe to grind.  Should his defense improve, another "52-0" blowout at the hands of Auburn will do little to endear him to an already shaken fan base.  He will also have to contend with another Achilles' heel when the Hogs play Texas Tech two weeks later.  From there, the schedule only gets tougher. 

I say to CBB, shut up and coach.

I say to fans like you, let coach say whatever he wants to just like you like to do..................................It's way to easy to sit in the stands or in front of a TV and be an expert coach huh.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

thebignasty

According to ESPN, it looks like the 10 second proposal has the support of perhaps 25 of the 128 voters.  It may not even make it to a vote.  If this is true, then the comeback trail looks to be even more overgrown than many had thought for our beleaguered CBB. 

Gus Malzahn, the peoples choice for coach of the year, has an axe to grind.  Should his defense improve, another "52-0" blowout at the hands of Auburn will do little to endear CBB to an already shaken fan base.  He will also have to contend with another Achilles' heel when the Hogs play Texas Tech two weeks later.  From there, the schedule only gets tougher. 

I am sure you have shaken him deeply.

jkstock04

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on March 03, 2014, 08:44:56 am
I say to fans like you, let coach say whatever he wants to just like you like to do..................................It's way to easy to sit in the stands or in front of a TV and be an expert coach huh.
I think you also forgot the token statement "go find another team to root for." Don't forget that, that's an important one.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

sowmonella

Gus Malzahn, the peoples choice for coach of the year, has an axe to grind.  Should his defense improve, another "52-0" blowout at the hands of Auburn will do little to endear CBB to an already shaken fan base.  He will also have to contend with another Achilles' heel when the Hogs play Texas Tech two weeks later.  From there, the schedule only gets tougher. 

When did we lose 52-0 to Aubie?  Haters gonna hate.
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

EulessHog

Quote from: jkstock04 on March 03, 2014, 08:51:49 am
I think you also forgot the token statement "go find another team to root for." Don't forget that, that's an important one.

I love the Hogs.  I'm beginning to have my doubts about the football coach though. 
Go Hogs Go!

opineonswine

Quote from: cwhite4455 on March 03, 2014, 08:54:24 am
I'm beginning to have my doubts about the football coach though.

Why?

Did you doubt the last one when he started out pretty much the same?

EulessHog

Quote from: opineonswine on March 03, 2014, 08:56:29 am
Why?

CBB has a "motorcycle mouth," CBP is a genius.  There really is no comparison. 
Go Hogs Go!

opineonswine

Quote from: cwhite4455 on March 03, 2014, 08:58:02 am
CBB has a"motorcycle mouth," CBP is a genius.  What do you think?

Oh Good Lord.  So you're just trying to be funny?

jkstock04

I love the Hogs.  I'm beginning to have my doubts about the football coach though. 
I was being sarcastic. I get sick of seeing people with an opinion get blasted with that card and stuff like got thrown at you.

Regardless, I agree with your overall sentiments....shut up and win a conference game. But even if I didn't agree with that I wouldn't attack you.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

EulessHog

Quote from: opineonswine on March 03, 2014, 09:01:00 am
Oh Good Lord.  So you're just trying to be funny?

Seriously, I hope CBB makes it.  Arkansas will have a long, dry spell if he doesn't. He is our best shot at winning.  He needs to shut and coach though. 

Just my opinion and I'm not trying to be funny.  I think CBP is a great coach with some personal issues.  On the other hand, CBB doesn't know when to shut up.  Is that funny?
Go Hogs Go!

opineonswine

Quote from: cwhite4455 on March 03, 2014, 09:04:20 am
Seriously, I hope CBB makes it.  Arkansas will have along, dry spell if he doesn't. 

Not trying to be funny.  CBP is a great coach with some personal issues.  CBB doesn't know when to shut up.  Is that funny?

the part about Petrino being a genius had me lol

EulessHog

Quote from: opineonswine on March 03, 2014, 09:05:09 am
the part about Petrino being a genius had me lol

Would it sound better if I lied and said CBB is a genius?
Go Hogs Go!

opineonswine

Quote from: cwhite4455 on March 03, 2014, 09:07:31 am
Would it sound better if I lied and said CBB is a genius?

No.  They are both equally ridiculous.

Piggin Out

Yeah, except those 128 coaches don't vote on the proposal.  Some on that committee have no football experience what-so-ever. 

Wants2Win

Killean

According to ESPN, it looks like the 10 second proposal has the support of perhaps 25 of the 128 coaches.  It may not even make it to a vote.  If this is true, then the comeback trail looks to be even more overgrown than many had thought for our beleaguered CBB. 

I feel like people should actually follow the team before they get to comment about the coach.

Of course maybe I'm wrong and we lost to Auburn 52-0.
Everyone is born with the right to exist. When you become a Nazi you give up that right.

Piggin Out

Wants2Win

Quote from: opineonswine on March 03, 2014, 08:56:29 am
Why?

Lol @ "pretty much the same"

LZH

Didn't we lose to Auburn 35-17 or something like that?

Pigsknuckles

That sucks. Guess we are going to have to learn to play football after all.
"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

goodguytex

[quote

Gus Malzahn, the peoples choice for coach of the year, has an axe to grind.  Should his defense improve, another "52-0" blowout at the hands of Auburn will do little to endear CBB to an already shaken fan base.

[/quote]
Can you prove we lost to auburn 52-0? Link? Anything?

DukeOfPork

Quote from: Killean on March 03, 2014, 09:19:15 am
I feel like people should actually follow the team before they get to comment about the coach.

Of course maybe I'm wrong and we lost to Auburn 52-0.

We gave up 52 in back-to-back SEC games.  He is talking about Auburn possibly joining the "52 Club".  He didn't phrase it well, obviously.

I have defended Long and Bielema dozens of times on this board.  But it is true: it is time for CBB to just shut up and coach. 

hoggusamoungus

According to ESPN, it looks like the 10 second proposal has the support of perhaps 25 of the 128 coaches.  It may not even make it to a vote.  If this is true, then the comeback trail looks to be even more overgrown than many had thought for our beleaguered CBB. 

This ended your credibility.

EulessHog

Quote from: Piggin Out on March 03, 2014, 09:20:51 am
http://web1.ncaa.org/committees/committees_roster.jsp?CommitteeName=PROP

I'm sure that lady from the Peach Belt Conference  ??? ??? ??? cares what Gus Malzahn thinks.

May not hear it as this is an off year and only rule changes applying to player safety will be heard.  This rule has no data, other than an off season death that CBB so in-eloquently brought up to support it.
Go Hogs Go!

DukeOfPork

Quote from: Pigsknuckles on March 03, 2014, 09:24:16 am
That sucks. Guess we are going to have to learn to play football after all.

Haha...aw, shucks.

opineonswine

Quote from: DukeOfPork on March 03, 2014, 09:26:32 am
We gave up 52 in back-to-back SEC games.  He is talking about Auburn possibly joining the "52 Club".  He didn't phrase it well, obviously.

I have defended Long and Bielema dozens of times on this board.  But it is true: it is time for CBB to just shut up and coach.

I wish some of our fans would shut up and cheer.

JIHawg

Gus Malzahn, the peoples choice for coach of the year, has an axe to grind.  Should his defense improve and Auburn join the "52-0 CLUB," then this will do nothing to firm up support from an already shaken fan base.  He will also have to contend with another Achilles' heel when the Hogs play Texas Tech two weeks later.  From there, the schedule only gets tougher. 

If you post something this negative this time of year (as opposed to the day after a loss), you either have an agenda or are just trolling.  Just don't ever get the illusion that you are fooling anybody.  If there was an ignore button, this would be the place to use it-just this persistent negative drivel agenda driven.

three hog night

Petrino left a mess and Bielema is trying to fill in the talent gaps.  Anderson finally has some talent to work with.  He needs more at select positions and that will come in the next recruiting class. 
Posters that think they are Jim Rhome are ruining message boards.

Hoggish1

I doubt you are being serious.  But keep taking your shots if that's what makes you happy...

EulessHog

Quote from: Hoggish1 on March 03, 2014, 09:44:45 am
I doubt you are being serious.  But keep taking your shots if that's what makes you happy...

Just following in the footsteps our beloved "foot in mouth" coach.  Or, maybe it's cold and icy outside and we all have nothing else to do.  Hmmmm.

Seriously, I wish we would have gotten someone other than BB.  Now that we have him though, he needs to perform.  That doesn't mean we all have to be remain silent while he is constantly doing the media fumble.
Go Hogs Go!

BallHog1

Quote from: opineonswine on March 03, 2014, 09:28:15 am
Best post in a really lousy thread.

LR54

You do realize that this rule would be for ALL of college football? There are a lot more coaches from FCS, DII, and DII schools than FBS.

Some poll of FBS coaches is just the media playing games. Know how many FBS coaches are on the Rules Oversight Panel? 0

CBB didn't propose this rule, and it was his responsibility to speak to the NCAA rules committee as the designated AFCA representative.

He has consistently supported rules for the sake of player safety, so it's no surprise he would speak in favor of this one, even though it was NOT his proposal. He favored a regulated substitution period after a first down. After hearing 2 days of presentations, the rules committee proposed the 10 second rule. CBB didn't have a vote.

As far as CBB being "scared" of the HUNH, check out some game film of his Wisconsin teams curb stomping Rich Rod at Michigan. It's a lot of the reason he's not at Michigan any more.

GlassofSwine

CBP is a great offensive coach but for a  genius, he apparently lacks the wisdom and intelligence to know how to do anything else.

LZH

Wouldn't that be more of a hum than a cheer?                     :P

donk

Vantage 8 dude

According to ESPN, it looks like the 10 second proposal has the support of perhaps 25 of 128 coaches polled.  It may not even make it to a vote as this is an off year for rule changes and only changes that affect player safety will be heard.  If this is true, then the comeback trail looks to be even more overgrown than many had thought for our beleaguered CBB. 

Gus Malzahn, the peoples choice for coach of the year, has an axe to grind.  Should his defense improve and Auburn join the "52-0 CLUB," then this will do nothing to firm up support from an already shaken fan base.  CBB will also have to contend with another Achilles' heel when the Hogs play Texas Tech two weeks later.  From there, the schedule only gets tougher. 

Seriously, I hope CBB makes it.  Arkansas will have a long, dry spell if he doesn't. He is our best shot at winning.  He needs to shut and coach though.  Go ahead, hit the smite button.
Well I hate to burst your bubble but the likelihood that the "10 second rule" would ever have been adopted was pretty much DOA as soon as it was proposed. I have to believe that even CBB knew that well in advance. And as far as the tiggers joining the "52-0 CLUB" (real cutesy that) I suggest you not bet anything you hold near and dear on that particular outcome anytime soon.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: GlassofSwine on March 03, 2014, 10:15:18 am
  CBP is a great offensive coach but for a  genius, he apparently lacks the wisdom and intelligence to know how to do anything else.

MiHogsMi

You're not allowed to do both on this board.  In 3-4 years I think they will then allow you to do both. 
I don't view The University of Arkansas Football Program as Mr. CBB's personal Petri dish to experiment and tinker with for HIS pleasure and learning curve.

LZH

Quote from: MiHogsMi on March 03, 2014, 10:38:42 am
You're not allowed to do both on this board.  In 3-4 years I think they will then allow you to do both. 

You have to apply for a special permit.......mine is still pending.

DukeOfPork

I do hope to have something to cheer for this season.  I'll remain optimistic for as long as possible.

Vantage 8 dude

Well if CBB has a "motorcycle mouth" then we all know that ole CBP has a "motorcycle crotch" (as in "crotch rocket") and ole Jessica can certainly attest to that. Had it been otherwise he might still be our HC. Some of you clowns STILL haven't caught on.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: jkstock04 on March 03, 2014, 08:51:49 am

Fans showing displeasure with our record last season is to be expected. Fans not realizing it may take more than one year to turn this ship around and getting bent out of shape and dogging a coach (when they know nothing about being a D1 or any level coach coach for that matter) that just got here is another.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Professor Psychosis

I'm not making any predictions, but what would the haters do if Arkansas went into Auburn and won the game this year?

I hope it happens, myself.  I'd even accept another losing season as long as we beat Auburn.

Inhogswetrust

When your kid was only one year old did you know how he would turn out. Nope. You hoped for the best but had faith. The same should apply for the Hog coaches. ONE YEAR is not enough time to start having doubts. Everyone has bad days, bad years, etc. Especially when taking over a train wreck. Most train wrecks aren't cleared up quickly. You have to clear the tracks first from the old wreckage and then fix the tracks before you can ride a train down the tracks again. Most of the time in sports that doesn't happen overnight. Some wrecks are worse than others.

secneahog

CBP is a genius. ....bahahaha.

You put a man pretty high up on the shelf that went winless vs Saban, Meyer.

Lost to Chizik...Lsu cpl times...

A genius that couldn't build depth on either side of the ball.
A genius that didn't go to a bowl in his first year.
A genius that took us to the mighty Liberty Bowl the 2nd year.

Give CBB time and a chance. .Some of you are ridiculous. 

CBB is on a players committee for a reason.  A position he was appointed too. He's going to voice his opinion on things ALOT.
GET OVER IT! !
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

Wants2Win

Quote from: secneahog on March 03, 2014, 11:03:24 am
CBP is a genius. ....bahahaha.

You put a man pretty high up on the shelf that went winless vs Saban, Meyer.

Lost to Chizik...Lsu cpl times...

A genius that couldn't build depth on either side of the ball.
A genius that didn't go to a bowl in his first year.
A genius that took us to the mighty Liberty Bowl the 2nd year.

Give CBB time and a chance. .Some of you are ridiculous. 

CBB is on a players committee for a reason.  A position he was appointed too. He's going to voice his opinion on things ALOT.
GET OVER IT! !
Knocking a bowl win..ANY bowl win with our bowl record is just asinine.

bphi11ips

Petrino Peter-principled in the NFL.  That continued in the SEC, where he escaped exposure when he wound up in a roadside ditch. 

Louisville is a perfect place for a coach with Petrino's philosophy. 
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

Hawgzinbowlz

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on March 03, 2014, 10:59:37 am
... Some wrecks are worse than others.
Who knew, when looking at photos of the motorcycle wreck, that there was already a well disguised train wreck, just a few miles away, in Fayetteville.

Sorry, off 10 second topic.

" GO HOGS "

mckinneyhog5

BB will just tell his players to fake injuries like the almighty Gus does. 
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.