Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Quentez Johnson (6'2" 332lb DT)

Started by The_Iceman, February 18, 2014, 09:14:54 am

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Iceman

Quentez Johnson ‏@Teezy_Grind

"Arkansas was recruiting real hard until I made them a leader. They just stopped recruiting."

http://247sports.com/Player/Quentez-Johnson-35920

PorkRinds

Not a smart thing for a recruit to post.  But there has got to be a reason we cooled off on him. 

Seebs

Let the new D Line coach get his affairs in order Quentez. See you on signing day.
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

HoggusMaximus

maybe their is a bigger fish in the water?

JackJohnson

Quote from: PorkRinds on February 18, 2014, 09:15:41 am
But there has got to be a reason we cooled off on him. 

Most likely has to do with his recruiting coach Taver Johnson leaving...

The Recruiting Guy

Taver was his lead. Arkansas will get in touch

The_Iceman

Quote from: Richard Davenport on February 18, 2014, 09:33:42 am
Taver was his lead. Arkansas will get in touch

Figured it had to do with the staff turnover.

PorkRinds

Quote from: JackJohnson on February 18, 2014, 09:26:18 am
Most likely has to do with his recruiting coach Taver Johnson leaving...

This is probably the truth.  I didn't realize Taver was his lead guy.  I'm doubting Taver was overly worried about a 2015 recruit.  Seems like he knew he had to get his job done for 2014 and then he would be gone. 

hawgsmellgud

I used to follow this young man until he made a joke about the children at the school that had the massive shooting couple years ago. Can't remember the name right now, but it was in terrible taste.
"I've never been a numbers guy," Mallett said. "If you play the game for yourself, don't play. I don't want you on the team. There's one goal we've got here. If you're not trying to reach that goal, don't come to Arkansas."

rolyat_2008

Taver left and the coaches have been off for like a week.

HogsOfAnarchy

Quote from: hawgsmellgud on February 18, 2014, 09:31:58 pm
I used to follow this young man until he made a joke about the children at the school that had the massive shooting couple years ago. Can't remember the name right now, but it was in terrible taste.
p
It was sandy hook and yeq that pissed me off so I quit following him also

PorkRinds

Quote from: hawgsmellgud on February 18, 2014, 09:31:58 pm

Something similar happened with Sharieff Rhaheed last year for me.  I instantly went from hoping like heck we got him to kind of hoping we didn't.  That's the thing about following these guys on twitter.  You realize who has class and who doesn't.  I hope the coaches pay attention to that sort of thing too.

immahog

So I'm not the only one who unfollowed him for what he tweets
No lions No tigers No bears.....ImmaHog

PorkRinds

Quote from: immahog on February 19, 2014, 01:33:39 pm
So I'm not the only one who unfollowed him for what he tweets

Nope.  I have too.  Like the others, the Sandy Hook thing was too much for me. 

colt-45

Quote from: PorkRinds on February 19, 2014, 01:35:36 pm
Nope.  I have too.  Like the others, the Sandy Hook thing was too much for me. 

I stopped following as well when I saw that tweet. Just not sure how anyone could find humor in that.

Piggfoot

Hog fan since 1960. So thankful for Sam Pittman.

Porkatarian

2 things:

1. I deleted all the name calling.

2. Try to remember that this is a kid who may not know any better.

Porkatarian out...
"I came here to win the SEC and that is exactly what we are going to do."

PorkRinds

Quote from: Porkatarian on February 20, 2014, 12:13:05 pm
2 things:

1. I deleted all the name calling.

2. Try to remember that this is a kid who may not know any better.

Porkatarian out...

It's hard for me to believe that a teenaged kid doesn't know better than to make jokes about the dead children at Sandy Hook.

Porkatarian

Quote from: PorkRinds on February 20, 2014, 12:51:35 pm
It's hard for me to believe that a teenaged kid doesn't know better than to make jokes about the dead children at Sandy Hook.

I agree that was in extremely poor taste, but we have to remember he's just a kid and we have no idea about his home life.

Porkatarian out...
"I came here to win the SEC and that is exactly what we are going to do."

acey33

Quote from: PorkRinds on February 20, 2014, 12:51:35 pm

Agree 100%...we don't need these type of players with this type of character issues...IMO