Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New visitor for Sat in Wed bits

Started by The Recruiting Guy, February 26, 2014, 02:16:30 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawg_Thai'd

Thanks RD. BTW, one would think that after NSD you would get a little break from work, but you are a machine. Working your tail off to keep us informed. Thanks for all you do!
I'm a helluva guy. One of the best, in fact.

The real Hogules

Hmmmm, I wonder why the two home state schools (OU & OSU-S) haven't offered?
He won't be able to get much separation from defenders, unless he can run excellent routes, because 4.6 isn't exactly blazing.

I'm confident that our coaching staff has seen something that they liked in this kid, otherwise they wouldn't have made contact with him.
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

The Recruiting Guy

Quote from: The real Hogules on February 26, 2014, 06:08:59 am
He won't be able to get much separation from defenders, unless he can run excellent routes, because 4.6 isn't exactly blazing.

I'm confident that our coaching staff has seen something that they liked in this kid, otherwise they wouldn't have made contact with him.

Look at his video. He's a in-state guy too. Much like Ark you offer when you're totally sure about an in-state guy. Plus I think some people forget that's very, very early in the process. Just a few weeks removed from NSD

onebadrubi

Joe Adams was a 4.6 guy...  This guy could be a possession receiver also. I've the chains type guy. 

YouCrawl_IQuall

40 times are irrelevant, I wish people would stop giving it so much credence. A more important stat imo with in the 40 time is the his 10 second split. That will tell you more if he will be able to get separation from defenders. Jerry Rice ran a 4.7 but had a world class 10 second split

Tim Harris

I like that our coaches are recruiting some more big bodied WRs. 

onebadrubi

Quote from: Tim Harris on February 26, 2014, 08:31:01 am

Talk about a Low confidence QB's best friend then sprinkle in a little Henry, Cornelius, and hatcher.  Now the lanes open up for Collins

Hoggish1

Looks like he has football speed and great timing.  I never saw anybody catch him in the video, granted that was his HS competition, but still he seemed to always be running away from people.

The real Hogules

I honestly didn't know anything about this kid, was just wondering why neither one of the two big in state schools had offered.

If our coaching staff decides to offer him, then I'll be thrilled to get him.
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

Hawg_Thai'd

Since he averaged almost 18 yards per catch, he must be doing something right. Not sure how easy it would be bringing in a top talent guy from Ok City, but the coaches seem to like him. It's going to be interesting to see how we follow up with this next round of receivers.
I'm a helluva guy. One of the best, in fact.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

I don't care if his 40 time is 10.2... His 1st 10 yds and last 50 yards are amazing..! He is not getting caught in a press, and his hops are out of this world. He's another Hamilton, if not better...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

The Recruiting Guy

I'm not saying he'll get an offer on Sat but he's one I bet Arkansas gives him a serious look and maybe offer later.

ImHogginIt

Quote from: Richard Davenport on February 26, 2014, 02:16:30 am
www.wholehogsports.com/news/2014/feb/26/we/

I see again where one site updated their visit list. This time with Green.

Watch RD report someone and it usually shows up on their list fairly quickly but you never see them announce a new visitor. It just shows up on the list like they had it all the time.

SemperFi

Quote from: Tim Harris on February 26, 2014, 08:31:01 am

No doubt. 40 times won't mean much when the CB covering these guys can't out muscle or out jump these monster sized WR's we're chasing after. What are the oppossing defenses going to do, put a LB'er or Safety on them? If that happens then we'll see separation. If we can't run past you, we'll run over you. WPS!
Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem. - Ronald Reagan

backout60

i will say that OU really likes him and most around the moore area feel that if OU offers then hes theirs to lose. OU is in on some really high ranked elite guys and we lead for a few and are in a fews top group. So the philosophy OU has is to make sure you really want said guy whos said lock because if you offer then he commits you take him. but make sure its someone you want for sure. It took us a while to offer marquis overton the DT from jenks this year because he grew up an OU fan and the coaches made sure it was someone they knew they wanted because if you offer then he'll more than likely commit.

Regarding green why not shoot for the big fish and if you strikeout then you have a guy in OKC who likes you. also green grew up on the west coast