Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Redbird Rundown VIII

Started by Hogtropolis™, March 02, 2014, 01:59:04 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

popcornhog

Quote from: johnny cash on October 14, 2014, 06:23:31 pm
I knew the game was over when Choate came in. It's the playoffs. Neshek, or Maness can pitch 2 innings. BS.

100% disagree in this instance. You had to pinch hit for Maness in the top of the 10th. Please tell me you don't disagree.
WPS

jbell96

Quote from: popcornhog on October 14, 2014, 09:16:38 pm
100% disagree in this instance. You had to pinch hit for Maness in the top of the 10th. Please tell me you don't disagree.

Yes Maness needed to be pinch hit for, but I'd have gone with Carlos instead of Choate. Choate has been awful throughout the entire postseason & shouldn't have even been on the NLCS roster. Sam Freeman should have been kept on in favor of Choate, but Matheny almost always goes with the veteran over the young guys.

Blame for yesterday's loss is 85% Matheny & 15% Choate. It's not Choate's fault Matheny left him in after one hitter.

Today is a must win because there is no way we're going to beat Bumgarner in game 5, especially with Waino not 100%.

jrulz83

Vogelsong pitching tonight, he's a Cardinal killer. This series is over.
Lenin is cautiously optimistic.

pigture perfect

It's been a good season fellas. Hopefully we pick up some free agent bats in the off season.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

jbell96

Matheny left Shelby in too long last night when it was obvious he didn't have it, Adams stuck his head up his butt on defense, bullpen walked everyone, & Peralta decided to kill every single potential big inning by hitting into DP's.

I'm not watching game 5 tonight, just can't do it. Not sure my medical plan covers strokes induced by watching baseball. ;)

The Hogfather

dacskc

Theoretical +1s to all my Cards fan brethren. See you in next year's post-season thread (because we're entitled and all that ;) ).

popcornhog

Quote from: dacskc on October 16, 2014, 10:20:01 pm
Theoretical +1s to all my Cards fan brethren. See you in next year's post-season thread (because we're entitled and all that ;) ).

Frankly, the Cardinals should be allowed to sit out the regular season and just get a bye into the playoffs.

I think it's BS that we have to play in the regular season.
WPS

dacskc

Quote from: popcornhog on October 16, 2014, 10:47:21 pm
Frankly, the Cardinals should be allowed to sit out the regular season and just get a bye into the playoffs.

But then there would be no highlights to show on the DWRRS big screen!

jrulz83

We're entitled to it.

popcornhog

Quote from: dacskc on October 16, 2014, 10:53:58 pm

But then there would be no highlights to show on the DWRRS big screen!

They could just show Stan Musial highlights throughout the year at DWRRS.
WPS

FelixJonesorDMAC?

pigture perfect

What changes do we need to do for next year?
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

popcornhog

Quote from: pigture perfect on October 17, 2014, 02:09:07 am

A Beltran-like bat would be number one. That and stay healthy.

I like the pen but maybe we go another direction at closer? Or maybe just don't work Rosie so hard?
WPS

clutch

I just realized that Matheny is Jim Harbough. Both of them have had a lot of success, making it to a League Championship Series/Game 3 years straight, even to the World Series/SuperBowl once, but can't seem to break through.

opineonswine

But they can't hide from the Giants forever.

McKdaddy

Matheny remains the worst manager with 3 straight LCS appearances to begin his career.
Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades.

"You are everything that is wrong with this place . . . Ban me"

"CPI, ex-food and energy, is only good for an anorexic pedestrian"--Art Cashin

jrulz83

October 17, 2014, 11:19:09 am #1267 Last Edit: October 17, 2014, 12:08:27 pm by jrulz83
Quote from: pigture perfect on October 17, 2014, 02:09:07 am

I don't think you'll see any major changes, they definitely need a better bench and Matheny needs to learn not to lean on certain relievers as hard as he does.

Holliday isn't going anywhere so let's stop that before it starts. Kolten Wong was impressive this postseason, that may be the bat upgrade everybody is going to be crying for. I would like to see Taveras get a fair shot to play every day. He could carry an offense if he can figure it out.

I think they need a right handed power option on the bench who could spell Adams when he needs a blow.

McKdaddy

Might we see Matheny continue to grow/learn as a manager? That alone could be a significant improvement in '15, similar to how Jason Garrett is learning from past mistakes.

pigture perfect

I'm curious about the role Jaime Garcia for next year.

clutch

Quote from: pigture perfect on October 18, 2014, 11:40:38 pm
I'm curious about the role Jaime Garcia for next year.

I'm going to say his role will be pitch a few games and then get a season ending injury. That seems to be his role lately.

dacskc

Quote from: clutch on October 19, 2014, 12:08:23 am
I'm going to say his role will be pitch a few games and then get a season ending injury. That seems to be his role lately.

Exactly! Same as it ever was.

McKdaddy

Quote from: clutch on October 19, 2014, 12:08:23 am

Ha

pigture perfect

I'm hoping he come back and works as a reliever. Our lefties just didn't do much.

dacskc

Still don't get the Choate over Freeman decision.

jrulz83

Quote from: dacskc on October 19, 2014, 05:30:48 pm
Still don't get the Choate over Freeman decision.

I also do not understand Wacha being on the roster. It was pointless to have him there.

popcornhog

Quote from: opineonswine on October 17, 2014, 08:33:03 am

We shouldn't have to play the Giants. We're entitled to play in the WS.

It seems that they forget that in even years in SF.
WPS

clutch

Quote from: opineonswine on October 17, 2014, 08:33:03 am

Giants are due to miss the postseason next year. It's an every other year thing for them.

dacskc

Waino had elbow surgery this morning, expected to be ready next season. Fingers crossed.

popcornhog

Quote from: dacskc on October 25, 2014, 11:56:43 am
Waino had elbow surgery this morning, expected to be ready next season. Fingers crossed.

Hopefully he'll be 100%. It was minor surgery to remove cartilage but you never know.
WPS

Ray Piggers

Oscar Taveras died in a car wreck today. His gf was killed as well

Terrible news.. He's was going to be HUGE for us

I'm basically Darkwing Duck

clutch

Quote from: Ray Piggers on October 26, 2014, 07:45:28 pm
Oscar Taveras died in a car wreck today. His gf was killed as well

Terrible news.. He's was going to be HUGE for us

Tragic. Too young to go.

popcornhog

2015 should be dedicated to Oscar.

I'd like to see the whole team wear #18 for the opener.
WPS

The Hogfather

pigture perfect

Looks like Joe Madden will be the new Cubs manager. Dog.

dacskc

Meh. I'll be surprised if anything changes.

dhornjr1

One more for Oscar...

[attachment deleted by admin]

pigture perfect

mhuff

While I agree, I watch 95% of the games ,so it gives me something to do.

jrulz83

Yadi wins his seventh straight Gold Glove:

http://m.espn.go.com/mlb/story?storyId=11823001&src=desktop&rand=ref~%7B%22ref%22%3A%22https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com%2F%22%7D

clutch

Carp signed a $52 mil deal today

pigture perfect

With the infusion of young talent and Joe Maddon's hiring, the cubs are going to make the NL Central the equivelent of the SEC-West.

jrulz83

pigture perfect

Torii was just released by the Tigers. I wonder if he would consider coming here on a 1-2 year deal?

jrulz83

Quote from: pigture perfect on November 16, 2014, 03:38:22 am
Torii was just released by the Tigers. I wonder if he would consider coming here on a 1-2 year deal?

I've been thinking that, but Mo is going to pull off the Descalso for Stanton deal that's been brewing.  :)

mhuff

Quote from: jrulz83 on November 16, 2014, 10:19:54 am
I've been thinking that, but Mo is going to pull off the Descalso for Stanton deal that's been brewing.  :)

Descalso is almost automatic late in the game.  ;)

jrulz83

Quote from: mhuff on November 16, 2014, 03:40:44 pm
Descalso is almost automatic late in the game.  ;)

I like Descalso as much as anybody, but I think the writing is on the wall for him. I'll be surprised if he is with the organization nest season.

The Boar War

Shane Robinson has been released.