Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Helping Texas recruiting

Started by HogsOfAnarchy, February 20, 2014, 04:11:58 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HawgFan70

Quote from: ARtillahog on February 22, 2014, 07:08:16 am
You still never said where you saw Jennings' recruiting results.  That's the spin you should be trying to disprove.  TCU fans are upset that he left, yet you think he's not worthy of some of the elation show on HV.

His Rivals profile
being smited is a sign of having a backbone and not joining in with lil smiter gangs, fire away kids

HawgFan70

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on February 22, 2014, 11:11:53 am
One thing I've noticed is you're so often very ready and able to criticize almost every decision and move CBB makes. In this case I'd like to hear YOUR thoughts on exactly who he should have hired for this particular position.... with your vast and deep expertise and all..........

It seems that if you're so adept at seeing the negatives in a situation you should also be able to offer up the perfect POSITIVE solution. Please old sage share your wisdom with the ignorant masses. BTW I'm sure those ignorant yokels on the Hill are definitely interested and waiting with bated breath to hear as well.

What your missing here is I was replying to a poster who said now we can open the Texas recruiting pipeline wide open. I have never said this guy is not a good coach not once. I did look at his recruiting profile on Rivals and it does not speak recruiting pipeline.
being smited is a sign of having a backbone and not joining in with lil smiter gangs, fire away kids

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: HawgFan70 on February 22, 2014, 01:05:26 pm
What your missing here is I was replying to a poster who said now we can open the Texas recruiting pipeline wide open. I have never said this guy is not a good coach not once. I did look at his recruiting profile on Rivals and it does not speak recruiting pipeline.
Well I'm just guessing here but there are several things that make me think you might be missing the target here. First of all, apparently, at least according to a number of comments on here, more than a few TCU fans have indicated they're not exactly excited about losing him. I do know that in reviewing their defensive secondary over the past few seasons the results have been consistently very acceptable. Secondly, he certainly should have the contacts in the DFW, east Texas, and even further south that we've been lacking for quite some time. Between his recruiting while at Baylor and then with TCU I've reached the conclusion he's certainly honed his skills down there. IMHO that's one thing-the EXISTING and ESTABLISHED contacts and relationships with Texas HS coaches and their players-that the Hogs have definitely lacked in the past. This definitely gives us an open door through which we can step. If we can hone our presence in the Lone Star State along with continuing to penetrate Florida, Louisiana, Ga., etc. along with our instate kids I believe we can see major recruiting strides being made all around. Let's at least give the staff a chance to see what they can do with the new addition before rendering a judgement.

redeye

Quote from: Chris McWilliams on February 22, 2014, 09:03:36 am
Guess which SEC coach was 9-12 versus ranked teams for a .428 winning percentage?

Petrino?

Quote from: HawgFan70 on February 22, 2014, 01:00:24 pm
His Rivals profile

In case you missed it earlier, TCU doesn't assign coaches to recruits, which is why they don't show up on rivals.

Hogwildtwo

I think this is a solid hire. But like many I'm still concerned about CBB's ability to get it done here. His style is wrong for Arkansas. We've had enough of Hatfield/Nutt type offenses. Enough !!!! Why in the world Long chose to bring that back over a genius like Gus is beyond me. I really want CBB to do well here. But if he doesn't I sure hope Long goes out the door with him. I don't want Jeff hiring our next fb coach !!!!!! The man's an absolute idiot.  :razorback:

bobcat ball

Quote from: Hogwildtwo on February 22, 2014, 02:18:26 pm
Why in the world Long chose to bring that back over a genius like Gus is beyond me.

Is this for real? Genius? LOL

Having the players already in place to run your system would make anyone look like a "genius".

Let's see him sustain it as a HC in the SEC before we call him that.
WOO PIG

Chief Mac

February 22, 2014, 02:50:48 pm #56 Last Edit: February 22, 2014, 03:05:45 pm by Chris McWilliams
Quote from: redeye on February 22, 2014, 01:56:11 pm
Petrino?

Winner! Winner! Chicken dinner!

So, according to HawgBall70's measuring stick....Petrino was not a good coach because, just as Bielema, he only won 42% of his games against ranked teams
"We spend two hundred and fifty billion dollars a year on defense and here we are....the fate of the planet in the hands of a bunch of retards I wouldn't trust with a potato gun!

bobcat ball

Quote from: Chris McWilliams on February 22, 2014, 02:50:48 pm
Winner! Winner! Chicken dinner!

So, according to HawgBall70's measuring stick....Petrino was not a good coach because, just as Bielema he only won 42% of his games against ranked teams

The very things he dislikes about BB were the very things BP did here.
WOO PIG

HawgFan70

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on February 22, 2014, 01:29:00 pm
Well I'm just guessing here but there are several things that make me think you might be missing the target here. First of all, apparently, at least according to a number of comments on here, more than a few TCU fans have indicated they're not exactly excited about losing him. I do know that in reviewing their defensive secondary over the past few seasons the results have been consistently very acceptable. Secondly, he certainly should have the contacts in the DFW, east Texas, and even further south that we've been lacking for quite some time. Between his recruiting while at Baylor and then with TCU I've reached the conclusion he's certainly honed his skills down there. IMHO that's one thing-the EXISTING and ESTABLISHED contacts and relationships with Texas HS coaches and their players-that the Hogs have definitely lacked in the past. This definitely gives us an open door through which we can step. If we can hone our presence in the Lone Star State along with continuing to penetrate Florida, Louisiana, Ga., etc. along with our instate kids I believe we can see major recruiting strides being made all around. Let's at least give the staff a chance to see what they can do with the new addition before rendering a judgement.

I believe you make some very valid points. I still say hiring this guy is a long way from opening a recruiting pipeline in Texas thats my opinion

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: Hogwildtwo on February 22, 2014, 02:18:26 pm
I think this is a solid hire. But like many I'm still concerned about CBB's ability to get it done here. His style is wrong for Arkansas. We've had enough of Hatfield/Nutt type offenses. Enough !!!! Why in the world Long chose to bring that back over a genius like Gus is beyond me. I really want CBB to do well here. But if he doesn't I sure hope Long goes out the door with him. I don't want Jeff hiring our next fb coach !!!!!! The man's an absolute idiot.  :razorback:
His style is wrong for Arkansas? And what old wise one is the correct "style" for the Hogs? Here's my answer: Whatever the heck helps us win as many games as possible! If that's HUNH, the spread, "smash mouth" or whatever I could care not one whit. In other words, over all these years I've never realized that there's a particular foolproof method of winning on the Hill. Take that back: just always score more point than your opponent. To use an often (and overused at times) saying: "Just win baby".

Break & Run

Quote from: Chris McWilliams on February 22, 2014, 10:01:37 am
nope...this was an SEC coach's record while coaching in the SEC.  Since a 42% winning percentage against ranked teams is the measuring stick for failure, I did some number crunching.

To some, he is one of the best coaches in the business

Hm.... Petrino... ?
Quote from: Michael BernalWhat's your favorite Arkansas tradition?
"I can't be cliché and say 'Call the Hogs,' but I think I have to.  That's just something that sets our university apart.  When you're out on the field and everyone in the stadium stands up, it's amazing.  Even when we're at a football or basketball game, just to see that many people around you doing the same thing for you when you're on the field or for the other guys who are playing, it's pretty awesome."