Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tuesday bits

Started by The Recruiting Guy, February 25, 2014, 10:56:07 am

Previous topic - Next topic

muddhogger

What do you think our chances are with Elliot? I know he is high on Arkabsas but Will it be tough to get him away from all the Texas schools? He would be a really big get for us if we can land him.

Huckleberry Pig

huge weekend for visitors, hope the weather is nice

thanks RD! +1

Huds_HawgTide

He said we are his dream school
"you can get a good look at a t-bone by sticking your head up a bulls ass, but id rather just take the butchers word for it" tom callahan
tommy boy

"Don't leave and be FROM Arkansas, stay and BE Arkansas" --coach jimmy dykes

"Going to mcd's for a salad is like going to a brothel for a hug"

ifghog

Wow! Great group of young men. We have many needs coming in this weekend. Hopefully we capitalize. Need a big time safety and running back in this class for sure.

onebadrubi

Quote from: muddhogger on February 25, 2014, 11:07:18 am
What do you think our chances are with Elliot? I know he is high on Arkabsas but Will it be tough to get him away from all the Texas schools? He would be a really big get for us if we can land him.

Our recent Texas hire has to only help as well!!

Tim Harris

He tweeted this yesterday.

The Kraken. ‏@DeShonElliott_4  16h
My commitment coming soon

He just went to Texas last weekend so you would have to assume it is either them or based off his visit here.  247 did say Texas was his "leader" yesterday.

Scott7703

Quote from: Tim Harris on February 25, 2014, 01:20:12 pm

He just went to Texas last weekend so you would have to assume it is either them or based off his visit here.  247 did say Texas was his "leader" yesterday.

This doesn't sound good with his visit and also the fact they are making Texas the leader on 24/7.

Maybe we can get him here this weekend and help outselves.

The Hogfather

Oh no.  Sounds like UT.  Really wish we could get this kid.

The Recruiting Guy

Someone close to him believes A&M is the team to beat.

muddhogger

Yeah I saw his tweet yesterday. Hope he is blown away on the hill this weekend!  He's only a 3 star on rivals but I believe by the time it's all done he will be a 4 star. Would be a big get either way.

ricepig

Quote from: Richard Davenport on February 25, 2014, 01:48:47 pm

Your first article on him sure painted a different picture, I thought he was a commit waiting on an offer. Hope we slow down the other teams, or blow him away and get his commitment.

BigSexyHog

Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

The Recruiting Guy

Quote from: ricepig on February 25, 2014, 01:54:08 pm
Your first article on him sure painted a different picture, I thought he was a commit waiting on an offer. Hope we slow down the other teams, or blow him away and get his commitment.

You report what a kid tells you. To say he's going to any school right now is pure speculation. A school can read a kid wrong and tell people they feel good about their chances.

A kid may lean towards one school one day and then another the next day.

The Recruiting Guy

I don't expect him to make a decision in the next week or so. Him saying a commitment is coming soon could be days, weeks or a couple of months. I'm leaning towards in a couple of months.

ricepig

Quote from: Richard Davenport on February 25, 2014, 01:59:24 pm
You report what a kid tells you. To say he's going to any school right now is pure speculation. A school can read a kid wrong and tell people they feel good about their chances.

A kid may lean towards one school one day and then another the next day.

Oh, I'm not criticizing the article, or what he told you, just isn't going as I thought, haha. I agree on these kids, lots of people in their ears, new ones every day.

Huckleberry Pig

Quote from: Richard Davenport on February 25, 2014, 01:48:47 pm

i knew they'd be a pain in the arse when they joined the SEC.  Their miracle run with golden boy didn't help. 

Irritating to say the least.  Esp living in Dallas.   :puke:

The Recruiting Guy

Quote from: Huckleberry Pig on February 25, 2014, 03:56:01 pm
i knew they'd be a pain in the arse when they joined the SEC.  Their miracle run with golden boy didn't help. 

Irritating to say the least.  Esp living in Dallas.   :puke:

A&M has always recruited well but never have played at the level you would expect. They had a once in a lifetime QB and they go 8-4 in the reg season. Can Sumlin get to the elite level? Don't know. Will be interesting to see.

redeye

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but my understanding is that he's spent a lot of time visiting family in Rogers and has maybe even lived there at some point?  Have also heard that he grew up an Arkansas fan?  I know some of this was in Richard's story in the paper, but I haven't seen it.

Also, there was a comment elsewhere about his HS head coach, who's allegedly from Arkansas.  Anyone know about him?