Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Wednesday bits includes a big-time safety looking to visit the Hogs

Started by The Recruiting Guy, February 19, 2014, 12:00:50 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Arthur pigby sellers.

Quote from: Adam Stokes on February 19, 2014, 10:14:34 pm
So Gragg got invited to play in the Under Armour AA game.  Was it Gragg who said that if he got invited that he would announce at the game?
O'Grady said that.  Sounds like neither plan on committing soon.  It did sound to me like O'Grady could be one of those guys that waits to commit so he can do it on Nat TV but is otherwise a lock to sign with a particular team. 

BigSexyHog

2015 looks to be all kinds of special if we can close on these kids..  February is so far away.  Gonna be a fun and interesting year in recruiting.
Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

Tim Harris

Quote from: Arthur pigby sellers. on February 19, 2014, 10:22:52 pm
O'Grady said that.  Sounds like neither plan on committing soon.  It did sound to me like O'Grady could be one of those guys that waits to commit so he can do it on Nat TV but is otherwise a lock to sign with a particular team. 

I haven't seen that from O'Grady.  Not to long ago he had an interview out on one of the recruiting networks where he said Arkansas was his dream school.  If he gets offered I think he commits shortly there after.

southeasthog

Quote from: Tim Harris on February 20, 2014, 07:25:06 am
I haven't seen that from O'Grady.  Not to long ago he had an interview out on one of the recruiting networks where he said Arkansas was his dream school.  If he gets offered I think he commits shortly there after.
O'Grady is leaning towards holding off in making a decision because there's a chance he may get picked to play in the Under Armour All American game. He would like to announce at the game if chosen to play.

http://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2014/feb/16/sun/

The Hogfather

We HAVE TO get DeShon Elliot.  He is the type of safety/LB we need.

southeasthog

Quote from: Adam Stokes on February 19, 2014, 10:14:34 pm
So Gragg got invited to play in the Under Armour AA game.  Was it Gragg who said that if he got invited that he would announce at the game?
Quote from: Arthur pigby sellers. on February 19, 2014, 10:22:52 pm
Quote from: Tim Harris on February 20, 2014, 07:25:06 am
Quote from: southeasthog on February 20, 2014, 07:59:45 am
O'Grady is leaning towards holding off in making a decision because there's a chance he may get picked to play in the Under Armour All American game. He would like to announce at the game if chosen to play.

http://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2014/feb/16/sun/
Quote from: Tim Harris on February 20, 2014, 08:04:39 am

I know what Richard stated but also know what O'Grady has said in the past.  I'm not worried about him being a Hog as long as he gets an offer.

"Obviously I would love to play for Arkansas," O'Grady said. "That has been a dream and I hope I get the opportunity to do so. Not only is it the team that I grew up loving, but it is a great school for a tight end. They run a lot of 12 personnel (one running back, two tight ends, two wide receivers) and 21 personnel (two running backs, one tight end) so that is perfect for me."

He understands why Arkansas goes about recruiting in a certain way.

"I think they do things the right way," O'Grady said. "This was my first year to play tight end and I split out a lot. They told me they want to see me block and play with my hand on the ground. They'll get to see that this spring or in camp. I certainly understand that they want tight ends that can do it all and not just catch passes."

This doesn't amount to much of nothing but I quoted the entire conversation about O'Grady waiting per RD. Some posters that did not read the article will be saying later on that someone made it up. It wasn't a quote from O'Grady to RD but it was reported. So when I quoted you, I thought maybe that you haven't read it. Not trying to start an argument or be nit picking.