Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The Next Ryan Mallett

Started by Mitch C, February 18, 2014, 10:30:31 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Mitch C

There is a kid in Albuquerque, NM who is a JR playing QB.  He is 6'7" and is a multi-sport athlete.  Maybe some of you guys in the know can tip off our recruiters to check him out.  Don't know his name but he goes to Eldorado HS in Albuquerque.

Mitch C

http://arkansas.scout.com/a.z?s=10&p=8&c=1&nid=7049180

Evidently we know about him.  I met some dude from Univ of Florida that was watching him play BB.

Adam Stokes

If he can run a 4.68 he ain't no Ryan Mallett.

BigSexyHog

Looks like we found our MLB.....
Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Daddy Pork on February 18, 2014, 10:43:03 pm
http://arkansas.scout.com/a.z?s=10&p=8&c=1&nid=7049180

Evidently we know about him.  I met some dude from Univ of Florida that was watching him play BB.

Looks like BP recognizes some similarities between this kid and RM as well. Already offered by Louisville.
Go Hogs Go!

The_Iceman

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/o/1526405/highlights/77849384

Boy can move too. Arm is not as strong as Mallett's (but who's is?), but he is much more mobile.

Is shows his favorites as Texas and OK State.

Tim Harris

I'm sure he is a great QB but since we already have Storey on board I doubt we take another QB in 2015.

BigSexyHog

Quote from: Tim Harris on February 19, 2014, 07:14:44 am
I'm sure he is a great QB but since we already have Storey on board I doubt we take another QB in 2015.

TE or LB maybe?
Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

The_Iceman

Quote from: Tim Harris on February 19, 2014, 07:14:44 am

I like Peavey, but Storey looks to be on a different level when it comes to pure QB skills. Peavey's upside is what he brings with his feet. Having both on campus at the same time will give us two different styles, but both very high caliber. Great problem top have.

Tim Harris

Quote from: BigSexyHog on February 19, 2014, 07:42:17 am
TE or LB maybe?

Only on Hogville do you get one of the top QB in the country to come here and be a  TE or LB.

TrueBlue

Quote from: BigSexyHog on February 19, 2014, 07:42:17 am
TE or LB maybe?

Now that would make him the next Ryan Mallett! Houston Dale thought Ryan was TE also...

Tim Harris

Quote from: The_Iceman on February 19, 2014, 07:42:20 am
I like Peavey, but Storey looks to be on a different level when it comes to pure QB skills. Peavey's upside is what he brings with his feet. Having both on campus at the same time will give us two different styles, but both very high caliber. Great problem top have.

They both have the potential to be very good.  The biggest thing for them is how quickly will they adjust.  The competition they play in HS is no where near SEC quality.

online-with-swine

Quote from: Tim Harris on February 19, 2014, 07:54:00 am
They both have the potential to be very good.  The biggest thing for them is how quickly will they adjust.  The competition they play in HS is no where near SEC quality.

Yep.  Bot are physically gifted enough to be stars at the qb position.  What happens between the ears will determine if they will be or not.

OPoraquê

Comparison, respectfully made:

Mr. Gentry, as a sophomore: 17 passing TDs, 9 rushing TDs, 6 INTs on a 7-6 ABQ Eldorado team that got blown out in the state semifinals after playing an all-NM schedule.

Bentonville's 6'5" Kasey Ford (class of 2016) as a sophomore, 23 passing TDs, 3 rushing TDs, 5 INTs (only 1 in his final 10 games) on an 11-2 Bennie team that won the state championship handily after playing (and coming close to beating) an ooc schedule that included Oklahoma and Texas quarterfinalists Broken Arrow and Euless Trinity.

azhog10

Quote from: The_Iceman on February 19, 2014, 06:15:23 am

Boy can move too. Arm is not as strong as Mallett's (but who's is?), but he is much more mobile.

Tenner not Texas.

azhog10

More impressed with the kid from Bentonville when it comes to arm strength.

OPoraquê

Quote from: azhog10 on February 19, 2014, 09:07:13 am
More impressed with the kid from Bentonville when it comes to arm strength.

Young Mr. Gentry is a Rivals FOUR STAR, ranked #11 at the pro-style position for the high school class of 2015, and in his sophomore and junior years combined he's only thrown 3 more TDs (after a 9-passing-touchdown junior campaign on a 4-6 team) than Bentonville's Ford threw his sophomore season.

I'm VERY curious to see where Ford will be ranked as a pro-style QB in the class of 2016 if he builds off his sophomore season (more importantly, if Bennie does as well).

ricepig

Quote from: OPoraquê on February 19, 2014, 09:22:53 am
Young Mr. Gentry is a Rivals FOUR STAR, ranked #11 at the pro-style position for the high school class of 2015, and in his sophomore and junior years combined he's only thrown 3 more TDs (after a 9-passing-touchdown junior campaign on a 4-6 team) than Bentonville's Ford threw his sophomore season.

I'm VERY curious to see where Ford will be ranked as a pro-style QB in the class of 2016 if he builds off his sophomore season (more importantly, if Bennie does as well).

Team's records aren't always indicative of one's abilities. Truthfully, you probably need to go to camps/combines and be in the Elite 11 to be recognized as the top Pro-style QB. I'm not saying that's the only way, but it makes it easier for the heard that "decides" these type rankings make their choices.

OPoraquê

Quote from: ricepig on February 19, 2014, 09:34:04 am
Team's records aren't always indicative of one's abilities. Truthfully, you probably need to go to camps/combines and be in the Elite 11 to be recognized as the top Pro-style QB. I'm not saying that's the only way, but it makes it easier for the heard that "decides" these type rankings make their choices.

Understood, Ricepig.  I'm guessing Barry Lunney, Sr. is likely doing his best to convince one particular QB to do precisely that.

pillowhog

pillowhog

I watched the HUDL video.  Only similarity to Mallett is height, way better athlete

hawgsmellgud

Quote from: Daddy Pork on February 18, 2014, 10:30:31 pm
There is a kid in Albuquerque, NM who is a JR playing QB.  He is 6'7" and is a multi-sport athlete.  Maybe some of you guys in the know can tip off our recruiters to check him out.  Don't know his name but he goes to Eldorado HS in Albuquerque.

Walt White Jr.?

A.K.A. Flynn
"I've never been a numbers guy," Mallett said. "If you play the game for yourself, don't play. I don't want you on the team. There's one goal we've got here. If you're not trying to reach that goal, don't come to Arkansas."

Huds_HawgTide

neither is brady's but mallet hasnt pulled what brady did to bledsoe
"you can get a good look at a t-bone by sticking your head up a bulls ass, but id rather just take the butchers word for it" tom callahan
tommy boy

"Don't leave and be FROM Arkansas, stay and BE Arkansas" --coach jimmy dykes

"Going to mcd's for a salad is like going to a brothel for a hug"

aar0n

So basically he's nothing like Ryan Mallett except he's tall. 

pillowhog

Quote from: RazorBroncs on February 19, 2014, 02:03:43 pm
Not sure, does he think he's black?

GreenwayTigerHog

Quote from: RazorBroncs on February 19, 2014, 02:03:43 pm

& he plays QB and Hooter Dale would move him to another position...

pillowhog

Quote from: GreenwayTigerHog on February 19, 2014, 02:54:14 pm
I doubt it since Nutt kept Jones at QB

TheRazorbackGuy

Quote from: GreenwayTigerHog on February 19, 2014, 02:54:14 pm

This kid is going Tennessee

RedSoxFan

Quote from: pillowhog on February 19, 2014, 02:06:28 pm
Not sure, does he think he's black?

Has he ever stated "Who wants to give Zach Gentry a scantron?"

Vantage 8 dude

HawgFan70

Good looking prospect but I think we have our 2015 QB recruiting locked up.
being smited is a sign of having a backbone and not joining in with lil smiter gangs, fire away kids

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: Adam Stokes on February 18, 2014, 11:56:50 pm
If he can run a 4.68 he ain't no Ryan Mallett.
nor is he a Tyler Wilson....I don't think Ryan is appreciated enough for what he did for the University of Arkansas football program....the years he was here there was the daily threads about how he threw the ball too hard, he threw too many picks, BLAH BLAH BLAH....right now I'd give our whole QB crew to have Ryan back for a couple of years...and I don't want to hear how he cost us the Sugar Bowl because of that pick...there never would have been a pick at the end of the game if the sacred cow that wore #45 would have caught the ball on 2nd and 7 at the 9 yard line giving us a new set of downs...not a discouraging word was said when #45 dropped a ball that hit him between the 4 and 5 on his jersey....Ryan Mallett is likely the most talented passer to ever wear a Razorback uniform....I take that back, he's not likely, he IS the greatest spinner of the football in Razorback history, and yes that includes Joe Ferguson
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

rolyat_2008

Mike Farrell @rivalsmike 
big one there for NM kid @Cassidy_Rob: Albuquerque (NM) El Dorado Four-star QB Zach Gentry has been offered by #Alabama. @AndrewJBone

as with nearly every bama offer that means he has an invite to one of their camps

hawgmasta

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on February 21, 2014, 10:22:43 pm
nor is he a Tyler Wilson....I don't think Ryan is appreciated enough for what he did for the University of Arkansas football program....the years he was here there was the daily threads about how he threw the ball too hard, he threw too many picks, BLAH BLAH BLAH....right now I'd give our whole QB crew to have Ryan back for a couple of years...and I don't want to hear how he cost us the Sugar Bowl because of that pick...there never would have been a pick at the end of the game if the sacred cow that wore #45 would have caught the ball on 2nd and 7 at the 9 yard line giving us a new set of downs...not a discouraging word was said when #45 dropped a ball that hit him between the 4 and 5 on his jersey....Ryan Mallett is likely the most talented passer to ever wear a Razorback uniform....I take that back, he's not likely, he IS the greatest sspinner of the football in Razorback history, and yes that includes Joe Ferguson

(drops mic, walks away)