Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

End of Harry King?

Started by ricepig, February 28, 2014, 12:35:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

TeedupHigh

Quote from: bphi11ips on March 03, 2014, 08:46:59 am
Newspapers are the only place left to find objectively reported news.

They still print newspapers!!!!!  Why?

WILL CLINTON

Quote from: bphi11ips on March 03, 2014, 09:00:21 pm
The decline of quality news reporting is a symptom of an emerging generation with little interest in hard news.  The news doesn't affect them, so why should they care what's going on today in the Ukraine? 

My opinion is that they are more interested in hard news, but I believe that the definition of "hard news" has changed over the decades. I knew about and have been somewhat following the Ukraine story, but haven't read a news story on a newspaper website or in print, about it. We just get our news from different sources now. There are a ridiculous number of websites out there, and I can go to reddit.com and get more news in 20 minutes than I can by reading the Dem Gazette.

This is not to say that I'm happy about Harry losing his job. I'm not happy about anyone losing their job, but if he's half the writer the journalists on this site make him out to be, he won't have a problem finding somewhere else to write for. That's another good thing about the digital revolution. Used to, there would have been 2 or 3 places he could go to work if he got fired, now there's probably 100 he can go to work for, and never leave his house.
There is no sacred ground for the conquered.

WILL CLINTON

Quote from: Notshavin on March 03, 2014, 07:30:48 pm
LOL "beta max".  I bet half the posters on this site don't even know what that is.

Nice

Bro, I still remember when a fun weekend was going to the video store in downtown Hampton, AR and RENTING a VCR.

bphi11ips

Quote from: WILL CLINTON on March 04, 2014, 10:45:43 am
My opinion is that they are more interested in hard news, but I believe that the definition of "hard news" has changed over the decades. I knew about and have been somewhat following the Ukraine story, but haven't read a news story on a newspaper website or in print, about it. We just get our news from different sources now. There are a ridiculous number of websites out there, and I can go to reddit.com and get more news in 20 minutes than I can by reading the Dem Gazette.

This is not to say that I'm happy about Harry losing his job. I'm not happy about anyone losing their job, but if he's half the writer the journalists on this site make him out to be, he won't have a problem finding somewhere else to write for. That's another good thing about the digital revolution. Used to, there would have been 2 or 3 places he could go to work if he got fired, now there's probably 100 he can go to work for, and never leave his house.

I don't disagree the internet gives us great options if we want real news.  I can pull up the AP wire in seconds.

I completely agree that the "definition" of "news" has changed from the print publishers' viewpoint.   Their definition has changed because their research shows their demo's definition of news, or its appetite for news, has changed.

Regardless of what we think a journalists' role is in our ivory towers, publishers, both on-line and in the physical world, are in the business of selling advertising.  There's a reason the typical front page feature these days is now focused on a "human interest" story such as the neglected child of a mother disfigured in an explosion while cooking meth.  And it will be a three part story.  Meanwhile, Russia's threatened invasion of The Ukraine will be a few  paragraphs on A-5.       
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

Mike Irwin

Quote from: bphi11ips on March 03, 2014, 08:49:16 am
Wally didn't buy it because he knew the family.
Wally was the first recipient of one of Teresa's emails. It was essentially the same as the one she sent to Mitch. It was this email that Diana Nutt was forwarding to friends with the notation that it was, "quite funny."

Once Nutt admitted that his wife not only was doing this but that he didn't plan on doing anything about it I knew the game was eventually up for him. A major college football coach can't have his wife forwarding obscene emails from a booster friend especially when one of the coaches on his staff and his freshman starting quarterback are the target of the those obscenities.

Quite simply it was the single most astounding thing I've encountered in my career. It was so mindboggling that out of state coaching friends told me I must be mistaken. No head coach would allow that.

Actually Houston Nutt did allow it and he admitted it in print to a reporter that Wally had  put on the story. It was the single most damning piece of evidence in that whole mess.

When John White did nothing about it the next day I knew he was a complete phony.

It took almost a year and they had to fire Frank to get the job done but the BOT finally made it clear to Nutt that he needed to leave if he want to stay in coaching.

All you have to do is wrap your head around how screwed up things were back then to realize that 3-9 season or not at least we don't have crazy people running the football program these days.

Robert Shields

Quote from: ScottFaldon on March 03, 2014, 08:06:08 pm
He will. Three columns per week, sometimes more.

I'm glad to hear that

Robert Shields

Quote from: Mike Irwin on March 04, 2014, 03:36:18 pm
Wally was the first recipient of one of Teresa's emails. It was essentially the same as the one she sent to Mitch. It was this email that Diana Nutt was forwarding to friends with the notation that it was, "quite funny."

Once Nutt admitted that his wife not only was doing this but that he didn't plan on doing anything about it I knew the game was eventually up for him. A major college football coach can't have his wife forwarding obscene emails from a booster friend especially when one of the coaches on his staff and his freshman starting quarterback are the target of the those obscenities.

Quite simply it was the single most astounding thing I've encountered in my career. It was so mindboggling that out of state coaching friends told me I must be mistaken. No head coach would allow that.

Actually Houston Nutt did allow it and he admitted it in print to a reporter that Wally had  put on the story. It was the single most damning piece of evidence in that whole mess.

When John White did nothing about it the next day I knew he was a complete phony.

It took almost a year and they had to fire Frank to get the job done but the BOT finally made it clear to Nutt that he needed to leave if he want to stay in coaching.

All you have to do is wrap your head around how screwed up things were back then to realize that 3-9 season or not at least we don't have crazy people running the football program these days.

A big day in history happened when Nutt called the Buzz 103.7 and confronted Wally Hall on the air.  It was a classic moment.

Mike Irwin

Quote from: Robert Shields on March 04, 2014, 03:46:36 pm
A big day in history happened when Nutt called the Buzz 103.7 and confronted Wally Hall on the air.  It was a classic moment.
It was also misinterpreted by a lot of people who felt like Wally wimped out when challenged by Nutt. He had been told by his bosses not to get into any type of confrontation with Nutt. Just report what he knew. If Nutt got mad, let him vent. Do not get drawn into an argument.

I was essentially told the same thing by my bosses. They said if he challenged my reporting publically I was to say, "I stand by what I reported," and leave it at that.

WILL CLINTON

Quote from: Mike Irwin on March 04, 2014, 05:35:17 pm
It was also misinterpreted by a lot of people who felt like Wally wimped out when challenged by Nutt. He had been told by his bosses not to get into any type of confrontation with Nutt. Just report what he knew. If Nutt got mad, let him vent. Do not get drawn into an argument.

I was essentially told the same thing by my bosses. They said if he challenged my reporting publically I was to say, "I stand by what I reported," and leave it at that.

One of the few times I felt that Wally did exactly as he should. Let Nutt look like the crazy loon, don't join him by arguing with him.

Big Papa Satan

Quote from: ScottFaldon on March 02, 2014, 11:55:21 pm
A laughable and short-sighted analysis of the industry.

Dead on, actually.  If traditional media had done its job in a fair and unbiased manner, there would be no need for alternative media. 

Big Papa Satan

That explains a lot of things.  At the time, to his defenders Nutt came off as someone who'd stood up to a media bully.  Hall could talk the talk in print, but when confronted appeared to fold like a card table.  It was a surreal moment; left a lot of us wondering why Hall wouldn't defend himself.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: ScottFaldon on March 03, 2014, 08:06:08 pm
He will. Three columns per week, sometimes more.

Good to hear.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Notshavin on March 03, 2014, 09:09:53 pm
Just a little bit after

My inlaws had a rotary dial phone up until just a few years ago.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Trottsky

Quote from: ScottFaldon on March 05, 2014, 07:45:02 am
Your lack of understanding of the industry shows when you cite that worn out myth as the top problem facing it.

A-men.

There are a number of fine newspapers in Arkansas doing REPORTING that wouldn't get done otherwise. Broadcast outlets do a good job but they don't have the resources to cover the many aspects that newspapers are able to shed light on. To say newspapers are opinion driven is one of the most misguided statements I can imagine, unless you're talking about the Washington Times or other obvious mouthpiece rags. I've been in a lot of newsrooms and I've never seen anyone asked to slant a story and I've never seen one get into print. Sometimes mistakes happen, but daily journalism is performed on a precipice, and one may slip ... so may you all in your line of work. When it happens, corrections are forthcoming. Rare in blog land.

And casual browsing on the web means risking getting only the top layer of the story, clicking past the subtext and background that well-written news stories present.

Laugh and scoff, yet it is true.

Where do you think the lion's share of AP reports and aggregated web news comes from? That's right, newspapers. Radio and TV often follow up from newspaper reports. Some days you can hear radio guys reading straight from the printed news.

If there's no New York Times, Washington Post, LA Times, Dallas/Ft. Worth, Miami Herald, Dem-Gaz, Morning News, Southwest TR and on and on and on, there will be less and less valid news out there on the web and you'll be getting "informed" by opinion-driven sites and won't be able to get a clear picture about what your local, state and national governments are doing, what corporations are up to, and sports coverage will become spotty. Rumor and distortion, however, will be kings.

Politicians and greedy capitalists (and secretive state university programs) await the day.

And when a big story happens, what do people want to clip and save for their scrapbooks or frame on the wall? Let's see, a print-out from a blog looks real good ...

Grizzlyfan

Cable news and the internet allow people to live an echo chamber.  The right wing nuts can the start the day with Neil Boortz and end the day with Sean Hannity, with Limbaugh, Drudge, and a little Newsmax thrown in for good measure.  The lefties surround themselves with MSNBC and the New Republic.  If any news source doesn't fall in line with their preconceived ideas it's not legitimate.  Sociologists call it "confirmation bias" and point to this as the primary driver behind our dysfunctional government.

bphi11ips

Access to unbiased, transparent, objective, uncensored news is the foundation of freedom.  It will become more important at some point in the future, but when it does, we are likely to wish for a return to the days when news was slanted or presented in the form of human-interest fluff.
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

Mr. Hog

Quote from: ScottFaldon on February 28, 2014, 08:19:48 pm
Whoever said Harry King can be a "pompous ass" is either the biggest idiot in the state or the biggest liar. Or both. Because that statement could not possibly be any further from the truth.
I agree Scott, I had the opportunity to talk with Harry a little while at a golf tournament and he is top notch!
Go Hogs Go!

RexMentor

March 15, 2014, 08:30:38 am #68 Last Edit: March 15, 2014, 09:04:54 am by RexMentor
For starters, I have been a journalist for a very, very long time. I know Harry King and Wally Hall. If both were applying for a job on a newspaper I was in charge of, I'd hire Harry King all day long. As for Wally, I wouldn't let him write a letter to the editor.
However, I must admit that Wally has had a successful career. Sometimes, the less talented can pull that off.
The business of journalism is changing and facing challenges. The newspapers that can adapt fastest and best will survive. Yes, the Internet provides us with many options from which to acquire information -- or something pretending to be information. The explosion of options requires the consumer of information to be more discerning. But in reality, the Internet is just a different delivery system for that information. They used to print news on papyrus scrolls, on stone tablets. But the news remains the news.
The biggest, and most dangerous change in the news business over the last 3 decades has been the dismantling of the Fairness Doctrine by the FCC. It has led to the rise of a new generation of so-called "fairness and balance" that is, in reality, propaganda presented as news -- from both the right and the left. We haven't seen anything like this since the 1800s, when most newspapers were started to advance a political agenda. The rise in prominence of the New York Times, the Associated Press, and the excesses of "Yellow Journalism" created a shift in the newspaper business to objective reporting.
That objectivity is sadly missing in the news business and the most obvious offenders are TV and radio and news consumers who demand that journalist take a stand, state an opinion, in order to be viewed, read or listened to. Unfortunately, some -- many, in fact -- consumers of news will not tolerate an objective provider of news.
I long for the days of Jack Webb and "just the facts, mam."
I appreciate the fact that Harry King was for many someone who took pains to be objective and consider both sides. I found his opinion pieces for Stephens Media some of the best sport column writing in Arkansas.
Thanks, Harry. Well done.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: RexMentor on March 15, 2014, 08:30:38 am
For starters, I have been a journalist for a very, very long time. I know Harry King and Wally Hall. If both were applying for a job on a newspaper I was in charge of, I'd hire Harry King all day long. As for Wally, I wouldn't let him write a letter to the editor.
However, I must admit that Wally has had a successful career. Sometimes, the less talented can pull that off.
The business of journalism is changing and facing challenges. The newspapers that can adapt fastest and best will survive. Yes, the Internet provides us with many options from which to acquire information -- or something pretending to be information. The explosion of options requires the consumer of information to be more discerning. But in reality, the Internet is just a different delivery system for that information. They used to print news on papyrus scrolls, on stone tablets. But the news remains the news.
The biggest, and most dangerous change in the news business over the last 3 decades has been the dismantling of the Fairness Doctrine by the FCC. It has led to the rise of a new generation of so-called "fairness and balance" that is, in reality, propaganda presented as news -- from both the right and the left. We haven't seen anything like this since the 1800s, when most newspapers were started to advance a political agenda. The rise in prominence of the New York Times, the Associated Press, and the excesses of "Yellow Journalism" created a shift in the newspaper business to objective reporting.
That objectivity is sadly missing in the news business and the most obvious offenders are TV and radio and news consumers who demand that journalist take a stand, state an opinion, in order to be viewed, read or listened to.
I long for the days of Jack Webb and "just the facts, mam."
I appreciate the fact that Harry King was for many someone who took pains to be objective and consider both sides. I found his opinion pieces for Stephens Media some of the best sport column writing in Arkansas.
Thanks, Harry. Well done.

Great post and well stated.
Go Hogs Go!

LA Football fan

I haven't read a single Harry King piece in the last year without it appearing to be nothing more than another in a long line of articles trying to find something to complain about the Razorback program in some manner.  He may be a fine journalist and person but his being objective just doesn't match up with his columns.  Just go back and look at this past years articles and I highly doubt you can find more than a handful with anything positive to say about the  Hog program. 

I realize last year was a disaster of epic proportions record wise for the football program.  Harry took every opportunity to make sure to highlight each and every failure like we the fans couldn't recognize it for ourselves.  There comes a point in time when your effectiveness as a writer just falls off the map when the readers can already predict the tone and direction your article is going before it is even written or read.   

Robert Shields has become another perfect example of why no one really bothers to read what he writes because there is never anything new.  Always negative to the point of it being a distraction to the point he is trying to make. 

Rooster Hogburn

Quote from: Trottsky on March 05, 2014, 09:59:43 am
A-men.

There are a number of fine newspapers in Arkansas doing REPORTING that wouldn't get done otherwise. Broadcast outlets do a good job but they don't have the resources to cover the many aspects that newspapers are able to shed light on. To say newspapers are opinion driven is one of the most misguided statements I can imagine, unless you're talking about the Washington Times or other obvious mouthpiece rags. I've been in a lot of newsrooms and I've never seen anyone asked to slant a story and I've never seen one get into print. Sometimes mistakes happen, but daily journalism is performed on a precipice, and one may slip ... so may you all in your line of work. When it happens, corrections are forthcoming. Rare in blog land.

And casual browsing on the web means risking getting only the top layer of the story, clicking past the subtext and background that well-written news stories present.

Laugh and scoff, yet it is true.

Where do you think the lion's share of AP reports and aggregated web news comes from? That's right, newspapers. Radio and TV often follow up from newspaper reports. Some days you can hear radio guys reading straight from the printed news.

If there's no New York Times, Washington Post, LA Times, Dallas/Ft. Worth, Miami Herald, Dem-Gaz, Morning News, Southwest TR and on and on and on, there will be less and less valid news out there on the web and you'll be getting "informed" by opinion-driven sites and won't be able to get a clear picture about what your local, state and national governments are doing, what corporations are up to, and sports coverage will become spotty. Rumor and distortion, however, will be kings.

Politicians and greedy capitalists (and secretive state university programs) await the day.

And when a big story happens, what do people want to clip and save for their scrapbooks or frame on the wall? Let's see, a print-out from a blog looks real good ...

Good thing you wrote this on a sports blog, otherwise it would've gone unseen. Good riddance to "traditional media," you will not be missed by me.

To forgive is to set a pisoner free and discover that the prisoner was you.-Lewis B. Smedes

hambone

Mike, I like the way you approach these types of discussions. You provide real info that media outsiders like myself appreciate.

I get sick of Faldon feeling like he has to take up for any media member. I've heard King on the radio in the mornings in Ft Smith. If that's all you ever knew about the guy in combination with his column, then drawing the conclusion that he is a pompous wind bag is not far fetched at all.

And Faldon, that is what the vast majority of us have to go on concerning the guy, so get over it.

Justifiable Hogicide

That was quite a show and quite a day.
I think Wally handled it well, Nutt's psychotic phonecall, even unchallenged, opened another window into the dark and tilted place that is Nutt's mind.

Hogpkins

Quote from: hambone on March 19, 2014, 05:54:44 pm
I've heard King on the radio in the mornings in Ft Smith. If that's all you ever knew about the guy in combination with his column, then drawing the conclusion that he is a pompous wind bag is not far fetched at all.

I have to say that is my impression as well, for the same reasons. His tone seems arrogant.

I also think the way the rest of the media goes on and on about him and what a badass he is, that it is almost counterproductive. They build him up so much that it leads to an impression of arrogance. It's like every comment could be translated as "Don't mess with HK! That guy is a total badass!!"

I'm sure they mean what they say, but my impression is a lot of Arkansas media considers HK something like the Godfather.  It's always a bunch of suck-up stuff, yet I've never witnessed the brilliance.  He may truly be the baddest MF to ever write an article, but for the average public who doesn't know him personally, it's a bit of a headscratcher of how he earned this reputation. I think he must've had a couple of people whacked, and now everyone else just falls in line.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Rooster Hogburn on March 17, 2014, 09:59:43 pm
Good thing you wrote this on a sports blog, otherwise it would've gone unseen. Good riddance to "traditional media," you will not be missed by me.

The funny thing about what you were responding to was him saying "greedy capitalist" await the day. I think he forgot who OWNS newspapers as well as other types of "traditional" media.

Mike Irwin

Quote from: Shoatysmalls on March 20, 2014, 01:25:59 pm
I have to say that is my impression as well, for the same reasons. His tone seems arrogant.

I also think the way the rest of the media goes on and on about him and what a badass he is, that it is almost counterproductive. They build him up so much that it leads to an impression of arrogance. It's like every comment could be translated as "Don't mess with HK! That guy is a total badass!!"

I'm sure they mean what they say, but my impression is a lot of Arkansas media considers HK something like the Godfather.  It's always a bunch of suck-up stuff, yet I've never witnessed the brilliance.  He may truly be the baddest MF to ever write an article, but for the average public who doesn't know him personally, it's a bit of a headscratcher of how he earned this reputation. I think he must've had a couple of people whacked, and now everyone else just falls in line.
Who is the rest of the media? Nobody is this thread has referred to Harry in those terms. He's not a badass or a Godfather type. He's a guy whose paid his dues and doesn't write from a perspective of, Wow look what happened today. It's more like, What's the big deal ? This has happened before and this was the result.
Personally I have no problem if you don't like his work. That's your business. However he has been mischaracterized in this thread by people who don't know him. If somebody was doing that to a person you knew I'd hope you'd defend him as well.

LAGNAF

Quote from: bphi11ips on March 04, 2014, 12:53:40 pm
I don't disagree the internet gives us great options if we want real news.  I can pull up the AP wire in seconds.

I completely agree that the "definition" of "news" has changed from the print publishers' viewpoint.   Their definition has changed because their research shows their demo's definition of news, or its appetite for news, has changed.

Regardless of what we think a journalists' role is in our ivory towers, publishers, both on-line and in the physical world, are in the business of selling advertising.  There's a reason the typical front page feature these days is now focused on a "human interest" story such as the neglected child of a mother disfigured in an explosion while cooking meth.  And it will be a three part story.  Meanwhile, Russia's threatened invasion of The Ukraine will be a few  paragraphs on A-5.       

What you describe is mostly accurate. Newspapers used to have the franchise for all types of news. Now with the multitude of news sources available for national and world news the paradigm has shifted and newspapers franchise is much more focused on local news. That's the one area where the internet can't compete well. If you have no real interest in the local aspect, you can certainly get your news elsewhere.

Hogpkins

Quote from: Mike Irwin on March 20, 2014, 04:16:48 pm
Who is the rest of the media? Nobody is this thread has referred to Harry in those terms. He's not a badass or a Godfather type. He's a guy whose paid his dues and doesn't write from a perspective of, Wow look what happened today. It's more like, What's the big deal ? This has happened before and this was the result.
Personally I have no problem if you don't like his work. That's your business. However he has been mischaracterized in this thread by people who don't know him. If somebody was doing that to a person you knew I'd hope you'd defend him as well.

I haven't seen anyone in this thread who knows him, including media, who has gone so far as to glorify him. I agree "rest of the media" is inclusive and I should not have included everyone in the media. I meant to refer generally to how I hear him portrayed and I'm mainly referring to radio segments where he's being introduced or when he's referenced on Arkansas sports radio.

I realize introductions of any guest are usually somewhat laudatory because that's traditional politeness, but I'm not talking about typical. It's always stood out to me how I hear Harry King spoken of, in such a reverent manner and then when I hear him speak, he comes off to me as arrogant. Maybe he's paid his dues but that's the part I missed. And maybe he is self deprecating but it doesn't seem like he believes it.

The impression I formed from hearing him on the radio -- the point of the other post I quoted (I didn't quote or endorse the rest of his post) -- is that he is pompous yet respected. That seems like the Godfather. I tried to be clear I don't know him personally and was speaking on the topic of impressions formed based on public persona from the radio.

You know him personally and say that to the extent anyone else in the public views his persona the same way I and the other poster do, we are wrong. And I can't disagree with that one bit. It's just always seemed a bit odd to me how I hear him spoken of, and I responded to another person who apparently gets the same impression. Maybe we're the only ones with that impression.

LZH

Quote from: sevenof400 on March 03, 2014, 07:28:47 pm
Which is a commentary on the decline of newspapers - the fact that no one (no entity) undertakes serious journalism anymore (meaning investigative) is what allows the power elites to control even more of the message being 'broadcast' these days (via whatever medium). 

+ infinity.  More truth here than in the rest of the thread, combined.

Trottsky

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on March 20, 2014, 01:29:40 pm
The funny thing about what you were responding to was him saying "greedy capitalist" await the day. I think he forgot who OWNS newspapers as well as other types of "traditional" media.

If newspaper owners were greedy capitalists, they'd have parted out their operations long ago.

Meanwhile, there are plenty of unscrupulous connivers who lie, cheat, steal and/or use their cash to get ahead any way they can. Some pollute. Some exploit people and resources. They pay politicians to grease the skids. Newspaper try to out them.

This is just one facet of journalism, a complicated system that exists to inform the public and possibly turn an ever-shrinking profit in the process.

Meanwhile, the blog world continues to grow in its infinte stew of misinformation, ignorance and slant. So much is being lost by those who need to know, but so much is being gained by those who wish to manipulate.

DeltaBoy

Quote from: Robert Shields on March 04, 2014, 03:46:36 pm
It was the beginning of the end.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

/sarcasm on

Quote from: who is Robert Shields? on March 04, 2014, 03:46:36 pm

Does anyone know of a website or anything where I could here this conversation now?

Quote from: /sarcasm on on March 21, 2014, 05:48:56 pm
Does anyone know of a website or anything where I could here this conversation now?

PM me your e-mail address and I'll send you an mp3.  I don't think I have the whole conversation, but I do have some of what he said in a radio audio bumper I did.   
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

I have the whole mp3 file somewhere, I need to find it.  There are some typical Hottie gems.  Teresa also called in to DTS, I believe, and I have that audio file, too.  FCJ calls in shortly after and says, "I don't believe a word this woman sayuhs!".  It was pure RADIO GOLD!!!

Gem from Teresa: "I know just enough to be dangerous..."

A few from HDN:  "Walleh" -  "I didn't know about an e-mail until a couple of weeks ago" -  "Someone's mother who is disgruntled"  - "No one, no one blamed the media" - "I've always been a winner and a fighter" - "3 or 4 plays away" - "if we don't fumble a punt" - "With Gus Ma-la-zahn"  (he repeated mispronounces Gus' name)

Keep in mind this is right after the whole State of AR is shown texts between his phone and Teresa's, several times the very day the e-mail was sent, not to mention all the texts the day of the bowl game between Hootie and DB.

TOM "tbw1"

One of the joys of my life has been to be a Razorback fan during the time of writers such as OH, Jim Bailey and Harry King.

Harry has always been the kind of guy who tried to be objective about the Razorbacks.  I know of two occasions where I took exception to his column and I called him.  The first column he answered the phone and the second he returned my call.  He listened to what I had to say, made some other comments and wished me well.  He was the complete professional and gentleman.  There are very few of his kind left in this "gotcha" atmosphere.
Well see, there's your problem. What you should be thinking is, what would Harry Rex do?

/sarcasm on

Quote from: Notshavin on March 21, 2014, 06:41:09 pm
PM me your e-mail address and I'll send you an mp3.  I don't think I have the whole conversation, but I do have some of what he said in a radio audio bumper I did.   
done and +1. Thanks!

Hollywood_HOGan45

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Notshavin on March 21, 2014, 07:23:37 pm
I have the whole mp3 file somewhere, I need to find it.  There are some typical Hottie gems.  Teresa also called in to DTS, I believe, and I have that audio file, too.  FCJ calls in shortly after and says, "I don't believe a word this woman sayuhs!".  It was pure RADIO GOLD!!!

Gem from Teresa: "I know just enough to be dangerous..."

A few from HDN:  "Walleh" -  "I didn't know about an e-mail until a couple of weeks ago" -  "Someone's mother who is disgruntled"  - "No one, no one blamed the media" - "I've always been a winner and a fighter" - "3 or 4 plays away" - "if we don't fumble a punt" - "With Gus Ma-la-zahn"  (he repeated mispronounces Gus' name)

Keep in mind this is right after the whole State of AR is shown texts between his phone and Teresa's, several times the very day the e-mail was sent, not to mention all the texts the day of the bowl game between Hootie and DB.

My all time favorite was when he was gone from here thank goodness. He did an interview and proved to the world that they do have flushing toilets in Mississippi now.

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on March 23, 2014, 05:05:45 pm
My all time favorite was when he was gone from here thank goodness. He did an interview and proved to the world that they do have flushing toilets in Mississippi now.

LOL.

And I forgot he also said "high school coach".

If anyone else wants some of the audio, pm me.