Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Darveon Brown: Next Jarius Wright?

Started by The_Iceman, February 22, 2014, 06:00:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

redeye

I'm sure the positioning on that list will change some, but it's amazing that the 10th best player has offers from Alabama, Nebraska and Ole Miss.

trphog

Yeah. I think that list has already changed. Probably just not updated by 247 yet. They just released their new top 247 players list and KJ Hill made a big, big jump. He is just outside the top 100 now.

Choctaw Hog

Quote from: redeye on February 22, 2014, 06:32:48 pm
I'm sure the positioning on that list will change some, but it's amazing that the 10th best player has offers from Alabama, Nebraska and Ole Miss.

What's amazing about it? 

online-with-swine

We all see his moves after he catches the ball.  But, how well does he catch it?  Having ability to take it to the house does no good if you can't catch it to begin with.  So tell me, how are his hands?

The real Hogules

Quote from: Choctaw Hog on February 23, 2014, 09:42:25 am
What's amazing about it?

Oh IDK, maybe that there's "usually" not 10 players in the entire state that are even offered D-1 scholarships and this year the 10th best is offered not only a D-1 scholly, but a scholly from arguably the best program in all of college football.

I consider that quite amazing, or unusual if you'd prefer that term.
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

Hawg_Thai'd

Quote from: The real Hogules on February 23, 2014, 12:41:26 pm
Oh IDK, maybe that there's "usually" not 10 players in the entire state that are even offered D-1 scholarships and this year the 10th best is offered not only a D-1 scholly, but a scholly from arguably the best program in all of college football.

I agee. I was looking at the list of Ark. athletes and our chances of landing them. There are some dang good players for this '15 class and I think there are going to be some that we don't know about yet that will soon appear on the radar once the season starts this fall. I'm feelin' good about the local talent this year.
I'm a helluva guy. One of the best, in fact.

bennyl08

43" vertical would be best at the combine this year. Those numbers may be a bit off, but he is a playmaker for sure.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

nwahogfan1

When ever Arkansas HS get to the days of turning our at least 15 SEC quality players inside our state then our program will be back to top 25 regularly.

ifghog

Quote from: nwahogfan1 on February 23, 2014, 09:36:43 pm
When ever Arkansas HS get to the days of turning our at least 15 SEC quality players inside our state then our program will be back to top 25 regularly.
I agree with you sir but...not sure when that will happen. 2015 is an exceptional year for Arkansas.

Peter Porker

Quote from: The real Hogules on February 23, 2014, 12:41:26 pm

Every year we have more than 10 D--1 football signees.

Where do people get we only have a few D-1 signees?
Quote from: Peter Porker on January 08, 2014, 04:03:21 pm
Notice he says your boy instead of "our coach". Very telling.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

Tim Harris

Quote from: XxALLEYxX on February 24, 2014, 09:25:12 am
Every year we have more than 10 D--1 football signees.

Where do people get we only have a few D-1 signees?

I'm guessing they mean signing with a team in one of the BCS conferences.

Tim Harris

The main concern I have heard with Brown all along is his size.  We all know measurables are usually wrong so if he is listed at 5'10 175 how big is he really going to be?

IBleedRazorbackRed

Quote from: bennyl08 on February 23, 2014, 09:14:09 pm
43" vertical would be best at the combine this year. Those numbers may be a bit off, but he is a playmaker for sure.

When I was in high school, the coaches let us take one step before jumping for our vertical. Combine is done without any steps. Could be a reason for the high number.