Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Helping Texas recruiting

Started by HogsOfAnarchy, February 20, 2014, 04:11:58 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HogsOfAnarchy

Per Otis arkansas hired TCU cornerbacks coach which is said to be an outstanding recruiter. Sounds good to me and for all people that agree recruiting Texas is a must for arkansas

MP24

January 01, 2019, 08:53:32 am »
I love me some Chelsea Dungee.

thefisher

All in all I think this was a really good hire for the Hogs.  Lot's of reasons to be pleased with the new addition to the staff.
I miss the smell of the mud, grass, and sweat of the practice field. I miss blood oozing down your arm from the rip in your skin that was slashed on a guys helmet as you punked him at the line of scrimmage and put his dobber in the dirt.

RxRazorback

W88 Pig S88ie!

Huckleberry Pig

Great hire and agree with ya Rx, would like to see if he takes any recruits with him.

Great Coach, great recruiter, texas ties.  CBB did great here

PorkRinds

Quote from: RxRazorback on February 20, 2014, 04:49:56 pm
Wouldn't mind snagging PJ Mbanasor from TCU's class.

http://247sports.com/Player/PJ-Mbanasor-38844

I love that both his name and his home town have a silent letter in therm.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: mbcarnett on February 20, 2014, 04:11:58 pm
Per Otis arkansas hired TCU cornerbacks coach which is said to be an outstanding recruiter. Sounds good to me and for all people that agree recruiting Texas is a must for arkansas
Well there's definitely a Texas connection that so many have been looking for. Looks and sounds like a very good hire.

Hawgzinbowlz

Open the valves, on that Texas Pipeline, all the way boys.

" GO HOGS "

jackflash

tbhogfan

I am not sure we could have made a better hire from a recruiting standpoint.   He's been recruiting the Metroplex and Houston areas for many years and has long-standing relationships with the HS coaches there.  We're playing several games in Texas over the next few years (aTm, TT, UT, TCU) and are easy driving distance from the Metroplex.

Go Hogs!

HawgFan70

Quote from: MorrellHog on February 20, 2014, 06:29:15 pm
Open the valves, on that Texas Pipeline, all the way boys.

" GO HOGS "

Have you looked at his recruiting results? Maybe could use 1/2 inch pvc for that pipeline
being smited is a sign of having a backbone and not joining in with lil smiter gangs, fire away kids

TexasRazorback

I live in fort worth and have caught many TCU football games growing up and recently since i moved back from Fayetteville. TCU every year has one of the best secondaries in the nation thanks to Clay hes a great coach. not sure if hes a great recruiter but a great developer. Im excited about this hire

HogFanatic

Quote from: HawgFan70 on February 21, 2014, 10:33:19 am
Have you looked at his recruiting results? Maybe could use 1/2 inch pvc for that pipeline

There's always at least one.
Smh

HawgFan70

Quote from: HogFanatic on February 21, 2014, 10:50:04 am
There's always at least one.
Smh

Funny when a realist drops in and you have no reply isn't it
being smited is a sign of having a backbone and not joining in with lil smiter gangs, fire away kids

Scott7703

Quote from: HawgFan70 on February 21, 2014, 11:18:29 am

You aren't a realist. You piss and moan about everything CBB does. It's one thing to question things occasionally but not everything that happens.

This is a great hire. This man has proven he can coach/develop players and has ties to Texas which is a major plus also. Some of the Hogville know it alls say he can't recruit but most people think he is a top recruiter. Again great hire by CBB

HawgFan70

Quote from: Scott7703 on February 21, 2014, 11:22:50 am
You aren't a realist. You piss and moan about everything CBB does. It's one thing to question things occasionally but not everything that happens.

This is a great hire. This man has proven he can coach/develop players and has ties to Texas which is a major plus also. Some of the Hogville know it alls say he can't recruit but most people think he is a top recruiter. Again great hire by CBB

I ask you again have you checked his recruiting results? I did and what I see was far from pipeline material the OP was talking about. Your comment about how I feel about CBB is very true, I haven't seen a single thing that leads me to believe he will win here. I hear his mouth run a lot but never see any results,

OTTER

Now that, my friends, is an asinine post.
BE AFRAID!!  Be very, very afraid!  The Hogs are hungry and you look a lot like lunch!

OTTER

Quote from: HawgFan70 on February 21, 2014, 11:31:34 am
I ask you again have you checked his recruiting results? I did and what I see was far from pipeline material the OP was talking about. Your comment about how I feel about CBB is very true, I haven't seen a single thing that leads me to believe he will win here. I hear his mouth run a lot but never see any results,
Nothing like beeing 100% agenda driven.
BE AFRAID!!  Be very, very afraid!  The Hogs are hungry and you look a lot like lunch!

TechHog

Jennings made a Mulerider an NFL corner.  Instant upgrade in both coaching and recruiting over Taver. 

VT HOG

This is a great hire. One of the best Bert has made since being hired. Send Jennings to Texas, Shannon to South Florida, and Pittman anywhere there's a great lineman we want and bring back a great class.

hog_fan

247 and rivals don't post the recruiter so guys they recruit no recruiter is listed.

PeabodyHawg

Other than your desire to see CBB fail on what are you basing your opinion?

If it's TCU's recruiting page then you need to understand that TCU does not correlate recruits to a certain recruiter.

Please regale us with your obvious wealth of knowledge concerning Coach Jennings recruiting ability. ::)

mhuff

Quote from: thefisher on February 20, 2014, 04:38:37 pm
All in all I think this was a really good hire for the Hogs.  Lot's of reasons to be pleased with the new addition to the staff.

HogFanatic

The man comes highly regarded as a recruiter.
Thing is that TCU doesn't attach a coach's name to a recruit on their website. But the guy has landed four 4*s in the last four seasons at TCU.

Everyone seems to think he is a damn good recruiter except for one hogville agenda driven blowhard.

Best not even speak to the angry trolls.

hog_fan

Quote from: HogFanatic on February 21, 2014, 12:57:53 pm
The man comes highly regarded as a recruiter.
Thing is that TCU doesn't attach a coach's name to a recruit on their website. But the guy has landed four 4*s in the last four seasons at TCU.

Everyone seems to think he is a damn good recruiter except for one hogville agenda driven blowhard.

Best not even speak to the angry trolls.

If he would give up his agenda, he would have seen none of the TCU coaches had recruits attached to their name.

Scott7703

I've not seen direct results but I've read, heard and seen mutiple recruiting guys say he was the best recruiter on the tcu staff and that he was regarded as one of the better recruiters in the big 12.

He has also proven to be an outstanding coach. What more do you want? I guess I just have trouble understanding what some people are expecting. We just hired a proven coach/recruiter with ties to one of the biggest recruiting hot beds in our region. I personally don't see how we could have done much better.

hawgsmellgud

I will never understand why people like you, who obviously do not like the hogs, spend so much time on a message board specifically for the hogs. You spend all of your time on something you hate. Your life must be pathetic. Do us all a favor and just go away.
"I've never been a numbers guy," Mallett said. "If you play the game for yourself, don't play. I don't want you on the team. There's one goal we've got here. If you're not trying to reach that goal, don't come to Arkansas."

redeye

February 21, 2014, 02:48:39 pm #27 Last Edit: February 21, 2014, 05:08:43 pm by redeye
Quote from: TexasRazorback on February 21, 2014, 10:41:24 am
I live in fort worth and have caught many TCU football games growing up and recently since i moved back from Fayetteville. TCU every year has one of the best secondaries in the nation thanks to Clay hes a great coach. not sure if hes a great recruiter but a great developer. Im excited about this hire

Thanks for sharing that!  +1

From the NCAA website, here's where TCU ranked in passing defense while he was there.

2008 - 11
2009 - 6
2010 - 1
2011 - 60
2012 - 42

They changed the website after the 2012 season and so I couldn't find a pass defense ranking for 2013, but TCU ranked 11th nationally in pass defense efficiency for 2013.  The only SEC team that ranked higher is Florida at 8th and we know Florida had a great pass defense last year.

Needless to say, I'm very excited about the hire.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: VT HOG on February 21, 2014, 11:50:36 am
This is a great hire. One of the best Bert has made since being hired. Send Jennings to Texas, Shannon to South Florida, and Pittman anywhere there's a great lineman we want and bring back a great class.
For the 100,000th time it's BRET, not Bert!!!!! Thank you.

Vantage 8 dude

"Much like beauty reality is in the eye of the beholder".

AF74Razorback

It is like to be successful you have to have coaches in places like Texas,  Florida and Louisiana.
Love the Razorbacks and disdain fair weather fans.

HawgFan70

Quote from: hawgsmellgud on February 21, 2014, 01:31:27 pm
I will never understand why people like you, who obviously do not like the hogs, spend so much time on a message board specifically for the hogs. You spend all of your time on something you hate. Your life must be pathetic. Do us all a favor and just go away.

So predictable, I have been a Hog fan all my life. Everybody is not a sunshine pumper, or spin things that are total BS

bobcat ball

Quote from: HawgFan70 on February 21, 2014, 08:47:17 pm
So predictable, I have been a Hog fan all my life. Everybody is not a sunshine pumper, or spin things that are total BS

Supporting your team and it's coach even in the bad years isn't a "sunshine pumper" it's called being a fan.

WOO PIG

HawgFan70

Quote from: bobcat ball on February 21, 2014, 08:50:28 pm
Supporting your team and it's coach even in the bad years isn't a "sunshine pumper" it's called being a fan.

Its not about supporting during "bad years" trust me I have supported thru plenty of bad years. The fact is I thought Bielema was a bad hire when he was hired I don't agree with it, Im not going to try to convince myself otherwise. When you get on here its BS spin aftger BS spin, I voice my opinion as I will continue to do.

ChicoHog

Quote from: HawgFan70 on February 21, 2014, 09:16:15 pm
Its not about supporting during "bad years" trust me I have supported thru plenty of bad years. The fact is I thought Bielema was a bad hire when he was hired I don't agree with it, Im not going to try to convince myself otherwise. When you get on here its BS spin aftger BS spin, I voice my opinion as I will continue to do.
Regardless whether or not you think it's a bad hire you have to give a HC time, minimum 3 years IMO, to see some results.  I am not an Anderson fan and thought that was a bad hire but he deserves a chance to succeed like any other coach.  If we don't make the tournament this year or next year then I think I am right and it was a bad hire but it's still too soon to tell on him and way too soon to tell on Beilema. 

bobcat ball

So anyone who supports the coach and program is using BS spin. But, those who bash at every turn are being realistic and telling facts?

The truth is it wouldn't matter what he did or said you haters would find something else to bitch and cry about and that's your right.

I on the other hand and anyone who is realistic would like to give the guy at least a few years to see if he can fix the dumpster fire he inherited before I cast him off as a lost cause.

The man is a proven winner and hopefully he can do it at Arkansas.

WOO PIG

redeye

I think you're narcissistic.

Disagreeing with the hire doesn't mean you have to convince yourself otherwise, but it doesn't mean you have to become an enemy, either.  There will always be people who don't agree with any hire, but only the imbeciles expect that they should.

HawgFan70

Quote from: bobcat ball on February 21, 2014, 10:17:45 pm
So anyone who supports the coach and program is using BS spin. But, those who bash at every turn are being realistic and telling facts?

The truth is it wouldn't matter what he did or said you haters would find something else to bitch and cry about and that's your right.

I on the other hand and anyone who is realistic would like to give the guy at least a few years to see if he can fix the dumpster fire he inherited before I cast him off as a lost cause.

The man is a proven winner and hopefully he can do it at Arkansas.

He took over a good program at Wiscy a winning program and the BIG melted down around them. He won there yes he did but he did not beat the good teams there, 42% against ranked teams. He feasted on the weak. I didn't say every supporter was BS but when I hear all the stories how CBB made Russell Wilson, or our Florida recruiting pipeline and on and on. That is BS spin

HawgFan70

Quote from: ChicoHog on February 21, 2014, 09:25:58 pm
Regardless whether or not you think it's a bad hire you have to give a HC time, minimum 3 years IMO, to see some results.  I am not an Anderson fan and thought that was a bad hire but he deserves a chance to succeed like any other coach.  If we don't make the tournament this year or next year then I think I am right and it was a bad hire but it's still too soon to tell on him and way too soon to tell on Beilema.

Where we differ I think Anderson will get it done here, he is making progress, the SEC is a 2-3 team league so winning won't be that hard. I don;t think Bielema will ever win here. He couldn't beat the good teams in the BIG a conference that is custom made for his style of coaching. The SEC is a monster conference and will take a outside the box coach to win when you historically recruit in the lower third

HawgFan70

Quote from: redeye on February 22, 2014, 12:05:46 am
I think you're narcissistic.

Disagreeing with the hire doesn't mean you have to convince yourself otherwise, but it doesn't mean you have to become an enemy, either.  There will always be people who don't agree with any hire, but only the imbeciles expect that they should.

Im an enemy of spin and BS thats what Im a enemy of

Prosciutto

February 22, 2014, 05:27:21 am #40 Last Edit: February 22, 2014, 07:09:04 am by Prosciutto
Quote from: HawgFan70 on February 22, 2014, 12:18:53 am

nm

ARtillahog

You still never said where you saw Jennings' recruiting results.  That's the spin you should be trying to disprove.  TCU fans are upset that he left, yet you think he's not worthy of some of the elation show on HV.

Tony Sloprano

Quote from: mbcarnett on February 20, 2014, 04:11:58 pm
This is a darn good hire. His contacts are in DFW which is EXACTLY where we need to concentrate our Texas efforts. Can't think of who would be a better hire than this.

Home run.

Chief Mac

Quote from: HawgFan70 on February 22, 2014, 12:11:29 am
He took over a good program at Wiscy a winning program and the BIG melted down around them. He won there yes he did but he did not beat the good teams there, 42% against ranked teams. He feasted on the weak. I didn't say every supporter was BS but when I hear all the stories how CBB made Russell Wilson, or our Florida recruiting pipeline and on and on. That is BS spin

Guess which SEC coach was 9-12 versus ranked teams for a .428 winning percentage?
"We spend two hundred and fifty billion dollars a year on defense and here we are....the fate of the planet in the hands of a bunch of retards I wouldn't trust with a potato gun!

Birminghog

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on February 21, 2014, 03:03:26 pm
For the 100,000th time it's BRET, not Bert!!!!! Thank you.

Weren't Bret & Bart cousins?

Scott7703

Quote from: Chris McWilliams on February 22, 2014, 09:03:36 am
Guess which SEC coach was 9-12 versus ranked teams for a .428 winning percentage?

You can't be talking about saban can you. I mean there is no way he could be successful in the sec when he didn't dominate the big 10.

Chief Mac

Quote from: Scott7703 on February 22, 2014, 09:57:39 am
You can't be talking about saban can you. I mean there is no way he could be successful in the sec when he didn't dominate the big 10.

nope...this was an SEC coach's record while coaching in the SEC.  Since a 42% winning percentage against ranked teams is the measuring stick for failure, I did some number crunching.

To some, he is one of the best coaches in the business
"We spend two hundred and fifty billion dollars a year on defense and here we are....the fate of the planet in the hands of a bunch of retards I wouldn't trust with a potato gun!

OTTER

So it appears you are an enemy of yourself!  All you do is spin BS. 

Vantage 8 dude

One thing I've noticed is you're so often very ready and able to criticize almost every decision and move CBB makes. In this case I'd like to hear YOUR thoughts on exactly who he should have hired for this particular position.... with your vast and deep expertise and all..........

It seems that if you're so adept at seeing the negatives in a situation you should also be able to offer up the perfect POSITIVE solution. Please old sage share your wisdom with the ignorant masses. BTW I'm sure those ignorant yokels on the Hill are definitely interested and waiting with bated breath to hear as well.

bobcat ball

Unless it's in a negative way!!!

WOO PIG