Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The PB four are the real deal

Started by The Recruiting Guy, February 27, 2014, 08:21:14 am

Previous topic - Next topic

The Hogfather

I love seeing this!  We need Pine Bluff and LR to start profucing more D1 player!

HogsOfAnarchy

Oh boy. Arkansas should have plenty of talent to choose from for a couple of years

pillowhog

This is great news for the Razorbacks.  Gotta start getting more athletes out of Pine Bluff and Little Rock if we want to be good

immahog

good luck with finding it in little rock .................
No lions No tigers No bears.....ImmaHog

#1 STUNNA

pillowhog

Quote from: immahog on February 27, 2014, 08:43:52 am
Yea gotta do something about that.  Little Rock should be sending up a few Hogs every year

ricepig

Quote from: #1 STUNNA on February 27, 2014, 08:44:39 am
Tate is gonna be a must get

You don't think he'll follow Dads foot steps to Jonesboro?

#1 STUNNA

Quote from: ricepig on February 27, 2014, 09:35:24 am
You don't think he'll follow Dads foot steps to Jonesboro?

I just don't see how u can choose Astate over Arkansas regardless of family

pillowhog

Quote from: #1 STUNNA on February 27, 2014, 10:06:36 am
Yea I agree

passinghog

PorkRinds

It'll be interesting to see how long it will take for some Astaters to swoop in and disagree with this obviously correct point.

ricepig

Quote from: PorkRinds on February 27, 2014, 11:14:05 am
It'll be interesting to see how long it will take for some Astaters to swoop in and disagree with this obviously correct point.

I don't know the kid or family, what if he had grown up a big ASU fan, and it was his dream to play there, like his Dad? I fully understand the difference between the Hogs and the red pups, but it wouldn't be unrealistic to see him do this.

Huckleberry Pig

Quote from: The Hogfather on February 27, 2014, 08:27:46 am
I love seeing this!  We need Pine Bluff and LR to start profucing more D1 player!

CDBHawg

Quote from: ricepig on February 27, 2014, 11:25:46 am
I don't know the kid or family, what if he had grown up a big ASU fan, and it was his dream to play there, like his Dad? I fully understand the difference between the Hogs and the red pups, but it wouldn't be unrealistic to see him do this.

Sorry, but yes it would.

redeye

Quote from: immahog on February 27, 2014, 08:43:52 am

Well, there have been some.  Henry, Green, Tenpenny, Dyer, Day and Hill are a few names that come to mind in recent years and I know I'm forgetting others.  They're not all from LR, but those that aren't were nearby.

While I agree that LR isn't producing what it should, I don't think it's quite as bad as we think, either.

redeye

Are we talking about Tate?  Did his dad play for ASU?  I remember him receiving a lot of attention in college, but I thought it was for a NAIA team?

He played in the mid-eighties, right?  I don't recall where he went to high school, either, but I'm pretty confident that Arkansas didn't recruit him.  Anyone know for certain?

My point is that Tate probably would have been a Razorback, if Sutton or Nolan had only recruited him.

red_beard_82

If it were women's basketball then I would agree with you.

St. Hogustine

Quote from: redeye on February 27, 2014, 04:30:55 pm
Are we talking about Tate?  Did his dad play for ASU?  I remember him receiving a lot of attention in college, but I thought it was for a NAIA team?

He played in the mid-eighties, right?  I don't recall where he went to high school, either, but I'm pretty confident that Arkansas didn't recruit him.  Anyone know for certain?

My point is that Tate probably would have been a Razorback, if Sutton or Nolan had only recruited him.

I remember a John Tate who played basketball for Watson Chapel in the mid '80s and went to ASU.  I don't think the hogs offered.

FATHAWG08

He didn't follow him to Watson  Chapel. Arkansas I hope starts recruiting PB more. Even in the Marion Glover days or before that Arkansas has never really recruited PB heavy.
I love off season Football!!

FATHAWG08

Quote from: St. Hogustine on February 27, 2014, 10:50:07 pm
I remember a John Tate who played basketball for Watson Chapel in the mid '80s and went to ASU.  I don't think the hogs offered.
John Tate could of played for the Hogs for sure. I think he is ASU leading scorer or in top 3. He was a beast. 6'7" or somewhere along that height with a really nice shot.
I love off season Football!!