Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sam Pittman

Started by JackJohnson, February 18, 2014, 04:45:15 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

JackJohnson

Has 7 OL that he coached attending the NFL combine. 

I am sure that is being used by him on the 2015 OL recruits :)

UNC
OT James Hurst
C Russell Bodine

Tennessee
OT Ja'Wuan James
OT Antonio Richardson
OG Zach Fulton
C James Stone

Ark
C Travis Swanson

You can sort by College and then go to the drop down menu
http://www.nfl.com/combine/participants

Wisky has 6 former players at the combine which is pretty impressive. 

We have 4 in Hocker, Swanson, Smith and Thomas

Uncommon

Anybody read Zach Hocker's analysis.  Ball does not explode off the foot?  Does not possess great leg strength?

Gee...I want to see the person that does have leg strength and explosion off the ball.  The guy is kicking 55+ yarders with plenty of distance and was a touchback machine yet doesn't have leg strength.

I don't know about y'all but that makes me scratch my head.

Hogberry Snortcake

Quote from: BeastBack 50 on February 18, 2014, 04:55:40 pm
Anybody read Zach Hocker's analysis.  Ball does not explode off the foot?  Does not possess great leg strength?

Gee...I want to see the person that does have leg strength and explosion off the ball.  The guy is kicking 55+ yarders with plenty of distance and was a touchback machine yet doesn't have leg strength.

Seems to me that exploding off the foot would be a bad thing.  Expensive if nothing else.  I think it means the evaluator has no idea because its a kicker, but he saw an Arkansas game once. 

trashcan maN

I'll take a guy who can hit 50-55 with regularity over a guy who can punch it from 63 and is lesser from 50-55. Just me.

redeye

Considering that he did that at 3 different places, I'm not sure if it's impressive or not.  He should have more kids there then most OL coaches, because he coached more then most.  That he's coached so many different places might make some wonder where he'll be when they get here.

Having said that, I'm sure he'll spin it to his advantage, like a good recruiter should do.

ricepig

Quote from: redeye on February 18, 2014, 07:24:38 pm
Considering that he did that at 3 different places, I'm not sure if it's impressive or not.  He should have more kids there then most OL coaches, because he coached more then most.  That he's coached so many different places might make some wonder where he'll be when they get here.

Having said that, I'm sure he'll spin it to his advantage, like a good recruiter should do.

Or, he could be so good that it only takes one year with him to put you in the combine......

Hogeration

Quote from: redeye on February 18, 2014, 07:24:38 pm

I get what you're saying but you also have to throw in that he didn't work with the players for a long period of time either since he has been to a few places in not a great span of time.  The guy can coach and that is all there is to it.

Tony Sloprano

Quote from: ricepig on February 18, 2014, 07:44:28 pm
Or, he could be so good that it only takes one year with him to put you in the combine......
Please............

Give us a break already. Travis Swanson was going to go to the combine without Pittman.

bennyl08

Quote from: Tony Sloprano on February 18, 2014, 10:18:08 pm
Please............

Give us a break already. Travis Swanson was going to go to the combine without Pittman.

True. However, I would present Tennessee's OL as evidence to Pittman's prowess. They had some incredible talent that was underperforming when he got there. We've all seen the stats on how they did with sacks and yards per rush the year before, and the year he was there. This season, Tennessee's OL dominated the preseason All conference lists. However, they again didn't quite live up to the hype after Pittman left, though several of them will still be drafted pretty high. Admittedly, I would prefer to see them not regress after he left, but it is what it is.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

secneahog

Please............

Coach Herbert transformed Swanson body in 1 year. Know your stuff before you post.
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

JayBell

There can be some exaggeration on both sides, but at this point how can you deny that Pittman is a huge asset to the program?  He's recruiting offensive linemen over the likes of Alabama and Florida State.  Meanwhile linemen from every school where he coaches are going pro.

Tony Sloprano

Quote from: secneahog on February 19, 2014, 02:01:16 am
Coach Herbert transformed Swanson body in 1 year. Know your stuff before you post.
omg, are you for real ?

Tony Sloprano

Quote from: bennyl08 on February 18, 2014, 11:46:45 pm
True. However, I would present Tennessee's OL as evidence to Pittman's prowess. They had some incredible talent that was underperforming when he got there. We've all seen the stats on how they did with sacks and yards per rush the year before, and the year he was there. This season, Tennessee's OL dominated the preseason All conference lists. However, they again didn't quite live up to the hype after Pittman left, though several of them will still be drafted pretty high. Admittedly, I would prefer to see them not regress after he left, but it is what it is.
no one is doubting Pttman's prowess. i am his biggest fan, but I do draw the line at giving him credit for Swanson going to the combine, which is what ricepig alluded to. That is just sunshine pumping to the extreme.

ricepig

Quote from: Tony Sloprano on February 19, 2014, 10:30:03 am
no one is doubting Pttman's prowess. i am his biggest fan, but I do draw the line at giving him credit for Swanson going to the combine, which is what ricepig alluded to. That is just sunshine pumping to the extreme.

No it isn't, I was just throwing out the fact that he didn't have to coach you all 4/5 year to make the combine. I'm fully aware that Swanson was going if you had coached him. Now, Pitman may have increased his draft stock, which what this is about.

ifghog

Quote from: ricepig on February 19, 2014, 10:43:54 am
No it isn't, I was just throwing out the fact that he didn't have to coach you all 4/5 year to make the combine. I'm fully aware that Swanson was going if you had coached him. Now, Pitman may have increased his draft stock, which what this is about.
Bingo!!!!

ricepig

Quote from: Tony Sloprano on February 19, 2014, 11:31:26 am
Where did you say that ?? All I saw was talk about GOING to the combine. Nothing about DRAFT STATUS.

OP- "Has 7 OL that he coached attending the NFL combine. 

I am sure that is being used by him on the 2015 OL recruits"

ricepig -- "he could be so good that it only takes one year with him to put you in the combine......"

Nowhere is there talk about draft status, only talk about MAKING the combine. Quit making stuff up.

Talk about making stuff up, I said "he could be so good that it only takes one year with him to put you in the combine", no where did I say he was, or that I was talking about any individual player. Admit it, you jumped on a quote without knowing what was said. No need to apologize, I expect such remarks from you.

Dominicanhog

It looks to me as though we are about to become OL U... need to win some games but the big Heavies are headed to the Ville 2, 3, 4 at a time, every year, sooner or later that has to pay off...

JayBell

February 19, 2014, 12:06:37 pm #17 Last Edit: February 19, 2014, 02:02:52 pm by JayBell
Quote from: ricepig on February 19, 2014, 10:43:54 amNo it isn't, I was just throwing out the fact that he didn't have to coach you all 4/5 year to make the combine. I'm fully aware that Swanson was going if you had coached him. Now, Pitman may have increased his draft stock, which what this is about.

This is probably exaggeration.  I think it was the combination of Bielema's system, Herbert and Pittman's tutelage that may have increased his draft stock, not just Pittman.  Swanson was a preseason All-American before he played one game under Pittman.

Tony Sloprano

Quote from: JayBell on February 19, 2014, 12:06:37 pm
This is probably exaggeration.  I think it was the combination of Bielema's system, Herbert and Pittman's coaching tutelage that may have increased his draft stock, not just Pittman.  Swanson was a preseason All-American before he played one game under Pittman.
He is the king of exaggeration but don't even try to discuss it with him, he will drop your IQ 40 points in the process.

ricepig

Quote from: Tony Sloprano on February 19, 2014, 12:17:44 pm
He is the king of exaggeration but don't even try to discuss it with him, he will drop your IQ 40 points in the process.

In other words, you were wrong as usual.....

ricepig

Quote from: JayBell on February 19, 2014, 12:06:37 pm
This is probably exaggeration.  I think it was the combination of Bielema's system, Herbert and Pittman's coaching tutelage that may have increased his draft stock, not just Pittman.  Swanson was a preseason All-American before he played one game under Pittman.

Where is the reading comprehension around here, I said "may have" increased his draft stock. I think all three of the above increased Travis' draft stock.

Tony Sloprano

Quote from: ricepig on February 19, 2014, 12:31:12 pm
Where is the reading comprehension around here, I said "may have" increased his draft stock. I think all three of the above increased Travis' draft stock.

How do you even know his draft stock increased ?? Are you privy to NFL draft grades on a yearly basis ?

You state all of this stuff as if it is fact then base your argument on that basis,  but in fact your basis is just opinion and a guess. Cracks me up !

immahog

No lions No tigers No bears.....ImmaHog

ricepig

Quote from: Tony Sloprano on February 19, 2014, 02:19:09 pm
How do you even know his draft stock increased ?? Are you privy to NFL draft grades on a yearly basis ?

You state all of this stuff as if it is fact then base your argument on that basis,  but in fact your basis is just opinion and a guess. Cracks me up !

Again, your reading comprehension failed you, I said "think", not "know", admit it, you jumped the gun on the comment and are trying to find a way to be right, fail.

Tony Sloprano

Quote from: ricepig on February 19, 2014, 03:03:48 pm
Again, your reading comprehension failed you, I said "think", not "know", admit it, you jumped the gun on the comment and are trying to find a way to be right, fail.
You get so carried away with your pumping, you don't even recall what you post. Here it is for you :

"I think all three of the above increased Travis' draft stock."

There it is in black and white. You think they INCREASED HIS DRAFT STOCK.

CDBHawg

Quote from: secneahog on February 19, 2014, 02:01:16 am

He was going to get invited, whether Herbert was here or not.

Not knocking CBB, Herbert, or Pittman, just stating that Swanson was/is NFL material regardless.

Tony Sloprano

Quote from: CDBHawg on February 19, 2014, 09:56:23 pm
He was going to get invited, whether Herbert was here or not.

Not knocking CBB, Herbert, or Pittman, just stating that Swanson was/is NFL material regardless.
Thank you. Finally someone with some subjectivity to go with a triple digit IQ. That is a hard combo to find here.

ricepig

Quote from: Tony Sloprano on February 19, 2014, 09:49:31 pm
You get so carried away with your pumping, you don't even recall what you post. Here it is for you :

"I think all three of the above increased Travis' draft stock."

There it is in black and white. You think they INCREASED HIS DRAFT STOCK.

Yes, I said I think, I never claimed, I know, as you first proclaimed. If you don't think they helped Swanson's draft stock, so be it, I do.

ricepig

ricepig

Quote from: Tony Sloprano on February 19, 2014, 12:17:44 pm

You don't have 40 points to drop, so that leaves you out.

secneahog

Quote from: Tony Sloprano on February 19, 2014, 10:07:44 pm
Thank you. Finally someone with some subjectivity to go with a triple digit IQ. That is a hard combo to find here.

Your karma rating is impressive
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

Tony Sloprano

Quote from: secneahog on February 20, 2014, 01:12:39 am
Your karma rating is impressive
The fact that you even look at that, much less take it into consideration, speaks volumes.

Razorhawg09

I'm about to me made a mod so expect this board to be ruled with an iron fist.

Scott7703

Quote from: Razorhawg09 on February 20, 2014, 10:11:26 am
I'm about to me made a mod so expect this board to be ruled with an iron fist.

Lol, I can hardly wait.

YouCrawl_IQuall

Swanson was only preseason All American because Bielema said he's the best center he's ever seen. Otherwise no one outside SEC media know who he is

JaketheSnake

Quote from: Tony Sloprano on February 22, 2014, 09:20:20 am
Swanson finished LAST in the bench press among all offensive lineman. That is rather odd for someone who has had their body transformed in a year.

Now who is it that needs to "know your stuff" ?

Do you know what he measured on all those tests last year?  No? Just speculation?  Ok.

tusksincolorado

Please............

We NEED to bring Markelson back!
Screw it! I'm an old angry male, live with it!

immahog

No lions No tigers No bears.....ImmaHog

onebadrubi

Quote from: Tony Sloprano on February 19, 2014, 02:19:09 pm

I think it's pretty clear and obvious last year propelled swansons draft stock upward.  Any other thoughts then just tha and I can't really help you, but to prove it factual is merely taking multiple sources of football knowledge and Combing them to make that judgement.

tusksincolorado

Quote from: immahog on February 22, 2014, 09:31:42 am

Coach B already fired him lol

And some folks say that CBB is not a smart football coach.

Swanson was a talent when he walked on campus....Pittman and CBB honed and polished his skills at the finish. This will push him over the top come Draft Day.

Folks, we have SKILLED football coaches now in Fayetteville. The days of the "RAH-RAH Coaches" is over in Fayetteville. The teams of the "HUNH ERA" will fade like the teams of the wishbone, and veer as soon as the Defensive Coaches figure out the offensive schemes. The HUNH will not be the "be all, end all" offense from here on out. When that happens then it will return to the game we grew up loving!

GO HAWGS!  :razorback: 

GO HAWGS!  :razorback: 
Screw it! I'm an old angry male, live with it!

Jek Tono Porkins

Yeah those pre-draft analyses are often scathing. I take them with a grain of salt.
I have known the troubles I was born to know
I have wanted things a poor man's born to want
And in all my dreams and memories I go running
Through the fields of Arkansas from which I sprung

Hoggish1

It also makes me ignore a guy who says stuff like that.