Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ty and others helping recruit for 2015

Started by bennyl08, February 25, 2014, 06:08:47 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

bennyl08

http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/recruiting/arkansas-tystorey-no1-sec-qb/

It is key to mention that Storey is still keeping an ear open to Bama, but it appears he is trying to actively help recruit for 2015 and encouraging others to help recruit as well. He is personally working on KJ Hill and Will Gragg. This is awesome to hear.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

ifghog

I definitely didn't like the Obama comment.

hawgsmellgud

"I've never been a numbers guy," Mallett said. "If you play the game for yourself, don't play. I don't want you on the team. There's one goal we've got here. If you're not trying to reach that goal, don't come to Arkansas."

The_Hog_Father

Quote from: hawgsmellgud on February 25, 2014, 07:28:16 pm
I love this.

What Obama comment?

Did he mean the comments on Bama looking for a QB since Bama lost their QB commit to USC?

VanilaGorila

Quote from: bennyl08 on February 25, 2014, 06:08:47 pm
http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/recruiting/arkansas-tystorey-no1-sec-qb/

It is key to mention that Storey is still keeping an ear open to Bama, but it appears he is trying to actively help recruit for 2015 and encouraging others to help recruit as well. He is personally working on KJ Hill and Will Gragg. This is awesome to hear.

The keeping an ear open was in regards to Gragg, not Storey.

72756Hog

Quote from: VanilaGorila on February 25, 2014, 07:31:54 pm
The keeping an ear open was in regards to Gragg, not Storey.
"The QB admitted there has been increased communication in the past month, but that he's still firm to Arkansas."

The QB. Storey.
Never argue with stupid people, they'll just drag you down to their level and win by experience.

VanilaGorila

Quote from: 72756Hog on February 25, 2014, 07:34:46 pm
"The QB admitted there has been increased communication in the past month, but that he's still firm to Arkansas."

The QB. Storey.

"No. 3. Gragg is uncommitted and Alabama has his ear, but Storey said he has been a top priority to recruit."

Cobbler

QuoteWhich takes us back to Alabama, who has inquired more heavily about Storey. The QB admitted there has been increased communication in the past month, but that he's still firm to Arkansas. He did add that all prospects should be wise to keep their eyes and ears open to all opportunities, because things can change so quickly in college football. So to be more to the point, he is listening to Alabama.

It clearly says Storey has been talking and listening to Alabama.

hawgsmellgud

"I've never been a numbers guy," Mallett said. "If you play the game for yourself, don't play. I don't want you on the team. There's one goal we've got here. If you're not trying to reach that goal, don't come to Arkansas."

Oklahawg

It IS Saturday Down South (not necessarily the end-all, be-all, of football journalism).

That said, I don't think this indicates Storey is even considering Bama at this point. He was offered by them before UA, for goodness sake. I'd say he has a stronger sense of what Gragg and Hill are thinking than the bulk of HV.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

hawgsmellgud

Quote from: Cobbler on February 25, 2014, 07:56:46 pm

It says this.

Quote from: Oklahawg on February 25, 2014, 08:11:52 pm
It IS Saturday Down South (not necessarily the end-all, be-all, of football journalism).

That said, I don't think this indicates Storey is even considering Bama at this point. He was offered by them before UA, for goodness sake. I'd say he has a stronger sense of what Gragg and Hill are thinking than the bulk of HV.

I believe this.

ricepig

Quote from: Cobbler on February 25, 2014, 07:56:46 pm

It says the Tide have been in touch with Storey.

CDBHawg

Bama smama.....

The QB admitted there has been increased communication in the past month, but that he's still firm to Arkansas.

redeye

QuoteOwning the in-state prospects and mining good out-of-state talent is absolutely critical for the Razorbacks. For years, Alabama and Auburn seem to have been able to pluck whatever kind of talent they wanted from Arkansas. Top recruits like Altee Tenpenny, Michael Dyer and Kiehl Frazier all left the state, and regardless of how their careers have turned out, those were kids Arkansas originally wanted to keep home.

Well, Bielema is building a pretty good wall around the state. In the 2013 class, he kept 6 of the top 8 at home. Earlier this month he signed 3 of the top 5 including the best prospect in DL Bijhon Jackson, and so far–as Storey will readily points out–the Razorbacks are actually in very good shape to land anybody they want from the state's top 10 for 2015.

Alabama and Auburn pluck whatever talent they want from Arkansas?!?  Really?  They've gotten some players, but that's a gross exaggeration.  And they even mentioned Frazier, who probably wasn't even recruited that hard by Arkansas.  I guess you could also make a case that Dyer wasn't recruited that hard, since he wasn't offered a schollie until a week? before NSD?

And who was the other instate player we offered, but didn't get, in 2013?  Tenpenny was one, but he mentions there being two?

I may be nitpicking, but I don't think that guy knows what he's talking about here.

Glad to hear that Storey is still firm, though.  Thanks for posting that!

hawgmasta

Keeping Ty is critical for the class. If we could sign the top 6-9 top players in Arkansas plus steal say 5-7 4+ stars we would be in amazing shape.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Did we expect Bama to stop Recruiting him? They didn't stop recruiting Hunter Henry.

NLRHog92

Quote from: Oklahawg on February 25, 2014, 08:11:52 pm

Which means that there will always be a biased towards Bumma. Ear open or not, Storey will be a HAWG  :razorback:

PygmalionEffect

"Top recruits like Altee Tenpenny, Michael Dyer and Kiehl Frazier all left the state, and regardless of how their careers have turned out, those were kids Arkansas originally wanted to keep home".

Interesting article, didn't realize the national media has already projected failure for Tenpenny.
Pygmalion Effect - The phenomenon in which the greater the expectation placed upon people, the better they perform.

onebadrubi

Quote from: redeye on February 25, 2014, 10:36:09 pm
Alabama and Auburn pluck whatever talent they want from Arkansas?!?  Really?  They've gotten some players, but that's a gross exaggeration.  And they even mentioned Frazier, who probably wasn't even recruited that hard by Arkansas.  I guess you could also make a case that Dyer wasn't recruited that hard, since he wasn't offered a schollie until a week? before NSD?

And who was the other instate player we offered, but didn't get, in 2013?  Tenpenny was one, but he mentions there being two?

I may be nitpicking, but I don't think that guy knows what he's talking about here.

Glad to hear that Storey is still firm, though.  Thanks for posting that!

Wasn't there a kid from NEA that went to Clemson?

CDBHawg

bennyl08

I read it as, Storey isn't going to burn any bridges to Bama. Maybe BB gets in some kind of trouble or some falling out between Storey and the coach's. He isn't really considering them, but he isn't going to close them off completely either.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

redeye

Quote from: onebadrubi on February 25, 2014, 11:29:41 pm
Wasn't there a kid from NEA that went to Clemson?

I forgot about him, but he was the big one that got away in 2012 and was really the only one that year.  I don't have a clue who the other player would be for 2013.

Speaking of the 2012 class, while looking it up, I noticed that Jalen Cobb and is supposed to graduate in 2015 from Coffeyville.  I wonder how he's doing and if we've shown any interest in him?

twistitup

How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

The real Hogules

Quote from: bennyl08 on February 26, 2014, 12:16:13 am
I read it as, Storey isn't going to burn any bridges to Bama. Maybe BB gets in some kind of trouble or some falling out between Storey and the coach's. He isn't really considering them, but he isn't going to close them off completely either.

I took it as "things change", like position coaches, or offensive philosophy.
As long as our program shows a willingness to throw the football and play to our QB's strengths that Ty will end up a Razorback!
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

CDBHawg

870hogfan

Quote from: 3kgthog on February 26, 2014, 08:43:38 am
If there's no interest, you don't keep the communication line open and you definitely don't increase the communication. Your Razorback red glasses are fogging up if you don't think Storey is listening and keeping that door ajar. Fire up another season of 3-4 wins and you'll see that smoke turn into an inferno.

Not worried, he will sign with Arkansas. I know deep down you want him to flip tho.

3BoarsDown

Haha, he's all Hog unless we fire the head coach.

CDBHawg

If there's no interest, you don't keep the communication line open and you definitely don't increase the communication. Your Razorback red glasses are fogging up if you don't think Storey is listening and keeping that door ajar. Fire up another season of 3-4 wins and you'll see that smoke turn into an inferno.

And so are yours. Expecting a kid to shut it completely down prior to this senior season just because he's committed to your favorite team.

It's called.......wait for it......RECRUITING.

ricepig

Quote from: redeye on February 26, 2014, 02:37:10 am
I forgot about him, but he was the big one that got away in 2012 and was really the only one that year.  I don't have a clue who the other player would be for 2013.

Speaking of the 2012 class, while looking it up, I noticed that Jalen Cobb and is supposed to graduate in 2015 from Coffeyville.  I wonder how he's doing and if we've shown any interest in him?
Zac wanted to play RB, Petrino wanted him at WR. The funny thing was, his hands weren't that great for WR, and he wasn't that durable to play RB.

Virgil

He's all HAWG and I'm not sure how you could take anything differently from that article. 
It's not what you push but what pushes you!!

cosmodrum

Good luck with that.
Go away, batin'

colt-45

Interesting how their are no quotes from the prospect himself when discussing his interest in Bama. Sounds like to me the reporter wanting to put his own spin on things. I'd guess Storey didn't commit two years out so that he could flip to Bama in his senior year. Maybe he is just checking to see what kind of "perks" they offer.

Scott7703

Quote from: twistitup on February 26, 2014, 04:52:03 am
We should be worried IMHO

Why should we worry? Storey has stated multiple times he is firm l arkansas and he is openly and actively recruiting other players to arkansas. He is a top qb so there will be other teams coming after him but until the kid gives me reason to doubt he is the least of my worries for this upcoming class.

hogwild210

This kid is mature beyond his years. He's going to be one hell of a leader.
Quote from: Steef on May 26, 2017, 12:28:23 pm
Still, one can never go wrong with excrement at a time like this.

colbs

You must have a miserable life, always negative.

twistitup

Quote from: Scott7703 on February 26, 2014, 11:04:09 am
Why should we worry? Storey has stated multiple times he is firm l arkansas and he is openly and actively recruiting other players to arkansas. He is a top qb so there will be other teams coming after him but until the kid gives me reason to doubt he is the least of my worries for this upcoming class.

He's actively talking to them. If you had a girlfriend but was actively talking to her best friend too - would she be worried?

Why would he keep communication lines open in the first place?

Exactly.

HogInFlorida

Quote from: twistitup on February 26, 2014, 12:58:58 pm
He's actively talking to them. If you had a girlfriend but was actively talking to her best friend too - would she be worried?

Exactly.

This comparison is so laughably bad
Quote from: Mike Irwin on June 12, 2013, 09:18:52 pm
I'd rather be hit over the head with a brick than have to revisit the memories of those seven awful months with coach "Smile" in charge.

COCHISE

All he said is that communication with Bama has increased which is to be expected with them recently losing their QB commitment. I'm sure Bama has increased communication with numerous QB's looking for a replacement. It's not like Storey is calling them for crap's sake. And he's right. Recruits should keep their options open and have a plan B & C just like the coaches do. There are a million things tat could happen in recruiting, just ask Kaleb Blanchard, Darius Philon, Corey McBride, or the numerous recruits that start scrambling to find a new school after their head or position coaches are fired or take other jobs.

Scott7703

Exactly.

It's called recruiting. Alabama along with mutiple others will continue to chase after Ty up until signing day. I don't understand what you really expect him to do.

Also as stated by another poster above the comparison is awful. Completely different situations.

ricepig

Actively talking to them? Does that mean he returns or answers their phone calls? Is he calling them 3 times a week like Gragg does our staff?  No one knows, he is actively recruiting for the Hogs and is openly talking about it, that we do know.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Exactly.

Hunter Henry continued to talk with Alabama Coaches almost till signing day. You have a problem with his commitment?

Storey is 100% hog. The only thing that will change his mind it if CBB or Chaney leave.

But teams will continue to talk to him all the way until signing day, because he is that good.

onebadrubi

What 17 year old looks down on his phone, see's Nick Saban calling and doesn't answer?  Then it shows good upbringing to not lie to RD and such by saying I do carry on conversations with Nick Saban.  Find me ONE kid who trully ignores Nick Saban's call. 

pondwater jack

Quote from: onebadrubi on February 26, 2014, 02:50:26 pm
What 17 year old looks down on his phone, see's Nick Saban calling and doesn't answer?  Then it shows good upbringing to not lie to RD and such by saying I do carry on conversations with Nick Saban.  Find me ONE kid who trully ignores Nick Saban's call.
I have NEVER spoken with Nick Saban. ....by phone.....text.....mail.... Email.  no desire.  as a fan i am all hog..  for what thats worth.  if i saw it was him id anser 1 tine to tell him " NICK GO TO  HEL!"

Jack Blasingame
Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on February 13, 2015, 07:56:19 am
I cry at the thought of our creator looking down from on high relishing in two of his more majestic creations (Jack Blasingame and Mike Irwin) pulling together for the benefit of all razorback nation. Neigh..! mankind...
Quote from: Fort Dweller on February 14, 2015, 10:04:29 pm
And they slowly slink back to their holes.  Well done Madden and Watkins.

twistitup

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on February 26, 2014, 02:25:45 pm
Hunter Henry continued to talk with Alabama Coaches almost till signing day. You have a problem with his commitment?

Storey is 100% hog. The only thing that will change his mind it if CBB or Chaney leave.

But teams will continue to talk to him all the way until signing day, because he is that good.
Hunter Henry made a tough decision to choose us over Bama.....how many kids would do that? How many kids that aren't Ark kids would do that?

Not many....we should be concerned.

Scott7703

Quote from: twistitup on February 26, 2014, 08:45:33 pm
Hunter Henry made a tough decision to choose us over Bama.....how many kids would do that? How many kids that aren't Ark kids would do that?

Ok, you've convinced me. I will completely disregard what Ty himself says and the fact he is openly recruiting other players and believe you.

Can't wait until signing day 2015 when storey signs with bama.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: twistitup on February 26, 2014, 08:45:33 pm

Worry all you want then. But Storey will be a razorback.

twistitup

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on February 26, 2014, 09:12:22 pm
Worry all you want then. But Storey will be a razorback.

I hope.... But nobody will convince me that Saban won't make that a tough decision

Vantage 8 dude

February 26, 2014, 10:14:41 pm #47 Last Edit: February 26, 2014, 10:52:01 pm by Vantage 8 dude
Quote from: twistitup on February 26, 2014, 09:18:37 pm
I hope.... But nobody will convince me that Saban won't make that a tough decision
All hail St. Nick (Saban). He always gets what he wants with a mere wink of the eye and a touch of his nose. And up the chimney he goes......

BaggerHog

Ty Will be a Razorback...If I did have cause to doubt it wouldn't happen – I don't – I would be much more worried Oklahoma would steal him rather than Alabama.

razorhead94

"Primetime is whenever we play" - Jack Kenley 2019 OmaHogs