Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Crappie

Started by Hogsenburg, February 25, 2014, 12:21:20 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hogsenburg

anybody know where the Crappie are biting in Southeast Arkansas? Its starting to warm up and I'm about ready for a good mess of crappie

Harley_Hawg

Its pretty hit and miss, mostly miss. Caught 10 Saturday and 12 Sunday at Felsenthal. Good news is that they were full of eggs. The delta lakes were not producing many bites this past weekend according to some friends

LSUFan

I've been with this guy several times, always did well

http://www.familyfishingtrips.com/

He has always offered me the GPS coordinates to his crappie hotels (He has well over 400)

His name is Darrel, super nice guy. He fishes Hamilton, DeGray, and Greeson.

I know it's no SE, but may be worth the drive.
I ain't saying you babysitting, but my kids are all over your couch.

Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on August 17, 2015, 02:46:52 pm
Sometimes, I think you're a wine-o who found a laptop in a dumpster.

Hogsenburg

Quote from: LSUFan on February 26, 2014, 12:08:13 am
I've been with this guy several times, always did well

http://www.familyfishingtrips.com/

He has always offered me the GPS coordinates to his crappie hotels (He has well over 400)

His name is Darrel, super nice guy. He fishes Hamilton, DeGray, and Greeson.

I know it's no SE, but may be worth the drive.

Thanks man actually worked on Degray in college.......its not too far from me I may have to look in to that

ArkILHog

It's been quite awhile but the Blue Springs area of Beaver Lake used to be a prime spot....I know it's not the SE portion of Arkansas but I remember catching huge slabs in the day.  I love me some crappie.  I also recall East Lake and Moon Lake in the Brinkley area as being great for slabs.

DeltaBoy

This cold snap this week thrown things off.   I had good luck over the years in Eastern Ark fishing the lakes back in the flooded timber around structures like old RR Trussels. 
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Hogsenburg

Quote from: DeltaBoy on March 04, 2014, 09:31:24 am
This cold snap this week thrown things off.   I had good luck over the years in Eastern Ark fishing the lakes back in the flooded timber around structures like old RR Trussels.

yessir I used to tear the crappie up on the Old River in Scott and up around Bredlows corner which is around Scott/England.....been several years since ive fished over there

DeltaBoy

Quote from: Otto Von Pigsmark on March 04, 2014, 09:33:20 am
yessir I used to tear the crappie up on the Old River in Scott and up around Bredlows corner which is around Scott/England.....been several years since ive fished over there

East Lake between Holly Grove and Clarendon off Ark 17 been a solid Crappie lake for decades.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.

jdelo77

I don't know how far south you guys are but , my dad and brother have been tearing crappie up on Millwood ...

hogbud

Quote from: jdelow77 on March 19, 2014, 06:37:04 pm
I don't know how far south you guys are but , my dad and brother have been tearing crappie up on Millwood ...

Think Millwood is crappie hot spot right now. My brothers caught about 50 yesterday in foot and a half deep water. Work sux!!!

jdelo77

I agree , up NWA way the water temps are 45-52 , on Millwood it's 61 ... Crazy

rudebaker

What part of Millwood?

jdelo77

not in the river, I cant remember off hand , I will call my dad later and ask, I know my brother puts in at Cottonshed, where he goes from there I have no idea....

dagnamit

Quote from: jdelow77 on March 21, 2014, 01:44:50 pm
not in the river, I cant remember off hand , I will call my dad later and ask, I know my brother puts in at Cottonshed, where he goes from there I have no idea....
perfect answer....

me and a buddy caught 48 yesterday along with 18 bass.

jdelo77

They tend to be kind of tight lipped , my dad did well today (18 slabs ) my brother said he was taking a break until next week , he's been fishing almost 16 hours a day for a week ( he's only 24 ) ...

Rzbakfromwaybak

Quote from: jdelow77 on March 21, 2014, 07:46:39 pm

They tend to be kind of tight lipped , my dad did well today (18 slabs ) my brother said he was taking a break until next week , he's been fishing almost 16 hours a day for a week ( he's only 24 ) ...

Glad to hear he's getting a break from all those 16 hour days......

Tough job, but somebody's gotta do it.......

Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.

jdelo77

He's nuts , and we works when he wants ! Yeah really tough fishing for a week straight ! Ha ...

LSUFan

It's illegal to posses crappie in Arkansas, I know, I am a game warden, all I need is your address and I'll be by to pick up the fillets. If you don't argue, I won't give you a ticket :)

DeltaBoy

Quote from: jdelow77 on March 21, 2014, 07:46:39 pm

I remember doing that when I was a Young man.   

jdelo77

I've been fishing about 15-20 days in a row when the white bass were running , cost me a girlfriend and a lot of grief but , I wouldn't trade those days of catching all those fish for anything ..

LSUFan

Quote from: jdelow77 on March 24, 2014, 08:52:43 pm
I've been fishing about 15-20 days in a row when the white bass were running , cost me a girlfriend and a lot of grief but , I wouldn't trade those days of catching all those fish for anything ..
I hope you get your grief back, the gf, Meh, she ain't the only one that's got one.

DeltaBoy

Good fishing is so hard to pass up.

LSUFan

Quote from: DeltaBoy on March 25, 2014, 09:32:09 am
Good fishing is so hard to pass up.
It's better than sex, and you wind up smelling the same and actually enjoy eating what you catch.

Rzbakfromwaybak

Quote from: jdelow77 on March 24, 2014, 08:52:43 pm

Yeah,.....a girlfriend or fishing.......tough choice (sometimes)

....In the long run, fishing is much cheaper.  Now, the grief part can be more complex....
Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.

PonderinHog

Quote from: Rzbakfromwaybak on March 25, 2014, 09:53:50 pm
Yeah,.....a girlfriend or fishing.......tough choice (sometimes)

....In the long run, fishing is much cheaper.  Now, the grief part can be more complex....
There's plenty of fish in the sea...

c-townfan

Went to plum bayou around England today. Fished bout 4 hours and got skunked. Can't believe it. Tried everything. Jigs, minnows, brush in the middle of the lake, brush around the bank, all different depths and got nothing. Anyone got tips for over there?

DeltaBoy

Quote from: c-townfan on March 30, 2014, 10:24:05 pm
Went to plum bayou around England today. Fished bout 4 hours and got skunked. Can't believe it. Tried everything. Jigs, minnows, brush in the middle of the lake, brush around the bank, all different depths and got nothing. Anyone got tips for over there?

Get a depth finder.

jdelo77

Heading to Millwood Thursday for a long weekend

philobeddoe

Bodcau ain't bad right now. I know that is southwest Arkansas, but that is one place it's happening RIGHT NOW

philobeddoe

I used to love to put my waders on and slip through the backwaters of Chicot. Don't know if it still works, but it sure used to.

c-townfan

JaketheSnake

Lake Eucha near Jay OK is doing pretty well.

jdelo77

Quote from: JaketheSnake on April 02, 2014, 02:48:51 pm
Lake Eucha near Jay OK is doing pretty well.

A guy I work with fishes there , he been pulling limits every day ...

JaketheSnake

Yep... Limit is 37 too

jdelo77

Well guys it was a tough weekend , technical difficulties Friday cause us to to only get an hour of fishing in , and we only caught two ! Friday it was cloudy and windy , we only got five ! Our worst trip In a while ! Good news is we are heading back Friday for more action, should be a lot better next weekend with the 70+ temps

howie76

Quote from: c-townfan on March 30, 2014, 10:24:05 pm
I'm no expert at all. But I've been going to plum bayou the last 3 year's and love it. It's actually the only place I've been and not ever get skunked! Not always a great day but never skunked. I've never ever done any good with shiners. I always use a blu and white, or chartreuse and pink hair jig that my dad makes stay close to the trees I mean bounce it off em and just let it sink, work all the way around every tree you go by. That's what I do anyways, hope it helps some.

root_hawg

We have been limiting out on Plum.  Been fishing minnows around the trees above the bridge

jdelo77

Got back from Millwood yesterday afternoon , we had over 100 between seven of us on Friday and 52 between five of us on Saturday , we only fished for five hours on Saturday due to the wind ! It was a good trip and my allergies are paying for it ( pollen )

DeltaBoy

Dad been 3 times since I last posted and he caught 18-30 on all three trips to East Lake.   With just him and momma that is plenty for them to eat.