Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I look for this guy to play

Started by The Recruiting Guy, February 19, 2014, 03:53:19 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The Recruiting Guy

sickboy

Got to love a kid with that kind of head on his shoulders. Sounds like he's got the work ethic and team mentality part too. Hope he does big things for himself and the El Hogos.

ifghog

I love the walk-on program we have started. Could reap major rewards in the not so far future!

FBREW000

Nice... Great work RD, and the walk on program is much better than I have seen in the past!

flagstaffhog

Quote from: ifghog on February 19, 2014, 04:10:29 pm
I love the walk-on program we have started. Could reap major rewards in the not so far future!

Walk-ons always seem to play with a nasty chip on their shoulder when they get on the field. I agree, a strong walk-on program will greatly benefit us in the future.

Go HOGS Go!
Go HOGS Go!

immahog

No lions No tigers No bears.....ImmaHog

pfrg999

Gotta Love a 6'4 320 5.0 in the 40 WALK ON!!! ... Smart and driven! ...
Musician, Audio Engineer, Entertainment <br />Writer and Hardcore Razorback watching Hog Fan!!!

HOGINTENNESSEE

CBB has had a couple of Walk ons make it to the NFL. I hope he does the same here.

Razorbackmedic

I will call it a future Burlsworth award finalist.

Hogfan46

Seems like a great kid.  I liked his comment about being a good teammate and helping other guys get better. I'm pulling for him.

tophawg19

at that size and speed he might get a look at DT . especially if he has good footwork
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

HogWildBison2011

Quote from: tophawg19 on February 19, 2014, 09:21:52 pm
at that size and speed he might get a look at DT . especially if he has good footwork
To some he is a SEC ready LB...  ;) I really like this guys measurables & attitude tho. Give him a RS year & he will be a mauler.

Arthur pigby sellers.

Quote from: HogWildBison2011 on February 19, 2014, 09:49:07 pm
To some he is a SEC ready LB...  ;) I really like this guys measurables & attitude tho. Give him a RS year & he will be a mauler.
Beat me to it.  If he could drop 80 lbs and get his 40 down to 4.3, he could be the next Bill Bratsky at middle LB.

NLRHog92

Quote from: Arthur pigby sellers. on February 19, 2014, 10:26:23 pm
Beat me to it.  If he could drop 80 lbs and get his 40 down to 4.3, he could be the next Bill Bratsky at middle LB.

[attachment deleted by admin]

whosiskid

I was really surprised he didn't get more offersl
"It's no trick to make a lot of money...if all you want...is to make a lot of money." - Bernstein, in Citizen Kane

"What if you were given the task of entertaining yourself all day but were finished by noon?" - Kierkegaard

"The disposition to admire, and almost to worship, the rich and the powerful, and to despise, or, at least, to neglect, persons of poor and mean condition [is] the great and most universal cause of the corruption of our moral sentiments." - Adam Smith

"That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves." - Kim Stanley Robinson

trashcan maN

Electrical Engineering! That's my cup of tea..Like this kid alot.

SemperFi

Could he be the next Brandon Burlsworth? Just love a kid with that type of mentality. Hopefully, he'll earn a scholarship and eventually a starting spot on the OL.
Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem. - Ronald Reagan

pillowhog

He either has huge shoulder pads or a really small head

moses_007

Mike Anderson could use him too.

He averages about 15 points and 9 rebounds a game in basketball.

nwahogfan1

I bet with his grades, maybe ACT scores plus other things he can qualify for he can walk on  for practically zero costs to him until he is ready to play and then he can go on full football scholarship.

I know kids want a full ride but if it costs him nothing,  Well, nothing is nothing.

Hog on the Hill

Quote from: nwahogfan1 on February 21, 2014, 11:47:18 am
I bet with his grades, maybe ACT scores plus other things he can qualify for he can walk on  for practically zero costs to him until he is ready to play and then he can go on full football scholarship.

I know kids want a full ride but if it costs him nothing,  Well, nothing is nothing.
There's no such thing as walking on with an academic scholarship.  He'll have to pay his way.

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: Hog on the Hill on February 21, 2014, 12:48:56 pm
There's no such thing as walking on with an academic scholarship.  He'll have to pay his way.

How about Pell grants?

OnTheHillHogFan

Until he plays I think he can get academic scholarships but if he does play I figure he would get a football scholarship with the way Bielema works
Quote from: JaketheSnake on November 07, 2012, 10:28:17 am
Shoot the Obama deer... the ones that come for the free corn.
Quote from: ReddieHawg on November 06, 2013, 09:38:24 am
Do you happen to have any rapping skills? I think we could set you up with DJ Khaled and you could make a song entitled, "All I Do Is Bitch"

HOGINTENNESSEE

As long as he doesn't play a down he can be on academic scholarship.

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Thanks RD for giving this guy a nice write up, sounds like he deserves it. Enjoy reading stories like this.

Welcome aboard Johnny and hope everything works out the way you want.

Gotta give credit to Lunney and academics....and the walk on program.