Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

May 13, 2024, 04:05:29 am

Gay marriage poll

Started by goodguytex, February 26, 2014, 06:24:15 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you support or oppose a national law to legalize gay marriage?

Support national gay marriage
61 (36.1%)
Oppose national gay marriage
66 (39.1%)
Get rid of government recognition of any kind
30 (17.8%)
The 1873 Civil Union Act (See 1873 Hawg's Post)
12 (7.1%)

Total Members Voted: 163

Voting closed: March 12, 2014, 07:24:14 pm

Michaelt

Quote from: hogwild210 on April 06, 2014, 08:20:08 am
You think other people should be tolerant of the belief that some people don't deserve equal rights?

Honestly HW, this has been discussed over and over from many different views and frankly I've grown quite weary of it. If it were only a case of equal rights, I would be all for it, but I personally don't see it that way even though the majority of society does. I'm ok with that. People can put whatever label(s) on me they desire. I'm ok with that also.

On the Mozilla thing, that was blown way out of proportion.

I agree.
Hearing God's voice means not listening to the noise of the world around us.

panhandlepig

Quote from: sevenof400 on April 06, 2014, 04:43:48 pm
Obviously you cannot count past zero, because that point has never been shot down. 
We are still waiting for the first point supporting a position on why society should accept deviant behavior as normal.

And I'm still waiting on why anyone who opposes gay marriage really care. I'm still waiting on an explanation of what catastrophic consequences will occur if America lets Gay folks get hitched..

Deviant means a deviation from the norm or what the norm considers moral. I think a lot of people and behavior are deviant and immoral. Do I want them to not have the same rights I have? Sometimes. Good thing I'm not in charge.

PonderinHog

Sometimes it's better to be born blind and be made to see than it is to be able to see and yet remain blind.

Michaelt

Quote from: PonderinHog on April 06, 2014, 07:42:57 pm
Sometimes it's better to be born blind and be made to see than it is to be able to see and yet remain blind.

well said.
Hearing God's voice means not listening to the noise of the world around us.

PonderinHog

panhandlepig

Quote from: PonderinHog on April 06, 2014, 08:02:04 pm
Tis the season.   ;)

Yes it is. So happy Passover, Happy Easter and evidently Happy Birthday Buddah on April 8th. Happy Beltane for all Pagans and Happy Arbor Day for all you Tree-huggers out there depending where you are. It makes a difference when you should plant a tree. Happy Ridvan for any B'hai folks out there. Happy Spring to all (even if you are gay).

grayhawg

Quote from: panhandlepig on April 06, 2014, 09:46:27 pm
Yes it is. So happy Passover, Happy Easter and evidently Happy Birthday Buddah on April 8th. Happy Beltane for all Pagans and Happy Arbor Day for all you Tree-huggers out there depending where you are. It makes a difference when you should plant a tree. Happy Ridvan for any B'hai folks out there. Happy Spring to all (even if you are gay).
;D

Looks like you covered just about everything, happy, happy, happy have a good one PHP

hogwild210

Quote from: sevenof400 on April 06, 2014, 04:43:48 pm
Obviously you cannot count past zero, because that point has never been shot down. 
We are still waiting for the first point supporting a position on why society should accept deviant behavior as normal.

1) That doesn't even address the point he was trying to make.

2) Nobody is asking you to accept anything.
Quote from: Steef on May 26, 2017, 12:28:23 pm
Still, one can never go wrong with excrement at a time like this.

redeye

Quote from: grayhawg on March 30, 2014, 04:22:09 pm
This was the post I replied too, on the namecalling.

Yea, I know.  I also know that I wasn't calling anyone a name.  If you think I'm being insidious, then you would be wrong.  I was simply being honest and I find it interesting that you would think I was calling someone (you?) a name with that comment.

Former Senator Larry Craig is a good example.  He was one of the biggest anti-gay members of the Senate, until he was arrested for soliciting gay sex in an airport bathroom.

grayhawg

Quote from: redeye on April 07, 2014, 09:44:16 pm
Yea, I know.  I also know that I wasn't calling anyone a name.  If you think I'm being insidious, then you would be wrong.  I was simply being honest and I find it interesting that you would think I was calling someone (you?) a name with that comment.

Former Senator Larry Craig is a good example.  He was one of the biggest anti-gay members of the Senate, until he was arrested for soliciting gay sex in an airport bathroom.
Well lets say I posted a comment (which btw I wouldn't) like I think everyone who supports gays are closet gays. Would you think I was calling you or others Gay?

redeye

Quote from: grayhawg on April 07, 2014, 09:52:55 pm
Well lets say I posted a comment (which btw I wouldn't) like I think everyone who supports gays are closet gays. Would you think I was calling you or others Gay?

No, I would not, but then I haven't read through this thread and don't know how heated it may have become.  Regardless, I wasn't attacking anyone.

Also note that I didn't say everyone, but most.  Even that's probably a bit of an exaggeration, but there do seem to be a lot of them.