Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ty and others helping recruit for 2015

Started by bennyl08, February 25, 2014, 06:08:47 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

twistitup

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on February 26, 2014, 10:14:41 pm
All hail St. Nick (Saban). He always gets what he wants with a mere wink of the eye and a touch of his nose. And up the chimney he goes......

Compare their success to ours....nuff said

I hope he sticks w/ us
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

CDBHawg

Quote from: twistitup on February 27, 2014, 08:55:50 am

I hope he sticks w/ us

Yet he's committed to us and not them.

hawgtime

Quote from: hawgmasta on February 25, 2014, 10:38:48 pm
Keeping Ty is critical for the class. If we could sign the top 6-9 top players in Arkansas plus steal say 5-7 4+ stars we would be in amazing shape.

I hope!

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: twistitup on February 27, 2014, 08:55:50 am

I hope he sticks w/ us
Was posted "tongue-in-cheek"; however, when it comes to this coach and you I obviously should have called him "god" Nick. With St. I was aiming WAY TOO LOW.

Sourpuss

Ty is ALL hog.  I have a better source than anyone on here, unless one of you is Ty.   

And yes he has talked to Bama.  That is true.  Recently.  Still ALL HOG. 

I don't know what Mike Irwin heard in the other thread but it is wrong. 

Ty is respectful and if Nick calls he listens but he's gonna be a hog. 

Danny J

Quote from: Sourpuss on March 21, 2014, 12:41:10 am
Ty is ALL hog.  I have a better source than anyone on here, unless one of you is Ty.   

Good to know

Hawg_Thai'd

Quote from: Sourpuss on March 21, 2014, 12:41:10 am

I think a lot of people are disillusioned (sp?) into thinking that these recruits don't get calls or messages on a consistent basis. Ty Storey is good. Bottom Line. Coaches want him. I think the fact that he is talking to them out of respect is awesome. Heck, I can only imagine him going to school and having to tell his friends that he was right in the middle of studying for that test and both Nick Saban and Les Miles interrupted him with phone calls wanting him to come play for them. Maybe that's stretching it a little, but you get the idea. We better get used to those types of coaches trying to poach our recruits/commits, because it's coming. We will be getting the players with outstanding offer lists.
I'm a helluva guy. One of the best, in fact.

redeye

Quote from: twistitup on February 26, 2014, 09:18:37 pm
I hope.... But nobody will convince me that Saban won't make that a tough decision

You're assuming everyone is like you, but they're not.  If I were a highly rated recruit, there wouldn't be anything Saban could do to make me consider Alabama.  I'm sure most highly rated recruits would be more receptive then that, but I'm also sure there are many who have no interest in Alabama, no matter how much past success they've had.

gmarv

i second that redeye ain,t nobody out there that could of
convinced me to go anywhere else period.(of course i know
that destroyed a lot of coaches dreams)

Sourpuss

He's actually actively engaged in recruiting for us to the degree which he can.  Quality kid. 

He gets it.  Understands that the more highly rated recruits people see (our first seven) that it starts to snowball.  True leader.  One of our lead recruiters right now. 

Hawg_Thai'd

Quote from: Sourpuss on March 22, 2014, 09:15:05 am
He's actually actively engaged in recruiting for us to the degree which he can.  Quality kid. 

He gets it.  Understands that the more highly rated recruits people see (our first seven) that it starts to snowball.  True leader.  One of our lead recruiters right now.

That is the kind of news we need to hear. Thanks.

bennyl08

Quote from: Hawg_Thaid on March 22, 2014, 09:30:01 am
That is the kind of news we need to hear. Thanks.

Which is also the title of the thread...

I am very excited about this upcoming class. I think it has the potential to be one of the best we have signed in a long time. Which kind of puts this current class in a middle child situation. People will remember BB's first class, and then will remember 2015 which may end up as our best class. However, it is this current class which helps fill immediate voids on our team while allowing us the potential to redshirt many of the 2015'ers.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

Hawg_Thai'd

Quote from: bennyl08 on March 30, 2014, 07:23:12 pm
Which is also the title of the thread...

I am very excited about this upcoming class. I think it has the potential to be one of the best we have signed in a long time. Which kind of puts this current class in a middle child situation. People will remember BB's first class, and then will remember 2015 which may end up as our best class. However, it is this current class which helps fill immediate voids on our team while allowing us the potential to redshirt many of the 2015'ers.

I share your excitement. What I think CBB is doing is filling all the "holes" the best he can. To me, it doesn't matter much if you have a top ten class if you don't address the areas of need. CBB and staff have addressed those areas. Our 2014 class is very well spread out. About the only position we didn't get was the MLB. Other than that, we got everything covered to help our depth.
I think you're right in that the '15 class may be one of the best to date. Only time will tell. Go Hogs Go!