Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

kid we offered signing day

Started by GaryHog, February 23, 2014, 09:41:20 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

GaryHog

Make America Great Again!!!!!!!

Attila the Hog

Not sure who you mean, but if you are referring to the kid out of Louisiana, I am pretty sure he changed is mind about three days later and signed with Louisville.

TexasRazorback

Pretty sure he signed with Louisville after his visit there

GaryHog

Make America Great Again!!!!!!!

Hogeration

And for some reason we backed off on him too after jumping in quick.  It's not grades bc the kid posted his report card or transcript with grades on twitter.  Will be anxious to see if he ends up in the headlines in the long run too.  Something had to be there for a kid that talented with good size not having any big time offers until after signing day.

CDBHawg

Quote from: Hogeration on February 25, 2014, 08:54:35 pm
And for some reason we backed off on him too after jumping in quick.  It's not grades bc the kid posted his report card or transcript with grades on twitter.  Will be anxious to see if he ends up in the headlines in the long run too.  Something had to be there for a kid that talented with good size not having any big time offers until after signing day.

Where did you see/hear that we backed off?

BoynamedWooPigSooie

I'm glad we didn't take him.  He was undersized and fat/soft.  This opens up another spot that we can bring in an EE in the next class which we're killing it in so far.  If it means we can take a flyer on Lars to get his brother in as a EE and Lars can chill for a semester and not go to Juco so they can come in together in the same class.

I'm all for having an extra spot for next years class.
Hogville's resident uniform designer.

harrisburghog

Backed off this kid,where did this come from? He was scheduled to visit the weekend after the Louisville visit

razorbackfaninar

Quote from: harrisburghog on February 28, 2014, 07:31:19 am
Backed off this kid,where did this come from? He was scheduled to visit the weekend after the Louisville visit

It was reported in a couple of different places that we were reevaluating  just after signing day, but may still have an interest. In one interview the kid gave he said that we were "looking at him real hard" and that he had scheduled a visit for the 21st of Feb. then he visited Louisville and committed. It's my assumption that something caused us to hold up and he got the hard sell from Louisville and committed. You'll have to take my word for it though cause i can't remember exactly where i read those articles, it's been a while since i read them.

SquidBilly

I think this was a case of a kid who had no good offers, all of the sudden getting attention and setting up a few visits in the excitement.  Then he gets to Louisville for his first visit, gets the hard sell put on him, and realizes the truth of the matter is that he was a plan C recruit for all of these schools and smartly takes the bird in the hand rather than dragging it out and losing out again.

Hawg_Thai'd

Quote from: ATLpiggie on March 02, 2014, 06:12:50 am
I think this was a case of a kid who had no good offers, all of the sudden getting attention and setting up a few visits in the excitement.  Then he gets to Louisville for his first visit, gets the hard sell put on him, and realizes the truth of the matter is that he was a plan C recruit for all of these schools and smartly takes the bird in the hand rather than dragging it out and losing out again.

You're probably right. Whatever the case may be, I hope that he uses that scholarship to make a better life for himself. Can't beat a free education.
I'm a helluva guy. One of the best, in fact.

SquidBilly

Quote from: Hawg_Thaid on March 02, 2014, 07:04:41 am
You're probably right. Whatever the case may be, I hope that he uses that scholarship to make a better life for himself. Can't beat a free education.

No doubt and I honestly hope he has a good FB career.