Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Wednesday bits includes a big-time safety looking to visit the Hogs

Started by The Recruiting Guy, February 19, 2014, 12:00:50 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Huds_HawgTide

"you can get a good look at a t-bone by sticking your head up a bulls ass, but id rather just take the butchers word for it" tom callahan
tommy boy

"Don't leave and be FROM Arkansas, stay and BE Arkansas" --coach jimmy dykes

"Going to mcd's for a salad is like going to a brothel for a hug"

Huds_HawgTide

If we got those two we would already have more twxas commits this class then last then maybe ppl will calm down
"you can get a good look at a t-bone by sticking your head up a bulls ass, but id rather just take the butchers word for it" tom callahan
tommy boy

"Don't leave and be FROM Arkansas, stay and BE Arkansas" --coach jimmy dykes

"Going to mcd's for a salad is like going to a brothel for a hug"

ifghog

ldfergu

Quote from: ifghog on February 19, 2014, 12:23:46 pm
Why have we not offered the safety??? WTH!

From everything I just read it doesn't seem to matter..  Staff doesn't offer kids without meeting them in person. 

The Recruiting Guy

Only a matter of time. Could happen at anytime. Texas is waiting until he visits this weekend. Arkansas may wait until he visits.

ifghog

Quote from: Richard Davenport on February 19, 2014, 12:46:10 pm
Only a matter of time. Could happen at anytime. Texas is waiting until he visits this weekend. Arkansas may wait until he visits.
Thanks RD and STP....Seems like a no brainer to me. He is a big position of need. I know we got some kids with potential but this kid looks like a baller! I do appreciate the info.

Nipsey Mussle

Quote from: Richard Davenport on February 19, 2014, 12:46:10 pm
Do you think it's as good for us as it sounds?

secneahog

Big time players. Use to be teammates with Pruitt.  Nice pipeline going. There ya go Texas people. ...
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

ldfergu

Like the fact the his coach calls him the hardest hitter he's ever had...Really excited about the 2015 class and hope its a monumental one for the hogs.  We could definitely use the optimism

The Recruiting Guy

ricepig

Nipsey Mussle

Quote from: ricepig on February 19, 2014, 01:14:00 pm
Now RD, we want you to tell us what he's thinking too!
No, but I don't know if he's calling Texas his dream school as well, etc.

Wildhog

Are we ever going to offer this kid?  Jesus.  Is this on Lunney or Bielema or both?
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

ricepig

Quote from: Wildhog on February 19, 2014, 01:40:44 pm
Are we ever going to offer this kid?  Jesus.  Is this on Lunney or Bielema or both?

I suspect one is soon forthcoming.

bobcat ball

He's visiting this weekend I bet he gets it then.
WOO PIG

Nipsey Mussle

immahog

No lions No tigers No bears.....ImmaHog

ricepig

The Recruiting Guy

C.J. admits he wasn't as mature as he needed to be as soph. I'm sure Arkansas wanted to see how he handled his business over the past season and this offseason.

I'm confident he'll get the offer very soon.

Nipsey Mussle

Quote from: ricepig on February 19, 2014, 02:06:20 pm
Pretty sure the talk was on O'Grady since he questioned Lunney, thus TE's.
Ahhh I see, so much complaining about not offering players in this thread that I can't keep up.

redeye

Quote from: tophawgwatcher on February 19, 2014, 12:14:26 pm
If we got those two we would already have more twxas commits this class then last then maybe ppl will calm down

It would certainly help.

The thing is that it's not only about quantity, but also quality.  We need to grab more players that would normally sign with Texas, A&M, Oklahoma, Okie State, LSU, Alabama and other good schools beating us for talent.  Right now we probably sign 1-2 a year who hold offers from these schools, but we need about 4 a year. Grabbing that many 4-5 stars out of Texas each year would go a long way toward helping recruiting.

ricepig

Quote from: BBsTheMan on February 19, 2014, 02:09:10 pm
Ahhh I see, so much complaining about not offering players in this thread that I can't keep up.

Yeah, hard to keep up with our non-offers. They come more in line with most expectations the next few weeks.

ifghog

Quote from: Richard Davenport on February 19, 2014, 02:07:15 pm
C.J. admits he wasn't as mature as he needed to be as soph. I'm sure Arkansas wanted to see how he handled his business over the past season and this offseason.

I'm confident he'll get the offer very soon.
RD do you believe it hurts us waiting this long on in state kids? I know why they do it...can't really resend an instate offer....but if I were an Arkansas kid... then get an offer from Bama before the Hogs....as much as I bleed Razorback red I would have to consider Bama....no matter what. I am just asking opinion. I really am not sure on my part.

redeye

Quote from: ifghog on February 19, 2014, 02:27:37 pm
RD do you believe it hurts us waiting this long on in state kids? I know why they do it...can't really resend an instate offer....but if I were an Arkansas kid... then get an offer from Bama before the Hogs....as much as I bleed Razorback red I would have to consider Bama....no matter what. I am just asking opinion. I really am not sure on my part.

I wouldn't even consider the Alabama offer.  If I were going to pass up an offer from Arkansas, it would have to be somewhere better then Alabama.

Tim Harris

Quote from: ifghog on February 19, 2014, 02:27:37 pm

Didn't change Ty Storey at all.  Bama offered him first and people were freaking out.  Then he got his Hog offer and committed not long after that.

Hey Super

I know, right?!? I play NCAA 13 and if we offer now we could gain 100-200 influence in our favor right off the back!! LET ME COACH I CAN DO THIS CRAP! 
As the ancient Tibetan philosophy states...... "Don't start none ... won't be none"<br /><br />
Quote from: Seebs on July 23, 2011, 02:33:26 pm<br />Please do not allow facts to get in the way of a good freak out<br />

ifghog

Quote from: LongHog on February 19, 2014, 02:46:02 pm
I know, right?!? I play NCAA 13 and if we offer now we could gain 100-200 influence in our favor right off the back!! LET ME COACH I CAN DO THIS CRAP! 

touché

SemperFi

What carries more weight; an Assistant making an offer or the Head Coach making the offer personally? Get the kids on campus, show them all that the UA has to offer them, take them to the Catfish Hole and then after they're frothing at the mouth, make the offer. It's called strategery!
Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem. - Ronald Reagan

ifghog

Quote from: redeye on February 19, 2014, 02:43:12 pm
I wouldn't even consider the Alabama offer.  If I were going to pass up an offer from Arkansas, it would have to be somewhere better then Alabama.
Well ok...Oklahoma, USC, Florida State...I see what your saying. I know I would no matter what go to AR but...kids today seem to not have the loyalty and I just in my early 30's but things are different. I am just asking really what everyone thinks. Maybe it doesn't hurt us at all. Tim you are right about Storey...like I said maybe it doesn't matter.

ifghog

Quote from: FlyFisher on February 19, 2014, 03:13:11 pm
What carries more weight; an Assistant making an offer or the Head Coach making the offer personally? Get the kids on campus, show them all that the UA has to offer them, take them to the Catfish Hole and then after they're frothing at the mouth, make the offer. It's called strategery!
I have actually thought about this too...not sure about frothing at the mouth but I get the point.

Hey Super

As the ancient Tibetan philosophy states...... "Don't start none ... won't be none"<br /><br />
Quote from: Seebs on July 23, 2011, 02:33:26 pm<br />Please do not allow facts to get in the way of a good freak out<br />

ricepig

Not sure if a trip to the Catfish Hole is allowed on these visits, probably can feed them on campus, catered from there though.

Vantage 8 dude

Strategy....and what pray tell is that? According to the comments and rants of some apparently the staff has NO such thing. They just make things up every day as it comes along. They have no plan or outline to follow when it comes to recruiting. Apparently they should be the first to offer every kid in the country, certainly in the state (whether or not the particular player fits their plans or not). Nope, no possible way CBB and the group have any strategy in place to improve the talent. If so they'd already offered every kid eligible not only in 2014 but '15, '16, '17, '18..............................

ifghog

Quote from: LongHog on February 19, 2014, 03:19:28 pm
+1 we are friends now
Right back at ya! So you know...I am pro CBB and staff....I really want them to succeed. I would have asked this from BP or Nutt...of course Nutt offered everyone in state and Petrino wouldn't hardly offer anyone....

redeye

Quote from: ifghog on February 19, 2014, 03:15:07 pm
Well ok...Oklahoma, USC, Florida State...I see what your saying. I know I would no matter what go to AR but...kids today seem to not have the loyalty and I just in my early 30's but things are different. I am just asking really what everyone thinks. Maybe it doesn't hurt us at all. Tim you are right about Storey...like I said maybe it doesn't matter.

I don't know if it's fair to say that kids today don't have as much loyalty, but I do think we lose more instate players then in the past.  I mean, we always receive commitments from very loyal instate players, but I think we have more players with ties outside of the state, these days.

To answer your question, I don't know how much of an effect it has to offer them late, but I'm skeptical that it's as great as we think.  Having said that, if there's a kid we know we want, then I'd like to think we'd offer them ASAP.  But I'm not ready to criticize Bielema for not offering some of our highly rated instate players, yet, because I suspect he has a good reason for not doing it.

Back when Nutt was our coach, there would be highly rated players who were never offered and most Arkansas fans didn't even know they existed.  In most instances, it was probably because that player had told Nutt early on that he had 0% chance of signing him, hoping to save them both some trouble.  Things have changed today to where we always know the names of the highly rated players, although we don't always know the names of the best players.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: redeye on February 19, 2014, 03:48:41 pm
I don't know if it's fair to say that kids today don't have as much loyalty, but I do think we lose more instate players then in the past.  I mean, we always receive commitments from very loyal instate players, but I think we have more players with ties outside of the state, these days.

To answer your question, I don't know how much of an effect it has to offer them late, but I'm skeptical that it's as great as we think.  Having said that, if there's a kid we know we want, then I'd like to think we'd offer them ASAP.  But I'm not ready to criticize Bielema for not offering some of our highly rated instate players, yet, because I suspect he has a good reason for not doing it.

Back when Nutt was our coach, there would be highly rated players who were never offered and most Arkansas fans didn't even know they existed.  In most instances, it was probably because that player had told Nutt early on that he had 0% chance of signing him, hoping to save them both some trouble.  Things have changed today to where we always know the names of the highly rated players, although we don't always know the names of the best players.
Warning: You're in severe danger of being found guilty of making far too much common sense when it comes to the question of the timing of our offers. Watch that 'cause it could be hazardous to your (posting) health. +1

Brewerfan10

Is Elliott's coach Mickey Moss as in Austin Moss' dad? Would that help or hurt us after he transferred?

ifghog

Quote from: redeye on February 19, 2014, 03:48:41 pm

Great answer! Thank you sir! I know common sense isn't usually welcome on this board but it is by me. I can buy your answer. +1

ifghog

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on February 19, 2014, 03:53:24 pm
Warning: You're in severe danger of being found guilty of making far too much common sense when it comes to the question of the timing of our offers. Watch that 'cause it could be hazardous to your (posting) health. +1
You couldn't be more right!

HometownHawg

Quote from: Brewerfan10 on February 19, 2014, 04:00:10 pm
Is Elliott's coach Mickey Moss as in Austin Moss' dad? Would that help or hurt us after he transferred?
It's better that BP isn't here anymore in that regard.

SPAL

Quote from: ifghog on February 19, 2014, 12:50:16 pm
Thanks RD and STP....Seems like a no brainer to me. He is a big position of need. I know we got some kids with potential but this kid looks like a baller! I do appreciate the info.

Agree. Thats def how it works on playstation so I'm not sure what is going on.

Hey Super

Quote from: ifghog on February 19, 2014, 03:35:25 pm
Right back at ya! So you know...I am pro CBB and staff....I really want them to succeed. I would have asked this from BP or Nutt...of course Nutt offered everyone in state and Petrino wouldn't hardly offer anyone....

I am pro CBB too but it looks like they prefer to meet these kids before extending any sort of offer. I trust that they just know everything we know and then 90% more - all we see is the tip of the ice berg.

COCHISE

Quote from: Brewerfan10 on February 19, 2014, 04:00:10 pm
I believe they have family in south Arkansas too.

ricepig

Quote from: LongHog on February 19, 2014, 06:56:32 pm
I am pro CBB too but it looks like they prefer to meet these kids before extending any sort of offer. I trust that they just know everything we know and then 90% more - all we see is the tip of the ice berg.

Sounds like Texass wanted the same from O'Grady, come to campus for the offer. I realize he is just down the street at Fayetteville High, but they still have a process they prefer. I wonder if Strong is using the old Texass theory of getting them to commit early and then telling them not to visit others.

widespreadsooie

Hey Super

Quote from: ricepig on February 19, 2014, 07:02:10 pm
Sounds like Texass wanted the same from O'Grady, come to campus for the offer. I realize he is just down the street at Fayetteville High, but they still have a process they prefer. I wonder if Strong is using the old Texass theory of getting them to commit early and then telling them not to visit others.

We'll be finding out soon with Gragg and Grady both holding offers from the Horns. Have a feeling we'll be seeing a lot more Strong than we'd all like this season ... recruiting wise.

Adam Stokes

So Gragg got invited to play in the Under Armour AA game.  Was it Gragg who said that if he got invited that he would announce at the game?