Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

247 just updated their rankings, KJ Hill with a HUGE jump.

Started by Adam Stokes, February 18, 2014, 11:49:50 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Adam Stokes

February 18, 2014, 11:49:50 pm Last Edit: February 19, 2014, 01:09:26 am by Adam Stokes
Normally if you are rated in the top 247 early on you are more likely to drop spots than move up simply because new guys are being discovered and making large jumps.  This was the case with all of our current commits.  KJ Hill on the hand, who was previously not even in the top 400, has now jumped up to 133 overall, just two spots behind Will Gragg who is now at 131.

http://247sports.com/Season/2015-Football/RecruitRankings?InstitutionGroup=HighSchool

FBREW000

Adam Stokes

Quote from: FBREW000 on February 19, 2014, 12:45:10 am
what I see is KJ Hill at 133...

Not sure how I put the wrong numbers in.  Thanks for the correction.

secneahog

Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

BigSexyHog

Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

The_Iceman

Its funny how he gets a bump to 94 rating, but Ty Storey stays at a 91 rating. Is Hill really that much better of a prospect than Ty, if at ALL?

RazorPiggie

Anyone else see that Partridge has the #1 RB in the nation committed?

Hogchick

I am sad to say I just don't think hill is coming. He was honored by the little rock touchdown club as the 7A player of the year. Didn't show up for the VIP reception and walked in right as the banquet started. Looked bored the whole time. Hardly talked to anybody. I hope I'm wrong but I think he is gone.

nonoffensiveposter

Sounds like they are pretty confident he's not coming to Arkansas, otherwise he would never have jumped that much.

Quickdraw Razorback

ricepig

Quote from: nonoffensiveposter on February 19, 2014, 08:02:46 am
Sounds like they are pretty confident he's not coming to Arkansas, otherwise he would never have jumped that much.

Yep, he isn't any better than he was three months ago, he now has a bunch of offers from the top schools, so it's time to bump him up. Now, he might should have been up there to start with, I don't know how the do the rankings, but his rise is due to the quality of offers, IMO.

trashcan maN

Quote from: ricepig on February 19, 2014, 08:21:54 am
Yep, he isn't any better than he was three months ago, he now has a bunch of offers from the top schools, so it's time to bump him up. Now, he might should have been up there to start with, I don't know how the do the rankings, but his rise is due to the quality of offers, IMO.
Exactly.

PorkRinds

Quote from: RazorPiggie            (Matt D) on February 19, 2014, 07:35:10 am
Anyone else see that Partridge has the #1 RB in the nation committed?

That's freaking impressive.  I wonder why a kid of that skill level would choose FAU instead of a major program.  Grades maybe?

The real Hogules

I think that the team that inks Gragg, will also get the services of KJ Hill.

I feel that Arkansas is currently in good shape (top 3) with Will Gragg.
It will be key that we show Gragg that the TE would be utilized if he chose the Razorbacks. With our current group of TE's I think that we'll throw to them early and often, so that's a plus.

I really like our chances with both Gragg and Hill.
Expect to see Ty Storey putting a full court press on these two over the summer.
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

RxRazorback

Quote from: PorkRinds on February 19, 2014, 08:52:06 am
That's freaking impressive.  I wonder why a kid of that skill level would choose FAU instead of a major program.  Grades maybe?

Partridge hired his HS coach.
W88 Pig S88ie!

PorkRinds

Quote from: RxRazorback on February 19, 2014, 08:56:02 am
Partridge hired his HS coach.

That explains it.  We will see if the commit sticks.  I have my doubts when bigger schools start putting on the full court press.

trashcan maN

Quote from: The real Hogules on February 19, 2014, 08:55:35 am
Expect to see Ty Storey putting a full court press on these two over the summer.
Gragg and Hill already have an ongoing group text with Storey and J.Bell. He said they talk about how awesome it would be to stick together and turn this program around like the 08 class did. He said Storey is already his #2 recruiter.

ifghog

I am glad you guys feel good about Gragg. I just don't....I sure hope I am wrong..

The real Hogules

Quote from: kj0N on February 19, 2014, 09:08:28 am
Gragg and Hill already have an ongoing group text with Storey and J.Bell. He said they talk about how awesome it would be to stick together and turn this program around like the 08 class did. He said Storey is already his #2 recruiter.

I hadn't read/heard that yet, thanks for the info!

If the in state kids stick together and we can surround them with quality with the remainder of this class, it could be the start of something special.
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

schmeck

Also in the latest update...

Hjalte Froholdt is ranked #78 overall
Jamario Bell # 114 overall
Ty Storey #217 overall

This class could be very, very special.  Possibly Arkansas' highest rankest class since recruiting rankings became so prevalent.
Deny everything and make counter-accusations.

immahog

No lions No tigers No bears.....ImmaHog

redeye

Quote from: PorkRinds on February 19, 2014, 08:58:40 am
That explains it.  We will see if the commit sticks.  I have my doubts when bigger schools start putting on the full court press.

It will be interesting.  Seems like FAU always has some big South Florida kids commit early, but they rarely stick.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: Hogchick on February 19, 2014, 07:39:02 am
I am sad to say I just don't think hill is coming. He was honored by the little rock touchdown club as the 7A player of the year. Didn't show up for the VIP reception and walked in right as the banquet started. Looked bored the whole time. Hardly talked to anybody. I hope I'm wrong but I think he is gone.
Not sure if I see an immediate connection/proof that "he's gone" and your observation that he "didn't show up for the VIP reception" (possible conflict perhaps), "looked bored the whole time" and "hardly talked to anybody". What am I not seeing here?

ricepig

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on February 19, 2014, 03:46:26 pm
Not sure if I see an immediate connection/proof that "he's gone" and your observation that he "didn't show up for the VIP reception" (possible conflict perhaps), "looked bored the whole time" and "hardly talked to anybody". What am I not seeing here?

Yeah, not sure I see the correlation between the LRTC and him decision to decide where he'll play college football.

DoggtownHog

KJ Hill is an Auburn lean at this point. But there is still plenty of time to sway him.
How stupid a man is depends on where he's standing.

ADavisTheGOAT

Quote from: DoggtownHog on February 19, 2014, 05:59:39 pm
KJ Hill is an Auburn lean at this point. But there is still plenty of time to sway him.
Why does he want to play lineman?
Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

Fort Dweller

Quote from: Fatty McGee on June 03, 2012, 09:43:59 pmRabid gay rampage?  That's quite a phrase.  I picture rundown neighborhoods being gentrified by angry, fit, childless, and well dressed mobs.
Quote from: sharpd1 on September 23, 2012, 08:33:21 pmSome of the people posting on here aren't good at brain stuff.
Quote from: PonderinHog on June 26, 2013, 11:15:49 pm
What if he chews a Poptart into the shape of two men holding hands - or worse?
Quote from: PharmacistHog on February 19, 2015, 10:09:07 am
Did you really click on the "report to moderator" button.  And not only that but do it on yourself? 

ADavisTheGOAT

Quote from: Fort Dweller on February 19, 2014, 07:19:30 pm
What?
Dang guess you didn't catch on to it lol. All Auburn WRs do is block. They're like extra lineman.

Fort Dweller

Quote from: Hogfan991 on February 19, 2014, 07:33:07 pm
Dang guess you didn't catch on to it lol. All Auburn WRs do is block. They're like extra lineman.

Haha.  My bad.  It makes sense now, but I got brainlock for a minute.
Quote from: Fatty McGee on June 03, 2012, 09:43:59 pmRabid gay rampage?  That's quite a phrase.  I picture rundown neighborhoods being gentrified by angry, fit, childless, and well dressed mobs.
Quote from: sharpd1 on September 23, 2012, 08:33:21 pmSome of the people posting on here aren't good at brain stuff.
Quote from: PonderinHog on June 26, 2013, 11:15:49 pm
What if he chews a Poptart into the shape of two men holding hands - or worse?
Quote from: PharmacistHog on February 19, 2015, 10:09:07 am
Did you really click on the "report to moderator" button.  And not only that but do it on yourself? 

ADavisTheGOAT

Quote from: Fort Dweller on February 19, 2014, 07:39:44 pm
Haha.  My bad.  It makes sense now, but I got brainlock for a minute.
Its all good man. +1 though.

Hogchick

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on February 19, 2014, 03:46:26 pm

Just an observation and a hunch.  My opinion. Nothing more. Really hope I'm wrong.  Seen it before with other kids there. Lots of time left though. Not giving up hope.

Mo_Better_Hogs

It is kinda funny, other player are up 8, down 15...Hill is up 336!

My favorite name on the list is Ray-Ray McCloud III from Tampa.